Diggy Simmons | Someone Like...

By jjewelxo

Diggy meets the girl of his dreams, Hazel Williams. She has hazel eyes to match her name, medium skin toned a... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Seventeen

1.1K 36 12
By jjewelxo

I had two trays of food, bulldozing through the overly crowded Star Nightclub. I got to the table to deliver someone's order.

I placed the plates on the table, "Enjoy." I said warmly.

A girl around the age fifteen looked at me wide eyed, "You're Diggy's girl." She stated matter of factually. "You're so pretty. Can I get a picture?" She asked.

This is exactly what I didn't want. No, I am not his girl. Not anymore. But because I didn't want to start any drama, I just gave her a warm
smile, "Sure." I said. At least she was really sweet and calm.

I began coughing really loudly, I've been feeling a cold or something coming on.

"Are you okay?" The other girl asked.

"Yes, thank you." I said.

"Well I'm sure if you're not feeling well, Dan will take care of you like the gentleman he is." She laughed.

Haaaa....funny. He was sure taking care of me when he was stuck on his ex. I laughed to be civil.

She gave her friend her phone as she slid out of the booth to stand next to me for the picture. For the pose, I hugged her  tightly, which slightly took her by surprise, but she hugged back and we smiled for the picture.

"Thank you! You are so sweet. It was really nice meeting you." She said.

"No problem." I smiled.

I went to go wait on another table. I felt my phone vibrate, I already knew who it was.

Celebrity Creep Kid

I sighed, ignoring his call. I do not have the slightest interest in talking to him. I mean, like, not at all.

Flashback to their call

"Daniel, you might as well delete my number."

"But Haz-"

"I told you not to drag me into your mixed emotions. You could have been honest."

"I swear its you that I-"

There was another sound in the background who I believe was his manager who said "Dan we need to talk about your set for the pre-show."

"Hazel can I call you back, I'm so sorry-"

"Daniel you have to go. So go. And don't call me text me, nothing. Bye."

First, my best friend since literally diapers breaks my heart, and then him, knowing what I had been through.

Him and Jonna deserve each other.

"Hay," Paris came up to me with her notepad, and the same Star Nughtclub shirt  I had on. My best friend is so beautiful. I smiled as she approached.

"Whats up?" I asked.

"Hay, please answer his calls-" She started.

"P, I don't wanna hear it." I said, cutting her off.

"He's not just blowing you up, its everyone!" She exclaimed. "He even asked for your moms number. I just can't anymore," She said laughing, "Please, for the love of God, Hazel-"

"No. I'm sorry, I just want nothing to do with him."

She stared at me for a while. "Wow, you're serious." She stated.

"Dead serious."

"Im proud of you. I left him the rudest message ever," She said.

"Oh gosh," I laughed. I know how Paris can get.

"Another one of your little admirers has been asking about you too." She said, smirking.

"I don't even wanna know," I said. "I'm done with guys as of right now."

"Jelani." She stated. "He really misses you." She stated. "Has he been texting you?"

I shook my head. "No."

"He's so nervous about it. I told him to though. He reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy misses you. A lot."

"He can stand in line with Dan." I said, going back to work.

"I hear that!" She exclaimed. "Go best friend, thats my best friend," She said loudly, sticking her tongue out.

I looked back at her, laughing. She is a hot mess, oh my gosh. I don't even know why she did that, knowing that she's gonna tell me to talk to Jelani. Or Dig. Or both.

"Nah, thats my best friend, P." An all too familiar voice called out.

I turned, and there was Jelani Wright. I had to crack a smile. We were on decent terms, but I'm not so sure if he can reclaim that best friend title.

One thing after the next.

"Look at you," he commented, coming closer.

I looked at Paris who was smiling from
ear to ear as she walked towards the kitchen.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I missed you...I already know Paris probably told you that," He said. "But I gotta explain some thangs," he smirked.

"What do you want Jelani?" I asked, going back to the girls' table from earlier, "Everything good?" I asked them.

"Yes, thank you." They said. I turned to see Jelani right at my heels.

"She wants Diggy not you!" One girl called out, and her friend busted out laughing.

How about neither.

He grabbed my arm, pulling me to the side.

"Hay, you're on break, talk to me now," he said desperately.

I rolled my eyes, just about through with everything going on. "You know what, just go ahead," I waved my hands indifferently.

"Jonna." He stated.

??????

"Um?" I said in confusion. "Okay?" That's all?

"She the reason behind all this." he said.

I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion.

He laughed, "You're so cute," he said before continuing, "Well basically...she peeped Doggy was feeling you-"

I busted out in laughter. "You mean Diggy." I said.

"You know." he said dismissively, smiling, showing his pearly whites. His smile is blinding. I can already feel myself taking him back in - on friendly terms.

"Welllllll, anyway, ya girl real crazy," he said. "Like real crazy. Not the typical female crazy, but like real life crazy." He said.

Well so far, whatever story I'm about to hear sounds truthful, haha.

I coughed loudly, trying my best not to.
"You good?" he asked.

"Yeah. Thanks. Continue." I said.

