Just A Borrowed Spouse

Por augustinedev

Lee Taemin and Son Naeun have unexpectedly ended their Virtual Marriage on the We Got Married. They may have... Más

We Just Ended?
Virtually Heartbroken
Comfort in Chicken
A Cinderella Moment
The Reason
Showtime
No no no
The Love Guru
Sisterly Love
Fairy God-Couple?
Ours
Cruisin'
Long Distance
Officially Missing You?
Thoughts
Home Sweet Home
Puppy Love
Dog-Lover
Operation: Day Out Disaster
The Unwanted Truth
The Search
Minnie's Owner
Roman-tic Christian
A Walk Around the Block
Family Get Together
No Ordinary Love
A Piece from Our Past
The Letter
Going Solo
Left Behind
Guests' Preppy Time
The Wedding
Single Or Divorced?
The Great Pretenders
A Birthday Treat
Love on Doubt?
A Leap Of Courage
From A Far
Courtesy of Emergency
Broken
Just Realized
The Fault in Me
Forget You
His Twin
Walk Away
Hello
Suddenly
Just Waiting
Some Night
Diaries and Memories
The Meet-Up
The Stolen Page
First Day Worries
Out and About
Un-Wanted Attention
Big Thanks.
Leave
Go On
The Un-scripted Us

An Unexpected Night

3.9K 102 14
Por augustinedev

Taemin's POV:

It's been two weeks and we all have been busy.Practices and recordings were slowly killing me.Of course we were not new to this type of schedules.This is the life we signed up for,the life we wanted and the reality for idols.

Good thing we were given a three day rest before we get to hit the next big thing.

A whole new lot of hardship.

We were off by our little ways of relaxing. Onew hyung was stuffing himself with food in the kitchen. Minho and I were usually playing our minds out with the video games. Key was out socializing with our friends.He came home really really late while Jonghyun was shutting himself in the room writing songs. His idea of relaxing was way different from ours. Its like having no life at all.

Minho and I were by our third game when the door creaked open.

"Kibummie, you're late. . ."- I teased as he entered the door.

"Where have you been again? It's nearly midnight. Who were you with this time?"- Minho asked.

Minho would give us really girly names.I got used to it. He usually called me "Taeminnie" but Key's name was a new discovery,ever since Eunji-sshi called him that.Minho and I decided to use it too. He really is mean. He never game nicknames to the other hyungs, so unfair.

"Oh, I was out with Eunji."- He said as he placed his stuff on the table.I was caught offguard as he said that name.

"Yes! I WIN!" -Minho shouted as he defeated me.

" Apink's Eunji?" - I asked ignoring the fact I lost to Minho.

"Yes ,why?  She needed help with a cake. She doesn't seem to have a good tongue for sweet stuff."- He explained.

Minho and I were both surprised by this.We didn't expect him to be with Eunji. I thought he would be out with Dara or someone from other groups but not Eunji.

"Yah Taeminnie,look at Key. He wasn't even married to Eunji but look they really are going well. They went out! Daebak. . .

You know, you should ask Naeun too!"- He exclaimed, suggesting.

I already thought of that even if he didn't mention it, but well there's only one problem. . .

I don't have the courage to ask? I thought to myself.

"Ah! "- Key exclaimed as if he discovered something. "Speaking of Naeun. . .
The cake Eunji and I bought was for her. It's her coming of age tomorrow. . .you know right?"- He said asking me.

"Really now?"- I asked. "Are you messing up with me? It's not February 10 tomorrow right?"- I said. Were they playing tricks on me this time?

I lost my interest in playing video games as Key mentioned that.I reached out for my phone quickly. As soon as I got my phone, the time read. . .

In less than ten minutes it was Naeun's birthday.How did that happen so fast? Time really flew fast.

Key approached me suddenly.
"You didn't forget right?"- He teased.

"Of course not! I just didn't feel that time would easily pass."

"Aish. . .Right? What do we expect from our Taeminnie?" - Minho was now teasing me.

