He's Not Bad, He's Broken

By DestineeDaniels

Bradley Stevenson. Kale Ryder. She's broken. He's broken. She doesn't trust anyone, at all. He only trusts hi... More

Chapter 1 - Past
Chapter 2 - Mr. Bad Boy
Chapter 3 - New Room
Chapter 4 - Family Dinner
Chapter 6 - Goodnight BadBoy
Chapter 7 - Bipolar Arse
Chapter 8 - Brittany
Chapter 9 - Protected by the BadGirl
Chapter 10 - Kale
Chapter 11 - Sleepover
Chapter 12 - Bad Day
Chapter 13 - Secrets Shared
Chapter 14 - Broken
Chapter 15 - Don't Judge
Chapter 16 - Eli
Chapter 17 - Party
Chapter 18 - His Dimples
Chapter 19 - Her Company
Chapter 20 - My Mother
Chapter 21 - Fate
Chapter 22 - Necklace
Chapter 23 - Shower
Chapter 24 - Softball Game
Chapter 25 - Back to the Past
Chapter 26 - Make Your Move
Chapter 27 - I'm Not Okay
Chapter 28 - You Before Me
Chapter 29 - I Kissed A Dude
Authors Note! PLEASE READ!!
Chapter 30 - Darkness
Chapter 31 - Truth or Drink
Chapter 32 - Hurt
Chapter 33 - Now Or Never

Chapter 5 - Different BadBoy

5.5K 158 25
By DestineeDaniels

After dinner the twins were really tired. "I'm gonna put the twins to bed. . .they look tired." I say and start to get up.

"Oh, okay sweetie, Kale will help you." She smiles.

"Oh no, no it's fine he doesn't have to." I reply with a smile of my own.

"No, it's fine he doesn't mind, right Kale?" She says giving him a look.

"Sure." He says quietly.

Then, he gets up and picks up Brandon.

"Uh, I don't know where their room is." I say, kind of embarrassed. How do I not know where their room is?

"Oh, it's okay Kale does." She says glancing at him.

He just starts walking and I take that as a cue to follow, so that is just what I did.

We walk until we were a couple doors down from my room. We walk in and he sets Brandon down softly, once he's about to tuck him in, I stop him.

"Uh, can you put his pj's on him?" I ask shyly.

"Sure." He says back with a hint of something in his voice but I can't quite make it out.

We get them changed, tuck them in and walk out. In the hallway I couldn't take it I mean I've known him for a day and I know he shouldn't be this quiet.

So I asked. "Hey, can we talk?" I ask.

"I uh gotta-" I cut him off from his excuse.

"Please." I say, gosh I sound desperate.

"Fine." He sighs. We walk to his room and he sits on the bed.

"What's up?" He asks.

"I should be asking you the same." I say sitting next to him.

He just looks at me confused. "What?"

"Well, you have been quiet ever since you came home," I start. "So, what's up?" I finish.

"Why do you care?" He says, quite harshly.

I wince. "I don't know why I care, honestly." I say looking down.

"It has nothing to do with you!" He yells.

Again, I wince.

"Oh, I'm sorry I just wanted to help." I say quietly. If your asking why I'm so quiet is because boys intimidate me ever since my dad, it took me a while to get used to my ex.

So Kale? Yes, he scared me he is huge. He's freaking bigger than my dad for crying out loud!

So, yeah I'm terrified of him.

I got up and started walking out the door. I turn around while I'm at the door.

"I'm really sorry." I whisper, starting to walk out.

"Wait, no I'm sorry I shouldn't of snapped at you like that." He sighs.

"It's just been a really long. . .day." He finishes looking down. I turn around all the way.

"We can talk about it if you want." I suggest. He looks up, he looks hesitant.

"It helps you feel better, to get it off your chest." I confirm.

"O-okay." He studders. I go and sit on his bed next to him again.

Our thighs touching, it sent a shiver down my spine. I never had that feeling before. It's probably nothing, I'll just ignore it.

KALE'S P. O. V

All day I've been so off.

I'm just not feeling it today.

So, I called the one person I know will be easy. Even though I hate it.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Come on, answer.

Rin-

"Brittany here!"

Why did I do this again?

"It's me."

"I know it's you silly, and I think I know why you called too." She says trying to act seductive.

"Yeah, you free?" I just need to get out.

"Yep, come over now."

"K, I'll be there in 15."

Then, I hang up.

I get out of bed and throw some pants on and a random shirt. I grab my converse. Then I run to my underwear drawer and look in there.

What the hell? Where are they?

I close the drawer and run to the bathroom to look in the cabinet.

Nope.

I go back to my room and look under my bed. I don't know why they'd be there but just in case.

Nope.

Oh. Night stand. I open the drawer.

