The Daughter of Artemis ψ Per...

By microwavedcoffee

❝the best of men cannot suspend their fate: the good die early, and the bad die late.❞ Olivia Smith is a su... More

Warning
The Daughter of Artemis
Prologue
Ch. 1: Cherrie's House
Ch. 2: Stern Women and Orion
Ch. 3: What The Hell Is Going On?!
Ch. 4: Running To Camp Half-Blood
Ch. 5: Luke, Annabeth, and the Spaghetti Poison
Daddy Issues
Pink Bunny and a Prophecy
Training
Off To Olympus
Mese
Family Ties
What Part Of Keep A Low Profile Was So Hard To Understand?
Let's Not Try To Kill Each Other Any More
Good, Better, Best
Bad, Worse, and Worst
A Challenge, Joint Custody, and Waterworks
The Lake, The Cabin, and Capture the Flag: Part One
Picking Teams
On the Road Again
Old and New Scars
Making Plans, Penny, and Grand Theft Auto
Stolen Parts and Heart to Hearts
Sanctuary
Tennessee, Directions, and Death Of A Friend
I Go It Alone
Texas and Getting Scolded By Mother
Fighting Fate
Training & Holding
Letters From Loved Ones
Is It Wrong To Hit Old Men?
Lotus Eaters And Summer Solstice Blues
Welcome to Hell
Do You...Kinda Wanna...Be Mine?
I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know
Epilogue - A New Dawn
Song List

The Lake, The Cabin, and Capture the Flag: Part Two

23K 734 284
By microwavedcoffee

dedicated to KittenLMC

Part Two:

The sound of a loud banging, caused Annabeth and I to be quiet and look towards Chiron who was pounding his hove on the marble stadium.

"Heroes!" His voice boomed out, silencing everyone. "You know the rules. The creek is the boundary line. The entire forest is fair game." He looked around making sure everyone understood before continuing. "All magic items are allowed and the banner must be displayed in a way that is obvious to the naked eye. It can have no more than two guards."

Chiron gazed drifted over to the Ares team. "No killing, no maiming, and no gauging out parts is allowed." He glared at all of them before turning back to the rest of us. "Prisoners may be disarmed, but may not be bound or gagged."

Then he spread his arms wide and the empty table before him was suddenly filled with weapons of all sorts. "I will serve as referee and battlefield medic. Arm yourselves!"

Quickly, I left Annabeth and them to fight my way to the front of the weapon line. Shoving, I got to the table and hastily grabbed seven hunting knives and put five of them into my holster around my waste, one in the holster around my thigh and the eighth I put into the top of my breast plate -so incase someone totally disarmed me, I still could take them out. Then I took the necklace that concealed my weapons and strung it around my neck, hiding it inside my armor.

Annabeth suited up as well, simply grabbing a sword and a leather breastplate. She picked up her blue-haired helmet and crammed it on to her head and I did the same. Annabeth lifted her sword in the air and let out a loud battle cry, causing other blue-haired helmets to do the same. 

We all cheered and shook our swords, valiantly, before marching south to the woods. The red soldiers yelled taunts at us, but we could care less. We all knew who was going to win this battle.

Annabeth and I led the soldiers down to the creek, this is where we were going to place our flag. "Olive."

"Yeah?" I scratched the back of my neck. I think a mosquito bit me.

She turned her wise, crystal grey eyes into mine. "You are going to be a guard with me. I will be four feet from the flag, you will be from fifty or so away."

I cracked a grin at her and shrugged. "You sure? I thought you wouldn't want me to get in the way."

 Annabeth let out a fairly loud chuckle and shook her head. "Indeed, I may have a month ago, but only because of my pride. I am not a fool, any one can see that you are fairly good at hand-to-hand when in a tight spot-even if I hate admitting it."

"What? I'm sorry, I must not have caught that?" I put a hand to my ear and pretended to listen harder.

Annabeth just shoved my arm with a slight smile. "Shut up." We broke ground on the creek and she shoved the pole of the flag in to the ground. "You had best be off."

