Unexpected

By lemonzest

Winter Sykes is one of those students who never really cared about popularity. Winter have had enough of that... More

UNEXPECTED
AUTHOR'S NOTE
1 | Like a dieting kid to calories
2 | Practically the Devil who wears Prada
3 | Off with your head
4 | Death by Cinnamon
5 | Better than Nutella on a Bad Day
6 | I'm a wreck
7 | The Truth is Inevitable
8 | So Date Material
Author's Note
9 | You Can Never Dig Her Back Up
10 | Points for Being Humble
11| What am I, a princess?
12 | Royal Bed Privilege
13 | Hug Some More?
14 | Not Interrupting Something
15 | Pizza and Jelly Babies
16 | We'll Find Him
17 | The Messed Up Sister
18 | Worst Confession Ever
I LOST A CHAPTER
19 | First Dates
21 | Still a Ninja
22 | I have a deal for you
WOOPS
23 | How To Get Away... from Winter
24 | The Chase
25 | Breaking Point
26 | The Deal
27 | Our Dear Ole Prime Minister
28| Good Thing I Packed Suits
29 | All the Way from Monaco
30 | Bright Side of Things
31 | Little Did She Know
32 | All Tingly Inside
33 | Pull That Card Against Me
34 | Namast'ay in Bed
35 | Chop Off Your Genitals
THIS IS THE END
36 | Best Boyfriend Ever
37 | All About the Media
38 | Turn of Events
HELLO
39 | Surprises
40 | Unexpected Hesitations
Hi
This is what you've been waiting for...
The Last Chapter

20 | My Munchkin

7.1K 342 52
By lemonzest

Dedicated to @elsalollipop. I see you fangirling over thereee. <3

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"You know, I'm pretty sure that you guys are going to have a cold after that little thing you did outside," Alec said as he watched me and Nate sip our coffees.

"That was a tad bit stupid," Charles added.

I glared at them and just sipped the hot goodness that was served to us a few minutes earlier. I didn't even know that you could instantly feel really shitty after just a few minutes under the rain.

"Achoo!" Nate sneezed. "Sorry."

"We should probably get home," Matthew said.

"But I haven't finished this hot choco yet," I complained.

"Alright, fine. But you better share some with your boyfriend over there. He's a real weakling," Matthew said with a smirk on his face.

"You mean fiancee," Harry said with a teasing look in his eyes.

"Shut up," I said to him as I passed my cup to Nate.

"No, it's fine. I'm gonna be fine," Nate said through his clogged nose.

"Hey, it's alright. You need it and besides, I want you to have it," I said with a smile.

He smiled back at me and sipped. I was staring at the cup thinking about how delicious that hot chocolate was. Truthfully, I really wanted to finish it but Nate needed it more than I did.

"Okay," I said. "Can I just have a teeny tiny sip please?"

"Nope. I have a cold and if you drink from this, you'll have one too," he said as he drank the remaining hot chocolate.

"Oh please," Alec scoffed. "It's not like she's not going to get sick either because I'm sure that both of you will be back to your kissing session later."

"Shut it," I said, annoyed at them for teasing.

"We should really go back. Where's your car? Clearly you two would never walk around the city," Alec said.

"It's in front of the Electric Cinema," Nate answered.

"Oh alright, we'll just drop you guys off there," Charles said.

As we exited the coffee shop, we were bombarded by lots and lots of paparazzi. I hugged my brothers and we walked towards the limo hastily. Nate's arm was around me while he carried his cousin with his other arm, her face buried on Nate's shoulder. Alec, Charles and Matthew were around walking in front of us while flashes of the paparazzi's cameras blinded us.

"How come you guys got the limo?" I asked them.

"Unlike you guys, we asked for permission to go outside," Harry said. 

"Oh. Right. Crap," I said, realizing that we were literally dead once we get back home.

"I think it's best if one of the guards take your car home," Charles suggested. 

"Right, I'm not in the mood to drive now anyway. Not really used to right hand driving yet," Nate said.

We drove home under the heavy rain and by the time we arrived, it was already dark. All of us walked in silence as we entered the doors and when I looked around, I saw my mom sitting on one of the couches.

Oh crap, I'm dead.

"Boys, I've missed you," my mother said as he smiled at my brothers and walked toward us to hug them. 

