His Unmarked Territory

By xxRandomxThoughtsxx

Read the description or watch the trailer :P -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zUt8A-N_Ls Skylar is a orp... More

01 - 'All a werewolf needs'
02 - 'Not so perfect stranger'
03 - 'June and bad chat up lines'
04 - 'Mr Smooth'
5.1 - 'My so-called mate'
5.2 - 'Head over heels and falling... On ice?'
6.1 - 'The un-known visitor'
6.2 - 'The Game'
07 - 'Somewhere in Vegas in bed with a blonde'
08 - 'Alpha, Aggression and Agony'
09 - 'Unwanted confessions'
10 - 'Vicky'
11 - 'Everything's a Game'
12 - 'Greetings little brother'
13 - 'Stupid, Sexy Laugh!'
14 - 'The Lakeland Estate'
15 - 'Gotcha'
16 - 'Moving in- if only for a while'
17 - 'An Awkward Meal'
18 - 'To Lie the Truth'
19 - 'Battle of The Brothers'
20 - 'Under the Dickhead Exterior'
21.1 - 'Messing with the wrong guy's mate'
21.2 - 'Don't Let Me Fall'
22 - 'Love is Love'
23 - 'Shield Me'
25 - 'Evie'
26 - 'Bitch Fights and Asking Outs'
27 - 'An Unexpected Kiss'
28 - 'Just Jump'
29 - 'Run With Me'
30.1 - 'Dad?'
30.2 - 'Backup Plan'
31 - 'Morning Angel, Evening Hell'
32 - 'Nothing Left but A Post-it Note'
33 - 'Welcome Home Sweetheart'
34.1 - 'Too Little Too Late'
34.2 - 'Let the Games Begin!'
35 - 'The Swap'
36.1 - 'As The Minutes Tick By'
36.2 - 'Game Over'
37 - 'Welcome to my Hell Game - Pick a Card'
38 - 'So The Lion Fell.... 'Shut up'
39 - 'Why Wait?'
40 - 'Epilogue'
Update - 2018

24 - 'What. A. Day.'

538K 9.7K 1.6K
By xxRandomxThoughtsxx

Copyright © 2011 Lauren Tricksey

Vote, Comment, fan and read away...

Chapter Twenty Four

'What. A. Day'

Chapter 24

 Everyone's eyes trailed in slow motion to the arm around my waist, their jaws all dropping in shock. I cringed at their piercing gazes, but I didn't break away from Klaus's hold; I didn't want to. I knew now was not the right time but then again, what's done is done. My eyes diverted back to Wesley who was now stood there shaking slightly, his eyes were slanted in a glare.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!" He bellowed, and I cringed into Klaus's chest.

"I...I did" I whispered feeling tears well up in my eyes, but I couldn't cry. I wouldn't. I haven't done anything wrong... So why do I feel like such a bitch?

"You did no such thing!" He screamed coming closer but then stopped again, seeming to hit... Oh yeah, air!

"I- I did you just didn't believe me!"

"I thought you were joking!" He bellowed.

"Well obviously dude she wasn't, and maybe the reason she didn't tell you was that she knew you would act like a total dick, and I guess she was right!" Klaus butted in, standing to my side so he could slightly pull me protectively behind him.

"SHUT UP!"

"Wesley" I whispered, I hated it when they fought and it seemed like the only one making them fight these days was me. Wesley didn't even look at me before he carried on.

"You can't just act like she's yours, she's in my pack!" I froze slightly as I felt Klaus stiffen. Wesley was right, I'm not in his pack, and now everyone knew.

"She's my mate! She is MINE!" He growled.

"She's not a possession!"

"SHE IS RIGHT HERE!" I screamed stepping in front of Klaus making his eyes fall from Wesley to me warningly. "Don't fight please!" I breathed stepping away from Klaus only to have his hand take hold of my wrist to stop me from going any further.

"I was about to tell you today," I whispered, remembering earlier this morning.

"When I was about to kiss you, you were going to tell me then?" He asked, his voice wasn't as loud anymore but loud enough for people to hear- loud enough for Klaus to hear.

