The Waitress and the Wolf (Bo...

By ImmaNarwhal_nbd

Having been a runaway at 16, Venus makes her living as a waitress in a small town, with small minded people... More

Chapter 1. Table 4
Chapter 3. Blue Eyes
Chapter 4. Letters
Chapter 5. The Fourth Letter
Chapter 6. Last Night
Chapter 7. Cold Shoulders
Chapter 8. Day 5
Chapter 9. Bake-Off
Chapter 10. Repercussions
Chapter 11. The Beast
Chapter 12. Intimate
Chapter 13. The Guardian
Chapter 14. Birthday Party
Chapter 15. Fire
Chapter 16. Trapped
Chapter 17. Shaken
Authors note 1
Chapter 18. Questions
Chapter 19. The Call
Chapter 20: Like Chicago part 1/2
Chapter 20: Like Chicago part 2/2
Chapter 21: Surprise part 1/2
Chapter 21: Surprise Part 2/2
Chapter 22. Awakened
Chapter 23. Flicker
Hey
Chapter 24. Feeling Red
Chapter 25. Maybe
Chapter 26. On Her Terms
Chapter 27. Trust in Me
Chapter 28. Crisis
Chapter 29. Where We Belong
Chapter 30. Venus Fly Trap
Chapter 31. The Guardian
Chapter 32. The End

Chapter 2. Appearances

11.6K 429 36
By ImmaNarwhal_nbd

Hi guys, so I thought I'd write another chapter and see how it goes?

Pic of Moira to the side :D 

QOTD : Fav male actor? (answer in the comments)

AOTD : Ian Somerhalder/Iwan Rheon/Miles Teller

Venus's POV***

"Jesus, what gives?" Moira hollered as I walked in through the door. Will eyed me as I leaned against the door and took it all in.

"You were gone for like, 45 minutes dude, I thought you got jumped or some shit!" She shrieked, running over. Yeah, or some shit, I thought to myself. "Where's the beer?" she asked, staring at me.

"I . . " I caught my breath and wondered what I should say. "There were some muggers near the store and I almost got caught, but I didn't," I said, giving them most of the truth. Will staggered over, looking concerned. "Are you alright?" He asked. I nodded, my mind taking me back to the moment where Demetri beat up those guys. And that . . . that noise that Tyrese had made. Nothing seemed to be making sense. 

"Yeah, I'm good, just a bit shaken up," I said. Will embraced me in a hug. I hugged him back and snuggled into his chest. Moira's eyes never left me as I welcomed Will's embrace. I closed my eyes and imagined those dark, cold eyes. Snapping out of it, I pushed the image aside.

-

I went to work the next day. Hey, I can't just sit at home, that doesn't the pay the bills and if it did, then I'd win the award for the hardest worker. 

Marge continued to check in on me as soon as Will decided to open his mouth about last night. Moira thought it was cool and kept coming up with a bunch of scenarios in her head about what she would have done in my position. 

"Hey, Venus," Will called as I finished wiping down the last table. I glanced at him. He smiled sheepishly. I returned the smile and walked over, wiping my hands on my apron and tucking a hair behind my ear. 

He crossed his arms, his muscles lightly showing through his shirt. "Yeah?"

"Are you really okay?" He asked. I nodded, staring at the floor. They didn't know that Demetri had been there and walked me back home. They had no idea. "You seem really out of it. Maybe you should take the rest of the day off and I'll finish up your shift," He proposed. I frowned at him.

"No way, I have to work, you know that," I told him. He rolled his eyes and smiled. "I knew you wouldn't let me, but it was worth a shot." I grinned at him.

The day went by incredibly slowly, two customers after another, and then large gaps in between. I frowned to myself as I served a couple some milkshakes. I made my way to table 7 and pulled out my notepad. There was a cute little high school couple sitting down and seeming happy. 

"Can I get anything started for you two?" I asked. The blonde girl smiled politely. "I'll have a raspberry milkshake and a house salad." I wrote down her order. "I'll have a sprite, and two cheeseburgers, no onions," He said. I smiled and walked away with their orders. 

Inside the kitchen, I waited for their order to be made by Dennis. I looked at the two, who seemed deep in conversation. The girl leaned in, hanging onto the boy's every last word. She laughed at something he'd said.

