spotlight ✧ s.w.

By jckseunie

"You sure you want to do this?" He cupped my face. "I've never been more certain," I smiled up at him. More

one
two
four
five
CHARACTERS!
six
hi. it's been a while :)

three

4.2K 110 24
By jckseunie

Sam stayed with me as we dropped off the guys in Times Square. He insisted we hurry on to start our date, and I did not object.

"Wow, this is beautiful. How did you do this?" I awed once we entered the restaurant.

The table was in a different room, away from everyone else. It was right beside the window, the sun gleaming through the glass and illuminating the room. Around us, small lights littered the room. A single sunflower was placed on my plate, and I gasped, surprised he already remembered my favorite flower.

"I called while you were getting ready. They were nice enough to let me use this whole room. Do you like it?" He shoved his hands in his pant pockets.

"I love it," I grinned.

"That's good to hear," He let out a breath, causing me to giggle.

"So I never did get to ask how you became a model," He chuckled, pulling out my seat for me.

"It was a long process of begging my mother," I laughed. "But, eventually she gave in and I started at the age of fourteen. At that time, she was getting recognition for her work, so it brought offers for me. And it all kind of just went great from there. I'm thankful she caved in, because then I wouldn't be here."

"And on a date with me," He blushed.

"That's true," I giggled.

"Oh, about the music video," He looked up at me. "It's actually going to be shot in Los Angeles. My manager emailed yours about details and stuff."

"Alright, I'll make sure to call her about flights to LA," I smiled.

The food came fairly fast and we dug in, wasting no time. Lunch was full of laughs and sharing our old memories to give each other a feel of our background. Sam talked about his life back in Omaha, while I talked about being a New York native, who every few weeks has to check up on the LA office with her mother.

"So you go back and forth often?" He looked surprised.

"Yeah," I swallowed my food. "It's my mom and I, or one of us. I'm going this year, actually. I love it, because Los Angeles is like my home away from home."

"The guys and I were planning on moving there, but now I kind of want to move to New York." He smirked at me. I chuckled, sipping on my water.

"Oh that reminds me! How long are you guys going to be in New York for?"

"Maybe a week or two - oh, my bad. Did you need your place back? I'm sorry - shit, that was so inconsiderate of me. The boys and I can leave immediately - "

"No, no!" I placed my hands out to get him to stop rambling. "It's ok, Sam. I just wanted to know, that's all," I giggled.

He let out a sigh of relief, a small chuckle escaping his lips. We continued to chat, and soon our lunch came to an end.

"You wanna go get some ice cream?" He smirked. I nodded eagerly, even though it's around forty degrees. Sam chuckled at my childish behavior and tugged on his seatbelt.

"Wait," He stopped mid buckle. "What the hell am I saying? I don't even know where to go."

I burst out laughing at his scrunched up eyebrows and confused expression and patted his chest.

"I got ya," I giggled. "I know a good ice cream parlor."

"I'll take your word for it," He chuckled. As soon as I merged onto the busy street, I began to think.

Sam wasn't like other guys. He wasn't interested in the 'model' me, he wanted to actually get to know me. He took note of my favorite flower, then put effort into our first date. Guys I've met in the past wouldn't even go that far; they'd just want to hook up right away. But, I just wasn't like that. I wanted to take dating slow, because in the end I was always hurt.

"Ro? Ro!" Sam snapped me out of my thoughts, causing me to turn my head towards him.

"Yeah?" I smiled, trying to recollect myself.

"You seemed a little out of it, you okay?" He placed his hand on my arm. I nodded, a small smile on my face.

Just then, my phone started to ring through my car's bluetooth. The caller ID read 'Momma' and I had to answer.

"Sorry," I mouthed to him.

"It's cool," He smiled back.

"Hey, mom. What's up?" I pressed accept from my steering wheel.

"Sweetheart! Are you busy right now?"

"I actually am. Sorry."

"Are you with Charlie?"

"Nope, with another friend," I lightly smiled at Sam and he chuckled.

"Oh? And who is this other friend?" I could hear the playful tone in my mother's voice.

