Unexpected

Av Discov3r

It all started with a call, a call neither one of them will forget. It started with a kiss, a kiss neither on... Mer

Unexpected
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 Part A
Chapter 21 Part B
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Authors note
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 35

27K 701 87
Av Discov3r

I wake up to the sun shining in my eyes. I groan and slowly let my eyes open, letting them adjust to the sudden brightness. 

“You really need to get a curtain,” I mumble once I feel Emery shifting. 

“I know,” Emery whispers. I move so I’m laying on my side and I look at Emery. He’s rubbing his eyes and yawning, I chuckle. Emery looks over at me. “what’s so funny?” he questions, his voice hoarse. Okay, I don’t know about you but I find a mans morning voice the sexiest thing ever possible. Damn, I was loving Emery’s voice. 

“People usually yawn when their tired,” I reply. 

Emery rolls his eyes but cracks a small smile. “So what happened last night?” Emery asks. 

I shrug. “Just something with Noah.” 

“You can tell me,” Emery says. 

I raise an eyebrow. “You really want to hear my Noah issues?” 

Emery shrugs. “If it helps.” 

I sigh. “I don’t know we just got in a fight and just crap went down. Its honestly whatever, I don’t care anymore,” I tell him. Emery nods then sits up. 

“Shit happens.” 

I laugh. “Indeed it does. Where’s J-Dog?” I question as I sit up and look around his room. 

“Probably with Cade, he loves him more than anything.” 

“Everything loves Cade.”

I bite my bottom lip and breathe for a minute, just finally relax and try and find what I was feeling this morning. For the past couple mornings I haven’t been able to just relax and know what I was feeling. So this felt nice and I felt what I was definitely feeling this morning. I was feeling nothing. Absolutely nothing and for once feeling nothing never felt so good. I loved it. 

And that is why I did what I did. For once it was my turn to kiss Emery, not drunk. Emery was shocked to say the least. Though after a couple seconds, he pulled back. 

“Cedes, if you’re doing this to eff with my feelings then stop now,” Emery warns. 

Noah I guess kind of made my decision last night. Why would I want to be with someone who I piss off.. Why would I want to be in a relationship with someone I already have a past with. And why would I want to be with someone whose perfect? 

It didn’t make since to me until last night that everything isn’t as it seems. What I see right now is Emery in my future. I don’t know how or where but all I know is that I want him there with me. 

Noah’s off to college next year and he can screw any girl he wants. I just won’t be there when he calls to tell me because I’ll already be gone. Noah and I were meant to stay in the past. 

*

 “But you make me wanna act like a girl! Paint my nails and wear high heels! Yes, you make me so nervous! That I just can’t hold your hand!” Silver, Brittany, Alexandra, and I sing as we run into the game room where the guys were playing games. We start shaking our butts as the guys look over at us. “You make me glow, but I cover up! Won’t let it show, so I’m! Puttin’ my defences up! 'Cause I don’t wanna fall in love! If I ever did that! I think I’d have a heart attack!” 

“Why are we singing Demi?” Cade interrupts as he lifts an eyebrow and pauses the lacrosse game they were playing on the xbox. 

I smirk as we stop singing. “Now understand why I take my time! Cause you come wit alibis! Tryna get me to see thats where you tryna be! But I don't want yo man! Yo mans been calling me! Tryna get me to see!” 

“That he wants me to be wit him! But he ain't the one for me! And if you only knew! You would! Do what you had to! Finally see that, finally get the chance to see that!” Silver joins singing with me as Brittany and Alexandra don’t know the song. 

“You guys are old school,” Matt laughs. 

Silver rolls her eyes and I chuckle. “Since you guys totally ruined our mini concert, we’re heading to the mall now. Are you guys going to stay here until we come back in a couple hours or?” I question. 

“We’ll be here,” Ross answers, I nod. I send a wink to Emery and he smiles at me. 

“Bye guys!” Silver yells and we’re heading out the door and into Brittany’s car.  

Its been maybe a week and a half since the whole argument with Noah and we haven’t talked to each other since. Even if we weren’t talking to each other, it was pretty obvious we were done. For the last couple of days Noah has been bringing Alexandra over my house and Cade’s been inviting Brittany. I guess by the second day she was over: I got the hint they’re dating. Alexandra hasn’t said anything because she’s quiet and she barely talks to anyone but Noah. 