They all laughed at my startled face.How could this be? Really, this is driving me crazy. Time was really running, I can't even remember the last time I slept. What do I do now?

"Hyung what do I do now? It seems late to get something for her right? Is there any shop open at this hour?"

"Of course there is."- Minho replied seriously.My heart leapt for that. I sounded desperate for a moment.

"The pharmacy"- He scoffed at me.

Great. Exactly what I needed a lame tease. Argh, when could Minho act serious?

"Seriously, is there any flower shop or gift shop open?"- I asked as I stood up.

"No. If people had the same mindset with you~ I guess there would be one right?"- Minho said.

"Why don't you call her?" - Key suggested.

"No, I don't think I can. . .What would I say?"  I asked worriedly.

We all became silent for a while. Minho suddenly stopped playing. He stood up and sat right next to me. I wondered as he looked like he was up to something.

"Taeminnie, can I borrow your phone?"- He asked suddenly.

"Why?"- I asked holding my phone protectively.

"I need to make a call.My phone's dead."- He dully said.

I handed him my phone as I had nothing to do with it anyway. He quickly grabbed it and went to the kitchen. Dialling. I wonder who he was going to call at this hour. I guess it seemed important that he had to go to the kitchen for it.

"So Taemin what's your plan now?" -Key asked.

"Honestly, I don't know either."- I scratched my head for answers.

"Yah, what kind of man are you? There has to be something." - He scoffed at me.

My mind was blank. I already have prepared an event for her long ago on her comeback but that was when we were married. It wasn't even me, EXO did it for my behalf. I seemed awkward now.

Minho came dashing from the kitchen. He quickly gave me the phone.He looked pretty panicked.I held the phone but didn't answer it. I wonder who did he contact this time.

"Minho who's this?"-I whispered.

"Just answer it."

I held the phone to my ear quickly as he said that.

"Hello?"- Her voice seemed familiar. I looked over the screen and found out that it was Naeun. Minho must have dialled her number without me knowing.

"Hello? Are you there?" - she asked.

I gave Minho a glare as I held my breath and cleared my throat.

"Naeun-ah."- I began, mouthing the hyungs to go away. Eavesdropping is a crime.

"Ye-yes?"

" I- I...Well I... I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday."- I stuttered.

My head was lost for words. See? This is the reason why I don't want to call. I just chicken out especially that I didn't plan any of this or what I'm gonna say.
.
.
.
.
.

Naeun's POV:

The girls and I were still awake despite our long day. I really am tired but they insist on staying up late for my Coming Of Age.

I grew too fast. My year seemed really fast. When I was twenty, I got married twice. One in the drama and the other with Taemin. My parents seemed shocked about all the happenings. We had our comeback too and a whole lot more.

It was a minute before midnight and the girls locked me up in my room for their surprise. They call it a surprise even if it was too obvious . I guess I just have to act surprised?
.
.
.

It was soon midnight, as I checked the time. There was a knock, a clear indication it was time for the surprise. Namjoo came and covered my eyes with a blindfold and help me walk out the room. We soon walk out the room and stopped. The moment we stopped, I guess this was the sign of me getting the blindfold.

I untangled my blindfold quickly. The moment I managed to take it off completely I was shocked with what I saw.

The members and our manager started singing. Yookyung, a former member of our group suddenly appeared.

She entered holding up a lighted birthday cake. I couldn't help but cry, I missed her so much. It's been nearly a year since she left the group for her studies.

The song soon ended, I wiped off my tears quickly and blew my cake.I know they would tease me, I'm too emotional. They all approached me and gave me a hug. Yoo-Kyung hugged me last. I hugged her tightly.

"Naeun, you're being emotional again. You haven't change one bit.You're still a crybaby."- She teased.

"Of course, why would I change. You haven't change too! You still tease me a lot."- I said wiping off the tears.

"Enough of that.Let's take a picture before we eat up." - Bomi said.

