My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digge...

By NSTSiYA

[TIAOM COMPLETE] She is not a sly neither a play girl. In fact, she is just an ordinary poor girl who is so... More

1. That Girl
2. Pie's Mission
3. Rendezvous
4. Meet Jittaleela
5. A Day With Ms.Gold Digger
6. Our Engagement
7. Building Up Understanding
8. Personal Assistant
9. A Rival
10. Jealousy?
11. HATE YOU!
12. Of Three Ladies
13. Torn Inside
14. Pie oh Pie
15. The Stolen Kiss
16. Don't Hate Me
17. Embracing The Love
18. The Pillow Talk
19. Won't Hurt You
20. Hurtful Refusal
21. Believe
22. A 'Deathly' Fight
23. Pie in Danger
24. Kim
25. The Conundrum of an Old Picture
27. Goodbye Kim
28. A Vacation To Go
29. To The Far-Far Away Kingdom
30. London; Day 1
31. London; Day 2
32. London; Day 3
33. London; Day 4
34. London; Day 5
35. London; Day 6
36. Back to Basic
37. Friend to a Foe
38. The Real Foe
39. The New Beginning
40. Shaping the Future
41. Promise Ring
42. The Bridesmaid
43. A Little Escape to Celebrate
Finale: It isn't an ordinary photo shoot!
PROMO ALERT

26. I Miss You

3.8K 145 27
By NSTSiYA

It was not like any other morning where Kim usually woke up by the sound of her 'human alarm clock'; Pie knocking on the door. Today, in the midst of dead silence and calmness, an exhilarating and rewarding experience came to greet her as soon as she regained her full consciousness. Kim refused to believe her sight for the place first but as much as she tried to deny it, the more it came to her realization that Pie was actually sleeping next to her and not only that, the girl's little limb wrapped securely around hers. Pie was sleeping soundly like a baby and by looking to the steady rise and fall of her chest; Kim could tell that Pie was so deep in her slumber.

"Pie..." Kim called the name. However, the girl showed no response to it.

"Pie Mindara..." Kim called again and by now she heard a soft moan as reply.

Chuckled on her own, Kim decided to let the girl sleep for a little more minutes. She brought her hand to the girl's hair, playing and brushing the soft fragrance brunette hair with her fingers. She started to wonder what made this angel here, in the same bed as her. The last thing she could recall was the moment her nose bled and by any possibilities, she could predict something has gone wrong right after the moment.

"Pie, how could we get here?" Kim asked to the girl.

"You passed out yesterday and the doctor told me you won't wake up until the next morning." Pie growled upon answering the tom.

"Oh, okay." Kim nodded knowingly. In a split second, the girl in her embrace bolted up from the bed, staring to her in disbelief.

They gazed into each other eyes for the longest seconds before Pie spoke up. "You are awake."

"Yes?" Kim feigned a smile.

"It's good then." Kim watched the girl dropped herself to the bed again before she rolled on her side.

"I slept for a very long hours." Kim said to the girl.

"Indeed you are and look what you have done to me..." Pie pouted. "You made me sleep here." The girl added, sour expression written all over her drowsy face.

Pie saw Kim raised her perfect eyebrows to her and the corner of her lips curved up into a teasing smile. "I bet you are so glad to have a huggable giant teddy bear." She knew the tom was up to something.

"You're a giant skeleton." Pie recoiled. Flushed yet embarrassed by the thought that she hugged Kim in her sleep, Pie tore her gaze away from the tom.

"What time is it Pie? I need to go to the office." Kim queried, sending a little spark of confusion mixed with utmost startled to Pie.

"You are sick. How could you have that thought of going to the office?" Pie asked out of her dissatisfaction upon Kim's decision.

Instead of answering the girl, Kim got up from the bed and walked to her wardrobe. Pie knew it; Kim was trying to avoid any further conversation with her.

"Kim..." Pie called out, impatient with the cold treatment in the morning.

Kim turned around to look to her. "I had missed a lot of my tasks these past few days. Moreover, if I'm not working today, who is going to feed you Pie?" The response slipped clearly from the tom's mouth. Guilt started to envelope Pie, realizing she had partially caused the troubles in Kim's life.

