Learning to Love My Other Hal...

By Tristan-Walker

Not everything is as it seems. Meet Sam. He's your average, everyday jock. He likes to make crude jokes and b... More

1 - A Friend In Need
2 - A Moonlit Run
3 - A Meeting Unforeseen
4 - Rogues
5 - Morning Fun
6 - Table For Two
7 - An Evening Escapade
9 - The Funeral
10 - Luca
11 - An Obvious Choice
12 - "Closer, Faster" By Midnight
13 - A fearful Revelation
14 - Unexpected Visitors
15 - AndrΓ©as' Confession
16 - Saving Justin
17 - Like Father Like Son
Author's Note: 17.5 - A Magical Night
18 - Just What We Needed
Author's Note
19 - Three's A Crowd
20 - A Past Best Forgotten
21 - Dinner With A Side Of Fear
22 - The Calm Before the Storm
23 - The Beginning of the End
24 - Battle for the Earth
25 - Battle for the Earth: Part 2

8 - Paternal Enlightenment

2.3K 70 6
By Tristan-Walker

A/N 

Hey! So I guess I should get my ass in gear and start writing, cuz up till now, I've been ahead on the writing :P Ah well. You guys are in for a treat this time, the chapter is at least double length!!! I couldn't find a good cut off point, so I'm just putting it all up :) Drama, Drama, Drama b-t-dubbs!!! Though this chapter was not easy to write... *Shakes head* Anyway, enjoy!!

Shout out to rebeccarebecca!!! I know it's a little late, but she was my first vote, so go and check out her writing!!! It's literally to die for! :P 

That will be all :)

Pic of Sam's Dad to the side :)

                                  «»  

8 - Paternal Enlightenment

JUSTIN

When I stepped into the house, I found my mom in the sitting room, reading the newspaper. She heard me come in and put the paper down, taking off her reading glasses.

"Hey honey, how was your weekend with Sam?" she asked, a knowing smile on her face.

"Great!" I said, sitting down on a chair next to her. "We had fun."

"Good," she smiled at me, then we both looked round when we heard footsteps.

"So where have you been all weekend?" my dad had entered the room and I could tell he wasn't quite sober again.

"Um, with a friend, dad," I managed, but decided it was time, that I was done hiding from him. "Actually dad, I spent the weekend with my BOYfriend." Both of my parents gasped. My mom then smiled at me, but my dad just looked blankly at me.

"I'm sorry?"

"I said, I spent the weekend with my boyfriend dad. Yes, you heard me right, I'm gay."

"You're what?" he was beginning to scare me at this point.

"Gay dad, gay. I like boys."

I didn't know what to expect as my dad's reaction, what I didn't expect was what happened. He took a step toward me, stood there as though contemplating his next move and then smacked me across the face. My dad hit me.

It took my mom a second to process what had just happened, and when she did, she started yelling at my dad but nothing was stopping him.

"You little piece of shit. How dare you. You're a freak, a faggot freak, and I like neither fags nor freaks." He hit me again and I tasted blood.

He kept yelling, now punctuating every word with a blow. "You. Little. Piece. Of. Trash. How. Dare. You. Come. Near. Me. Or. My. Wife."

By now, I was on the floor, curled up as he kicked every part of me he could reach, while screaming things like "You little shit" and "Freaking faggot". The whole time, my mom was trying to make him stop, she was yelling at him and grabbing his arms, trying to pull him off of me. I was lying on the floor, sobbing uncontrollably while trying to protect my head from his continued blows.

Finally, the blows stop raining down on me. He then broke my nose for good measure, and walked out of the room.

For an hour, my mom sat beside me on the floor, trying to help me in any way she could. Then my dad came back in the room.

"You have a choice," he said to my mom, "Me or him." He looked expectantly at her, and she didn't budge, or say anything, just stayed by my side, a protective hand on my shoulder.

"I thought as much," he said, and moved forward all of a sudden, and I saw a flash on silver.

Time seemed to slow down as I watched my mother fall to the floor, a red stain rapidly spreading on her front. There was a jagged slash in her shirt from her left shoulder all the way over to her right side, revealing a deep cut underneath.