I saluted her and made my way through the forest quickly. My senses seemed to be highlighted, and it dawned on me that it was most likely because my mother was the goddess of the hunt. I counted each foot I ran past and decided that seventy-five feet away from the flag was a good enough heads up for Anna.

Looking around, I found a nice, sturdy tree to climb and keep a look out on things quietly and out of sight.

~~~

A while passed before I even heard anyone within a hundred feet. But when someone finally did dare to come in to our territory, I heard the before I could even see them.

There was two of them. 

One of them was heavy one their feet, clumsy even. Constantly, I could hear them tripping over their feet. Uncoordinated.

The second one however, was the almost complete opposite. They obviously had battle training so their tracks were hard to pick up-even with my heightened senses. They were careful and meticulous. And they gave away the identity of the two people. 

The second one clearly had to be Luke, and who was eextremelyxtremly clumsy on land and was constantly around Luke when not with me? Percy. This was going to be interesting.

I let out a low, three note whistle. It was the warning sound between Annabeth and I. After I released it, I lay flat on top of the thick branch that was supporting me and opened my necklace, revealing my bow and arrows. 

Silently, I strung an arrow and waited for Luke or Percy to come in to my line of sight. They were walking side by side, and I could tell that the kids of Hephaestus had really done some work on them. Quickly, I aimed my arrow at Luke's left foot and let it fly. 

A thick thunk sound echoed through my ears and I grinned, cheekily, as Luke let out a loud curse and hopped around on his right foot-my golden arrow gleaming as he did. Suddenly, the arrow disappeared and reappeared in my sheath, magic. 

"Woah, what happened Luke?" Percy tried to steady Luke, nervously.

Luke cursed and looked up at the trees, looking for someone, for me. "I just got hit with an arrow."

"What direction?" Percy frowned and looked left and right.

"You're not going to find me on the ground, Percy." I whispered, stringing another arrow and aiming at Luke's right calf muscle and let it fly, sinking deeply into his thick armor, but by the way he began to let out a howl, I knew that I had got him.

This time however, Luke had seen where the arrow flew from. Taking a lung full of air he forced a smile on to his sweaty face. "Hidden in the Oak trees, ey?"

Percy was about to grab the arrow from Luke's calf when it disappeared and returned to my sheath.

"They have a magic item." Percy looked at my tree, and began to get closer. 

Luke scowled and chuckled at the same time. "It's Olive." He ripped his calf armor off to show his bleeding wound, it was not that deep. "Sorry, Oli-guess you didn't get me as deep as you wanted." Luke hopped up, limping a little, and made his way over to my tree.  "But, I have to admit-you have improved with your archery skills."

I let out a low chuckle, not caring if they heard me since they knew where I was now. 

"Come on, Olive. How about, you come down and we all just have a nice, civil, talk?" Luke grinned as he got to the base of the tree, now clearly seeing me, and peered up at me with a 'kind' smile.

"How about..." I grinned and aimed my loaded bow at his torso. "I send one of my arrows through the right side of your chest?"

Luke jumped on the tree trunk and tried to climb up, but his wounded foot and calf wouldn't allow it. "It's against the rules to kill someone, Oli."

"Actually," Percy's head popped up next to him, causing me to grin at the goofy kid. "The heart leans towards your left, she she would just be puncturing your lung."

Luke turned and smacked Percy upside the head with a chuckle. "Who's side are you on?" Then Luke's face got wiped clean as an idea dawned on him. "Percy, crawl up that tree and get her down."

Shrugging, Percy walked over and latched on to the tree, hauling himself up. Sighing, I rolled on to my back. "This is going to take all day. You should keep your skills water based-you are in my territory now."

I waited for five minutes and looked down to come almost face to face with the beaming black haired boy. "Gotcha!" He latched on to my wrist and climbed up on the branch as well.

I sighed and shook my head at the poor, confused boy. "Oh, you really shouldn't have done that."

"Why is that?" He grinned.

I let out a high-pitched whistle and tore my arm out of Percy's grasp. "See ya at the bottom!" I called to him as I took off towards the end of the tree branch and jumped off, knowing I was going to land safely on my feet with little effort. One of the perks of being the daughter of Artemis.

The air rushed past my face and my stomach dropped a little as I watched the forest floor come up to meet me. However, it was exactly like I had expected, I landed on the balls of my feet and rolled up to a standing straight position. Then I did a dramatic bow, just for shits and giggles.

I looked up at Percy, who was giving me a very shocked expression. "B-But, you-that was twenty feet!"

"That's why I bowed." I grinned. 

Luke gave me a round of applause then grabbed my wrist. "Look, we can do this the easy way-or the hard way."

I smirked. "Oh yes, the hard way-it is always best." I watched as Percy clung to the tree, trying to carefully make his way to the bottom. I closed my necklace, I didn't like to use it at close rang.

Luke rolled his eyes. "We have you surrounded, just tell us where the flag is, Olive."

I rolled my head back and barked out a loud chuckle, then I stomped on Luke's injured foot, causing his grasp to weaken and give me the perfect window of opportunity. Quickly, I jumped on top of Luke and wrestled him to the ground, drawing one of my hunting knives and pressing it against his jugular.

The sound of multiple pairs of feet filled my ears and I grinned down at Luke's shocked expression as he took in my private army of the sons of Hephaestus that now surround the two of us. "Actually, Luke, we have you surrounded." I crawled off of him and shouted at Maverik. "Take him as a prisoner, Mav."

Luke looked up at the tree that Percy was crouching in and shook his head no, telling him not to come down. I shrugged it off. 

Maverik and the others took Luke and hauled his off to where our make shift Prison was. I walked with them for a little while, but not letting Percy out of my sight, once I knew they had Luke secured, I turned my sight back to the tree, but Percy was gone.

I whispered to myself. "Where are y-" When something blunt knocked me against the back of my head causing my vision to fade in and out before I blacked out completely.