"I'm going to prepare your breakfast." Pie said.

"No need to do that." Kim responded immediately.

"I'll just have my breakfast at the office." The tom told her. "Don't push yourself to work that hard. You need to rest until you are completely recovered." Kim started to elaborate her real mean of the statement, noticing that Pie frowned over the matter.

When Kim thought things were cleared, she could sense it didn't necessarily clear to Pie. The girl was obviously not in favour of something upon her explanation earlier. She was all prepared to listen to what Pie ought to say. "You're pushing yourself too hard too. You're sick, why don't you spend just a day to have a rest and get back later to the office? That's your father's company and you can do whatever you wanted to." Pie snapped out of her control. As what she had always expected, Kim saw it the tears were threatening to spill from the girl's eyes. It came to her realization that Pie had become more vulnerable these days. She was so fragile that even a single careless word could scatter her apart.

Slowly, she brought herself back to the heart of her life. Pie refused to look to her at all by now. "Pie..." She called the girl, taking her hands into hers. "I know you're concern about me and I'm so glad you do. However, I want you to know, I'm doing this for you; I'm working for your future. I know that we might not be together in the coming time but the only thing that I am certain right now is I'm going to provide you a better life once we are apart." Kim said.

It felt like Pie was struck to the deepest part of her heart, she turned to look to the tom again. Kim was still looking to her; right into her eyes. Those brown eyes which had always held the sincerest gaze was her weakest point and she was afraid that someday she would lose to them. "I'm trying to fulfil your wishes and make you dream comes true." The tom added after a brief pause.

Pie was unable to utter any response to Kim right at the moment. Kim left her speechless. Where did the old Kim whom she used to know had gone to? There's no arrogant and rude Kim. How Kim could give up everything including her Everest height's ego and being this humble yet very kind to her? For Pie, Kim's sudden change was too drastic that she couldn't even adapt herself to this new Kim. Everything seemed to turn upside down yet she could not meet the right end to make everything all right.

"Now, could you please help me with my shirt and what not?" Kim changed the topic quickly. "I guess you don't want to see any holes on my shirt again." Kim laughed and so did Pie.

"I'll take it." Pie nodded her yes. "Now go and get your bath. You don't smell that good." Pie said, pinching her nose as if the smell was real.

"Wanna join me too?" Kim grinned flirtatiously.

"Pervert! No!" Pie grabbed a pillow and threw it to Kim's direction. Not by her luck, Kim had already arranged her steps to the bathroom, giggling loudly to see Pie's reaction.

**************************************************************************************

"Pie, I'm not coming home for lunch. Don't forget to have yours alright? You can call for delivery." Kim reminded the girl as they both standing right at the main entrance of the house with Pie holding her blazer just like any wife would do when her spouse was about to leave the house to work.

"Just now, you said you won't have your breakfast at home and now, you're telling me you are not going to have your lunch too. Tell me what is going on here? Are you trying to avoid me Kim?" Pie was straight forward. This morning, Kim had ruined her mood twice and now she couldn't bear any of them anymore.

Kim stepped forward to her with a loud sigh. "Please Pie. I don't have energy for this."

"I'll come home earlier for dinner. Is it alright?" The tom said, wishing it could at least ease the tense between them two.

"Promise?" Pie asked for a rigid conformation. Deep inside the emptiness has become more obvious to her feeling. Various thought rushed to her mind; Kim trying to avoid her but why?

"You know I have always stuck to my words. You have my promise and I'll be back as soon as possible." Kim nodded. A wide smile curved across her lips again when she saw Pie smiling to her. She tried her luck, stepping in for a kiss on top of the girl's head. Miraculously, Pie didn't seem to refuse it all and Kim was surely glad with the improvement.

"Kim..." Pie spoke up when she was about to reach to her car. "Can I go to your parents' place today?" Again, Pie surprised her with such request.

"Sure. Mama must be pleased with your visit." Kim faltered.

"Thank you! I'll be back before dinner too." Pie waved excitedly. Kim didn't know, she was planning to be there for an important purpose.