I yelled, running to reach my mom, but had to change course as my dad tried to stab me as well. I pulled out my cell as I ran, dialing Sam's number, needing help.

"Hello?"

"Sam, help, my dad, my mom, knife, HELP!!" I couldn't make a proper sentence. "I just need help, please!" I was crying by then.

"I'm on my way," he said and hung up.

                                 «»  

SAM

I ran down the stairs as fast as I could, skidding to a stop in front of my parents. "Mom, dad, I need your help, a friend of mine is in serious trouble, like as in deadly trouble. We need to help him, now."

They both jumped up and followed me out the door, all three of us shifting as we ran. It would be faster this way and we would also be more easily able to deal with anything that we may meet.

I saw Justin's place and I sped up, my parents keeping pace. We burst through the door and looked around, taking in the scene before us. Justin was cowering in the corner, his dad bearing down on him with lethal looking knife. His mother was lying in a pool of blood, barely breathing.

'Justin, it's me' I sent a message to him and he looked up as though he received an shock, turning this way and that, looking for the source of what I knew he could identify as my voice. His eyes landed on the three wolves standing in the room and a brief look of confusion flashed across his face, vanishing and quickly replaced by pure terror as his dad tried to slash at him again.

My mom went straight to his, trying to see what she could do to help, while my dad and I lunged for Justin's dad and knocked him back from his son. I stood protectively in front of Justin as I watched the look of drunken malice turn into one of horror. Them my dad knocked him unconscious.

I turned to Justin, 'are you ok?'

He nodded, a look of bewilderment on his face.

I asked if he had any extra shorts for my dad and me and a robe for my mother, and he nodded, getting up slowly and going upstairs to grab them. When he returned, we shifted and put on our respective pieces of clothing, Justin watching, a look of mixed curiosity and disbelief on his features.

I opened my mouth to speak, but my dad came up to us, "You must be Justin, I'm Bryan, Sam's father. Don't worry, everything will be explained, but right now we need to do something for your mother and take care of this business with your dad. First off, we need your permission to take your mother home with us. My wife is a doctor and we can treat her there, is that ok?" Justin nodded and we all left for our place, my parents supporting Justin's.

When we got there, my mom went straight into the sitting room, laying Justin's mom on the couch and beginning to tend to her wounds. My dad, Justin, and I sat down on the opposite side of the room, facing each other.

I wanted nothing more than to grab the boy facing me and pull him into my arms, telling him that everything was going to be ok, and that I was there with him, but with my dad sitting right by us I had to satisfy myself with reassuring looks and words. He just looked so shocked and scared.

"Ok, so I guess we have to start with the beginning then." my dad started explaining, "We are werewolves. You have undoubtedly already guessed that, but it's easier to begin with that. Werewolves walk among mortals in large numbers, however we hide our existence so that we can lead ordinary lives outside actual wolf business."

Justin looked at my dad with a puzzled expression on his face, "So, the things I read in books containing things about werewolves, they were true?"

"Well, yes and no. Some things are true but just as many if not more is made up. I'll clear some of the biggest facts up for you. First of all, we don't only shift at the full moon, and when we do we don't turn into savage beasts. We keep control over our own brains. You saw both things tonight. The only thing that disrupts this is the full moon. Now, like I said it doesn't actually have control over us like it says in the books, however, on a night with a full moon, our wolf half has more control over us. Not in the sense where we start killing things, we're just more powerful and the pull to your mate is much stronger."

My eyes flickered to Justin, wondering if he was remembering what happened in the forest, and the look on his face told me he was.

"Can a werewolf ever have a human mate?" he asked.

My dad looked at him quizzically for a minute before answering, "Yes they can, but it's rare, and usually doesn't work out. Either the wolf gives up and doesn't ever tell them, or the human doesn't accept the wolf. If a wolf can't be with their mate, they begin to get sick and end up losing their human half, becoming an empty shell. Though their human no longer has control, we refer to it as losing your wolf, because in essence that is what happens. You lose control of your wolf and become separated. We call wolves like these rogues and they are dangerous. Without their human half to regulate them, they turn savage."

Justin shuddered, "So what does this mean for me?"

