stubborn ✧ s.w. / n.m.

By jckseunie

"Not until you admit it, sweet cheeks." More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty three
twenty four
CHARACTERS!
hi. it's been a while :)

twenty two

6.4K 146 38
By jckseunie

changed the title to "s.w. / n.m." bc i suddenly had nate feels 3 weeks ago 

sorry if you don't agree, but i just felt like something new needed to happen considering it was a mix of some mushy/drama-filled chapters :)

lily's outfit is on the side again

______

5 months later

"Babe, have you seen my black jeans?"

"No, but you probably left it on the damn floor. God, Nate, you really need to clean your room," I yelled from his kitchen.

"I don't see the point, baby girl. We spend so much time in there," He smirked, walking to where I was. I blushed, smacking his arm.

It's been five months since I told Nate I wanted him. I couldn't have been happier. And what he told Nash was right-he hasn't let me slip from his fingers. I've fallen deeply for Nate, and he did so much to help me through Sam and I's breakup. He gave me time and just let me cry over Sam and vent. A few weeks later, he finally had the courage to ask me out and I did not hesitate to answer.

As for Sam, he and Liza were happy. I could tell his smile was genuine when he was with her, and it also made me happy that he moved on. It's better that way--no drama and no threats from Liza. He stopped hanging around with us almost immediately, but it was for the best. We've barely seen each other around school, but when we do, it's like we don't know each other. It's better that way.

"Are you doing okay, babe?" He spun me around on the stool and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Better than I've ever been if I'm being honest. Thank you. For everything," I kissed his nose.

"Anything for my girl," He leaned down and kissed me tenderly on the lips, but I pulled him in closer by holding the back of his head. I felt him smile and squeeze my hips.

"Okay, we get it, you two." A voice entered the kitchen, making me jump and pull away from Nate.

"What do you want, Gilinsky? Shouldn't you be out with Serena?" They were doing well and were very happy. Once he followed through with the Disneyland dinner date, she fell harder for him. As did he.

"She's out dress shopping with Blair. Why didn't you go?"

"I had to stay here and help this idiot. But we didn't even clean anything. He refused," I glared up at Nate.

"Hey, is it bad to spend some time with my girlfriend?"

"You're together every day!" Gilinsky laughed. I agreed and rolled my eyes.

"And if I don't get a good prom dress, it's all on you," I pursed my lips.

"Knock, knock!" Someone opened Nate's front door. We peeked our heads out from the kitchen to see Shawn.

"You'll never guess who texted me."

"A girl?"

"Obama?"

"Matt?"

"Definitely not a girl," Shawn scoffed. "And why the fuck would Obama text me? Nah, it's not Matt either."

"Who?" We asked in unison.

"Sam. Said he wants us all to come to his party later."

We all looked at each other, then the boys averted their gazes toward me. I shrugged, not feeling phased anymore.

"If you guys want to, let's go." I smiled genuinely.

"You sure about this, Lil?" Nate looked at me, worry present in his eyes.

"I am," I firmly said. "But the question is, are you? I mean, you two haven't spoken since that day." I rubbed his arm comfortingly.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"Okay then," I spun around to face G and Shawn. "We're going."

I left the guys shortly after, needing to get ready. Since I showered this morning, I took less time than usual. I left my hair in its wavy mess, doing a half-up braid.

I left my eye makeup natural, using nude and rose eyeshadows with a few coats of mascara. My lips were lined perfectly with my everyday lip liner. I added some bronzer and highlighter.

As for my outfit, I left it casual. I was wearing distressed black mom shorts, a white ribbed crop top, and a chain choker. I hopped on one foot as I shoved my feet into my Nike high-top sneakers, then grabbed my purse and bounded down the stairs. 

"Hey guys," I smiled at my parents, who were watching TV. I saw Shawn sitting on the island, stuffing himself with chips.

"Oh hey honey," Dad smiled at me.

"Shawn and I are gonna go over to Sam's. We'll be back a little late."

"Alright, take care you two. Love you!" We kissed our parents' cheeks and ran out the door.

