Midnight Luna (#Wattys2015)

By _LightBringer_

Outcast. Bullied. Hated. Rejected. This was Hailey Johnson's life and she hated it. She takes a stand and dec... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Author's Note

Chapter Thirty-Two

6.5K 266 21
By _LightBringer_

Hailey's POV

The moon that was nice and bright only a few seconds back, now hid behind thick clouds leaving everything down here in utter darkness. The huge trees of the forests stood above like a dark hooded figure the really looked scary. The night was silent, not a single creature made a sound. Even the soft blow of the wind was nonexistent. I shivered involuntary and waited for someone to speak.

I was still wearing the clothes from my date. How could this day be so good one second and turn into a nightmare in seconds. The red head woman stood at a distance from me with her back towards me. I still couldn't figure out who or what she was doing her. My patience was running thin yet I kept my calm. She eventually turned towards me and smiled.

"Well I guess I should start by introducing myself. My name is Hena and I knew your father very well." She said. I swear I saw her sniff a little. So this is the infamous Hena who ruined my entire life and made me an orphan. It's finally nice to put a name to that face. My wolf growled in hatred and wanted to sink her claws into her.

"I know you must hate me." She said. I snorted, "you think." I couldn't hold the anger anymore. "You are the cause I never grew up with my parents. I never got to know who I really am."

"Hailey I know I did such horrible things to you and your family but I was not in my right senses. Please just listen to what I have to say and I swear after that whatever you're decision is ill accept it." I could hear desperation in her voice so I just gave curt nod for her to continue.

"Elijah." She whispered his name with so much emotion. She looked straight me and said, "He was everything to me. I needed him like a flower needs the sun. He was the love of my life. When we were together it felt the world was heaven and nothing less. He was the best warlock ever and the man of my dreams. All those years we spent in hiding were perhaps the days I wished I could relive. He took care of me and Esme and never even complained. When the tribes found us I was glad and thought that maybe now I could settle down with him and start a new life. I thought of many ways to attract his attention to me but he was so busy just getting the tribe settled." She said with a small smile on her face.

"And then your mother came." She said with sadness and bit of anger. My wolf growled at her for speaking of my mother in that tone but she didn't hear it. "She was so beautiful that he couldn't keep away from her. And what made it even worse was they were mates and he wanted only her and I was left back. I was heartbroken because I lost the love of my life. It felt all those years meant nothing anymore. Every time I saw them together laughing or mingling with the tribe I died each time. Your mother was someone nobody could hate, everyone loved her instantly. I was clouded by my anger and I left the tribe hating both of them with every ounce of my body." She turned away but not before I saw tears escape her eyes. She looked so devastated and sad, but no matter what I couldn't feel any sympathy for her. I just looked at her with no emotion.

"Logan found me when I had crossed the borders of Mexico. I was sick, hungry and tired. At first I had no idea who he was, but he knew me. He helped me to regain my strength and at the same time he grilled me about my past and I told him. And that's when he started telling me his intentions for the world and how he wanted to control every supernatural being on this planet. He fueled my mind with hatred and made me use my powers to find these creatures and threatened them on his side. I had no idea that he was torturing them because he would just tell me to track them and then he'll leave me in his house. And when I found him torturing a fairy in the dungeons I was furious and attacked him. I told him that I was never going to help him anymore." She said gritting her teeth in anger.

"But then he threatened to kill Elijah and the tribe. I could never live with myself if he did anything to him. So I helped and was equally responsible for the lives of all those innocent who died trying to stand against him. I did all those horrible things just saw I could keep Logan away from Jane and Elijah." She turned back to me and her glassy eyes were filled with rejection and loss.

"Years later, I had fully developed as a witch and was self aware of my powers. My magic was dark so my aura changed from pure to bloodthirsty and I had no control of it. And the thing about dark magic is it creates an alter ego that can show me glimpses of the future. That's when I knew that your parents were married and you, their future child would finally put an end to Logan's madness. I was never so glad to know that you could be my redemption. I was elated knowing that Elijah's offspring could actually save the world." She looked at me and I swear she looked at me with pride.

"But I was betrayed, by the only person in that house I thought was looking out for me. Her name was Mia and she was my maid. All those years she was so kind to me that I trusted her with everything and I told her about you and what you could do to save all the species. But unfortunately she told Logan and the next thing I hear is that he has gone to kill Elijah and Jane and their child. I couldn't live with myself if I lost Elijah and in that rage I killed Mia and didn't feel any remorse. I followed Logan but was too late." She fell on her knees and huge tears fell from her eyes.

