Player vs. Player (in current...

By ChiChi123

At age 16, Alex's heart was broken severely by the only boy she felt loved her. Now she's back and he left an... More

Prologue
Chapter One (1)
Chapter Two (2)
Chapter Three (3)
Chapter Four (4)
Chapter Five (5)
Chapter Six (6)
Chapter Seven (7)
Chapter Eight (8)
Chapter Nine (9)
Chapter Ten (10)
Chapter Eleven (11)
Chapter Twelve (12)
Chapter Thirteen(13)
Chapter Fourteen (14)
Chapter Fifteen (15)
Chapter Sixteen (16)
Chapter Seventeen (17)
Chapter Eighteen (18)
Chapter Nineteen (19)
Chapter Twenty (20)
Chapter Twenty-One (21)
Chapter Twenty-Two (22)
Chapter Twenty-Three (23)
Chapter Twenty-Four (24)
Chapter Twenty-Five (25)
Chapter Twenty-Six (26)
Chapter Twenty-Seven (27)
Chapter Twenty-Eight (28)
Chapter Thirty (30)
Chapter Thirty-One (31)
Chapter Thirty-Two (32)
Chapter Thirty-Three (33)
Chapter Thirty-Four (34)
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Nine (29)

77.6K 1.5K 107
By ChiChi123

Chapter Twenty-Nine:

The atmosphere inside Keith's car was inevitably awkward for me. Catherine barely noticed how strange I felt, she was talking up a storm with Keith. She went from subjects of homework, to her dress, to the dance, all the way to plans for next Saturday. "What about you, Alex?" Keith asked me, snapping my attention from out the window back to car.

"Huh?"

"I said, what about you? Do you have a dress?" he looked at me through the mirror. Catherine gave me an 'I-told-you-so' facial expression and stuck her tongue out. Keith gave her an odd look and refocused his eyes on me again. 

"I won't be going. I'll be helping with decorations though."

"Why not? Everyone goes."

"I'm not everyone though. I'm Alexandra."

He shook his head in disappointment and Catherine leaned in and whispered something in his ear. He nodded in agreement and the rest of the ride was silent. Usually, whenever a room was too quiet for my liking I turned my mind into a mental radio. Right now I was humming 'Tonight Tonight' by Hot Chelle Rae.

Keith pulled up at the school entrance and Catherine reached behind the seat and took out the Macy's bag that was seated next to me. Then she opened her passenger door and waved at us as she attempted to run into her campus. She looked like Forrest running when he still had the leg braces so I couldn't help but giggle in the back seat.

"Are you hungry?" Keith asked me. Honestly I was, I hadn't ate since six and I skipped lunch to study for my Biology test tomorrow. I was about to lie and shake my head no but then my stomach betrayed me by grumbling its protest quite loudly. 

"Yes..." I said sheepishly putting a hand over my belly in shame. 

"Great, I know this great pizza restaurant." he grinned, peeling out the street. He seemed quite shocked, yet content I agreed to go anywhere with him but if I didn't eat something in the next ten minutes I'd probably fall over dead by starvation. I still needed to use at least ten years of my life.

Keith swiftly turned a wide corner and drove for a long five minutes before he finally got to the parking of Susan's Pizza. It looked a little fancy to be a pizza restaurant but there was many mind-shockers back in New Jersey too. I hadn't even realized that Keith got out the car until he opened my car door.

"Thanks," I said getting up and twisting around so I faced the building. Staying behind, I followed Keith into the building and up to the counter. There was some employee that was busy texting on her phone to notice us. She looked up, then down again. When she realized there was people in front of her she stuffed her phone in her pocket and batted her eyelashes at Keith, ignoring me completely.

"Can I help you, sir?" she breathed, pushing her chest forward and leaning over the counter so Keith's eyes were at an angle that if he looked down he would get a full view. Anger surged through me and I stepped closer to Keith and took his hand in mine. 

"Well Keith, I'm in mood for pepperoni. What are you thinking we should have?" I asked, making it look like we were a couple. The cashier took one look at me and rolled her eyes. Keith looked down at me and gave me a knowing smirk. I was snapped out my anger faze and I groaned mentally. He would definitely hold this against me later.

"If you want pepperoni, fine." he turned to the waitress, "One large pepperoni pizza please."

 The waitress turned away and I went to remove my hand but Keith tightened his grip around my palm and smiled at me, "If you can hold my hand for your jealousy, you shouldn't be selfish. I want enjoyment too." I groaned and hung my held low. The waitress exchanged the pizza box for Keith's money and he walked toward the table, holding the pizza box in one hand and my hand in another.

