Lost in the Music [1] - (NEW...

By DebiMaia

[Completed but editing] Once reached #240 'That moment when you have only a split second to decide something... More

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE
Preface
Chapter 1-The first day back
Chapter 2 -Night watch
Chapter 3-Abigail
Chapter 4-The rival gang
Chapter 5-Invasion
Chapter 6-football
Chapter 7-Ambush
Chapter 8-Hospital
Chapter 9-Nightmare
Chapter 10-Skateboarding
Chapter 11-Framed
Chapter 12-A plan
Chapter 13-A new low
Chapter 14-Big trouble
Chapter 15-The Speech
Chapter 16-A new life
Chapter 17- trust
Chapter 18-A close call
Chapter 19- Warning
Chapter 20-Confessions
Chapter 21-Complications
Chapter 22-fight!
Chapter 23-Night Sky
Chapter 24-Terrible surprise
Chapter 25-Ellie...
Chapter 26-Brotherly love
Chaper 28-Stabbed in the back
Chapter 29-Recognition
Chapter 30-Escape at last
Chapter 31-Discovery (Colin's perspective)
Chapter 32-Homeless
Chapter 33-Memories
Chapter 34-Crossover (Colin's perspective/two parts)
Chapter 35- The address
Chapter 36-The moment
Epilogue - The goodbye
Authors note and sequel?

Chapter 27- Happy Birthday!

3.2K 143 11
By DebiMaia

I bit my lip nervously as I stood under the oak tree waiting for Colin.

What if he went because I'm late? What if he wasn't coming? What if he does come and notices that I covered up the bruise under my eye with concealer? What if Liam doesn't ever forgive me? What about Ellie? What about-

"Look up!" A voice called from above me. I looked up just in time to see Colin jumping down from the top branch.

"I would say that you scared me-but you didn't" I laughed at him.

"Admit it; you were scared!" He smiled, his brown eyes glinting.

"What are you up to?" I asked, raising my eyebrows and giving him my 'tell-me-or-else' glare.

"Nothing!" He lied.

"Right...Oh and I really wasn't scared." I joked. Then I started running down the path as fast as I could. I hadn't gone far before I felt his strong arms wrap around my stomach stopping my escape.

"But you are now!" He answered mischievously. Then he grabbed me by the shoulders and spun me around so that my back was resting against him.

"What are you doing?" I exclaimed, as he tied a blindfold around my eyes and held my hand; pulling me along while I stumbled behind.

Colin didn't answer so I threatened, "If you're kidnapping me then I will personally kill you later on!"

He sighed, "Of course I'm not kidnapping you! This is your birthday surprise."

"Oh ok, but go a bit slower...please?" I begged. I tried to do my best puppy dog expression but it kind of failed on account of the fact that I still had the blindfold on, "I swear I am going to fall in the lake or something!"

I could almost hear him rolling his eyes, "Stop doing that expression it creeps me out!"

"Hey," I complained and stopped walking, "If I didn't have a blindfold on then you would give in"

"Sure I would." He answered sarcastically.

Suddenly I was swept up and he was carrying me bridal style.

"Much better." I smiled, "But I warn you I'm quite heavy."

"Please, you're as light as a feather!" He whispered in my ear.

I leaned against his warm chest for the rest of the journey, enjoying the spring sun's heat.

Suddenly I felt him drop his arms and I gave a small gasp while landing with a bump on the hard ground.

"Ow!" I said, standing up carefully and rubbing my legs.

"Sorry, I thought you would stand up!" He said. His laugh made my heart flip slightly and I mentally scolded myself for being so stupid.

"It's not funny!" I said, pulling off the blind fold and getting ready for payback.

"Yes it is!" He disagreed.

"Colin if you keep laughing I'm going to-" And then I stopped. I had just seen my birthday surprise.

There was a picnic blanket set out on the grass and a food basket in one corner. It was assembled beside a large lake which glistened like tiny diamonds which had caught the light.

"Wow!" I said before I could stop myself, "Colin-"

"Happy Birthday." He whispered in my ear, then he took my hand a lead me to the picnic basket.

*

"I bet that you can't get this in your mouth if I throw it." He challenged.

"Oh ok, challenge accepted! I love this game." I replied and positioned myself so that I had the best chance of catching the chocolate covered strawberry.

"Well...if I throw very very accurately." He said.

I replied by pushing him playfully on the shoulder and then saying, "Come on then Mr.unfaithful!"

He threw the strawberry in the air and I caught it fully in my mouth. I gave him my 'I-told-you-so' smile and threw one back at him. I throw it way out of proportion and he caught it in his hands claiming: "That still counts!"

"No way!" I cried, "The rules clearly state that-" I was silenced by his finger on my lips.

"Close your eyes." He ordered, "Trust me."

"Ok." I mumbled before doing as he asked.

I felt his hands brushing my-now shoulder length-hair out of the way and then the familiar touch of cold metal.