***************************************************************************************

Jittaleela's Residence

Pie rested her eyes on the rows of flowering plants. The garden was a kaleidoscope of colours as the various tone of their nature shaded the ground uniformly. Mrs.Jittaleela was indeed high in taste and preference when she picked up the plants which supposed to inhabit her secret garden. The woman had turned this land to a heaven on Earth. The refreshing scene sent a sense of calmness to whoever gazes to it. The mixed fragrance of the blooming flowers was an unearthly scent ones would ever smell and being in there seemed to hypnotize anyone to stay there, unwilling to leave. How it could possibly be when the garden itself is better than the reality.

Pie glanced over her shoulder, trying to capture any figure of the elderly woman. Awhile ago, she excused herself to get them some drink and up until now, Pie didn't see the woman return. Instantly when she was about to tore her gaze away, the wind carried to her the aroma of freshly baked cookies, distorting her intention of looking away from the place where she last rested her eyes. There, she saw Mrs.Jittaleela coming with a tray of drink in her hands and not to miss, Pie spot another plate on it. It must be the source of the aroma which she had smelled just now.

"Am I taking too long?" Mrs.Jittaleela smiled as she put down the tray in front of Pie. The girl deliberately breathed in the pleasant smell to her lungs. Mrs.Jittaleela let out a soft chortle upon seeing the girl's reaction. It still amused her on how this childish demeanour of Pie is ready to build a marriage life with Kim. They both seem so young to her; too young that she felt they are not even prepared to go through one.

"It smells so good." Pie complimented and at the same time she was hinting with her eyes that she was about to have some of the cookies.

"Surely you can have it Pie. I bake them for you." Mrs.Jittaleela giggled. "I heard that you love chocolate. So here you are, chocolate chips for you." The elderly woman said.

"I know. It must be Kim who told you that." Pie responded; unconsciously realize her mouth was full.

"Whoever would ever care about any small details of you Pie? Of course Kim did it." Mrs.Jittaleela said. "What makes you come here my dear? Do you have a fight with Kim?" The woman suddenly asked.

Pie took a sip of her tea before she responded to her 'future mother in law'. "No. We didn't." Pie shook her head ardently. "I just want to spend more time with you." The girl grinned shyly.

"Do you know Pie? Neither you nor Kim is good at lying." Mrs.Jittaleela smiled and Pie felt trapped. "Spit out your words. I am willing to listen." The woman said, more to a demand to Pie's hearing.

Pie was hesitated at first but then she gained her courage when Mrs.Jittaleela soothed her with a warm nod. The woman was trying to lessen her anxiety, she knew it. Slowly not to rush, Pie took out the old photo which she found yesterday. She hoped that Mrs.Jittaleela could help her with it. She needed to know the truth behind the old memoir.

"An old picture?" The woman responded just the same as Tavee did.

"Yes." Pie nodded.

"Oh, I see your Papa." Mrs.Jittaleela seemed surprised with her own sight.

"That is indeed true too." Pie nodded again.

"So, what is the problem with this picture?" Mrs.Jittaleela didn't tear her gaze away from the picture as she spoke. She moved her eye from one person to the next, trying to observe and recognise any of them.

"I'm hoping that you have some knowledge about these men or at least a story behind this picture." Pie said.

"I'm afraid I can't help you, dear." Mrs.Jittaleela sighed as she put down the photo back to the table.

"You don't have any idea about them at all?" Pie was in doubt.

"I only know your Papa and the person next to him who is Fern's father. He comes here often. He is your Papa's business partner." The woman told her.

"Of course you don't know the other two. They both were dead." Pie whispered to herself.

"I don't really exist in your Papa's past, Pie." Mrs.Jittaleela managed to draw her attention. Pie was all ears to the woman.

"Our marriage was the arranged one." The woman proceeded. "When I first met your Papa, I knew I am not his choice at all. One thing that I remembered, I saw painful old days in his eyes." Mrs.Jittaleela continued her tale.

"How could you just accept the marriage when both of you are not even in love with each other?" Pie queried, more curious than bothered.

"I believe that we are meant to be together." The woman answered upon inhaling a deepest breath. It sent Pie to a state of pondering when what the elder woman said was exactly the same thing as Kim did. 'BELIEVE' Kim learned so much from her mother.