"WHAT!" Klaus yelled, pulling me behind him and began to storm towards Wesley until he was right up in his face. Damn Klaus can certainly be intimidating. "I warned you not to touch her, I told you if you were to ever lay a finger on her, I'd kill you." He seethed his fist clenched, and I could see him start to shake in anger.

"KLAUS!" I cried, pulling him away from him. "He didn't touch me, I didn't let him." I tried reasoning with him, and to my relief, he stepped a few more steps away from him.

"Yeah run away to your little girlfriend!" Wesley seethed. "Oh yeah, you can't because you don't have a girlfriend. Your own mate doesn't even like you!"

Damn you, Wesley, are you trying to get yourself killed. I thought, watching hopelessly as Klaus; in a second balled up his fist and hit Wesley Square in the jaw. Wesley hit the floor like a tonne of bricks with an ear-splitting thud. A gasp came from behind me, and I realized it was Mrs. Iverson.

"LEAVE!" Klaus yelled in complete and utter anger, as Wesley righted himself on the floor rubbing his jaw.

"How about no? Are you going to beat me half to death like last time?" Wesley seethed, and Mrs. Iverson gasped again. "That's right mother your prodigal son here, beat me up until I was unconscious and then threw me through a window," Wes smirked up to Klaus.

"WHAT?!" Mrs. Iverson screeched, "Is that true?" Klaus looked up at his mother regretfully and then reluctantly nodded. WHAT?!

"WHEN?" I was the one to ask now, when did this happen? Klaus turned his back on Wesley to face me. His eyes full of regret as he reached out his hands to take mine, but I stepped back.

"It happened the night..." He began, and I could see hurt in his eyes now that I'd rejected him.

"Enough!" Mr. Iverson's voice bellowed over the scene. "Sons you are somewhat of a disgrace to me right now! Klaus you are..." He began but then stopped as his eyes went to the human receptionists who were sat there transfixed in the confrontation happening in the small room. "You have a responsibility, you have people to protect! And today when we needed you, you were too busy beating up your best friend! Now I hear you're beating up your own brother! What's going on son?!" He roared, shaking his fist aggressively.

"I...I don't know" Klaus whispered shaking his head. He then went to sit on one of the chairs and hung his head as he ran his hand through his hair in frustration. He looked so vulnerable. I felt some crazy impulse to go to him and comfort him, which was totally stupid because I was supposed to be angry with him for beating up Wesley.... Again.

"I think its time we go. All of us" Mr. Iverson directed the sentence to everyone standing around, and within seconds they were all reluctantly piling out of the reception.

"Klaus" I whispered, going over to sit next to him and rest my hand on his shoulder.

"You're comforting HIM!" I heard Wesley shout.

"Because he's mine" I whispered and then immediately realized what I said, as Klaus raised his head in shock to stare at me. Wesley didn't know quite what to say to that, so when I heard the door slam, I knew he'd stormed out.

"Angel I'm sorry" He pleaded, and he rested his head on mine and took my hand in his. This time I couldn't find it in me to pull away; I was too tired, and as much as I hate to admit it, his touch was making me feel a little less upset about the whole situation.

"This has got to stop" I frowned. "You can't keep beating people up."

"I'll try" He whispered wrapping his other arm around my waist and pulling me into his side.

"No that isn't the correct response" I grimaced.

"Fine, I won't beat anyone in my pack... or Wesley's pack again" He gulped, and I knew he was probably thinking of Nick and the reason he beat him up in the first place.

"Alright" I sighed pulling away from him. "Come on let's go."

'_' back at the Iverson residence '_.'

The house was quiet when we got in. Mr. And Mrs. Iverson where seated quietly in the living room and I could almost sense the sad atmosphere.

"I'm sorry" I whispered standing in the doorway with Klaus standing behind me.

"Honey you have nothing to be sorry for" Mrs. Iverson smiled weakly gesturing for me to come and sit next to her. "Klaus could you go and put the kettle on?" she instructed.

I sat next to her, and she turned to me.

"Welcome to the family." She grinned pulling me into her in a massive bear hug. I was sort of shocked, I thought she'd be upset that I didn't tell her sooner... "Why didn't you say!" Okay, I guess I thought too soon.