~~~~~

I'm going to kill him.

That was the first thought I had as I awoke from the black out that Percy had put me under. I must have only been out for a minute or two, but that was enough for Percy.

Cursing, I looked down at my holster and saw that he had taken all of my hunting knives. He had even taken to one from the holster around my thigh. Not for his advantage of course, he sucked at using them. But so I wouldn't have them to kill him with. Which he knew I was going to do. 

Angrily, I took off towards the flag and drew the hunting knife that I had been clever enough to hide in my breastplate. I picked up speed and the forest flew past as I ran, I didn't realize how much distance I was covering until I hit the rocky shore of the creek. 

Glaring, I saw Percy in the middle of the lake drinking handfuls of water. "Jackson!" I yell at him.

Shocked, Percy twists around and sees me, running deeper in to the creek. "Look, about the whole knocking you out thing, I'm sorry. I'm just a totally different person when I'm in battle-I guess." 

He said, smacking me in the face with a fistful of irony. "Huh? Really?" I trudged over to him and began to wade through the water to reach him, wanting to stab him in the stomach. 

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Percy chuckled as I got closer and closer to him.

I grabbed on to his wet tee-shirt that stuck through his breastplate around his neck. "Oh? And why is that?"

"You're in my territory now, you had better stick to tree climbing." He grinned, thinking he was so funny.

I rolled my eyes. "Well, aren't you full of sarcasm and irony today." I pulled out my last hunting knife and stuck it under his chin. "What is going to stop me from stabbing you in the chest? Sure the water heals you-but that doesn't mean that it won't hurt really really bad."

Percy just grinned. "Well, I think that I can do more than just heal myself. Want to see?" 

A sound of feet dropping to the ground caught both of our attentions.

"Enough of this, Jackson. Let's see what you are made of." Annabeth sneered at him and drew her sword. "Do you mind Olive?"

I shrugged and got out of the creek with Percy. "Not at all, kill him if you must."

I backed up and climbed up a short near by tree so I could have a front row seat-this would be interesting to watch.

Annabeth wasted no time and charged at Percy, throwing him off guard and causing him to tumble to the ground with a sliced arm. Jackson rolled on the ground and bounced back up, but Annabeth anticipated this and kicked him in the face, causing his helmet to fly off and to send him back to the floor.