I could care less though about Noah and Alexandra because Emery’s been amazing for the last couple days. I’ve been sleeping in his bed, he’s been sleeping in my bed, and we went on a date thing two days ago. We went bowling with Chance and Silver. Emery hasn’t asked to be my boyfriend so I’m single I guess. Even though we’re not dating: he’s mine. Its pretty obvious we have a thing going on with each other. I’ve been eating lunch with Emery for the last couple days and just been chilling with him. Doing nothing and just spending time with each other. Honestly, I love it. I like spending time with Emery because he’s funny and very easy to talk to. 

“So spill how Emery sex is,” I blink and look at Brittany and the others who are looking at me. I blush cherry red. “oh my God, you’re blushing!” Brittany squeals. 

I roll my eyes. “You guys we haven’t French kissed never less have sex.” 

“Well when it does happen, you gotta spill,” I laugh at Brittany. “now how’s Noah sex? I bet Alexandra would like some tips.” 

“I do not need to hear about my brother in bed!” Silver exclaims. 

“He likes to be in control,” I answer Brittany and Silver groans. Alexandra just blushes and hides beneath her hair. 

I lean against the drivers seat, as I was in the back with Silver, and Alexandra got the passenger side. “How’s Cade sex?” I ask. 

Brittany sighs. “Amazing! Did you expect less?” Brittany replies and we all nod. It was true. 

I knew they probably did it, Cade and Brittany, because they’ve been completely head over heels for each other. Brittany’s been over my house for the past weeks, since Cade doesn’t live with his dad anymore, and they’re always snuggled up on the couch or playing around with each other in the game room. They were honestly adorable together. They always seem so carefree with each other so I was happy Cade was finally happy. With everything from his abusive dad, moving out of his house, and his mom not taking Cade’s side. Cade was finally in a happy place and enjoying himself, it was everything I could wish for. 

My friend’s were happy, I was happy, I was with Emery, Emery is happy, and over all everything was just great. Okay, maybe everything isn’t great because there was Emery’s birthday in not even two weeks. I don’t know if he’s staying or what and I don’t want to bring it up because Emery hates when I talk about it. 

“You coming, Cedes?” Silver laughs. I shake my head, sigh, and follow the girls in the mall. “isn’t everything weird with you and Alexandra?” Silver questions in a low voice. 

I shrug. “I haven’t talked to Noah since the night, so its not really awkward. Maybe if I was talking with Noah then it would be but I’m not so…” I chuckle. 

Silver nods. “How are you and Emery?” 

“We’re good, you and Chance?” I ask. 

Silver immediately brakes out into a grin. “I’ve never been more happier,” Silver loops her arm around my arm and dreamily lays her head on my shoulder. “he treats me like a princess and we’re just in love, Cedes. I know we’re young and all that BS but we are.” 

“You know what? I’m happy for you two, I really am.” Silver smiles at me. 

Silver gasps and jumps up. “Brittany! We need lingerie for Alexandra and Cedes!” Silver yells as she runs to Brittany. I roll my eyes and chuckle. 

Out of all friends, why Silver…

*

After coming home from the mall with the girls, everyone left. Of course Brittany and Cade stayed but they were no harm. I was just glad it was silent and calm in my house. I needed to be relaxed after the long three hours running around the mall. They practically had to force the clothes on me. 

I guess it was fun though. Once you got Alexandra talking, you got her talking. She was very funny and was pretty perverted like us. She definitely fit in our little group. So, I guess the mall was a success and we totally need to do it again but just not so soon. 

When I got home from the mall, the guys told me Emery was in his room. You know me being me, I was ready to watch some movies, cuddle a little, and pig out on food. But no, no, no, no Emery wasn’t up for it. He was fast asleep and snoring away. So for the past couple hours I’ve been on tumblr, literally doing nothing. 

I jump in my skin when I feel my bed dip a little but then I relaxed my tense muscles when I figure its only Emery. And when I feel lips press to my neck I knew I had guessed right. I shut my laptop close and put it on my side table near my bed. 

“How was the mall?” Emery asks as he lightly nibbles on my ear. I feel some of Emery’s weight on my back, letting me know he’s laying on top of me, and his arms wrap around my torso. 

“It was fun and we got a lot of cute clothes. How was your nap?” I question. 