I sighed, wondering what if that was how my mother used to be with my dad. I frowned and shrugged back the memories. 

"Here ya go," Dennis said, handing me a sprite and milkshake. I thanked him, and made my way out to the table. I handed them their drinks, not that they noticed, and checked on another table.

"Venus, mind taking out the trash before Marge kills me?" Moira called as she handed a soda to a little kid at a booth. I rolled my eyes at her. "Sure, but you'll owe me," I told her with a sinister grin. She gulped nervously and turned her back to me to finish handing out her drinks. 

Every time Moira, Will or I had something to do and we asked the other to do it, they always owed something in return, and you had to do it. One time I asked Will to wash the dishes and in return he made me serve a party of 12 little girls for a birthday party. I'd never seen that many pink sparkles on a dress. 

I walked to the trash, hauled it out of the can and began to walk to the back. Opening the door, I dragged the huge trash behind me and came to the dumpster. I hauled it over my shoulder, and prepared to throw it.

"Venus?"

But instead, I jumped and the bag fell over my head, trashes of all kinds drowning me. I fell on the ground, my nostrils filling with the scent of week old pasta. 

I grabbed a banana peel off my head, and flung it behind me, then wiped off the ketchup from my face. "Do you mind?" I hissed, getting up. I looked at the stranger, and felt myself do a double take.

"Demetri? W-what are you doing here?" I asked in surprise. He looked me up and down. Oh great, I probably smelt like crap, and just about had the looks to match. He wore a black shirt, with a black jacket, some dark jeans and dark boots. His dark eyes met mine. Meanwhile I wore a dress that had now had yesterday's lunch smeared all over. 

"I wanted to check up and make sure you were alright," He said, looking me from head to toe. My face began to heat up faster than a burrito in a microwave. I was a complete mess.

"I'm just peachy," I stated with a blank face. "Oh, sorry," he walked over and reached for my hair. I studied him in awe. He seemed so confident, unwavering. I was awkward, and covered in old food. He brushed my cheek, and grabbed a shrimp from my hair. If that wasn't embarrassing I didn't know what was. I just wanted the ground to swallow me up right here.

Anxiously, I bent down to start picking up the mess. 

"I also wanted to ask you something," He said, as he bent down at my side. I gave him a look.

"Did you get a yesterday? From someone?" He asked. I said nothing, feeling my palms begin to sweat. What if Demetri really was apart of a gang? And I knew something I wasn't supposed to know?! Oh God, he could totally kill me right here, right now. 

"What do you mean?" I asked, avoiding the real question. He sighed and stood up. I did the same, throwing away the cans and food into the dumpster. 

"Just a phone call."

I didn't answer.

"You can tell me, it's okay," he ushered, coming closer. I took a step back as he did. His chiseled jaw clenched. A tingle ran down my spine as I looked him in the eye. He frowned and studied me. At his words, my heart beat slowed down and I didn't feel the urge to run.

"Yes," I told him. "It was, the guy was freaking out, like really freaking out. And the two guys he mentioned were the ones that I seated at a table, and then in the alley . . ." I trailed off, unsure if I should be telling him this.

He nodded as he clenched his jaw. "Thank you," He said, looking at the ground, as if trying to solve some sort of a math problem in his head. 

"Are you alright?" I asked him. My questioned seemed to stun him. He stared at me in shock before his dazed look returned.

"Yes," he said, but he cast me one last glance before he began to walk away. "Wait!" I called out. He froze, and lightly turned his head to look at me. "I . . . I still have more questions about last night .  . ." I revealed, looking down at the ground. 

I  heard him sigh, and put his hands in his pockets. "You don't want the answers, trust me," And with that, walked away. I frowned and watched him skulk away and turn the corner. Marge had called him trouble. Was she maybe right? 

-

"Goodnight you guys," I said to them all as I walked out of the diner. Moira flipped me off. I had given her half my night shift. It was 10 so I was now walking home.

"Want me to walk you?" Will offered. "No, I'm okay, thanks though," I told him. He seemed downtrodden, but I quickly walked away, desperate to avoid his puppy dog eyes. I wrapped my jacket around myself tighter, really feeling the cold fall air. 