"Well, we wouldn't have normally gone in like that in wolf form, but due to the dire circumstances we had no choice. Unfortunately, this means that you will be in danger from now on because you know of us, and I am truly sorry about that." my dad put a hand on his knee.

"Don't be, you saved my life, thank you." Justin said, hugging him.

"Of course. Now, we need to figure out what to do about your dad. We can't exactly let him tell the world that he was attacked by wolves, that wouldn't be any good." the three of us sat there, thinking.

My mom piped up from the other side of the room, "I know an old healing remedy, it was originally designed to help emotional and physical trauma victims. Basically, it makes you forget."

"That could work," my dad said, looking down in thought.

"It's also quantity dependent, so I'll only give him enough to make him forget that we attacked him."

"Sounds like the best thing to do, thanks Sophie."

My mom nodded and got to work.

My dad turned to Justin, "Why did he attack you like that anyway?"

Justin looked down, shifting uncomfortably from one foot to the other.

"Promise you won't hate me or get mad?" He asked, fear in his eyes.

"Why would I do that?" my dad was clearly confused.

"I told him something about myself, something I've been hiding from him for a long time."

My dad gave him an encouraging look.

Justin sighed heavily, "I told him that I'm gay." he looked down at his feet again.

"Justin," he lifted his head and saw the hatred in my dads eyes, however it wasn't directed at him, but at his father, "That man should be ashamed of himself. He calls himself your father, and yet he doesn't deserve you. You are far better than him and so strong. One of the strongest people I know, and I've only known you for an hour at best. You should never, ever doubt yourself and not only live life to the fullest but spend it with someone you love, someone who makes you happy." My dad smiled at him.

My mom walked over and put a hand in Justin's shoulder, smiling at him sadly.

"Justin, this is going to be hard to hear, but I'm not sure that your mom is going to live. I'm doing all that I can but her condition is very critical and she is in a coma. I need you to know now that of she pulls through, she will never be that same again. She has suffered major damage to her vital organs and ..." she trailed off, listening.

She then rushed to Justin's mom's side, checking her pulse and vital signs.

"Bryan! We're losing her! Quick I need a bottle labeled Cardiac-Stimulis. It's upstairs in the chest."

My dad ran out and Justin and I looked on in horror.

Everything became a blur.

My dad racing down the stairs and giving the pills to her.

My mom trying to get one into Justin's mom.

The grim look on her face.

Both of my parents stood and I knew we had lost her.

"I - I'm so sorry. I did everything I could."

My mom will blame herself, I know that she will. But at the moment, I had eyes only for Justin. My poor, sweet Justin, who didn't deserve any of this.

Before I knew it, I was pulling him into my arms, wrapping them around his waist and rubbing the small of his back. He turned into me, burying his face in my chest as he cried.

I muttered sweet nothing's into his ear, telling him everything was going to be ok and that I loved him. And I realized, I did love him, with all certainty. I loved Justin and he was hurting and it made me hurt.

I ran my hand through his blonde locks, kissed the top of his head.

I looked over at my dad, who was, to my great surprise, smiling broadly at us.

"Dad," I took a deep breath, "I found my mate." I confessed, gesturing to the boy in my arms.

He just smiled as his response and my parents came to us, joining the hug.

My mom asked Justin to come live with us and he agreed, thanking her profusely.

She told him it was nothing. And we were silent for a while, still in each other's embrace. When we broke apart, I looked at Justin. We locked eyes, my green eyes on his watery blue ones.

"I love you Justin."

"I love you too Sam."

I grinned and kissed him.

My parents smiled at us as the dusk faded to night.

                                  «»  

A/N

So what'd you all think? 

Vote, Comment, Fan 

Thank you all! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 725 17
In a world where demons and other supernatural roam the earth, Finding love can be difficult for some. But luckily, werewolves have soulmate's. That...
428 43 22
Riley has no idea what he's in for when he takes on a new name and new body known as Derek, thanks to government equipment that his parents stole in...
M-13 By JL

General Fiction

184K 10.8K 35
People with powers exist, believe it or not. And it isn't some magic thing that gave us powers; it's a genetic malfunction that cursed us to a life o...
537K 27.1K 62
Milo loves sex, parties and alcohol. He adores the thrill of being young, wild and mateless. He has witnessed his family and friends find their mate...