I hissed and rubbed my neck, he was definitely going to feel that tomorrow. After a few good minutes of Percy lunging and Annabeth totally dominating, Percy finally collapsed to the ground, defeated. A hurtful pang shout threw my chest as I watched him, broken and bleeding, crawling on the ground trying to get to his feet.

"Do you surrender?" Annabeth's cold and calculating voice asked him, but he didn't respond, instead he just feel to the rocky shore. Triumphantly, Annabeth shook her head at him and turned back to me with a grin. In the corner of my eye, I could see Percy slowly inching towards the water and sticking his hand into the creek.

"Don't get to cocky, Anna." I grinned and looked pointedly at Percy. "Round two is just beginning."

Percy slowly rose to his feet, confidently and held his sword out at Annabeth, challenging her.

Annabeth spun at Percy, trying to slice his torso, but he quickly parried and hit her in the head with the blunt part of his sword causing her helmet to fly off, then quickly hamstrung her as she lunged for his left shoulder. Annabeth let out a surprised cry and stumbled backwards a little, but still not giving in. Annabeth regained herself and hacked at Percy's outer thigh, cutting threw his armor and grazing him.

After this, Annabeth smacked him in the forehead with the back side of her sword, right between the eyes. I looked around to see that we had drawn a fairly large crowd of spectators. Percy was lasting pretty long against the daughter of Athena-and only a few people were able to do this.

Annabeth jabbed at Percy and hit him in the torso, the armor blocking it. Again she jabbed, but this time Percy was expecting it and he caught her sword in between his shield and sword, turning her in a circle and snapping the sword into two solid pieces.

My mouth popped open. "Dang." I whispered and watched as Percy got Annabeth on to her knees and held his sword to her jugular. 

"Do you surrender?"

I sniggered and huffed as Annabeth admitted defeat with an appalled look on her face. "I lost..." She mumbled, not believing it.

Suddenly, Hallie a daughter of Hephaestus burst through the trees with a valiant expression on her face and a gleaming red flag grasped tightly in her hands. "We've got it! The Blue Soldiers win!"

I turned and jumped out of the tree with an excited battle cry. "Athena won! All hail Hallie! Victorious Daughter of Hephaestus!" I hugged her and she squeezed me back with a surprised chuckle.

"Thanks!"

Percy looked mournfully at the shiny blue flag and Annabeth was beaming. "See Jackson? You may have won the battle, but you have lost the war."

I walked up to both of them and lay a nurturing hand on Percy's tired and sweaty shoulder. "Awe, tough luck trainee. Maybe you'll get it next time?" I grinned. "But, you'll have to be on our team!"

I shoved the beat up Percy in to the creek. "You should clean yourself up."

Annabeth watched in amazement as Percy's wounds began to heal themselves. "Wait, Percy-get out of the water for a second."

Percy stepped out of the creek and immediately began to lose his balance, and I quickly reached out to steady him.

My insides churned as a loud howl ripped through the air, coming from the forest. Instantly, the camper's cheers about the end of the game were silenced and Annabeth drew her sword. 

I jumped in front of Percy and drew my bow and arrow, peering up as the huge black canine made it's way towards Percy. "Percy! Run!" I shoved his towards the exit of the forest, but he was frozen like a rock.

Suddenly the hound was barreling towards us, headed straight for the boy I was protecting. My heart thumped loudly in my chest as it jumped over me and sunk it's teeth into Percy. Suddenly I was yelling something in Ancient Greek at the hound. "μην κινηθείτε!"

The words processed seconds later as "Stop moving!" And surprisingly, the hound did as it was told and released Percy. As if I had declared WW3, all eyes were now on me as I made my way over to the growling hound. It was huge-like a rhino and had ember eyes. Again, I spoke to it in the foreign tongue that I did not know.

"επέστρεψε από όπου προηλθες." Return to where you came from. Slowly, the hound let out a menacing growl and pointed at Percy, but I shook my head 'no' at it and it gave a final huff before bursting into flames and disappearing.

