Project 26 (part one)

By iTeddyBear

I am an Agent. And it's my job to save my planet, Threade, from anything and everything. Now it's in danger o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 5

116 4 3
By iTeddyBear

sorry this is so short y'all. It's just the next chapter should be pretty long and I didn't want to stop in the middle of the good part.

So anyways, here is the next to pages of the book! Enjoy:D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I climbed into the double bed I'd claimed right away. It as besides the window just like my old bed at the training grounds had been. 

Today I'd shown all the board members everything I was capable of. Hand to hand combat, shooting, running, following code maps, being a leader to my other combat members, letting Quinn or Ryan be leaders (I swear that was the hardest part.), disguises, trying my hardest to understand a simple computer code (lucas helped me cheat a couple times. But then he stopped when they told him to shut the heck up and leave me alone or else.), hijacking computers, pick a locked door (piece of cake), and a couple other things that I know I'm forgetting. 

I was tired to say the least. 

I pulled the thick blankets over my head and rolled onto my side.  

"We did pretty good out there, didn't we? I hope we get chosen for a good mission. I'd die if we had to do something stupid like make sure a bunch of five year old agents don't swallow a bullet or something."  

I pulled the covers off of myself and stared at Quinn. Since when was she talkative? Especially to me? 

"Yeah..." I said and gave her a funny look. 

She stared at me and sighed," Listen, Ava, we need to get something straight here. You and I are not friends. We probably never will be; we're too proud and stubborn to ever even try to get to know each other. But let's at least try to act mature. The people here won't even take us seriously."  

I raised my eyebrows," You've sick of it?" 

"It's childish. My mentor's been telling me so since we turned thirteen. And you know he's kinda right. If we can't even trust each other, how the heck will we ever survive even one mission?! We need to try and bear each other." 

I nodded slowly, and said probably a little too harshly for this conversation," Okay. But don't expect me to get all touchy-feely-sister-love on you, kay?" 

She nodded too and slipped under her covers without another word. 

I did the same. 

That night I had a strange dream. 

I dreamed I was walking through the old training fields. Brett came towards me, smiling, and saying that I was going on a mission. I had to find a sink with a golden faucet that would take me to another world where I would find Quinn and be able to rescue her from Penelope Blaze. 

I found the faucet, which was actually right beside me the whole time he was talking, and turned it on. When I turned around Quinn was there, but Penelope wasn't. It was Lucas who was tying her to a chair with tape. I ran towards him trying to keep him from hurting her, because I suddenly didn't want Quinn to die. I'd known her since forever and it would be weird if I didn't have a Quinn to hate. 

It's a weird relationship, I know. 

As I reached to tear the tape away from her wrists, Lucas spun her chair around and she started spinning around the room. I tried to catch her but the chair wouldn't stop moving. I noticed it suddenly started turning into a tornado of sorts and I started to move away so that I wouldn't get sucked in. But now I couldn't move. I was stuck to the spot. 

Lucas appeared again and grabbed my arms, trying to get me to safety.  

"What are you doing? I thought you betrayed us!?" I yelled at him over the din of the tornado. 

"I'm always on your side Ava." 

And then I woke up. 

I sat up; sweat dripping all over my body. 

"Bad dream?" Quinn smirked. 

I stared at her and frowned," I thought you said we're acting mature now." 

"I did. That doesn't mean no more teasing, stupid." 

I sighed. There's no stopping me and Quinn. We'll always have something against one another. I recalled how I hadn't wanted her to die in my dream. It's true; I don't want her to die. But quite frankly I don't want her as a room mate either. 

"Let's get to breakfast. I'm starved." She said, clutching her stomach. 

I jumped up at the mention of breakfast and quickly changed into my black skinny jeans, navy blue tank top, and slipped a headband on to push back my bangs that were looking crazy and out of control. I sighed as I looked in to mirror at my reflection. My dark brown hair was stick straight and greasy. I needed a shower. My face looked tired 

and I looked so awkward and short. Especially next to perfect, blonde headed Quinn. 

