Unthinkable

By SheGoofyTho

How can I marry a man I knew only as my boss? I guess it was for the money, or was it the way I felt being a... More

Unthinkable
Unthinkable
Unthinkable
Unthinkable
Unthinkable
Unthinkable
Unthinkable
Unthinkable
Unthinkable
Unthinkable
Unthinkable
Unthinkable
Unthinkable
Unthinkable

Unthinkable

50 0 0
By SheGoofyTho

Chapter 9 :

I stand here. Shocked. Confused. Yet hurt. I stare into the light brown eyes of the man who I once thought loved me. His pearly white teeth being shown with his smile . His tall but muscular physic. His messy chocolate brown hair that I fell for.

"Hey Em". Adam says show casing his perfect teeth.

"I..". I stutter out trying to contain my emotions.

"I heard you were in town and just wanted to say hi". He states.

Carolyn.

"Then say your hi and leave". A voice behind me joins.

I feel his hands crawl around my waist and I knew for sure it was Cameron. I felt saver in his arms . Like he was here to protect me.

"Also heard you were only staying a week, is that true?". Adam continues ignoring Cam and his death glare.

"I'm sorry but can WE help you?". Cameron ask raising an eyebrow at Adam.

Rolling his eyes Adam returns his attention to me. I sigh raking my hand through my light hair.

"Adam I think you should just go". I tell him pleadingly.

"Adam?". Cam ask turning me around to fully face him."The same asshole Adam? ".

I nod."Yeah, that's him".

"Okay". He nods.

Picking me up and taking me out of the way. Cam throws a welcoming punch to Adam's face. He stumbles but manages to catch himself.

Soon enough they were both on the ground pounding heavily at each other.

Was I actually getting turned on by this?. Two guys fighting over me?.

"Dad!". I yell running towards them trying to part them.

"Your a asshole man, how dare you come here and show your face". Cameron shot at Adam.

"And what makes you better for her than I was?". Adam shot back at him.

Hearing that Cam charges at Adam again. My dad rushes out the house and takes Cameron off of him. Holding him and yanking him inside of the house as he whispered something I couldn't quite figure out into his ear.

"Adam leave!". My mom yells towards him as she pulls me inside the house and slams the door shut.

Once we were inside we both run to the living room were dad and Cam were talking as Cam held his lip. I guess it got busted during the fight.

"Emily , get the first aid kit". My dad tells me holding up Cameron's face to examine it.

I run to the downstairs bathroom and grab the first aid kit from the cabinet. I bring it back to the living room handing it to my dad.

"Jimmy needs you over quickly". My mother tells my father. He nods and looks in my direction.

"Finish this up for me Emily, I'll be back soon". He says standing up and giving Cam a tap on his shoulder.

"Okay". I simply say sitting down and taking the peroxide , soaking the cotton and holding it on his wound."You shouldn't have punched him". I say in a low voice.

"He deserves worst than that for what he did to you Emily".

I couldn't help but smile at him.

^•^•^•^•^

I rub the back of my neck trying to decide what I should put into the shopping cart. My mom had her finger pressed against her tiny chin.

"I'll say pasta". I tell her with a smile.

She returns the smile and nods.

"Why if it isn't Emily". I hear a voice say.

I turn to see Alexis , Adam's older sister. She never liked me and I would never know why. I treated her brother with so much respect and love.

I smile at her. She walks over with a little boy attached to her right arm. He was adorable with his big brown eyes.

"Hey Alexis" I say to her.

"My brother told me you were in town, I just couldn't believe it myself". She informs me.

Why in the hell would Adam be talking about me? .

"Is that so? , well yes I been back a few days now".

"Maybe we can meet up for some coffee?". She says bouncing the little boy up and down her side. He was making noises. You know the ones a toddler make when their about to cry?.

"Okay, before I leave, I'll give you a call". She nods and walks away.

Turning my attention back towards my mom she had a confused look on her face. I was more confused than her at the moment.

"When did y'all become the best of friends?". She ask laughing.

"I guess we both need that answer". I reply with a slight grin.

^•^•^•^•^

Everyone was eating outside today. Cam , my parents and I. Carolyn had something planned and didn't mind skipping out another 'family dinner'.

"I'm happy to finally have a son". My dad says."I can sure tell he loves you and I'm getting too old to protect you".

"Oh please, no one is as strong as you Daddy". I inform him with a small smile.

Cam smiles. "Thanks Dad".

My heart sort of melted.

"Isn't Carolyn married daddy?". I ask him.

"He left her after three months into the marriage". He informs me.

Tragic.

"God bless his soul". My mom says sadly.

I wonder why he left her?. Might of found out what a bitch she really was.

"Well let's toss, that maybe one day she will get married". Cam adds raising up his red drinking cup.

We all raise our cups and cheer. Laughing after we took a sip.

A knock at the door makes me stand up. "I'll get it".

I walk inside from the patio slide doors. Swinging the door open I seen that it was only Adam.

"Hey Em".

"Stop calling me that, seriously".

"Sorry". He raises both his hands in a surrendering position.

"What do you want?". I ask puzzled.