"Di immotales!" Annabeth squeaked. "That's a hell hound from the Field of Punishment. They-they don't they aren't....supposed to..." Her gaze drifted from my protective stance over Percy and Percy's crumpled and bleeding body. "Di immortales." 

I looked up and saw Chiron approaching us solemnly. "Someone summoned it. Someone inside the camp."

I knelt down by my trainee, it was my job to protect him, but he was bleeding out really bad and I had failed at it. "Percy," I whispered and ripped off his chest armor, revealing his shredded shirt and bloody torso. "You're hurt badly."

Percy chuckled, trying to ease some of the tension in the air. "I'm fine."

"No you are not." Annabeth shook her head at the man. "Get in to the water. Chiron watch this." Annabeth shoved Percy in to the water with my help and everyone gathered to watch.

Instantly, his wounds began to heal and close up. A bright blue light flashed above his head, showing the symbol of Poseidon and I grinned, he was being chosen. Above his head was a three-tipped spear: a trident.

Percy was looking around, trying to figure out what we were all staring at. "Percy.." I pointed up and he finally got the hint. He peered up and looked as shocked as everyone else was, it was kind of adorable.

"Your father, Percy!" I grinned. "You're now determined."

"This is really not good." Annabeth murmured under her breath.

Suddenly, everyone was on their knees, so I took it as a hint that I should be as well and I got down.

Chiron put a hand on Percy's shoulder and called out. "Poseidon. Earthshaker, Stormbringer, Father of Horses. Hail, Perseus Jackson, Son of the Sea God."

I jumped up and cheered. "Wooo! Perc!"

Chiron turned to me with a frown and looked up, as did every one else. "It seems the gods are claiming everyone today."

Annabeth's mouth popped open and rose a brow. "What does that even mean?"

Look up my child. Look up and see that the gods are shining down on you. Hard times are ahead-be prepared. Artemis's voice called to me and I looked up to see the sign above my head, indeed it was curious.

Embroidered in the sky was they symbol of a sun and a moon together, however; there was a vicious looking spear that stabbed through both of them down middle.

Chiron looked at me, expectantly. "I have a feeling that you may know."

I cleared my voice, suddenly feeling as if all the pressure was on me. "I am the daughter of Apollo and Scarlett, the Daughter of Ares, and formed into the lineage of Artemis. I am her real daughter, as well as Apollo's . . . and Ares' granddaughter."

Everyone's gaze zeroed in on me with clearly confused, or even surprised expressions and suddenly the forest was alive with whispers.

 "What is she?"

 "She clearly isn't a demi-god?"

 "Does that mean she is like . . . 7/8ths god or something?"

Chiron stomped an authoritative hove on the ground, silencing everyone. "Hail Olivia Smith! Granddaughter of Ares, and Daughter of both Apollo and Artemis. The twins."

Reluctantly, everyone got back onto one knee and bowed down to me.

Now the real adventure was going to begin.

~~~~~~~~~@@@~~~~~~~

Hey All ! 

SO HERE IS IS! I hope you enjoy it and love it and cherish it.

Any questions? Comment.

Love it a lot? Comment and Vote!

In Love With this Story? Fan! So then you can know EXACTLY when I update-u can be my own personal stalker ;)

Video: Gives You Hell - All-American Rejects I seriously LOVE this video, it's in my top three!

Welp! That's it for now!

xoxo Jess 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 9K 33
[Book 2 of DoA series] : Olivia Smith is trapped in a life she didn't want, in a world she hates. Being a goddess of light isn't all it's cracked up...
60.1K 1.1K 21
『𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐔』 Fates pave the way of life and Destiny hums its own melody as it runs its course. But this tandem is bound to conflict, is it n...
26.3K 699 100
One war has ended and another had just begun... Follow Ariana as she embarks on a new journey which uncovers the truth that has been concealed.. "Eig...
38.2K 1.4K 33
☠︎ (𝚗). 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎. ☠︎ Where a Son of Poseidon, with a heart p...