"Missed you too, Mom," Lewis said.

"Alright," my mom said as she released my brothers from her tight hug. "You two, take a bath and get changed. You both smell like sweat."

My brothers ran up the stairs with Nate's cousin following suit.

"You must be Nate's friends," Mom said as she smiled at the three musketeers. "It's nice to have you boys here this holiday. Your parents happen to be me and my husband's friends and I invited them to stay here as well but it turns out they're still busy at the moment."

"Yes, Your Highness. They're sorting out their businesses but they promised that they'd be here for Christmas," Alec said.

"That's lovely. I'd love to have them," she said and looked very pleased. "And please, call me Aunt Beatrice."

Alec, Matthew and Charles smiled at her and headed upstairs as well.

"So, I think we should all sit down first," my mom said which made me even more nervous.

We all sat down and I couldn't help but fidget with my fingers but Nate grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"I'm actually very glad that you two are getting along very fine now and that you're going out," she said with a smile. "But it would really be best if you two tell me or your father so that we could avoid you two being harassed by the paparazzi. You two should have guards accompanying you all the time."

"Mom," I groaned. "We didn't get hurt. It's fine."

"But what if you did?" she asked.

I stopped myself from saying anything while Nate was just constantly squeezing my hand.

"Alright, you two better take a bath and change as well," my mom said and Nate and I walked up the stairs. 

Nate went to his room to take a bath and I was left alone in my room. I prepared a warm bath and put a lovely bath bomb inside. I do love my bath bombs.

I was soaking in the "dreamy lavender froth for sweet dreams", I decided to read a magazine preferably one without my face plastered on it. Once I was done, I realized that I forgot to bring clothes to the bathroom so I went outside to fetch some but shrieked when I saw Nate on the bed.

"Lovely view," he said with a smirk.

"Perv," I said, clutching the towel tighter as I walked towards my closet, his eyes never leaving me.

"No seriously," he teased. "It is such a lovely view."

"Shut up," I said and headed to the bathroom. 

As I was about to start changing into the clothes that I got, I almost slapped myself when I realized that I forgot my underwear. I wrapped the towel around me again and went outside.

"Hmm, forget something huh munchkin?" Nate asked. 

I glared at him and looked through my drawers for something but was stopped when Nate cleared his throat.

"What?" I asked and turned around.

"You probably need this, munchkin," he said and looked at his hand holding the lace white panty that he got when we first arrived. I glared at him and snatched it from his hand while he kept laughing.

Once I've finally dressed fully, I left the bathroom to see that Nate was watching a movie.

"What movie is on?" I asked as I climbed beside him on the bed.

"Kingsman," he said and wrapped his arms around me, making me scoot further beside him.

He placed his chin on the top of my head and said, "You smell lovely."

"You use that word a lot," I teased.

"That's because you're just so... lovely. You're so lovely," he said and hugged me even tighter.

"Thanks for today," I said. "It was so... lovely."

"Nice," he commented on the fact that I used 'lovely'. "It was my pleasure."

We were silent for a few minutes and just watched the movie.

"I love this movie," he said.

"Me too," I whispered.

"You know what else I love?" he asked.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"I love the fact that you're watching this with me and I love the fact that you're in my arms as cheesy as it is. I also love the fact that I got to spend the day with you and kiss you under the rain. And I love you, Isabella," he whispered.

I decided to face him and kiss him. It was sweet and short but it made the day even better.

"Yep, definitely love this," he said with a smirk. "My munchkin."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

AUTHORS NOTE:

Guess my nationality. :)

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE

love, Alex

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 9.7K 31
Aesha Camarell, typical school girl with two best buddies. Cole Rogenson, school heart throb andone of the most popular guys. Aesha Camarell, has two...
2.5M 157K 57
"This book is therapy!" - Abbieking86 "I want to shoot my left knee cap," Elliot said. "A natural response. Is it because you favor your right?" Tri...
4.2M 97.7K 44
(Watty Awards Finalist - Trailer inside) My life is far from normal. I may act like a normal teenage girl during the day, but I'm the most fearful st...
Always ✔ By KIRA

Teen Fiction

286K 11.6K 51
[COMPLETED] Logan and I were the nerds of Whitney High but it's not like we cared. I was his other half and he was mine. Best friends - we called ea...