"He had killed every one of my people and I could do nothing to stop it. The sight of blood and seeing all those I knew and lived with dead made me want to hurl. And that's when I noticed your father lying near the woods. He was still breathing and there was blood everywhere. I couldn't save I tried everything. I used ever magic I could think of to save him, but his injuries' were too deep. I have never felt so helpless in my life. I cradled him and he looked at me with kindness and love. He didn't blame me at all yet I couldn't forgive myself. This was my fault, I kept asking his forgiveness but he just shushed me and told me I had nothing to do with this. It was fate and no one can change fate. He just cupped my cheek and smiled telling me he was glad to see me alive and safe. Even when he was lying there dying he was worried about me that great your father was." She said holding her chest in pain. I couldn't stop my tears and I cried for my father. He was indeed the most kindred soul I have ever heard of. Hena looked so vulnerable that I walked and put my hand on her shoulder. I still hadn't forgiven her but if my father loved her then she may have some good in her.

"He made me feel so small yet he created a spark that had died long ago. In his last breathe he knew his mate was no more, I guess he could feel her absence in his soul. He made me promise that whatever happens I should keep his child safe. And in my arms I watched the only love of my life die in my arms." She looked at her hands in utter disbelief. I sat down a little away from her, with my knees to my chest and didn't stop my tears. I wanted to hear every bit of her story.

"I was broken and I could feel nothing. I took his body and completed the last rituals for a fallen witch. I vowed I would fulfill his wish and never let Logan near you. I found your pack and watched as the Luna took you under her wing. I cried when I saw you mothers lifeless body and I knew that I was doomed to hell but I would never let Logan near you, even if I died trying."

"And all these years I have misguided him whenever he looked for you. I had provided false magic and spells about you. For 18 years I made him chase a ghost and I thought I had succeed but then my plans were destroyed when I got caught tiring to hide you scent from them by Logan's henchmen. He called five other dark witches and they then forcefully tapped into my mind and dug up all that I hid about you. He tortured me yet I felt nothing. The pain made me feel satisfied that got exactly what I deserve. He didn't kill me because he knew I was the only one who could lead him to you. I convinced him that I was wrong and would never betray him again. I made him believe that I also held hatred towards you and hid you so I could kill you myself. That was only way he would let me out of the dungeon." She looked at me with guilt but I nodded in understanding.

"Few months I waited patiently to run away but never got the chance until last week. He sent us to kill the angel tribe and I couldn't go through with it anymore so I killed his men and told the tribe to relocate and I ran to find you. I needed you to hear me out; I needed you to know that I did everything in my power to stop him from finding you. I know you may never forgive me because your parents' death is in my hands and can never get rid of the red on my ledger but I want to make sure Logan pays for all he did." She stopped and sat up looking at me with her tear stained eyes. I knew my face looked the same but somehow I couldn't bring myself to forgive her. I felt sorry and appreciated what she did but still my heart couldn't let the pain go so easily.

"Hena." I said getting off the ground. "I thank you for all you've done for me and I appreciate you telling me the truth." I looked at her and suddenly anger bubbled inside me, "But I can never forgive you for all that you did to my family. I may try but for now I cannot and will not trust you. You can stay in the pack house but will not mingle with any member. They still don't know about my true self and like to keep that way for now." I snarled. She covered in fear and nodded. I turned to leave but stooped and faced her again.

"What do you know about Logan that can help us in defeating him?" I asked her curiously. And all of a sudden cunning almost sinister smiled decorated her face that made her look really scary. She laughed and looked at me with new confidence and I suddenly was in awe of this powerful witch in front of me.

"Enough to make him wish he never set foot on this earth."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 51.4K 30
BOOK ONE TO THE "Rejection Series" Ellie Martin had been harassed and ignored since the age of 13. She was once the child that always smiled, alwa...
426K 8.7K 28
She moved with a certain thoughtfulness about her. Every step was placed gently. Whether this is to disappear from those around her or to protect the...
644K 10K 28
Isabelle Slate had gone her whole life looking forward to finding her mate- the one who'd look after her, love her, and protect her. But when she's m...
1.3M 42.1K 31
[Rejection Series Book 2] "Me, your mate? As if. You're weak and the reason my parents are dead!" He scuffs at my face and then does the worst thing...