"So," he said placing the pizza on an empty table near the table and taking a seat, "What was that little jealous act back there?"

My face flamed and I looked away from his eyes and onto the floor, "I wasn't jealous, I just think I saw--"

"Oh, save it. You were jealous. I don't know why though, I thought you didn't like me, and we're not dating."

"Don't get a swelled head. I don't know what happened back there but--" I was interrupted again.

"Isn't it obvious Alex?" he took a bite of his pizza, "Your true feelings for me are coming out, you can't deny them."

My eyes drooped down and I sighed. I wish he knew that I didn't want a relationship at all, but at the same time Keith kind of made me want to be a relationship. I knew that by performing that act I'd be setting myself up for a heartbreak. Maybe I should tell Keith about the incident so he'd leave my single love life alone. At the same though, I didn't want to confide in him about my personal. If I were to do that though, a public place would be best so he wouldn't go full-out ballistic.

"Keith. I think there's something you should know. There's a reason why Gina's at jail and it's because--" I started.

"Gina's in jail?! Since when?!"

"Last week Keith.. everyone's talking about it."

He put his hand under his chin and put on a perplexed expression. "Damn. How did this happen?"

"Well--"

"Gina was so nice and sweet. I wonder what got into her."

"Gi--"

"I mean, she doesn't seem like the type to you know, rob a bank or murder someone. Maybe she robbed a kid's lollipop, that can go for harassment."

"Keith--"

"It's always the innocent looking girls that go and turn around but I thought--"

"KEITH WATERS!" I screamed, turning dozens of heads toward our table. Embarrassed, my face turned red and ducked beneath my arm so my face was hidden. When the restaurant regained its talkative manner I lifted my head up and saw Keith casually eating his pizza. Taking a long breath, I began to talk again.

"Gina's in jail because she hired two thugs to beat me up." I explained to him.

A piece of cheese fell out Keith's pizza and he stood up abruptly, knocking over his chair. "WHAT THE HELL?! WHO THE FUCK DID THIS?!" he yelled, turning attention back to us. There were staring at me, seeing what my expression was. I kept a calm, cool head for his sake. From the outside this probably looked like we were a nutcases.

"Keith... sit down you're causing a scene," I whispered harshly, patting the air down to signal sitting down. Finally aware of his surroundings, he looked around at the lingering eyes of curious people. Cautiously, he cleared his throat and sat in his seat. Sighing, he buried his face in his hands.

"Why haven't you told me?"

I didn't answer, I only shrugged. Keith got up and took my hand to also get me up, "Alex. It's too soon right now but we will talk about this."

* * * * * *

"Sam, what's taking the doctor so long?" I asked leaning back on this hospital bed and looking up at the ceiling. The two weeks had finally arrived and I was scheduled back for more testing, to make sure everything was going perfectly. Just twenty minutes ago I had taken a blood test and the doctor was taking a long time to get back. I was hungry again.

"I don't know sweets but we have to wait. We can't just leave the doctor here."

"He left us." Just as the words left my mind, the doctor came in, smiling at me.

"Sorry for the wait, I just had to file something. Everything seems to check out fine. How are you getting over this?" 

"I'm doing pretty well actually, I'm getting over it pretty quickly."

"That's great to hear. I'll call you if anything catches my eye or something unusual is in your blood. Good bye Alexandra." he shook my head and turned his head to Sam, "Good bye Samuel."

Samuel smiled back at him and patted my back, leading me out the room. "Let's go Alex. Meghan only has three diapers at home, I'm guessing she already used two of them," he smiled.

Why did I have a gut feeling something would go wrong?

25 votes :) oh and guys... we're laying back on the comments i love comments you guys! So come on, just write something below :D anyways VOTE, COMMENT, FAN! I'll be able to finish this story pretty soon since high school's out Friday. After this story's finished if u still wanna check out my work u can check out "Scamming the Prince"...alright I leave now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 73.7K 74
The world has chewed up and spit out Eleanor Robinson again and again. It began with her parents, one taken by a tragedy, one addicted to horrific dr...
5.8M 57.4K 33
Amy is a focused student and just wants to enjoy a care free senior year. Her family is fiercely over protective and she accepted years ago that boy...
5.1M 166K 43
"They were like three half-naked supermodels with bedhair and matching movie star grins. What did I get myself into...?." Serena Jones an eighteen ye...
75.4K 1.4K 30
(Unedited and started in 2010, beware of plot holes, terrible grammar and other misfortunes) Grace Tailor shouldn't have gone to that party on new ye...