He looked at me skeptically, "This girl did her research on you. I mean she really did her research. Got my contact. Hit ya boy up..." he paused. "This the hard part. Because I love you a lot and what I'm about to say is dead wrong on my part. But I'm owning up to it. Because I cant live without my best friend. I don't know what to do anymore, I be so bored Hay." he groaned, "Anyway, she hit me up, told
me to put a move on ya, you know to secure her spot with DIGGY," he said loudly, emphasizing his name in reference to him screwing it up before.

"And then invited me to the hospital to play like we were really a couple, and she was going over board, too, anyway, thats when you came in and saw me quote on quote sleep, she knew Dan would come see her then see me and get jealous. That's what all of this was Jonna being thirsty and crazy all 'cuz she thought he was losing interest." he said, finishing his long, run on sentence. "She even had me actually pretend to be all in love with her and tell her I love her," he scrunched his face up in disgust, "I wouldn't be surprised if she broke her own bones purposely. She. Is. Psycho."

I looked at him disapprovingly, "Okay, but why would-"

He cut me off. "I know, why the hell would my best friend of 18 years do this? How could he? Wellllll....." He took my hand. I snatched it away.

"Understood." He said, "But come on," He said.
I followed him out the door. I don't even know why I'm allowing him to explain himself.

We walked out and he covered my eyes. "Jelani, what-"

He removed his hands. I looked at what was in front of me in absolute astonishment. I was truly in awe. A black Benz truck in mint condition stood before me, deserving all the heart eye emojis in the world.

"Jelani, what-" I repeated, but this time
in a good way and less harsh tone.

What is going on? A freaking Benz? Just like the one my father had before he passed. I could almost tear up, reminiscing about all the times he and I shared in his truck.

"Surprise Hay Hay."

"Jelani, what." I repeated, unable to find other words. I tried so hard think of his wrongdoings, but a Benz was right in front of me.

I felt my lockett on my neck that my dad gave me before he passed, "Its...Its just like the one-"

"It is the one." he said.

"What? How did you-"

"The money Jonna gave me. I knew it was wrong but...I knew how happy you would be...and your mom and I got it fixed up-"

"I don't know if I want to punch or hug you." I stated, still looking at the car.

"Look down at that necklace then decide," He said pointing to my locket from my
dad.

"I was honestly thinking about it way before the Jonna and Dig thing. I just didn't have the funds to fix up the car. And I really aint want ya moms paying for it, sooo...when I got the opportunity to get it fixed I took it. Now you straight for college. No need to rely on your mom, Paris, none of that,"

I can't believe this girl was desperate enough to pay him off.

"I knew you wouldn't do me like that. Something wasn't right about the whole thing. I still wanna punch you though," I said.

"Go ahead." He laughed.

I punched him not too hardly, or so I thought, in his arm.

"Ow!" He hissed. "Damn, girl." He said.

"Sorry," I said, holding back a smile.

"No, I'm sorry." He said, putting his hand to his chest. "You're my best friend. And I caused so much pain." He said.

"You really did boy." I said. "It's going to take a while to warm up but this was a good start." I laughed.

"Your break ends in 4," He said, looking at his phone.

"I'm mad you know my break time." I said. "Come on," I said waving him back into the building.

I saw the two girls from earlier walk out as we walked in.

"Bye girlies!" I said.

"Bye." The waved sweetly.

"You know them?" Jelani asked.

"They're Dig's fans." I said.

"Gotchuu.." He said. "Yeah, I saw that pic he posted," he said. "Looking all cute." he said.

"Don't start." I warned.

"Nahhh, you know I'm not bout that," he said. "Yeah you fine, but you best friend and its always gon' be just like that." he said.

"You gotta re earn that best friend title." I said,
half jokingly.

"I will." He said.

After the club closed I hurried to my Benz, I literally ran. I can't believe it. I got in the drivers seat and instantly felt at peace. It reminded me of my dad in a good way. I felt my locket, I can't help but to feel it every time he crosses my mind.

Jelani hopped in the drivers seat. "Do you even have your L's with you Hay??"

"You would think I wouldn't because I never have to drive but yes I have 'em." I said, pointing at my purse.

"Oh aightt," he said, sitting back in his seat.

"Where is your seatbelt since you got all the questions?" I asked.

He groaned loudly, pulling it on. I started the car, backing out of the parking space. I went a little too fast, and abruptly stopped.

"Damn Hay!" He said. "You wasn't playing when you told me to put that seatbelt on." I started laughing so hard.

I started crying at his reaction.

"Im so sorry," I said in between tears, trying to stop laughing. "Its been a while." I said.

"I can see that." he said, pulling his seat belt tighter which made me laugh harder. I started coughing again.

"Want me to drive??" He asked. "I think you getting sick ma." he said.

"No! I got this." I said. I pulled out of the parking lot.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yesssss." I said, proceeding to the road.

My phone started vibrating in my purse. "Can you check that?"

"Um...Celebrity Creep Kid?" He said confused.

I laughed. "You can ignore it." I said.

"That's Ol boy?" He asked.

"Yep," I sighed.