Thank god, I knew I didn't use them all.

Fucking condoms.

I grab one and shove it in my back pocket. Then, I run downstairs.

"Who's Kale?" I hear an angelic voice.

Oh, why not make an appearance?

"Oh he's my so-" I cut off my mom.

"I'm Kale, the one and only," I smirk. "And who might you be?"

"Hey, I'm Bradley." She seems confident, but her looking as red as a tomato, doesn't tell me she is.

I look at her and she's clearly checking me out. So, I take it as an opportunity to examine her. She's cute. Button nose. Long hair. Slim. And she's not to small in the front, if you know that I mean.

When I'm done, I see she's still watching.

"So, you done staring?" I grin.

"Yeah, Wait. . .um I-I wasn't staring at you." She stutters.

"You kinda were." I smirk.

"I was thinking!" She exclaims, glaring at me

Feisty. I like that.

"About me?" I wink.

"Actually, yeah I was." She smirks.

What the. . .?

"All good things I suppose?" I cross my arms, leaning against the wall of the entrance.

She smirks, "Well, of course not." She says, looking me up and down. I swallow. It's kind of hot in here. I force myself not to pull my shirt out and use it to cool off. "I'm not good what good things I'd be thinking about."

What?

What the fuck?

Who is this chick? How can she not like me?

"What? What do you mean?" I stutter out.

What the hell? What do I have, some sort of speech impediment? Get it together Kale.

"How are you confused?" She asks me, like I'm some kind of idiot. "I know I didn't stutter."

"You're the only girl who has ever said that to me, every other girl finds me irresistible!" I tell her, honestly. I may sound like someone who always gets what I want. But I do! This is so weird.

"Well I guess I'm not like most girls. Am I, Mr. Badboy?" She smirks at me.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

"What makes you think I'm a bad boy?" I glare at her.

"I'm not stupid Kale, you're a typical bad boy, everything about you." She says.

Who does she think she is?

"You don't even know me!" I glare at her harder. Oh, if looks could kill. . .

"You're right, but I know people like you." She seems to shrink back, like her confidence was fading.

I smirk, "Whatever. I'll see you around, goody goody."

What am I five?

"Hey! You don't know anything about me." She glares at me now.

At least it pissed her off.

She's kinda cute though, damn.

Brain! What the hell dude?!

Don't act like you don't see it.

Fuck off.

Shit, I need to go.

"Oh? You aren't? Well, I guess I've mistaken you. I guess we will have to get to know each other then. I have to go, but this is not over. Baylee, was it?" I wink at her, walking past her to open the front door.

"Bradley. It's Bradley." She tells me.

I throw a grin her way, "See you later, Bradley."

I know her name, just wanted to keep her rattled.

"Bye, Kaleb." I freeze in my tracks. That's not my name. I narrow my eyes.

"It's Kale."

Damn, I like her attitude.

But I can't let her close. I can't let down my walls again.

No one knows about what happened. Except by best mates Lucas, Damon and Justin. And my mom. She knows everything about me. She's my own personal hero.

No, I can't think about this right now. Fuck. I need to get to Britanny's.

When I got home from well 'meeting' Brittany--I think you know what happened, I really do it when I'm feeling depressed or to get it off my mind.--I'm really quiet but I don't think anyone noticed.

Thank God!

Wait.

Where is that girl? Uh, what's her name?

Brook? No.

Bethany? No.

Oh yeah, it's Bradley.

Weird. First time I remember a girls name.

Except for. . .wait nevermind.

Anyways, Bradley. She was something.

She had this spark. I liked it. She was snarky, yet innocent.

Confident, yet fragile.

Beautiful, yet. . .

Wait. Hot. Yeah she was hot.

I wonder where she is.

Not that it concerns me. . .in anyway.

"DINNER!" My mom shouts.

Oh, thank you baby jesus. I'm not late. She hates when I'm not here for dinner.

I walk in the kitchen and still no sign of Bradley.

Hmm?

"Mom, where is Bradley?" I ask cooly not trying to show I care.

Not like I do!

Oh you do! My brain teases me.

No!

Yes

Shut up.

Okay, but I'll be back

"Oh, she's asleep in her room she was quite tired." She reply's with a small smile. "Brandon, Braden can you go wake her up?" She smiles at the twins.

Woah, if you look at them they both favor Bradley a lot. The same eyes, hair color, the little cute button nose-wait cute?

Ugh I need to stop!

"Yeah, we will." Brandon says smiling widely. Gosh these kids are always happy. Then they run upstairs.

"Hey son, come sit we are about to eat." My dad says, taking a seat.

I go and sit down in a seat one chair away from my father. A couple minutes later Bradley comes down the stairs with Brandon on her back and holding Braden bridal style and she looks guilty.