I opened my eyes to see a small, silver necklace around my neck which had a tiger cub engraved on it. The sliver tiger had a small K letter on it's collar and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said quietly, "All this is the best birthday present ever!"

Colin didn't reply for a moment and then he whispered, "I love you."

My heart started beating faster at those three words. Stop it I shouted in my head, trying to calm myself down, he's just a boy.

A boy who kidnaps me, prepares a picnic, gives me a necklace and then tells me he loves me.

I turned and looked into his slightly anxious brown eyes, "I love you too."

A smile appeared on his face and he reached up and brushed his finger along my, probably, blushing face.

"One question though." I said before he could reply, "Why is it that you always have something to bribe me with when I'm annoyed at you?"

He paused for a moment before answering, "I always have something spare because I like making you annoyed."

"Why?" I said, ironically annoyed.

"Because you're really cute when you're annoyed." Colin explained. Even though he had just called me cute-me!-Idecided to show him something.

"Is that so?" I said mischievously, my eyebrows raised yet again.

Before he could do anything I pushed him as hard as I could and he fell backwards into the lake! He came up gasping after a moment, completely distorted and soaked.

When I saw his face I laughed harder than I had in a very long time!

"I'll get you back for this!" He said, but I could see that he was laughing in defeat.

"Help me out then!" He said reaching out his hand so that I could pull him out of the water.

I guess that I probably should have seen it coming, but when I reached out my hand he grabbed it and pulled me head first into the freezing water.

"Hey!" I cried when I submerged, giving him my-'I'm-annoyed-at-you-because-you-just-pulled-me-into-a-lake-glare.' Which surprisingly enough is the same as my 'tell-me-or-else' glare. The faded blue jean shorts and the white lace top I was wearing were soaked, luckily I managed to keep my head and hair dry.

Now he was the one laughing his head off, "Oh come on, you totally deserved it!"

"Maybe a little." I agreed, "But I didn't laugh as much as you are!"

"You did, besides, do you know how funny you look when you're soaked? Like a puppy who has just fallen in a puddle!" He said, still laughing hysterically.

I splashed him with water as revenge and that's all it took for a water fight to break out!

After about 10 minutes of furious splashing we were both laughing. I looked up at him for a second. We were so close, heads almost touching. He leaded forward, his hand on the small of my back as he kissed me for the second time.

I wanted to capture that moment and keep it for ever. I never wanted the memory to fade.

A moment later we had pulled away and I ducked under the water and came up smiling. I was about to splash him one last time when I stopped.

Worry was written all over his face and then angrer started to replace it.

"What happened to your eye?" He exclaimed in disgust.

Oh no. Make-up + water = problem.

"N-nothing." I stuttered before quickly making my way out of the lake.

I started to pack the picnic things away but he caught me and spun me around.

"Kat, what happened?" He said, eyes flaming.

I didn't answer and so he asked, "Was it the rival gang?"

I shook my head.

"Was it James?"

When I didn't reply he turned and started to walk away; I saw his fist clench.

"Wait!" I grabbed his arm and forced him to look at me. "If you go after him then it will just cause more trouble! I don't want you to get hurt because of me!"

"But if I don't then he will hurt you!" He jerked his arm out of my grip and started running back on the path towards home.

"Colin wait!" I stumbled after him, tripping over, "Please don't go!"

He ignored my shouts and carried on running back towards-what was now-a certain fight...

___________________________

Hi!

This was just a quick note to say well...number 1: thanks for reading! But also to welcome http://www.wattpad.com/user/JohnMaclowski and @emily13ireland to wattpad!

As some of you may have read in the message I sent, I am going to start uploading on Thursdays so that hopefully I can update for frequently for you guys. I know I may not always stick to this, so sorry in advance, but I will try and upload weekly.

Dedication: Genny18

For her awesome book "Once upon a Rumbelle" and for adding her story to my new "Wattpad- story finder" book!

If anyone comments on this chapter then I will dedecate the next chapter to them as a thank you :-)

Btw the next chapter is the one which I have waited this whole book to write! That may seem strange if you read it but something happens....no I'm not going to say! I'm so excited though! I seriously can't believe that this story has carried on going for as long as it has!

So thank you for reading, commenting, voting and I will see you guys with chapter 30!

Thanks,

Charlotte :-D

P.S. sorry for how random my authors notes are!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 9K 71
[Second Book in the Snacks Trilogy] Accident: [noun] an event that happens by chance or that is without apparent or deliberate cause. -- ❝Hi...
65.7K 4.5K 8
"I'm here to show you this photo album, of your future." 6.6.2016 Short story; 7 parts. ~completed. #Wattys2016
396K 10.6K 72
Adalynne Claire finds an old family photo album filled with pictures from her childhood. She holds hardly any memory of the photos until the album is...
178K 8.1K 25
Amber Ryder's first instinct has always been survival. When she kills her adoptive father after he drunkenly murders his children of blood, Amber is...