"Dang girl, you on some boss type," he laughed. "Riding in a Benz, declining celebrity calls."

I laughed. I remember when he tried to call, explaining himself. I told him he might as well delete my number.

I really did miss my best friend. Here we are, talking like nothing ever happened.

"How come you didn't tell me all this before?" I asked him.

"I wanted to wait until the car was out of the shop. I wasn't risking you saying no to talking to me again. You're my everythangg." He laughed. "And you know what I mean." He said. And I did. Just friends.

"I lowkey missed you."  I blurted.

"You mean high key," he said, smiling. "I missed you more Hay."

I wasn't aware of a speed bump and went flying until I could slow down.

"Hay!" He screamed.

"I'm sorry!" I laughed.

"Luckily your house not too far." He said.

"Shut up, I'm doing good." I argued.

"Yeah aightt."

Shortly, we pulled into my driveway.

Haley came running out of the house. "Hazel!" She ran to the car. I got out, enveloping her in a hug.

"Haley!" I enthused.

"Do you like your car?" She asked.

"I love it. How long did you know about this?" I asked.

"Forever! You can take me everywhere!"

"Yes I can." I agreed, smiling.

"Haley." Jelani bent down opening his arms.

"Lani!!" She screamed, hugging him tighter than she hugged me.

"Hay, Imma head home..." he said, standing up again. "I'll hit you later." he said. He opened his arms for a hug. I filled the space and hugged him tightly.

"Love you," I said.

"I love you too." He smiled, walking right across the street to his house.

I saw him do a victory dance saying "Yesssss!" and I laughed so hard.

"Hazel, ya lost me," Haley said, flatly.

I looked down at her adorable, confused face. "Whats up?" I asked.

"First its Lani..then Diggy...now its Lani!!!!"

I laughed. I didn't want my sister to think I was like that. "Lani has always been and will always be my friend."

"But he asked you on a date that one time, 'member?"

"Yes, but we realized that we are only friends."

"And Dan is your boyfriend?"

"Haley, what about you? I know you have a little boyfriend," I teased, laughing.

She blushed. "Noooooo," She said suspiciously.

"Yeah, mhmm." I laughed.

"Oh my," My moms voice sounded. She came down the porch and came towards the car, looking it in amazement.

She gazed at it, staring, "Do you love it, honey?"

"I love it." I assured.

"I remember your dad was so excited when we got this truck. And I remember us all riding in the car and you two in the backseat." She reminisced.

"Mom, don't," I went to her, placing a hand on her back.

"Mommy please don't cry." Haley tugged on moms hand.

"I won't, I won't," She smiled. "I'm so happy you'll be driving it."

"Me too, ma." I smiled.

"Oh! Hay someone sent some flowers to you." Haley said.

I raised an eyebrow. "Who?" I asked.

"Go look."

We went inside of the house to find a colossal bouquet of flowers. I reached for the notecard.

I'm sorry.

- Dan (AKA Celebrity Creep Kid)

I rolled my eyes, but, I'll admit, the Celebrity Creep Kid made me crack a smile.

They were roses of all sorts, red, yellow, orange, and pink. It was breathtaking. I couldn't help but to post a picture of me sniffing a pink rose, unashamedly.

diggysimmons liked your photo.

Sheesh, its like he has updates sent to his phone when I post.

I can already see the text now about how I didn't respond but I'm posting pictures.

Ha. Right on queue. 

Celebrity Creep Kid: Oh for real?

Celebrity Creep Kid: These past few days have been hard. I'm really really really reallyyyyy sorry. I should have been straight up. I wasn't trying to hurt anyones feelings and ended up hurting u who deserved none of that. I really want another chance. I want to rebuild trust. I want u to be mine again. I swear on my life when I said Im all for YOU, I meant it. Just you. I should have cut her right off. I'll give u some time to think, but I wont stop trying

A part of me felt that he was being genuine. Another part of me remembered what he did and deleted his text.

Jelani: U feeling okay?

Me: yeah, im good why?

Jelani: Well u were coughing up a storm all day ma lol

Me: yea, idk what came over me 😩 im good tho

Jelani: Well u kno im right across the street, Jelani to the rescue😁😂

Me: im good. besides u not completely off the hook.

Jelani: Well I'm trynaaa fix it lol

Me: im good, thanks lol

Jelani: Bet. im going to sleep ill hit u later

Me: Nightttt

Jelani: looooooove u lil mama

Me: love you

----------------------------------------------

Jelani or Dig?
lighten up hazel😓 he really loves ya

comments/likes😇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

545 55 27
Alice is bullied and meets Taylor and Cameron and she has to choose which one of them she really likes and is gonna date.
10.7K 120 49
Michelle has moved to a new state and town and it's her last year of high school and she meets a boy that will soon quickly come attracted to her...w...
1.7K 29 1
Jagger has moved to Sydney, feeling alone in an unfamiliar city... then she meets Reece Mastin. This boy changes her life- but when it suddenly all c...
6.3K 156 19
Conor was looking at Hazel and smirking, there was something in Hazel's eye, something I'd never seen before. The green was shining through the brown...