I gave Manager my phone so he could take the picture. I held the cake and we all showed our bright smiles.

"3. . .2. .  1. .  Smile."

They all raced to see if the picture went fine while I placed the cake back to the table and prepared the plates .Suddenly a phone started ringing.

"Naeun!" They all called.

"Yes?" I walked towards them.

They handed me my phone. It was Taemin calling.I felt myself nervous as I read his name.

They all gathered towards me.

"Come on, answer it."- Bomi said.

"Yah, answer it."- Eunji said.

I answered after seconds as I was too nervous

"Hello?" - I began, the girls were by my ear as I uttered a word.

"Naeun-ah,use loud speaker." - Chorong whisphered.

They all sat on the couch and made room for me to sit.I sat in the middle of them. Everyone became silent.

"Hello? Are you there?"
There was no answer. We were all waiting in anticipation.

"Naeun-ah" - I heard his voice. It sounded tense but I knew this voice. It made me tense too. It's been a long while since I last heard him say my name.

"Yes?"- I asked as I waited for his answer.

"I . . .  I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday."- He said, a smile formed on my lips as he remembered my birthday.

"Thanks."- that was all I was able to say.

I felt myself blush.The girls were smiling deviously towards me.Our conversation seemed awkward since its been a while. I felt it, a lot.

"So, uhm. . . Is there anything you want from me for your coming of age?" - he asked.

I became startled with his question. I didn't see that coming. The girls were squealing behind me. I guess they were more flustered than I was.

I wondered what I wanted. I really didn't have anything in my mind.

"You really don't have to.Nothing's fine with me."- I blurted out.

"No- I wouldn't take that as an answer. I feel that I should give you something. . . You gave me a lot when it was mine."- He explained.

I felt his sincerity with that but honestly, there was nothing I really wanted now.

Him calling me, was enough. Enough to make me feel happy but I know that he was full of pride. He would insist on giving me something. He would, I know he would.

"So tell me is there anything you want? Anything at all? I won't mind."- He asked again

"I don't know Taemin. . .

There's just one thought that comes to me, but it might be too much for you.."

My words were drowned by a lot of whispering coming from the members. They had a lot of suggestions coming.

"What? What is it?"- He asked.

I just answered him with a simple request.
" Is it too much if I ask you to sing. . . To sing me a song."

He became silent for a second. I guess he didn't expect what I wanted.

"What song? Happy Birthday?"- He asked.
He really is funny. The girls and I snorted out a laugh.

"Of course not...The one you sang when we were in MBC together, do you remember?"- I asked.

" Oh. Okay."- He bluntly replied.

Everyone became silent. I could hear him, clear his throat on the line, then started singing. The moment he started singing the girls threw vicious glimpses at me. I knew right then, they envy me.

"I'm telling you that I want you.

I'm telling you that I'm calling for you,

Hold my hand, hold my hand

I'm afraid that I will lose you.

I'm telling you that I want you.

I'm telling you that I love you,

Are you listening to my heart for you?

It hurts just to look at you,like this."

His voice seemed perfect as I heard him sing. I remembered that he was an Idol after all. The song took me back to our memories in MBC. It was so clear.

The song soon ended. And we were all smiling from what we heard.

My nerves were awake. My heart raced while he was singing.How I wish he would never stop singing, this made me remember everything that we once were. A happy married couple.

"Naeun-ah, say something.Are you still there?"- He asked. Oh right, he was still there.

"Uhm. . . Thanks. I really liked it."- I blurted out. I really was fluttering inside, if only he knew.

"How was it? I think my vocals weren't good."- He asked. I bet he was so conscious, he doesn't seem to be confident just when I ask him to sing so sudden.

"It was fine, perfect actually."- I complimented.

" I see. Aside from that, Is there anything else that you want?"

"Daeba-" Bomi muttered as Chorong covered her mouth, reminding her it was on loud speaker.

"Actually- that's it~The song."- I said as I bit my lip.