"Can I at least come in?". He ask peeking through the slightly open door."Or is your friend still here?".

I nod , pulling the door wide open. We walk to the living room and both take a seat.

"Well...". I trail off.

"Well I'm here because I need to talk to you". He states looking into my eyes.

"Then talk". I tell him rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry okay?, can you please forgive me, it's been years".

"Years of hate and pain". I add.

"I'm sorry Em....". He apologizes.

"Okay...". I say.

"Okay?". He ask.

"Your invited to my wedding". I tell him nervously.

"Wedding?, your getting married?". He ask.

I hold up my engagement ring and smiled.

"Yes, and your invited".

"You can't get married to him Emily". He says sternly.

"And why not?".

"Because I never stopped loving you". He leans in and our lips met.

For a second I couldn't really bring myself to what was happening. I look at him and shove him off me.

"Adam that was so fucking selfish of you!". I yell at him angrily. Getting up I walk to the front door and yank it open."get out".

He gets up from his seat and walks towards the door. Once he was outside he looks back at me with a sadden face. I sigh and slam the door.

How could he?.

^•^•^•^•^

I let the water sprinkle down my body slowly. Washing away at my face. I let my hair get wet and watch as my body soaks with the warm water.

After I was done I step out and head back to my room. I put on some blue jeans and a white tank top with my white sandals.

Cam must of fallen asleep downstairs last night. Since he didn't come up to bed. It sort of hurt , I miss having him next to me.

I pick up my ringing phone.

"Hello".

"Counting down the days until you come oh wait, it's one more day". I hear my best friend's voice boom.

I laugh."Oh Carly".

"What? , can't a girl miss her best friend and for once don't call me dramatic". She says with a chuckle.

"Fine I won't call you dramatic but I won't feel the same if I don't".

"Ha funny , how's lover boy?". She ask, romance lacing in her soft but loud voice.

"About that , I'm highly confused , how's Bobbie?".

"Who?".

"Bobbie, my cat?". I say nervous.

Please don't be dead.

"Oh Sammie, he's asleep on the couch, the last time I checked". She replies.

"Bobbie and when was the last time you checked on him?". I ask.

"Half an hour ago , why all the questions?".

"Fine this is the last one, was he breathing?". I ask biting my finger nail.

"I'm not a cat killer you know". She says sarcastically.

"Sorry, but I'll call you later, I love you".

"I love you too".

I hang up and jog down the stairs. My parents were seated around the table eating and talking. No sign of Cam.

"Good morning". I tell them.

"Good morning". They said in union

I smile and made my way inside the kitchen. Still no sign of Cam. After making my plate I take a seat and begin to dig in.

"Slow down". My mom tells me with a smile.

"Sorry, hungry, where's Cam?". I ask taking another bite.

"I haven't seen him since last night, thought you guys had a fight I found him sleeping away in the guest room". She explains to me.

"No, I was too tired and went off to bed early".

"Maybe he's just still sleeping". My dad says putting down his newspaper.

I look up to see Cam walking down the stairs with his suitcase.

What the....

He walks over to my parents and gives my mom a light hug, placing a kiss on her cheek. He opens up his hand and gives my dad a handshake then a manly hug.

"Business?". My dad ask as he pulls away.

"You can say that". He replies."I'm sorry to just up and leave and not spending the entire time I have here, I will surely miss you guys".

"Oh Cam , your welcome to come back here anytime". My mom says to him rubbing his cheek.

He hugs her again and waves at them as he begins to walk off.

"Cam , where are you going?". I ask . my heart was pounding heavily in my chest.

"Home". He replies walking away.

After a few moments I hear the front door close. I ran outside to see him get inside a black Mercedes. After awhile the car speeds off.

I run back inside and grab my dad's truck keys off the table next to the front door. I get in the truck and turn the key inside of the ignition.

The truck roars to life as I pull out of the drive way and begin to speed towards the Mercedes.

No way he was going to leave without a explanation.

^•^•^•^•^

I got to the airport on time. Cam was walking through the glass doors. I run after him and stopped once I seen that he saw me.

"What are you doing here Emily?". He ask.

"I needed a explanation".

"There's none". He says coldly.

"Well make one up for fucks sake Cameron, please". I trail off.

"And why should I?". He ask turning away to walk towards the check in line.

"Because for once I'm done bottling up my feelings, I can't and I won't keep it from you any longer.". I sigh and take a deep breathe."Cameron Oliver Clarke, I love you". I tell him trying to hold back the tears trying to escape my eyes.

I love him....

********************************

Cliff hanger ...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210 2 29
I won the hunger games. I was the lucky one, the sole survivor. And then they picked me to be a princess. It was an honor, of course, but also a burd...
382K 13.8K 54
What will happend if you're married to a Mafia at the age of 18? Would you accept it? "Im Jeon Jung kook and i would like to make your daughter as m...
52 0 27
I wish you had understood my pain, I wish you knew that your smile was my gain. I wish every day started at you smile, And I still wish every day we...
13.9K 313 55
"I can't trust you, I can't listen to you, I can't believe you. I want nothing to do with you get the fuck out of my life Harry!" I yell at him while...