Emery chuckles. “It was good. Sorry I wasn’t awake when you came home. I was tired but anyway I have a question,” I nod as I flip us around and straddle Emery’s…naked waist. Oh my God…. He was ripped, how could I have not realized that?! Sure, I saw his body once back at our camp trip but damn. “you’re staring,” Emery laughs. 

I roll my eyes and grab his hands, our casts awkwardly there. “So what’s up?” I wonder as I tear my eyes away from his perfectly sculptured body. 

“Are you doing anything tomorrow night?” I shake my head. “good.” 

I crease my eyebrows. “Why? What’s up?” 

Emery chuckles. “Just be ready at 7 at okay?” 

I gasp and let go of Emery’s hands and lean closer to him. “Is Emery Woods taking Cedes Element on a….date?” 

“Maybe he is?” I immediately brake out into a smile. “just don’t expect too much, I’ve never really done this before…” Emery whispers as he blushes. 

I lean my forehead on his forehead. “As long as you are by my side, it will be perfect,” I whisper back. 

“You know you’re perfect, right?” 

I smile. “I try.” Emery tilts my head up with his finger under my chin and places a simple and sweet kiss on my lips. 

“Wow, Brittany and I don’t even do it while people are home. Where are your manners?” Emery and I look over at my door to see Cade popping his head in my room. He smiles at us. “I’m just kidding. Yo, Cedes, Brittany needs lady assistance in the bathroom,” Cade says. I nod and hop off Emery and walk out of my room and to the bathroom. 

“Brittany?” I call out as I knock on the door. 

“Its open.” 

I open the door, walk in, close the door and walk over to where Brittany was sitting on the toilet seat. “What’s up?” I question. 

Brittany looks at me with tears rolling down her cheeks. “Can you sneak me out without Cade seeing me?” she questions. 

“Why what happened?” 

Brittany goes all red. “We were just screwing around and I ended up getting my period… It was so embarrassing! I mean blood everywhere and oh my God,” Brittany rambles as she face palms herself. 

“Pad or tampon?” I question as I start walking towards the door. 

“Pad, tampon sounds….teasing.” I burst out into laughter and Brittany gives me the finger. 

“Everything good?” Cade questions when I enter my room. I walk into my bathroom grab a couple things then walk back out and look at Cade. 

“She’s embarrassed to say the least. Just don’t mention it, put a movie on or something after, alright? Or you guys can spend the night in my room?” 

Cade brightens up. “Seriously?” 

I narrow my eyes at him. “As long as nothing happens.” 

“Oh, I don’t think that’ll happen.” I nod then walk back to the bathroom. 

“Here are the pads and you will be spending the night in my room with Cade, okay?” 

Brittany nods. “Thanks, really.” 

“There’s advil under the sink!” I yell as I close the bathroom door. I walk into Emery’s room to find him listening to some music on his bed. I jump up on his bed. “Emery! Emery! Emery! I know you probably can’t hear me! So I’m just going to keep jumping on your bed because I can! Maybe I’ll even add a little booty pop to this jumping! I have so much energy but you’re too boring!” I sing as I dance randomly on Emery’s bed. It was pretty fun believe it or not. I screech though when Emery swiped his feet across mine and I loose my balance, falling onto him. 

“I am not too boring!” Emery sings. “what do you want to do?” he sings and I just brake out into laughter. 

“You suck at singing,” I inform him as I flick his nose. 

Emery flicks my nose back. “I wouldn’t be talking, gorgeous.” 

“Gorgeous?” 

“I like to be cheesy.” 

Made my night. 

*

I awkwardly grab a water from the fridge. 

“So, how are you and Emery?” Noah questions and I nod as I lean against the counter. 

“You and Alexandra?” Noah nods his head as well. I take a sip of my water then push myself off the counter and start walking out of the kitchen but Noah stops me as he grabs my hand. I turn around and crease my eyebrows at Noah. 

“I know we ended everything at a bad term but Cedes you’re still like my little sister and I care for you. I don’t want anything awkward to happen between us.” 

“Only awkward if you make it,” I smile at Noah, he nods, lets go of my arm, and I walk back up to Silver’s room. “Noah makes it so awkward!” I complain. 

Chance chuckles. “Both of you make it awkward,” he states. I stick my tongue out at him. “so, why did you end up choosing Emery?” Chance asks.

I groan. “Why is everything about me and Emery right now?” 