"Mama, I have something to ask and I hope it will not sound too offended to you." Pie began.

"I'm all ears."

"How could you simply believe something which is uncertain? I meant back to the time when you know Papa doesn't love you and being forced into a marriage which is not a joke at all; it was all about vow that tied your entire life together. Where did you find the courage to be so fearless about what awaits you in the future?" Pie asked without a single pause.

Mrs.Jittaleela looked to the girl with a smile.

"I do not simply believe it Pie. I have faith in it. I believe that we were brought together for a reason and I have faith in it; that our relationship will work." The woman said.

"If anyone had ever told you that you need to love your partner before you start to build your marriage life, I would tell you that they might not necessarily right. Your Papa and I learned to love each other through our marriage and it grows stronger and stronger as the time goes by. He has my back and I will always stick to him through thick and thin." Mrs.Jittaleela added and Pie was touched with the confession. Pie reflected the tale to her current life with Kim. If the marriage was said to take place when she didn't willingly to have one, would things work out as well as the love tale of Mr and Mrs.Jittaleela. Things might not be the same for them; she refused to believe the fate which has brought her and Kim together unlike Mrs.Jittaleela did to her husband. In fact, she didn't put any faith in her relationship with Kim at all, because she knew it was just a puppet play to cover up their pretending.

"I would say that you are so lucky to have Papa." Pie said out of sudden. Mrs.Jittaleela tried to recall if she had ever said something wrong to the girl; Pie looked upset upon hearing her tale.

"Do you have something to share with me, my dear?" Mrs.Jittaleela asked, worried with the thought that she had reached too far to the girl's thought.

"You're so lucky to have Papa who is willing to learn and love you the way you do. My mother was killed by the man she loved the most." Pie blurted the secret that no one has ever known. She was being comfortable with Mrs.Jittaleela that she could easily tell the woman everything and no, it was not a mistake to tell the woman about the long kept secret.

"I'm sorry for that." Mrs.Jittaleela said apologetically as she lowered her gaze, shocked with the tale Pie had told her.

"It's fine Mama. It was an old story." Pie said, throwing her gaze to the other direction. "Don't you see that we are brought together for a purpose too?" The girl inserted. Mrs.Jittaleela quickly shifted her gaze to the girl again.

"I met a new wonderful mother to fill my empty soul for so long." Pie said, almost whispering. Touched with the confession, Mrs.Jittaleela shifted her seat next to the girl. She drew Pie close to her, wrapping the tiny frame of the girl into her embrace.

"I'm glad to have you too." Mrs.Jittaleela said. "And please Pie, stay with us." The woman pleaded, sensing a strange feeling that the girl is soon to be gone from Kim's life.

************************************************************************************

The Bungalow; Kim and Pie's place

Pie stole a glance to the clock. Kim supposed to arrive in any minutes from now. She prepared a special dinner today. Mrs.Jittaleela had taught her Kim's favourite meal and she was so excited to see Kim's reaction upon seeing all the dishes she cooked. The table was neatly set up for two. The plates and the silverwares were in their right position. Pie didn't know what has gone wrong with her but with a few minutes left, she decided to clean herself and get a fresh dress. Somehow, she felt that today is a special day to her. It was so good to spend a day with Mrs.Jittaleela. Pie started to feel alive again. That most probably because she missed her late mother a lot and having the woman around delighted her deserted soul once again.

An hour had passed and there's no sign that Kim would arrive home soon. Pie had repeatedly gone to check at the window for any glimpse of the white Lamborghini. It came to her disappointment when all she saw was the flash of other vehicles that went through the road in front of their house. She dragged herself lazily back to the dining hall. The meal was nearly cold and left untouched. When Kim came back later, she most probably had to warm them again.

"Where are you Kim?" Pie talked to nobody as she settled down on the chair staring to the food uninterestedly. Kim had promised to come home earlier but now she betrayed it. The night was getting dark and none of the figure came to her view.

***********************************************************************************

A loud sickening thud awakened Pie from her sleep. No; she fell asleep without her realization. Later, she heard a loud growl echoed through the empty house. Kim was home. The tom might have stumbled over something and it was all her fault to leave the house in pitching dark. She fell asleep; the thing she couldn't help.