I sighed and looked down the dark street. That feeling of paranoia began to peck at my being, but I brushed it off. It was scary to think that just yesterday I could've been killed. I didn't have a car, so walking would have to do it. I walked past the small grocery store, and gave it the finger as I walked off. If I just would've stayed home, none of that chaos would have happened yesterday night.

But then, I never would have run into Demetri  . . .  The thought made me cringe. No! I shook my head. He's trouble. I had to avoid him. I couldn't afford trouble. Hell, I could barely afford peace.

I glanced at the familiar alleyway, and walked past it just a little faster than before. It gave me the creeps, and that was an understatement. I turned the corner, but as I did, I heard something in the distance. 

I froze and turned, but saw nothing. I relaxed my shoulders again, knowing I was being ridiculous. I took a deep breath and continued to walk at a faster pace. I heard it again,  quite faintly. It was the sound of a car. I turned to see headlights, and my panic kicked in and I began to run across the street, desperate to make it home. 

I turned the corner, and looked back to see the black SUV at my heels. I gasped and came to an abrupt stop. The black tinted window rolled down, and revealed a familiar face. 

"What the fuck!?" I shouted, clutching my chest. Demetri smirked. "What the fuck are you doing here, are you stalking me or something?" I hissed. 

"No, I was just driving down this street. Why are you walking, considering yesterday?" He asked, his eyes glinting.

I put my hands on my knees, and fought to catch my breath. "I . .  I just," I panted, "I don't have a car, so I walk home," I explained.

"Hop in, I'll give you a ride to your apartment," He said. What? No! I barely knew him! 

"I, well- no, I mean - no thanks I'm okay," I told him. "Venus, don't be an idiot," he told me with the raise of his brows. "No it's really okay," I said, and began to walk away from him.

"Get in the car Venus," He said as he continued to follow me. 

"Why can't you just take no for an answer?" I groaned in exasperation. He chuckled and stared at me with expectation. What was his deal?

"You could be a murderer for all I know," I told him. "Well that's always a possibility," He replied with a lighthearted laugh.

"Or a rapist, or, or . . . some creepy guy who eats at diners and stalks waitresses!" I retorted, throwing my hands up in the air. He smiled from inside his car, but he became serious in a matter of seconds. 

"I wouldn't hurt you."

My breath hitched as I examined him.  I lolled my head back and reached for his door handle. I could not believe I was doing this right now. I let myself in, slammed the door, and leaned into his front seat. He began to drive off. 

"You can't do that," I told him. "What?" he asked, keeping one hand on the wheel.

"Just appear out of nowhere. Normal people don't do that," I told him. He smirked and stared out the window. He held a mischievous smirk on his face that made my stomach coil. "Why not?"

"W-well . . ." Why not? For once I didn't have an answer.  "You don't have an answer," He said. "For once," he added. I scowled at him and crossed my arms. 

We kept quiet but I had so many questions I wanted answered. "How'd you fight those two guys at once?" I couldn't help but ask. He frowned. "I just did."

"You just did?" I mocked, raising my eyebrows.  "Somewhat. I knew them, they're just dicks," he said, gripping the wheel tighter, his knuckles beginning to whiten.

"Who uh, who was that on the phone with me then?" I asked. 

"No one important."

"Well then what about-"

"No more questions."

"But-"

"Damn it, I said no more questions!" He snapped. I shut my mouth.

The rest of the ride was silent and I wandered if I had gone too far. At my apartment now, he came to a stop. I opened the door and let myself out.

"Venus," he called as I walked away. I froze, but didn't turn around.

"Goodnight," He said, his voice deep and dark. 

"Goodnight, Demetri," I replied  before making my way to my door.

Hm, a bit shorter, but thoughts??

Vote, and comment on the qotd!! :D Thank you!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 630 20
Lonely and ruthless, 19 year old, Reveena Huntington lives alone. She does work here and there when people call for her help to find people that don'...
114K 4K 46
Currently editing to Third POV 𝘉𝘰𝘰𝘬 1 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴. <𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘯 1990> 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺�...
219K 11.8K 51
A genetically unique but emotionally lost teenager must figure out who she is within her mixed-up, warring world of Shifters and Wolfstalkers. ...
196K 8.7K 43
When no one talks to you anymore or even sees you, you wonder, what's the point? I could move after high school, I could start over, but it wouldn't...