"I...I" I began, but she shook her head.

"It doesn't matter hon, what's done is done" she smiled warmly. "Babe, can you go make some dinner?" She asked and just like that Mr. Iverson jumped up and then kind of froze and looked at her. I didn't know what was more shocking her calling the powerful Mr. Iverson 'babe' or the fact he did exactly what she asked without a second thought. It almost made me want to go aww.- That was until he stopped mid-step to look at her.

"Um, I can't cook." He looked at her guiltily, causing her to chuckle lightly.

"How could I forget. Well go and get take-out or something and take Klaus with you." She waved him off dismissively.

"But can't we just get it delivered?" He whined.

"No."

"Fine." He muttered walking out of the living room. "Klaus! come on where getting take-out."

"Why, can't we have delivery?" Klaus whined from the kitchen, causing us both to laugh at how similar they sounded.

When the front door shut behind them, Beth turned her whole body to face me with a massive grin on her face.

"I'm so happy! I could jump for joy, I've always wanted a daughter of my own." She screeched like a teenager. "We can go shopping together, we can go on girly holidays, go to spas together ahh, where would you like to go? What about Brazil, I heard there was this amazing spa somewhere in the rain-forest. Do you think you could have time off school for a week or so..." Her eyebrows furrowed like she was thinking hard about something.

"Er, Mrs. Iverson I'm in my senior year, its kind of important to stay at school..." I reminded her.

"Please! You should know by now, call me Beth...." And then just like that, her eyes flickered up to mine mischievously.

"What?" I asked concerned.

"IM GONNA BE A GRANDMA AFTER ALL!!!"

"What?!" I screeched horrified, no doubt the biggest ever blush to flood my cheeks.

"Oh don't look so surprised hon, of course, that's not going to happen in for a while, but give it three or so years, and I'll have a little grandson in my arms." She beamed looking down at her empty arms and smiling as though there actually was a baby in them. Er, the thought of being a mum is rather... terrifying to me. I'm only seventeen!

She must have noticed my horrified expression because she quickly composed her face.

"Oh excuse me, I didn't mean to worry you, I just haven't been this happy in a long time, I was beginning to think Klaus was never going to find you, and I'm just so glad it is you. I can't think of a better mate for him, he needs someone like you." She smiled adoringly.

"Um thanks" I blushed as she looked me over.

"I'm sorry I must be making you feel uncomfortable. You see the real reason I wanted to speak to you alone was about that incident today, I think you need a girl to girl talk." she smiled warmly, and I cringed internally. How can she be so excepting of me? When I was the reason for her son's fighting.

"I'm sorry about Wesley" I began, feeling horrible with myself as I remembered his heartbroken face.

"Don't apologize, you did what you thought was best. I'm sure you had your reasons for keeping it from him. Okay so maybe tonight wasn't the best time, but then again you weren't the one to tell him, and it was pretty obvious, now that Klaus has you marked up as his" she chuckled and I frowned at her confused.

"H... he marked me. How? And how do you know?" I whispered horrified, "Do I have 'I'm Klaus's mate' marked on my forehead" OMG what if I do! I felt my heart beat faster, but all she did was chuckle at my expression.

"Calm down honey, you don't have it written on your forehead. You do have it written here though" with that she lifted up my – well Klaus's - jumper causing me to gasp. My eyes landed on my mark which was now outlined in electric blue, and a Japanese inscription had been miraculously added to it.

"WHAT IS THAT!" I screeched, rubbing it to see if it would come off.

"He didn't tell you?" she asked innocently.

"No"

"Oh, well that," She said pointing at the new bit. "Is Klaus's name in Japanese, just like he will now have your name on his. That's the reason it's called marking. He's marked you as his, and you, in turn, have done the same to him." She smiled before carrying on "Did he tell you about your shield?"

"Shield?" I looked at her like she was mad.

"Well, aura."

"No, what the hell is that?!" I screeched then immediately slapped my hand over my mouth.

"It's the reason Wesley couldn't touch you. Here let me explain. Because Klaus is your mate it puts you under increased chances of getting attacked and so to counteract this, the spirits have given every Alpha mate this aura. It means while in human form no male werewolf can come within about a meter of you. It stops them from touching you and in turn cause you any harm, but it doesn't work in wolf form." She frowned slightly at the end.

