The Senior [Completed]

Autorstwa GabrielleChnc

Sophia Williams is beginning her high school life. She goes to Oxford High School. A high school where Dylan... Więcej

Chapter 1 - Freshman
Chapter 2 - Flirts
Chapter 3 - Prank Day!
Chapter 4 - Chemistry
Chapter 5 - Basketball and Parties
Chapter 6 - Track Team and... Date?
Chapter 7 - What's Going On?
Chapter 8 - Kiss
Chapter 9 - High School Musical
Chapter 10 - Awkward
Chapter 11 - Winter Formal
Chapter 12 - Fist Fight
Chapter 13 - The Crush That's Not Really A Crush
Chapter 14 - Private Rehearsal
Chapter 15 - Dooms Day
Chapter 16 - The Senior
Chapter 17 - Awkward Encounters
Chapter 18 - City Views
Chapter 19 - Shawty
Chapter 20 - Awkward Breakfasts
Chapter 21 - Kissing Other Girls
Chapter 23 - After Party
Chapter 24 - The Final

Chapter 22 - The Musical

2.2K 73 12
Autorstwa GabrielleChnc

SOPHIA'S POV

The day filled with musical rehearsals was stressful, tiring and at times, fun. Grace was in full-on crazy mode, and was running around making last minute adjustments to lines, costumes and the set.

Michael seemed a little bemused by the whole thing, and kept shooting me weary glances every now and then. It was midday, and we were yet to go through the entire play.

Grace currently had Michael and I painting the fake bed that we would be using for some of the scenes. After about an hour of this, she finally decided that we should do the final run-through of the play.

The entire run-through went well, and everyone remembered his or her lines. Just as the kiss scene was approaching, Grace stopped the play.

"Wait! No kissing until tonight! It has to be believable" Exclaimed Grace from the sidelines.

Michael chuckled softly at this, before whispering in my ear, "I don't think we'll have any trouble making it look believable."

I immediately felt my cheeks blush, and Michael smirked down at me knowingly.

It was about half an hour to show time when I realised just exactly what stage fright was. I peered out at the audience from behind the stage curtains, only to be met by a full crowd. I could see my Dad, Dylan, Emma, Jessica, Amanda, and basically the entire school. To say I was nervous was an understatement. I was nervous for my Dad to see it, for Dylan and Jessica to see me kiss Michael, and for the reaction of the student body to Michael and I in a play together.

I felt a hand wrap around my back, and I got such a fright that I nearly jumped through the stage curtains and onto the stage. I heard Micahel chuckle from behind me, and I turned around to shoot him a playful glare.

"Are you okay?" he asked me worriedly, as he looked at my pacing feet and probably erratic expression.

"Uh yup, just nervous," I muttered, as I continued to pace back and forth. Now that I thought about it, I never had been good with being the centre of attention. In fifth grade, I had to perform a dance on assembly. I'd made it through the first eight counts, before tripping and breaking my wrist. The upside of that, however, was that the other kids had queued to sign my bright pink cast. Then, in seventh grade, I had somehow wound up agreeing to showcase my science experiment at the school open day. So in front of about one hundred parents and students assessing the school, I blew up a fake volcano in my face – causing my hair to catch on fire. Needless to say, I was called fire girl for about a month; and I think that the school lost a few prospective students.

So basically, large crowds and me were not a good mixture.

Michael stared at me with a raised eyebrow as I walked back and forth in front of him. He looked half amused, and half concerned. He probably thought that I had finally cracked it and gone crazy. Suddenly, he took a step forward and wrapped his arms around me – forcing me to stop walking.

"Okay you need to calm down Soph," he said quietly with a chuckle, still holding onto me tightly. I finally began to relax, and took a step back from his arms to smile at him gratefully. He flashed me his signature grin, and it was then I realised that he was already in his costume.

"Michael Edwards, are you wearing makeup?" I asked with a giggle.

Michael's cheeks flushed, making me giggle again.

"What? We are in a play after all," he whined.

I smirked at him, "Whatever pretty boy."

He frowned at me playfully, "I resent that comment."

I grinned up at him, before kissing him softly on the cheek – which caused him to smile back down at me.

"You need to get in your costume Soph," he reminded me.

Shit, he was right. The play started in twenty minutes and I still wasn't dressed. I shot him one last smile before hurrying off to the dressing rooms. The next twenty minutes were a blur of makeup, clothes and last minute line learning.

At 7:00pm on the dot, Grace gathered the cast and crew in a circle. In total, there were eighteen of us. It was quite possible the smallest cast and crew of a musical ever, but hey, at least Grace had actually pulled it off. Michael grabbed my hand, rubbing reassuring circles on my thumb with his own.

"Okay everyone, you know what to do. We've worked long and hard for this. Michael and Sophia, I want you to go out there and make the audience believe that you two are in love." Said Grace as she stared around the circle. I swallowed nervously, hoping that the play would run smoothly. Grace then led the cast in the usual pre-show cheers, before she forced everyone into positions behind the closed curtains. Michael shot me one last reassuring glance, before I heard the entire audience become quiet.

My heart was beating furiously in my chest. I literally thought that it was about to jump out. The next thing I knew, the curtains began to open slowly – revealing a full, attentive audience. There was a quiet, collective gasp when the crowd realised just who exactly was starring in the play. I almost forgot my first line as I watched Jessica's mouth drop open when she saw her ex boyfriend standing on the stage in a costume and makeup. Even Fred was in the audience, and he looked almost resentful as he watched the first scene unfold.

Throughout the first half of the play, everything ran smoothly. Every now and then I would glance at Dylan anxiously, to see how he was responding to the multiple moments when Michael and I would have to touch each other. Thankfully, his face showed no sign of emotion. I was dreading what he would think of the kiss though.... Dreading what everyone would think of this kiss. At the end of the first half, the curtains closed and the audience burst into applause.

