Bates & Landon [Wattys2015]

Misfitted_Infinity tarafından

And we are put on this earth, a little space beyond us. With the possibility that we might learn to bare the... Daha Fazla

LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES
LANDON
BATES

BATES

89 16 63
Misfitted_Infinity tarafından

Max Scheneider will play as Jessie. (Picture to the side.)

Bates

"Look, what I don't get is why that one kid took the bullet for the main dude. The kid shouldn't have died," Jonas argued over a movie he had watched last night at lunch, seeming slightly sad and annoyed.

"He saved the main guy," Jessie said, picking up a tator tot, "Have you read the book?"

"Nope," Jonas shook his head.

Jessie turned to me. "Are you guys talking about The Maze Runner?" the J's nodded. "Then yes. I've read those series." I glanced over at Landon who was reading a book, sitting at her usual spot without Alice.

Jonas sighed, looking down at the table, "Go,"

"Pardon?" I looked back at Jonas.

"Go get her," he said, "and, if you want, bring her over here."

Jessie and I both raised our eyebrows in surprise. Jonas didn't really have a liking to people sitting at the table a lot, so with him inviting Landon over here was surprising. "Ok," I said. "Just don't say anything stupid."

I walked over to her, she looked up from her book, hearing me come over, "Oh, hey." She began to smile that calm, wamring smile that made my breathing stop.

"Hey Landon," I mumbled, my teeth sinking in my lower lip. "Um, would you like to-to sit with me?"

Landon looked over at Jessie and Jonas. They both caught eyes with me and gave me a thumbs up. She looked back at me, questioningly raising her eyebrows. I felt my neck and face beginning to get red. I began to scratch the back of my neck, "Uh..Look, you don't have to. I was just -"

"No, it's okay," she stood up, gathering her things, "let's go." We made our way back to the table. Jonas and Jessie had a smug grin on their faces.

"Landon," Jonas drawled, "I haven't seen you since the two of you were sucking each other's faces outside of the school on the bench."

Landon just smiled, her cheeks almost as pink as her lips, "Jonas," she spoke in the same tone as him, "I haven't seen you since you were throwing your head back and singing an Arctic Monkeys song."

He shot her an amused grin, "Those energy drinks were amazing. And so is that song." He eyed me a minute too long and I knew all too soon that he was up to something. "Did you know that Bates, your beloved crush, used to gawk at you every day in lunch?"

Jonas, I will hit you.

Jessie shook his head, trying not to laugh. Landon was starting to turn red.

Jonas smirked. "Also, did you know that he used to write poems for you?" He glanced over at Jessie, "How did it go again?"

"Oh, Landon, your hair/ cascade like waterfalls/ your eyes like colors undescribable/ your skin so soft and-and extra soft." Jessie spoke out in a soft voice, his eyes closed, holding a hand to his chest while the other was up in the air. Jonas laughed loudly.

Landon's face was even more red, so was mine. I never wrote poetry, I sucked at that crap.

I was going to murder the both of them.

"Also, did you know that he likes to-"

"-eat raw eggs every morning?"

"Oh! Don't forget while gazing at a cut out yearbook picture of you while he downs four raw eggs."

I'll throw the bodies in the Pacific Ocean.

"And changes his tighty whities a lot -"

"'Cause.. you know."

I had enough of embarrassment today. "Okay, enough. I think Landon would like to go visit the library. Wouldn't you, Landon?"

Her hands were playing with her braid. "Um -"

I took her arm, "Come on, let's go." She grabbed her stuff quickly, sending my goof ball of friends an apologetic smile.

"Why did we have to leave?" She questioned as we walked into the library, stopping at a row of books. She was in front of me, leaning against the bookshelf, staring at me. All I wanted to do was pin her against the shelf and kiss her until we both got bored of it instead of answering her questions.

"Sorry about them," I apologize instead of answering her. "I told them not to say anything stupid, but they still did anyways just to embarrass me. Which half of them were untrue."

But Landon just sent me that warm smile again. "What other half was true?"

Crap.

"Uhm," I stuffed my hands in my hoodies pockets, looking for a way out of the question. "Oh, look." I pulled a book off the shelf that was by her head. "The City of Bones. Hm, looks interesting. I should so read it sometime. Like, I love books, don't you? They take you to a whole different reality. And," I skimmed the books description, "I'd love to be taken into the shadowhunter world and see them fight some...demons. Yeah, demons."

She put her hand on my arm, making me look up at her, "Bates, you're rambling. And you didn't answer my question." She was beginning to laugh.

"Rambling? I'm not rambling. If anyone's rambling, it's the librarian. Wherever he or she is. Now that I think of it I can't recall the last time I saw the librarian. Has he or she changed their hair? Is it a girl? Or boy? Dang, I can't remember. Ah. It's a old man, he's one grumpy fellow I tell you. Well, when Mr. Jacobson is awake that is. He's probably snoring away right now, drooling on the dusty computer. Actually most people are -"

Landon put a hand to my lips, shushing me. "Bates, why are you so nervous?"