"WHAT?!" I screeched again, what the hell has happened to me!

"Honey, it's actually meant to be a good thing, It stops you from getting attacked, and it would put Klaus's mind at rest, knowing you're safe." She reassured me.

"B...but, I can't go near a guy anymore?" I whispered shocked.

"Of course you can. Klaus is not affected by it seeing as he's your mate, but to all other werewolves the shield applies."

"But you can touch me?"

"Yes, that's because I'm a female." She corrected.

"But what if a female attacks me?"

"Well, the Aura comes from a long time ago Skylar, from a time where females did next to nothing, so they were certainly not a threat."

"Sexist much" I muttered. "So I can't touch a guy apart from Klaus ever again?!" I asked slightly horrified.

"Of course you can! You just have to learn to control it like I have. If someone comes up to you and you trust them then touch them first. It's the easiest way to drop the shield, and in time you will learn like I have, to control it by your mind."

"That's kind of freaky" I whispered, and she let out a light chuckle.

"Yeah but you get used to it" she shrugged. "Would you mind helping me set the plates out?" She asked, and I nodded as followed her out to the kitchen. We were setting the table when she spoke again.

"Wesley will come around." She spoke quietly, and I gulped.

"I hope so" I whispered. The thought of losing him was awful. He was my best friend. The idea of him in pain right now made me feel sick. I wonder where he is? What if he decides he's never coming back, what if he becomes a depressed runaway... what if he's fallen down that cliff?! I need to go and find him!

"I... I need to go find him!" I decided to voice my thoughts rushing to the front door. He was not going to fall off that cliff because of me, or run away from his home, his friends, his family. I frantically swung over the door, crashing into it as I flung it open. Only to smack into what felt like another door; that was until this door wrapped its arms around me and wouldn't let me go, even though I was frantically trying to escape its grasp so I could go find Wesley.

"Hey, hey angel where are you going?" The door spoke, but of course, the door wasn't actually a door it was in fact, Klaus.

"I need to find him! He's not going to fall off a cliff because of me!" I cried trying hopelessly to pull away from him, but he only tightened his grip around my waist.

"Fall off a cliff?" He grinned amused, "Only you can fall off a cliff, you don't need to worry." He laughed- still not letting me go.

"Shut up, it's not my fault I didn't see it coming!" I frowned as I continued to struggle against his hold.

"Oh yeah, who's fault is it then?" He carried on amused, and I realized both Mr. And Mrs. Iverson stood in the doorway chuckling slightly.

"Yours!" I growled. "If you weren't so annoying, I wouldn't have had to run away in the first place!"

"Annoying?" I raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, annoying!"

"Yeah? If I was annoying why did you lick me?" He smirked, and I blushed.

"I...I didn't mean to okay! I couldn't stop myself!" I cried looking away; only to gasp slightly as I felt his tongue trail up my neck.

"EWW get away, that's disgusting!" I cried pushing away to wipe my neck. Still, I couldn't stop the laugh from escaping through my lips.

"I couldn't stop myself." He mocked me with a grin.

"I need to go find him,"

"No!" Klaus growled, and I quickly stepped back, as once again he went to hold me back.

"Skylar honey, we heard on the way home, one of the pack saw him crossing the border. Give him time to be alone right now." Mr. Iverson stated. I had nearly forgotten that Klaus and I had an audience.

"Crossed the border?" I asked shocked. "Isn't that unsafe?"

"Don't worry, he's a grown man he's quite capable of looking after himself." He said seriously, but I could see the worry glazing his eyes before he turned away from us and walked into the house. "Come on let's eat before it gets cold." He called over his shoulder, and with that, we all followed silently after him.

"Um, what happened tonight?" I decided to voice my curiosity as we all sat around the dinner table, Klaus beside me with his parents opposite. I kept my head down, biting my lip slightly. Maybe I was butting into something that wasn't my business.

"Well, we've been monitoring a situation for a while now. I don't know if Klaus told you, but we've been getting a few unwanted trespassers." Mr. Iverson began.