Nate sat in his car, already waiting for us. I jumped into the passenger seat and kissed his cheek, earning a loud groan from Shawn.

"If you're so grossed out, get a girlfriend!" I teased.

"Not that easy, L," He frowned from the back seat.

"Hey, you're handsome! It's totally easy for you," I turned around and smiled at him. He smiled back at me, and I patted his knee.

About ten minutes later, we pulled up to the party, seeing a crowded house. Cars littered the curbs and lights illuminated the big house. One thing we can all agree on is that Sam knows how to throw a party.

"He outdid himself again," The three of us gawked, standing in front of the house. Girls ran around in bikinis, drunk off their asses.

Nate entwined his fingers with mine, giving it a good squeeze. I turned to him and saw his eyes held a worried and nervous expression. To assure him nothing will happen, I cupped his cheek and kissed him passionately.

"Don't be nervous," I breathed. "I'm yours." His forehead leaned against mine, and he nodded.

"Guys! You made it!" Cam and Matt approached us, a beer in their hands.

"And you two already have drinks in your hands," I pretended to act surprised.

"Babe!" Serena and Blair ran out. I hugged both of them, complimenting their outfits. We all hurried inside as Sam was apparently going to start a speech.

"Yo, I need everyone's attention!" Sam smiled brightly atop his counter. "I'm honored to host this party tonight. It's not only the party before prom, but the party of our senior year. But, I do see some juniors and underclassmen, so hope y'all enjoy too! Drink up and have fun! And thank you for comin'!" He cheered, and just then, his eyes averted toward Nate and I. Liza clung to his arm when he climbed off the counter, looking better than she did a few months ago. Her caked-up makeup was just a light layer now, and she wasn't wearing high-ass heels anymore.

"Let's go to another room," Nate whispered to me. I nodded, leading him right into the living room.

"Lil!" Johnson cheered, getting up from the couch.

"Hey, J!" I let go of Nate's hand, hugging my best friend. Nate excused himself to get some drinks, and I told him I'd stay put.

"How are you?" Jack J pulled back, staring into my eyes.

My brows furrowed, "I'm good, J. You?"

"No, like how are you in this situation?"

"I'm okay, really. He's happy, and so am I. I don't want any more problems, you know?" He nodded, sitting back on the couch.

"Lily! How ya doin' babe?" One of Mike's friends slurred.

"Hey," I laughed, taking a sip out of my cup of water. "I'm good, Johnny. You?"

"Fuckin' great," He extended the letter 'r' in great.

"That's good," J and I failing to stifle our laughs. You see, Johnny was always like this at parties. It was hilarious, and he knew it as well. He waved goodbye and stumbled through Sam's halls, probably to throw up or find a girl.

"How long have you been here?" I looked at J.

"An hour, maybe a little less. The gang was invited through Shawn, which didn't make sense considering Shawn wanted to bust Sam's face in not too long ago. Are they cool now or what?"

"I don't know," I laughed. "But whatever, if they're cool, that's great." I smiled.

He was about to say something, but something or someone caught his attention. His eyes wandered behind me, and he wouldn't tear his gaze away from whatever it was.

"What?" I turned around, only to look up at Sam. I mentally cursed, but apparently it was out loud since Sam chuckled.

"Oh shit," I said, embarrassed.

"Could I talk to you for a few minutes?" He mumbled, staring between Johnson and I.

I looked at J for help. He subtly nodded and looked back up at Sam. "Uh, sure." I stood up from the couch and followed Sam out to his backyard. There were definitely fewer people wandering around. We sat in the chairs at his parents' outside dining table.

It was silent for a few minutes until he spoke up. "How are you?"

"Good," I looked at him very briefly. "What did you want to talk about, Sam? I have to get back to Nate."

"Please wait, Lil. I just wanted to know how you were doing, that's all," He sighed.

"You asked me. I answered. Now, can I go?" I sighed as well.

"Will you stop being so damn stubborn and just listen?" He spoke with such aggravation. I rolled my eyes, sitting back down.

"I miss you, Lil. I miss our friendship and I miss just being able to talk to you," He looked down at his fingers.