"His name is Sam. He can hear you, by the way," I giggled.

"Hello, Sam! I'm Rose's mother," She perked.

I playfully rolled my eyes, as Sam replied, "Hello, Mrs. Walters."

"Please just call me Elizabeth!" I could hear the smile behind her voice. "Anyway, Ro, I have all your designs ready and made! If you two aren't too busy, stop by the office and take a look."

Before I could even reply, Sam beat me to it. "Rose will be there! Is it alright if I tagged along?"

"Of course! I'd love to me - "

"Okay, bye mom!" I rushed out and quickly hung up before she could utter out a word.

"Why'd you do that, Rosalie?" Sam stifled his laughter. 

"Oh shut up, you know why," I laughed. "This is how it'll go--she'll see you, smile, kiss you on the cheek, and drag on how you could potentially be my boyfriend."

"Well, I wouldn't complain if I was," He winked. I blushed, smacking his arm.

"Who knew you could hit like that," He frowned, rubbing his arm. I blew on my nails and brushed it against my shoulder, playing along.

We pulled up to my mother's building and greeted Clark as we walked in. He slung his arm over my shoulders, and I turned a rose color. The elevator doors opened and to my surprise, Dylan was standing beside Charlie.

"Hey, guys!" Char wiggled her eyebrows towards Sam and I.

Sam waved at her, "Hey Charlie. Dylan, right? What's up, man?"

"Yeah, hey. Sam, right? I'm great, I'm great. Thanks." The two boys shook hands.

"Ms. Walters, I just brought up the clothes. It's in your mother's office right now," Dylan politely reminded me.

"Oh god, please just call me Rosalie. Ms. Walters makes it sound like you're talking to my mother." Everyone laughed, as Dylan nodded. The elevator opened to the basement and Dylan left, leaving us three.

"You two would be so cute," I smirked at Charlie.

"Think so? He just seems too focused on his job," Char frowned.

"Because he's new, Char. Derek is probably being tough on him."

The doors opened to the top floor and Sam placed his arm around my waist. One of my mother's office doors open, causing me to scrunch my eyebrows. Charlie looked confused too, as we both know she never leaves her doors open for people to see. Kelly smiled at us and I refrained from asking.

"Mom?" I slowly stepped in. She popped up from behind a clothing rack, making us three jump.

"Sorry," She laughed. "I was just picking up a shirt."

Charlie ran to the rack, already scanning something to take. Of course.

"Oh, you must be Sam! You are very handsome," She smiled, kissing his cheek.

"Thank you, Ms. Wal - oh, Elizabeth," He corrected himself.

We spent almost two hours sorting through the clothes and making notes on the stitching. Overall, the clothes were perfect and would be ready to ship in a few days when the final adjustments were made.

I pulled up to the ice cream parlor and smiled to myself as Sam looked at the sign in curiosity.

"When did you find this place?" He asked as we got out of the car.

"A few years back. They opened in 2011, but I was invited to a party the shop hosted in 2012. Ever since, they had my heart. I think other than Ben & Jerry's, this is the only ice cream I've eaten," I looked up at Sam. He wrapped an arm around my waist, ushering us inside.

"Rosalie, is that you?" One of the owners, Bryan, gasped.

"Bryan!" I smiled widely. "How are you?"

"I'm very well!" He smiled back. His eyes then focused on Sam, his attention towards the blonde boy.

"Who's your friend, Rosie?" He smirked at me.

I playfully rolled my eyes, "Bry, this is Sam Wilkinson. Sam, this is Bryan Petroff, one of the owners of this shop."

"Nice to meet you," Sam and Bryan shook hands.

"What are you two gonna have today?" Bryan walked back behind the counter, smiling brightly at us.

"I'll have my usual!"

"Gotcha. And for you, Sammy boy?"

"I'll try what Ro gets," He smiled at me. Bryan looked at me with a teasing smile and I shot him a look.

"Coming right up," Bryan grabbed two cones, starting the swirl.