Pie glance to the big clock on the wall. It was nearly 10.00 p.m. It meant that she had fallen asleep for long hours and Kim came home for a real late. Pie's impatient nature started to divulge. The pitch - dark was not an obstacle to her to make her way through the hall. Pie arrived safely to the grandiose living room. She couldn't see it clearly but she knew it was Kim who was standing a meter away from her.

"Where have you been?" Pie bellowed from the distance and so suddenly the house turned bright. Pie got the switch.

"Pie, you scared the hell out of me." Kim gasped, picking up her stuffs from the floor. Pie saw it, the papers scattered on the floor. Kim might accidentally dropped it from her hand just now.

"I asked you, where have you been?"

Kim didn't directly utter her answer to the girl. Instead, she hurriedly took out her cell phone from the pocket. "Gosh! I should have noticed it." Kim muttered to herself. The message which supposed to be sent to Pie was undelivered because her phone was dead. The only thing that came to her view was a blank screen.

"Pie, I'm sorry. I tried to tell you that I can't come home earlier today but I didn't realize that my battery is dead." Kim sighed, hurriedly made her way to Pie.

"Ridiculous. How come you didn't notice it?" Pie was indignant with the excuse.

"I'm sorry. I really, really didn't notice it." Kim begged. She knew she upset the girl but none of the deed could rewind the time where she could make things right.

"Hey, you look beautiful tonight? Any special occasion?" The tom queried, trying to shift the matter to a new topic. She scanned her gaze all over Pie's tiny form. Pie wore a blue dress which was quite unusual to her.

"That doesn't change the fact that you broke your promise." Pie scowled.

"I know. I know." Kim put a finger to Pie's mouth. "Look, I know there's something special here. Let me see." Kim said, wandering her eyes around for the target.

"No, there's nothing special here." Pie said, losing her mood.

"No. I know you're lying. I smell something delicious." Kim said, a bright smile flashed through her face. Pie pretended not to know it.

Out of nowhere, Kim hoisted the girl onto her back. Pie tried to protest but Kim forced her to wrap her arms around her neck. Kim took her back to the dining room.

"I knew it!" Kim exclaimed in joy. "My sweetheart prepared a marvellous dinner for me." She said and gently put the girl down.

"It's not for you. I'm going to sleep." Pie said, redirecting her steps to leave the dining hall.

"Nope." Kim grabbed the girl's hand, drawing the letter back into her arms. "If you're not going to accompany me for the dinner, I might change my thought to 'eating' you." Kim said to the most perverted thought she had ever spoke to Pie. It invited a hard knock on her head. Pie growled loudly to her.

"Let me go." Pie protested.

"No. Not until you forgive me." Kim shook her head.

"I'm not going to forgive you this easy. You make me wait for hours." Pie scowled again.

"I know. Tell me what should I do to make it up to you?" The tom queried, seriously begged for the girl's forgiveness.

"I don't know." Pie said cold; as cold as the ice.

"If I were about to kiss you, I might book a place for me in the hell." Kim said loudly. Pie stifled her laugh because of it. "I think a warm hug would be fine?" The tom gazed to the girl, spreading her arms widely as if she was welcoming the girl into it.

Pie shot Kim a look before she slowly closed their distance again. It surprised Kim that Pie suddenly wrapped her arms around her waist and rested her chin to her shoulder. It was nearly unbelievable to her when she returned the hug to the girl.

"Where have you been? I miss you..." It was no doubt that Pie said it to her. Pie missed her and it was not a dream.

#Author's Note

Do you think Pie would ever give a second thought to Kim's feeling?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 312 40
A life and death love story.
713 49 32
His hand stayed on mine as he pulled out back on the road and I could feel the embarrassment creeping up my cheeks. "I'm sorry." I said. First I was...
86.4K 1.9K 46
in my story "never missed second chances" aom and tina has given a chance to express their true feelings for each other. now in this next story.. the...
35 3 8
Ouque, where used to be famous for love matching, now only a small town selling drugs, drinking and killing eachother in order to survive. Taisu Glob...