"So what the hell do you want me to do about it?" I scrunched my brows together.

"It means I want you back, L! God, I miss you so much." He went to grab my hands, but I pulled away before he could do it. His expression broke my heart, and I knew it crushed him even more.

"D-don't you want to get back together? Liza's changed. She not the bitch she used to be, and she won't get in between us, anymore!"

"That doesn't matter! I can't just break up with Nate and get back together with you! I don't know if you've noticed, Sam, but I'm extremely happy with him. He didn't put me through the shit you did. Unlike Nate, you kept leading me on, and when Liza was around you acted as if nothing ever happened between us. So don't fucking start this again, because I'm done." I felt something wet land on my hands. I didn't realize I was crying.

"Move on." I sniffled. "I did."

I got up from my seat and walked away from Sam, not bothering to listen to what he had to say. I was actually proud of myself because I didn't fall back under his spell. I was truly happy with Nate, and if Sam is pissed that I'm happy, then he does not deserve another chance.

_____

"Are you sure you're okay, angel?" Nate asked for the millionth time in the past hour.

I had gone to find Nate as soon as I came in from the backyard and told him about what happened with Sam. He looked absolutely nervous, but I reassured him Sam and I were not getting back together, which relieved him of some stress.

Now, we sat on the couch in the living room, talking with friends and having laughs as I was seated on his lap.

I giggled, taking his face in my hands and kissing him deeply in response. I pulled away slowly, letting my taste linger on his lips just a little longer. His eyes were still closed, and his breathing was choppy.

"Fuck," He ran his hand through his hair.

"Does that answer your question?" I looked at him, slightly amused.

"Hell yeah, it does," He laughed.

"God, you two are the cutest things ever!" Blair slurred. Cam laughed at her, kissing her temple and keeping her at his hip. Now, they were the cutest thing ever.

"Thank god we all have designated drivers, tonight. I can't take having to take care of you guys, anymore," I rolled my eyes at my friends.

"But I'm fun to take care of," Nash looked up from his phone. Surprisingly, he didn't get drunk tonight, which also shocked our other classmates.

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that, Grier," I laugh.

"I am!" He huffed.

The party was beginning to die down, but our group hadn't left yet, seeing as Sam talked Nash into having us stay behind. Why? I wouldn't fucking know. As guests filed out of the house and into their cars, Sam appeared in the living room, with Liza at his side.

Nate gripped onto my hip tightly, as if I would be torn away from his grasp. I turned my head towards Nate and pecked him again, seeing as that was the only way to calm him down.

"Uh," Sam cleared his throat. "I just want to thank you guys personally for coming tonight. I know we haven't spoken in a couple of months, but I still consider you guys my best friends. Hopefully, we can all get together again, and I hope you had fun tonight." He glanced over at me, and I turned my head away, looking at Nate.

"Sure, man," Nash sighed, standing up from his spot. "Lil, can I go home with you guys tonight? My family left for the weekend."

Nate and I nodded, and we took Nash's hint as a cue to leave. The rest of the gang got up as well, Sam and Liza standing there awkwardly.

"Thanks for the invite, bro," Nate smiled lightly at Sam, his grip on my waist tight.

"Yeah, no problem, see you guys around."

Everyone bid goodnight to the two, while I stayed absolutely quiet until I hopped into the driver's seat of Nate's car. Nash shoved a sober but tired Shawn into the backseat.

"Tell me again why you gotta drive?" Nate chuckled.

"Because you drank, idiot," I laughed but looked past Nate's head towards Sam, who was sitting on his porch steps looking at me. My smile slowly vanished, so I finally turned on the engine and sped out of there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 454 48
Sometimes, I still need you.
30.5K 138 26
This is a book where you can request an imagine with any youtuber of your choice. All you have to do is send me a private message. Doing them all! :)
190K 4.1K 27
that's all she heard. "Ava, don't" but it just made her want to even more. and she wasn't sure if that was the worst, or best mistake of her life. ~...
15.8K 220 55
"I can't do this anymore"