Then, I take a better look at the twins and it looks like they have been crying, their chubby cheeks are red and they have tear stains and their eyes are watery.

What happened?

"Hey kid-oh jeez! Are ya'll okay? What happened?" Guess mom was thinking the same thing as me.

Like mother, like son. I look at Bradley and she puts her head down. . .ashamed?

Did she do this?

"Oh, um I um just scared them." she says quietly.

"Come sit down, and if it's okay can I ask what happened?" My mom pushes on forward. She puts Brandon in the seat between me and my dad, the sits Braden down by my mom and lastly she sits next to me.

Gosh, is it hot in here?

I think I'm sweating.

"So, what happened?" My mom pushes forward again, I swear if she was in a chair she would've fell out of it by now-wait she is in a chair.

Whatever you know what I mean.

"Well. . ."She starts. She takes a deep breathe."So, Brandon and Braden came to wake me up I was playing a trick on them and didn't open my eyes and was acting like I was sleeping. . .uh they started to freak and thought I was. .uh. .um. . .dead." She finishes looking guilty and whispering 'dead'.

Oh poor kids! Eh not my fault!

Anyways, after that I pretty much zoned out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"-Kale will help you" My mom said snapping me outta my day dream.

Kale will do what now?

"Oh no, no he doesn't have to." Bradley says.

The hell are they talking about?

"No, it's fine he doesn't mind, right Kale?" My mom says giving me the say-yes-or-you'll-regret-it look.

Yeah, my mom is sweet when she wants to be just don't get on her bad side. That side is scary!

I then see Bradley pick up Braden and followed her actions picking up Brandon. We walked upstairs and since she didn't know the way the their rooms. I'm assuming. I had to show her.

When we walked in I was getting ready to tuck him in when she asked to put his pj's on so I did that and tucked him in.

I was going to my room when her voice stopped me.

"Uh can we talk?" She asks.

"I uh gotta-" She cut me off from making an excuse.

"Please?"Can't say no to that.

"Fine." I sigh.

We walk in my room and I sit on the bed. "What's up?"

"I should be asking you the same." She states, sitting next to me a good distance away.

I'm not the one who wanted to talk. "What?" I ask confusion laced in my voice.

"Well, you've been quiet ever since you came home." She says. "So what's up?" She adds.

Wait, so someone did notice? Why does she care?

"Why do you care?" I ask, but it comes out harsher than I wanted it to.

Shit.

I see her wince.

"I don't know, why I care honestly." she looks down.

Push her away. You can't let her in Kale!

"It has nothing to do with you." I say louder.

Again, she winces.

What's up with that?

"Oh, um sorry I just want to help." She says quietly then she starts to get up. She walks to the door and turns around half way. "I'm really sorry. " She says.

She looks so. . .fragile.

Great, now I feel bad.

And if your wondering, yes I do have a heart. I'm pretty sure.

It's ice cold. But it's there. I think.

Just because I'm a 'bad boy'--her words not mine--doesn't mean I don't have a heart, I can be nice if I wanted to. It's just more work.

"Wait, no I'm sorry I shouldn't of snapped at you like that." I sigh.

"It's just been a really long. . . day." I sigh, once again.

More like year, or two.

She turns around all the way.

"We can talk about it if you want." She suggests.

I can't tell her, I just met her and- "It helps you feel better, to get it off your chest." She adds. I guess she saw my hesitance.

I mean, maybe we can talk, I just won't tell her everything.

Push her away.

Can you screw off you flippin 3rd random voice? I'm the brain, got it? Jeez. Let her in Kale. . .you could use someone new in your life.

Yeah that's it, I won't tell her everything.

"O-okay." I stutter, still not one hundred percent sure.

She comes and sits next to me again. But this time much closer like. . .

Thigh to thigh. Wait, why is this different from other girls?

I touch girl's thighs all the time. But, this is different I feel weird, a good weird.

I have butterflies in my stomach.

I probably ate something bad.

Yeah, I ate something wrong.

That's it!

Right?

A/N I hope you like my long chapter! Please comment on what my next chapter should be bout. Thank you my lovelies. BYE!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 230 51
"I loved knowing she was scared of me. My insides were hurting from all the build up anger. It was all her fault. It was her fault my life was a mess...
100K 3.1K 46
"I've never seen a broken girl be so badass," Caleb said with a smirk. _*_*_*_ Bianca is broken, all of her hope destroyed, her happiness shattered a...
12.8K 528 60
*COMPLETED* Now available to purchase on Amazon "Why did you just do that?" I yell, running the back of my hand across my lips in disgust. "You wo...
53.5K 1.2K 10
*Discontinued, due to the extreme embarrassment it has become. * "I don't date jerks." I glared at him. He chuckled and pulled me into his arms "The...