I tried to make a surprised face, her finger leaving my lips. "Pshhh. Nervous? I am, like, so not nervous. I'll be nervous when it starts to get sunny because I'm a vampire like that sparkly guy in Twilight. No, just kidding. If I was a vampire, I would've drunk your blood by now. Granted, that sparkly guy didn't eat that one chick so -"

I was cut off by her laughter. Her arm was resting on my shoulder, her head was thrown back as she laughed. Once she sobered up, she looked at me, grinning widely, "You're really cute when you are nervous."

I started to protest that I was most certainly not nervous, but she caught me off guard when she pecked her lips with mine quickly. She was blushing when she pulled away. "Now will you answer my question, Bates?"

"You just asked me one." I sent her a teasing look.

She lightly smacked my arm. "You know what I mean, jerk."

I smiled sheepishly, "I forgot the question."

She rolled her eyes, "You said most of what Jessie and Jonas said was untrue. What was true?"

"Oh," I shifted on my feet, looking at her boots, "that. Well, like they said, I did look at you, uh, time from time in lunch.. So, um, yeah."

"Why were you so nervous to tell me that?" She asked me, tilting her head in the cutest way possible, her eyebrows coming together.

"Oh, uh... I-I don't know," I said, looking anywhere but at her. This was embarrassing.

"You do too know," she nagged, her voice teasing but very curious.

I bit my lower lip, looking up at her. "I was just nervous to tell you that I'd stare at you in lunch. Not all the time though." I managed out quickly, looking at a loose her from her braid rather than her eyes. "Also, the raw egg stuff isn't true. And neither is the tighty whities stuff."

"And the poems?" She asked, looking amused.

"No, I paint. I can't write poetry that good." I answered her truthfully. She nodded her head. I put the book back, sliding it back in its place. "Sorry about the rambling," I let out a nervous chuckle, my mind screaming at me to stop talking or I'll end up rambling like I had done earlier.

Landon only lets out a small, little laugh, short and sweet, "It's alright. It was really cute, Bates." And just those words alone send my heart to accelerate and my breathing to catch in my throat. She bites her lower lip, her teeth sinking slowly. I don't know how long we stare at one another, maybe thirty seconds or a minute or three minutes. Although our little stare went on for what seemed like forever, her hand grabbed my hoodie, yanking me to her. I stumbled over my feet at first, mumbling a few apologies when I stepped on her foot.

All the confidence I had felt when I was at her house was out of the window when she looked at me, one hand around my neck. I could tell she wanted me to kiss her, but I couldn't. I was frozen, awestruck at how she looked and how her lips were beginning to curl upwards into a warm smile. My hands moved to her waist, feeling how warm her skin was underneath her thin, loose long sleeve.

Landon couldn't take it any longer, so she pressed herself against me and put her lips on mine. It wasn't a firework-like kiss, it was more than that. It felt like my insides were exploding with the feeling of Landon's lips against mine and our clothed bodies touching, the explosion so wild that all that I thought about was her and the first time I ever saw her and all the other times after that.

The first kiss we had ever shared was like a warm, soft kiss that left me dizzy when we pulled away. This kiss was making me feel like I was floating away from everyone and everything. The world around me was long gone now and it was just Landon and I. Her hands ran through my hair, like she loved to do a lot from what I've noticed and experienced, and she let out a small, quiet moan when I lightly bit her lip, tugging at it softly.

No matter how many times I kiss her, I don't think I'll ever get used to the softness of her lips.

"My God!" a rough, deep voice cut us out of our own little world - Landon pushing me away quickly. I stumbled a bit, praying I won't fall and knock down shelves after shelves of books in the library. Mr. Jacobson, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, looked at us. His gray hair was in a huge mop on the top of his head, more than likely from when he was sleeping. He shook a finger at us, scowling, "You two," he fumbled for a word, "nasties! I should put the both of y'all in detention."

Landon and I both looked at Mr. Jacobson, red faced, and trying not to laugh from embarrassment.

"Now, it is not funny! The two of y'all shouldn't be smooching at school! I'll have to get Mrs. Caroline to have a talk with the two of you." Landon and I were already on her bad side when I had to get the long sleeve and we were both late to class, we didn't need to get in trouble again.

"No," I shake my head, "I don't think that'll be necessary, Mr. Jacobson." Landon and I walk out of the library as quick as we can manage before Mr. Jacobson can get to the phone to call Mrs. Caroline. After all, he wasn't a fast walker. Once we are out of Mr. Jacobson's sight and the library, we are walking down the hall.

"That was a close one," she says, blushing, and letting out a small relieved laugh.

It was, but so worth it.

What's up, guys?

How have you all been?

Hope you liked it :)

Vote/comment/share

Xoxo
Talia

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

2.5K 35 17
Welcome to high school... or more like, my personal hell. Where I'll be judged on my appearance. Where the drama will fill my head with anxiety. Wher...
651K 13.8K 23
THIS STORY IS BEING EDITED FROM START TO FINISH #15 in Fiction 06/10/2018 © 2016 All Rights Reserved -M
2.6K 98 24
We've been friends since grade school. Best friends at that. Never did anything without each other. We can't imagine being separated. Well, actually...
396 48 36
It all started with a crush...