She's My Moon Goddess

By dancesxwithxwords

. More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Note From The Author // IMPORTANT

Chapter Five

3.4K 157 6
By dancesxwithxwords

Riley Evans POV

"Mine."

I inhaled my mates sweet scent again and nuzzled my face into her neck. 

I felt someone approach me from behind and I growled in warning at them.

"Ri?" Eli asked cautiously.

I peeked out from my mates neck and saw her looking at me with a confused, happy, but confused face.

I heard Eli clear his throat awkwardly and my attention turned back to him. I realized with a start that I was still latched onto my mates body, and every one was sort of just staring at us awkwardly. I removed my hands from her body, instantly feeling a withdrawal.

I turned to face my Beta and the arrogant Alpha, and upon further inspection there was also a blonde girl standing a bit away's from where my mate had been previously standing. 

Eli was standing by the staircase, his cheeks were tinted pink and he looked very awkward with his hand on the back of his neck and his eyes flitting between me and my mate.

Alpha Rockstein was standing completely still his face chalk white staring wide eyed his gaze shifting between us, similar to what Eli was doing.

The Blondie was looking back and forth between us with a small smirk tracing her lips. As if she knew something we all didn't. It was irritating.

I cleared my throat awkwardly, remembering that the reason we had come down here was to settle a fight. "Uhhh...so, what was the issue here Alpha Rockstein and..?" I asked turning to my mate with a questioning look. I felt embarrassed instantly at not knowing my mates name, but the embarrassment vanished when she flushed pink at my eyes on her. My eyes flickered to Blondie as she started to speak with an eye roll and a small smile.

"Alpha Ava Sontiya--" A growl escaped Alpha Rockstein's lips and I cut him off quickly with a sharp warning look. She glared at him and continued, "of the Blood Sisters Pack, and I'm her Beta, Faith Harries." She finished.

My eyes widened a bit, my eyes landing on my mate, Ava, once more. Upon realization that she was the legendary Alpha, who ran an independent pack of female wolves who had been hurt or needed refuge from males. She had quite a few Alpha's daughters in her pack, so she wasn't necessarily very popular amongst them, not to mention the nasty rumours her father liked to spread about her. To say I was a fan was an understatement. 

"So, uh, Alpha Rockstein and Alpha Sontiya, what seems to be the problem?" I ask, shaking myself from my trance, turning my gaze back to the fat red faced man. His face had gone back to his natural tomato state.

"That, that, tramp should NOT be here! She is no Alpha, she deserves to rot in the mud with her true kind, rogues!"

In a flash I was at his throat, my eyes glowing swirling dark stormy gray and blue as my wolf started to come out.

"Do. NOT. Talk. About. My. Mate. Like. That."

His eyes flashed with fear and his wolf whimpered. His eyes dropped and he tilted his neck up to me in submission. I stepped back my eyes still glowing and turned to the other wolves in the room. My eyes landed on Ava, my Ava, and I felt my wolf fade. I cleared my throat again and began to speak to him over my shoulder.

"Alpha Rockstein if any other violence is shown, to anybody, while you are on my territory, you will no longer be welcome here. Permanently." I say without the decency of facing him. "Get out of my sight." I finished coldly.

I heard him scuttle out of the room and my attention snapped back to my moon goddess. A smile instantly traced my lips.

"I apologize, Ava," god her name felt so good on my lips, "I assure you, he will no longer be a problem. Oh goddess, what is wrong with me, you don't even know my name. I am Riley, Alpha Riley Evans, this is my territory." I nod my head towards Eli, "And that is my second, Eli Banks..." I trailed off. I didn't really know where to go from here, though I certainly knew what my wolf wanted me to do. That hoe.

Blond- erm, Faith answered my awkward introduction.

"Well what an introduction. We are pleased to meet you, some of us more than others." She says with a smirk, nudging Ava. The nudge seemed to make Ava snap out of her blank state and the next thing she blurted made me be unsure whether to whimper at her coldness or jump with glee at the sound of her angelic voice.

"How the hell is this even possible?!" She blurted.

My brows furrowed as it suddenly dawned on me. My mate was a girl. I had been so caught up in her perfection and the happiness my wolf felt, that it hadn't occurred to me that this wasn't normal.

I was lost to my thoughts as I pondered her words. I mean, I had never really been interested in guys, but I had been waiting for my mate, so it didn't matter. I scoured my brain thinking of any time I had been remotely attracted to guys, and couldn't find one. I guess it didn't really matter now anyways though.

Because she was already mine.

∆∆∆∆∆

Ava Sontiya POV

"How the hell is this even possible?!"

I almost felt the urge to slap a hand over my mouth, but didn't because all I could manage at the moment was staring at the gorgeous thing in front of me. The way her eyes looked like an actual storm when her wolf emerged had me thinking about how she was like a guardian angel, protecting me even though we had only met seconds ago.

I watched her face as emotions flicked across her face.

First pure joy and excitement, then sadness and rejection, then confusion, and then acceptance.

I had finally managed to shut my mouth and gulped down hard trying to rid myself of the dry feeling in my throat.

"What I meant is... I've never heard of this happening. I had no idea this was possible. It's one of the main reasons I left my fathers pack, he was planning a pack alliance and I knew I could never be with a male, so I left... I just assumed I would never have a mate..." I trailed off thoughtfully grimacing slightly at the thought of mating a male, especially one I would never love. But I would never have to worry about that again.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." My guardian angel said quietly.

"Well." Her beta, Eli, clapped his hands together and cleared his throat. "This has been all very confusing and exhausting, so why don't we get you ladies upstairs to your rooms, and Ri, I am happy to take over for the afternoon... Let you," his eyes flickered to me, "get yourself sorted out."

He grabbed Faith and I's bags and headed up the stairs gesturing for us to follow. I got about halfway up the stairs before I couldnt resist turning and looking back, to see Riley staring off in deep thought.

As if she sensed me watching her, her gaze snapped up and she smirked mischievously.

I felt my face burn red, as my head whipped back around and I continued up the staircase.

Oh goddess. I had a mate.

UPDATE 02/02/16

This chapter has been edited and slightly rewritten. I advise that you go back and reread if you haven't already, but it hasn't been changed all that much so you don't have to if you don't want to :) Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 24.7K 49
He was the alpha of one of the strongest packs across the world. Everybody was afraid of him and curious to know who was his mate, but there was a se...
22.8M 547K 32
"Y-your H-highness? I-i'm sorry b-but t-there m-must b-be a-a m-mistake..." A loud growl sounded through the whole ballroom causing me to start shaki...
183K 4K 33
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
684K 15.6K 37
19 year old werewolf, Madeline Night has never had life handed to her. When her parents left her at the young age of 7 she learned quickly that she w...