"That's it? Seriously?" He seemed surprised. It seems like he wanted me to do more.

" I really have nothing in mind right now."- I told him as I heave out a heavy sigh.

"Is that so? What do we do now? I need to give you something more than just a song."- He muttered.

Really, he's nagging now. He wants me to ask more from him. What is he? My godfather?

"I really don't have anything in mind, honestly."- I assured him.

"Okay. I'll just do things my way if you're not going to tell me what you want then."

What did he mean by that? The members and I became more curious.

"What things?"

"I won't tell if..."- His voice soon faded.

" If what?"- I asked.

"If you won't say it..."- He said again, missing some lines.

'"Say what?"- I asked.

"Did you miss me?"

I was taken aback as he asked. My nerves jolted. I never saw that coming.This is so embarrassing if only he knew the members were listening too.

Aish.What to do.

I really wanted to know what things he meant but then ~ I  will have to answer the question if I did miss him. The members were laughing silently, they were holding it down.

"Y-yes, I did miss you."- I stuttered as I replied. I could only smile just from what I said

He became silent for a moment. I guess he was up in the heavens now or maybe yet his cheekbones were uncontainable to hold it down.

"So tell me now,quickly." I reminded him of those things he had to tell me.

"Actually, I was just messing up with you." He laughed. The smile on my face just heaved out a sigh.

I should have seen this coming, he already did this before. DE JAVU all over again? The members couldn't contain their laughs. They all laughed histerically.

"Don't worry Naeun-ah, I still have somethings for you. . .You'll see one of these days."- He said.

"F-fine."- I replied. Now, I will have to anticipate whatever it was.

"Is there anything you want to tell me or what?" - He asked. I suppose this was a wrap.

My mind just bolted up to simple words.
"Thank you for calling. . .I really appreciate it. You take care of yourself, huh?"

The girls exchanged malicious looks. They were all glaring at me.

"Of course I will. You too. Don't get sick okay?

I'll be hanging up now. I don't want your members to think I'll have you talking to me till dawn."- He said and that made me giggle.

" Okay. Bye then."- I said.

"Bye."- He said.

By that, the call ended. The moment I put my phone down,they started squealing. The girls were all over me. Teasing, mocking and bullying me of some sort. I guess they really were just envious.

Yoo-kyung seemed really surprised with Taemin's attitude.

"Yah,you got married? You know you're husband really is the best. . .Seems a waste if you let him go so don't let him go."

How I wish I could but we all had to be professional about it.My real emotions were the least of their concern.We all have to let it go.

"Our marriage just ended ."- I told her the sad reality.

"Really? Doesn't look that way. . .but still he treats you well. He treats you the same way
-like you're still his wife" - She teased.

I felt something right with what she said, at least once more. I don't want to be greedy and ask for more.

The girls sooned discussed over themselves while I stayed silent for a while.

"If virtually getting married is like that then I guess dating wouldn't be bad at all right?" -Bomi said.

"I wonder how it is when you're not an Idol, like the normal people they just go with love and all.I wonder how they do it?" -Namjoo said

"I feel like I wanted to get in a virtual marriage."- Hayoung blurted out.

"Yah, you're too young. Not now."- Chorong said.

I guess the girls are wondering since all of us really had no experience with this kind of love. They seemed to open up about this love stuff since I got married. So this is how it feels?

As if I was really loved by him.

Today's turnout was all a surprise. A wonderful unexpected night.

With Yookyung who came for me plus Taemin's unexpected call, it seems like a different birthday to me.

It really was different.
.
.
.

Author's note:

Hey, I hope you will have fun reading it too. Thanks for reading :)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

30.8K 2.5K 45
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.
51.5K 270 35
can't come up with a good title??
22.2K 376 63
Grace is a 15 year old girl who gets bullied by Blake Gray and his friends
46.4K 2K 48
"I love it when you call me señorita. I wish I could pretend I didn't need you but every touch is ooh la la la. It's true, la la la. Ooh, I should be...