"They are loving it! The principle has already told me that you two are perfect for the roles. Good thing you got detention that day!" Exclaimed Grace excitedly as she rushed around backstage frantically.

"You know, I'm glad we got detention that day too," whispered Michael in my ear, causing goose bumps to form. He smirked when he realised the effect he had on me, and leaned down to kiss me on the side of the cheek – very close to the mouth.

"Save it for the play!" Called Grace as she randomly appeared out of nowhere, carrying an array of props. Michael snicked, and I burned an even brighter red.

"For the record, I'm glad too," I said, finally replying to Michael. He flashed me his signature grin, before puling me into a quick hug.

If I had been nervous for the first half of the play, then there were no words to describe how I was feeling about the second half. The kiss was towards the very end of the play, and I was incredibly anxious to see how everyone would respond. It was enough of a shock for the general school population to see Michael and I in the play together.... But to see us kissing? That was an entirely different story.

Before I knew it, intermission was over and it was time for the second half. Once again, Grace pulled us all into a circle.

"Sophia and Michael, I want that kiss to be perfect and believable. Put some passion in it and add some tongue!" She exclaimed, causing the rest of the cast to burst into laughter. My eyes widened and I blushed furiously, whilst Michael looked amused. It just didn't sound right for someone of Grace's age to be talking about kissing with tongue.

Leaving us with her charming words, Grace once again positioned us behind the closed curtains. The audience fell quiet, signalling the start of the second act. I think the audience knew that a kiss was coming. I mean, it was pretty obvious because our characters had been leading up to it. Throughout the second half, I saw Dylan begin to look more and more anxious, Jessica to look more and more mad, and Fred to look increasingly resentful. Emma on the other hand, was shooting me the thumbs up every chance that she got.

When it got time for the kiss, the entire hall went silent. You could literally hear a pin drop. It was like I was watching from the outside as I listened to Michael's character profess his love for mine. I returned the gesture, leaving the two of us to stare at each other. There was a collective gasp from the audience, as Michael began to lean down. My heart was beating fast, and my hands were clammy. Michael however, didn't even look nervous. To be honest, he looked like he belonged on a stage. As Michael came closer, and closer to me, the audience got more and more excited.

His lips were inches away, when I noticed Fred get up and leave angrily. I forced myself not to roll my eyes on stage. Stealing one last glance to the crowd, I noticed Dylan sitting on the edge of his seat, trying to decide where to look. As I was looking out at the crowd, Michael used his hand to expertly guide my face back to his. Moments later, his lips met mine – causing a few cheers from the crowd. I felt him smile into the kiss as he ran his tongue along my bottom lip. I opened my mouth, granting him access. The increased intensity of the kiss caused even more cheers. It lasted a total of a about a minute more, when Michael and I finally pulled apart. I smiled at him softly, as the entire audience broke into applause. Even Dylan was clapping wearily, however, he did look entirely weirded out.

We finished off the last few lines of the play, bringing it to its worthy end. We were given a standing ovation by the audience - which was both surprising and exciting. After that, we all took our bows, before going back stage. It was time for the after party, which was going to be held at one of the crew's houses. In true high school fashion, I was sure that it would involve plenty of alcohol, a late night, and a lot of drama.

Back stage, I was greeted by my Dad, Dylan and Emma. Emma rushed forward when she saw me, pulling me into a hug.

"That kiss, was SO HOT!" She exclaimed excitedly. I blushed furiously, as she giggled gleefully.

"Yes, that was...quite the kiss," said Dylan, as he took a step towards us.

I looked apologetically towards him, but he only smiled wearily, "Good job guys."

Michael and I shot him a grateful smile.

"Michael, I had no idea you could sing like that!" Exclaimed my father.

"Thanks sir," replied Michael graciously, as I smiled at the two of them.

"And Soph, Mom would have been so proud," said Dad to me. I smiled sadly at him, thanking him softly. Truth be told, I wished more than anything that my Mom had been here to see me perform in the play. It was nights like these that I missed her more than anything. I knew that tears were threatening to fall, so I excused myself quickly.

I heard Emma tell everyone that she would go after me, but she was interrupted by Michael who informed the others that he would go check on me.

I was leaning on a wall outside the back stage area when Michael found me. It only took one look at him for the tears to finally fall. He smiled at me softly, as he brushed one of them away with his thumb.

"She would be so proud Soph," he said softly. I bit down on my lip, nodding – and willing myself to stop crying.

Michael grabbed my hand, bringing me into his chest. He placed his chin on top of my head and rubbed comforting circles on my back.

"Sorry," I mumbled in his chest.

"Don't be silly Soph. You can talk to me about anything. I mean it," he replied quietly, in his husky voice.

He leant down and kissed me on the forehead, before bringing me back at arms length and kissing away one of my tears.

I wiped the last of my tears away, and smiled a watery smile up at Michael.

"Sorry," I said again.

He only rolled his eyes, "Far out Soph, stop apologising!"

I giggled up at him, before he grabbed my hand – leading me back to the others.

It was time for the after party!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

58.2K 1.4K 41
Sophia is 17 and in her first year of sixth form. She's a singer- all she does is sing. When some special people come to talk to her school about bu...
172K 2.2K 40
Sofia Bordelon is like a normal teenage girl. Beside the fact she is Bart Bordelon's daughter! Barely anyone knows that Bart has a daughter so when h...
409K 9.1K 79
Elle has just turned 15 years old. Mason is her boyfriend, they've been in a relationship for 6 months or so. Elle realise she can't say 'no' to him...
367 6 20
Emily is in her last year of high school. Everything is going good in life, until her parents get a divorce. She finds out her dads deep secret and I...