Needless to say, some of my dislike of her was because she was so much prettier than me-- and she knew it too. 

\ "You finally ready?" she groaned. 

I flew to the door for an answer. We both struggled to get out first but stopped when Ally and Clover came out of their room. They stared at us, probably thinking we were crazy. 

"Are you two-uh-okay?" Ally asked. She pushed her blonde locks out of her face. 

"Fine." I straightened my shoulders as I finally made it out. 

They kept staring at us funny. 

I closed my eyes in frustration," Yeah, we're really being mature Quinn..." 

"Huh?" Clover looked a little bit worried. 

Great now they think they have muttering psychopaths on their squad. 

"Let's just go to breakfast, okay?" 

They shrugged and walked down the hall where Brandon had showed us the dining room was. 

"Cereal? I was kinda hoping for some peaches or something." Quinn said as we entered the hall. 

"Get used to it. That's better than most of the stuff we get on missions." We turned around to see a tall, young looking man striding towards us. 

"Lance Grey." He held out his hand to me. I looked up at his eyes, deciding they meant well, and shook his hand evenly. He nodded at my grip." You've got a nice grip. Combat agent I assume?" 

I nodded," Yeah." 

"Name?" 

"Ava Walker." I said sharply," And I've never heard of you before." 

He laughed," That's because I'm a relatively new agent. I'm only twenty-two, so I haven't really been sent on any big missions yet." He winked," But I will be known one day, you can count on that." 

"I like your confidence." I said sarcastically. 

"I like your lack of confidence in anyone but yourself." 

I frowned deeply. 

"I've heard about you. A lot of people have around here. You seem a bit full of yourself. But hey, if you think you can do more than a lot of us, who am I to try and tell you different?" he joked. 

"I can do more than you think. Don't think I'm just a child. You're only five years older than me." 

He merely chuckled, and seemed to notice everyone else for the first time," Oh. Is it harvest season already? Ten new agents ready to go."  

"So what are you good at?" Oliver's low voice echoed across the table. I turned in surprise. I hadn't heard him talk since he left the training fields.  

"Me? Oh I'm a bomber. I'm always on the scene, but all the combat agents do the work for me. All I do is make, and plant, bombs. It's a very simple, yet very important job."  

"You make it sound like combat people are just here to die for you. We're here for the mission, not for anything personal." Quinn said with a great amount of edge in her voice. I was used to it, but I don't think he expected someone so pretty to be quick. 

"Now why are all of you picking on me? What have I done?" he held up his hands in mock surrender.  

"Get used to it. These kids are a handful." We all turned to see Penelope walk into the room," They're a menace. They're always getting into everything and poking into other people's business." 

"Well, Penelope, we do try." I winked. I heard Lucas and Brett chuckle beside me. 

"How about you stop trying and do what your suppose to be doing?" she asked impatiently, grabbing a bowl and some reeses puffs cereal.  

I gagged. I hate peanut butter anything. 

"Anyway," Penelope continued," When you are all done with breakfast, go to the main board room. They want to enroll you on your first mission as soon as possible. Got it?" she asked. We all nodded and she quickly left the room, careful not to splash her bowl of cereal everywhere.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so, what did ya think?? Pleaseeeeeee comment!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6K 3K 37
Jay West and his friends are all alone. Stuck in a world without superhumans, they try to adjust to living as regular people. But soon, that task ma...
Killer Love By JM

Fanfiction

10.8K 339 19
He extends his hand out for me to shake. "I'm Harry Styles by the way." I almost laugh. Like I already didn't know that. Instead, I slide my sunglass...
14.9K 1.5K 45
đź“–Featured by @adultfiction on "Kills and Thrills" reading listđź“– Previously known as "Undercover: Fake Identity" *** "What are you running away from...
1.4K 139 9
It was like a game to them. A game of predator and prey. They are the predator and I'm the prey. Kill or be killed, survival of the fittest. Now, it'...