“Because you’re the ‘it’ couple at the moment, I mean come on! Childhood best friends are an item after 8 years of being apart from each other! Its like a Nicholas Sparks book no one can put down,” Silver explains. I just shake my head at her and sigh. “so where is he taking you tonight?” Silver wonders.

“All he said is quote on quote ‘dress nice’ so I have no idea,” I answer. 

Silver nods. “Just wear that dress I lent you the other day ago. You know the black one?” I nod. 

“Will do, hey Chance what do… the guys think of Emery?” I wonder as I slowly swallow my spit. 

The guys’ opinion of Emery and I mattered because I want my friends to like Emery, I want them to get along with him, and I don’t want anything to happen outside of our group. It even matters to what Matt thinks of Emery…. I just don’t want anything to happen to our group because if anything happens, I’ll be the one out of the group. We’ve all come so together to each other over the years and I don’t want everything to break because of a guy. I don’t want the guys hating Emery…

“Honestly? We really have no problem with him. He doesn’t shit talk about us, he doesn’t do anything to hate him. He’s shy and he keeps to himself and that’s what we like about him. Plus we enjoy his jokes and he always knows what to say,” he chuckles. “its really only Noah you should be worried about. That dude hates him for unknown reasons.” I nod, I knew Noah hates Emery… It wasn’t a big secret. Then suddenly we hear a knock from outside. 

“That must be my dad, I guess I’ll talk to you guys later, yeah?” they nod. I stand up, grab the dress and make up in my bad, and start to leave. “don’t do anything stupid!” I call over my shoulder and wink at the two, Silver goes red. I laugh to myself and walk outside and into my dad’s car. 

“How was Silver’s?” my dad questions.

“It was good.” my dad nods and start driving home. 

Emery had to use my car for some unknown reason and so my dad’s been driving me around all day. We need to get that kid his own car. God only knows what stuff he has probably seen in my car. But Emery’s been gone since 12 this afternoon and it is now 5:45, I don’t know what he’s up to but I hope its worth all this wait…

*

As I impatiently wait on my couch all ready for Emery to come home the door bell rings. I quickly get up and practically run down to the door, I open the door and I smile in awe when I see Emery standing there with black khakis on and a white pollo shirt. I’m not going to lie he looked hot as his hair was tousled in a messy way, his olive tan skin popped with the white shirt he was wearing, and his eyes looked like sex. 

“Well look who can tidy up,” Emery teases with a wink. I roll my eyes but keep a smile on my face. “no but you look beautiful tonight.”

“Thank you, you look pretty hot tonight,” I say and Emery chuckles. 

“Thanks, you ready?” I nod. 

“Mom! Dad! We’re heading out!” I call as I look behind my shoulder. 

“Be back by 12! Or Emery your ass is grass!” my dad yells. 

“Yes, sir!” Emery calls up the stairs. I laugh and shove Emery back then close the front door. 

“So where are we going?” I question. 

Emery stops at the passenger door. “Alright I can tell you now and ruin the surprise or you can wait.” 

“Well duh, ruin the surprise,” I reply as I lean against Emery. Emery opens the door and ushers me in, I sigh but get in, and wait for Emery to get in. 

“Now you’re sure you want me to ruin it?” I nod. Emery pulls out the driveway and starts driving. “Little Scrubs,” he answers and my eyes widen and my mouth drops open. 

Little Scrubs is a theatre where they’ve been doing the famous plays for years. My favorite play they did there was the Wizard Of Oz’s play they do. Every Friday night I would drag my parents, Emery, and his parents out to watch the play. We would go literally every single Friday night to watch it. I completely enjoyed the play and practically knew every single line. To hear Little Scrubs is open just brought so many memories because I haven’t been since Emery left. That long ago. 

It made my heart melt when I realized Emery remembered me dragging them out to see the play. My night had already been made. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote <3

Comment <3

And tell me what you think <3 

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

624 67 55
Well, this is a journal, so you found it. Can I say Happy reading into my life? The life of a kid who hates love. This is a love story, darling. Well...
1.1M 35.5K 50
I quickly turned away from him, to get the hell out of the room. But he caught my arm and pulled me back into his chest. Shit. Fuck. He buried his fa...
15.8K 697 52
In the United States, a new disease has surfaced and has a fatality rate of 100%. There is no medicine which can cure this disease. The disease destr...
86.8K 5.7K 35
*book 1 in the Elementals series* Four teens all connected in a way they didn't know was possible. Kailani: She was left on a d...