I looked at Sam expectantly while he took a bite out of his ice cream. His eyes lit up, causing me to smile.

"So?" I dragged out the vowel.

"It's really good," He mumbled through a mouthful of ice cream. I squealed, jumping in my seat.

"Told you," I smirked.

After finishing up our ice cream, I bid goodbye to Bryan, promising I'd come back soon. I shivered as we stepped out into the chilly streets and into my car.

"Home?" I asked him. He nodded, buckling in.

The drive to the ice cream parlor was far from my building, so it took a while to get home. However, Sam's company eased my stress level through the traffic, making the drive much more enjoyable.

"Today was great. Thank you," I smiled once I pulled into my parking space.

"Of course," He grinned, grabbing my hand. "Rose, I know we just met, but I really like you. I don't know if you've read about me online, but I swear, I'm a good guy."

"I really like you, too, Sam." My cheeks turned a pinky red as I bit my lip. He looked at me intently, then down to my lips, and back up to my eyes. I could see him start leaning forward, so I mirrored his actions. Before he could even get close to my face, his phone started ringing.

Sam cussed under his breath, smiling sheepishly at me and muttering out an apology. I lightly laughed and turned my head slightly to face my window.

"Hello?" He huffed, annoyance apparent in his voice. "What do you idiots want? Wait, he what? Goddammit, G, why weren't you looking after him?" He continued to argue with-from what I heard-was Gilinsky. Five minutes later, Sam hung up with a stressed out expression etched onto his features.

"What's wrong?"

"It's Nate. He's wasted," Sam sighed.

"Do they need you there?"

"I think so. I'm used to his behavior when he gets drunk so I'm usually the one to take care of him. Other times it's Jack J."

"Alright, let's go," I started up my car and headed out of the building's garage. Sam directed me to the bar the guys ended up in, which was in Brooklyn.

"How the hell did they end up in Brooklyn?" I chuckled. "We dropped them off at Times Square," I trailed off.

"I don't even know," Sam laughed along with me. As soon as the bar came into view, Nate was slumped over a seated Johnson. There was one more boy with them, on the phone.

"We're so sorry if we interrupted your date," Gilinsky ran over once Sam and I exited the car.

"It's cool, Jack. Really," I smiled. Sam and Jack G slung Nate's arms over their shoulders and into-I assumed-the other boy's car.

"By the way, Rose, this is Cameron. He's a very close friend-practically family." Johnson introduced us while the boys buckled Nate in.

"You guys know Rosalie Walters? Well shit," Cam blushed as he smiled at me. I giggled, waving. He stuck out his hand towards me and I shook it.

"So, who's riding with who?" Cam looked between us all.

"I'll go with Cam. Nate might throw up in the backseat," Sam rolled his eyes. Gilinsky went with them as well, and Johnson wanted to ride with me. J and I hopped in, waiting for Cam, then headed back to my place.

"How was your date?" Johnson teased.

I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't help it and smiled, "It was really great. He's a great guy."

"We all may have known you for two days, but you're gonna be good for him. You're an amazing girl, Ro."

"Thanks, Jack." I smiled.

Twenty minutes later and we're back at my place, laughing with each other and eating some Chinese take-out. Cam told me about himself, and we got to know each other a lot more while the guys took care of Nate. He left a little later to catch a flight back to LA.

"I'll see you dudes in a week! Rose, hopefully we see each other once you come to LA. We can hang out," He smiled.

"Yeah, for sure! Have a safe flight Cam," I hugged him, and he waved back to all of us.

Nate was still passed out in one of the rooms, while the rest of us sat in my living room watching TV. My legs rested on Gilinsky's lap while my back was against Sam's side. His arm draped over my shoulders.

My eyes slowly fluttered shut due to being up so early, and the last thing I remembered was Sam placing a kiss on my forehead.

Oh boy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 4.7K 39
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
564K 2.2K 62
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
542K 48.9K 34
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
42.2K 2.1K 50
Fallon's sole ambition in life is to escape her miserable hometown once and for all. She dreams of driving away in her convertible and leaving her pa...