"Like the one we met in the woods?" I asked looking up to Klaus, and he nodded.

"We have a feeling he was one of them, yes, but today was an annual pack party for some of the pack elders, and well cutting a long story short we were attacked by quite a large pack, and as I said the elders are not by any means the pack's fighters. We were outnumbered, and well some of us got hurt, and Ethan's father lost his life." I gulped. So it was correct, someone did die. Ethan must be devastated.

"Who is the pack?" I asked when I'd finally found my words

"We're not sure. They're not local, and no one has ever come across them before. We think they might be after something- seeing as they've sent a few lone wolfs out, while the larger pack must have acted as a distraction, but really we can't be sure of anything right now."

"Do you think they got what they were looking for?" Mr. Iverson looked at Klaus for a second before looking at me.

"No, they didn't." He answered sternly, and then I watched confused as he looked back as Klaus meaningfully and I could tell they were communicating through their thoughts.

When we finished dinner, I was so tired that Klaus had to drag me down the corridor practically. Sighing he opened the door and ushered me in with a sad expression.

"Sweet dreams angel." He whispered leaning down and giving me a gentle kiss on my cheek. Which to my surprise sent sparks through my body; nearly as many as when we were making out. It was weird how one small kiss could make me feel so good.

"Goodnight" I whispered before he smiled slightly and shut the door behind him.

Urg! Why do I feel... empty? I could not miss the part of me that wished I'd never confronted him about the room situation. Not that this bed wasn't inviting here in this spare room. I'm sure I would sleep soundly in it. If it weren't for the fact that I knew I would sleep better next door in Klaus's arms. Damn this is what you wanted! Remember Sky?! I groaned annoyed with myself, as I stripped out of Klaus's clothes to have a shower, before dressing in the white pajamas. I climbed into the massive king size bed, laying smack bang in the middle and stared up at the ceiling.... Alone. I wonder what he's doing right now? Sleeping Sky, he's probably sleeping. My self-consciousness reminded me, and with that, I curled up into a ball and closed my eyes... er, why is it so cold?! I opened my eyes annoyed; turning onto my other side and curling up in another ball.... URG this is hopeless!!!! Swallow your pride girl! I must have laid there for another ten minutes contemplating if the good outweighs the bad. The bad being mostly my pride... The good was that I would be warm... I would sleep... and above all, I would be with Klaus.

"Urg fine!" I sighed to myself, throwing off the cover and began to make my way across the corridor to his room. I contemplated knocking, but then thought 'what if he was sleeping?' I'd wake him up, and he'd be annoyed... In the end, I just held my breath and opened the door, peaking through the opening to see him- still awake and staring at the ceiling.

"Um..." I began staring at the floor.

"Come here" He whispered softly, and I looked up to him to see a warm smile on his face as he held up the side of the duvet for me to get in. Without a word I jumped in beside him, curling my cold body into his warm one, sighing contently as his arms pulled me into his chest. He kissed my forehead lovingly, and there with my body intertwined with his, I fell instantly in a peaceful sleep. Even after one of the most eventful days I'd ever experienced. Waking up beside Klaus... Have the horrible realization that Nick wanted to rape me... Then have Wesley try to kiss me... then find out that Klaus had nearly killed Nick... I then almost fell off a cliff... Then I kissed Klaus properly for the first time... I then meet that wolf in the woods and find out about the pack's attack at the hospital... Have Wesley find out about Klaus and me... Then find out about this crappy aura around me... and then to top it all off, Wesley left across the border. What. A. Day.........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.4K 1.6K 30
Forget everything they tell you about mates. Forget those girls who fall in love with the bad man in the end. Forget those bad men who change for th...
1.6M 47K 39
(Trigger Warning) (In editing) Rain's been through hell her whole life. Between her abusive dad, her brother who blames her for everything and the bu...
8K 427 13
*book three* final installment. Melodi has been through a lot. Getting ditched by her friends, getting kidnapped. Finding out her kidnappers were we...
61 3 42
"Most people don't remember their birth. But I do." Plagued by a dream eighteen year old Emily Wolf can't get rid of, Emily blames herself for the d...