Leaves of Autumn

By amcka30

Cecelia Bloom has just moved to Lake Gloria, a town no one really knows about, all because of her unblanced s... More

Leaves of Autumn
[1] Leaves of Autumn
[2] Leaves of Autumn
[3] Leaves of Autumn
[4] Leaves of Autumn
[5] Leaves of Autumn
[6] Leaves of Autumn
[7] Leaves of Autumn
[8] Leaves of Autumn
[9] Leaves of Autumn
[11] Leaves of Autumn
[12] Leaves of Autumn
[13] Leaves of Autumn
[14] Leaves of Autumn
[15] Leaves of Autumn
[16] Leaves of Autumn
[17] Leaves of Autumn
[18] Leaves of Autumn
Epilogue

[10] Leaves of Autumn

316 12 1
By amcka30

Chapter Ten

A month had passed.

            The first thing I did at school after my first date with Jordan was ask him if we were a couple.  He said we were which made me happy.

            Life was peaceful right now if you exclude my family life.

            I was still friends with Eve, Abigail and most importantly Oliver.  Jordan hadn’t said a word yet about Oliver and I being friends.  I felt glad to know Jordan accepted that I wasn’t going to bend the rules for him.

            As for my home life however, Rick hadn’t been home in a month.  He had disappeared.  My mum sat in her chair every day, staring out the window, wishing the man she loves would come home.

            In a way I felt sorry for her.  Yet also I was glad he wasn’t abusing her or myself for that matter.

            “Hey beautiful,” a voice said from behind me.

            I turned around to see Jordan with a big smile on his face.

            I giggled.  “Hey.”

            “How are you?” he asked, wrapping and arm around my shoulders.

            “Oh I’m alright.  Still hate school though.  You?”

            “Pretty good.  So, you coming to my house after school today?” he asked me.

            “I can’t, I’m hanging out with Oliver.”

            Even though Jordan tried burying his anger for his brother, I could still see the look of annoyance on his face.

            “I’ll make it up to you,” I added.

            The annoyance was wiped off his face and replaced with a smirk.  “How?”

            “Well...”  I slowly caressed his cheek.  “Will a kiss do?”

            “Hmm... I don’t know...”

            “Guess I’ll have to try then,” I whispered, softly pressing my lips to his.

            His hands caressed my cheek, as he softly kissed me back.  He started to deepen the kiss, trailing his hands from my cheeks to my hair, and pressing his lips more forcefully onto mine.

            I felt his tongue touch my bottom lip and I held my mouth open, letting him kiss me passionately.

            When we pulled apart I whispered, “So have I made it up to you?”

            “Hmm... Well how about you come over my house Friday night and we watch a movie together.  Then I might forgive you.”

            “I’ll see if I can book you in,” I replied playfully.

            “Oh now you’re going to get it.”

            I tried to get out of his grasp but it was too late, he started to tickle me.

            “No!  No!  Jordan please!  Mercy! Jordan!” I giggled between each word.

            “I don’t know...”

            “Jordan!”

            “Fine, fine.”  He stopped tickling me and pulled me into an embrace.  “So date with me on Friday?”

            “Of course,” I whispered back.

            “Cece... I―”

            “Come on Cece, I’m not waiting forever!” Oliver’s voice called down the hall.”

            “Coming!” I shouted after him.  “What were you saying?” I asked Jordan.

            “Never mind.”

            “Okay, see you later.”

            “Yeah... bye.”

            I gave him a quick peck and skipped after Oliver.

            “So Eve asked me on a date,” Oliver said whilst we sat in his room.

            “What did you say?”

            “I don’t know what to say... she’s a lovely girl.”

            “But...?” I prompted.

            “But I don’t know!  I haven’t had a relationship for a long time... and it’s most likely what she wants.”

            “Well do you like her?”

            “She’s a nice girl, and pretty, and talented.”

            “But do you like her?”

            He sighed and mumbled something.

            “What?”

            “Never mind.”

            I could swear I heard him say―

            “I know she wants to get out of here as much as I do... but say I do fall for her or something... school isn’t going to last forever.  In six months I’m out of here.  She and I would be going separate ways.”

            “Quit thinking about the long term and think about now.”

            “I don’t want to think about now!  I don’t want anyone getting hurt.  Eve is a good friend of mine!”

            “And is that all she will be to you?”

            Oliver shrugged.

            “What’s holding you back?”

            “I can’t say...”

            “What do you mean?”

            Oliver sighed.  “It’s hard to explain.”

            “Try me.”

            “Well there are two reasons.  I can tell you one but not the other.”

            “Fine.  Now spill.”

            “The last girlfriend I had was two years ago, I was sixteen.  She and I had been dating since we started high school.  She was thirteen, I was fourteen.  So we had been dating for about two years... I really loved her.  Then one day... she didn’t show up at school.”

            “Was she sick?’

            Oliver shrugged.  “I went to her house and her parents said they didn’t know where she was.  They were crying like crazy.  It was like she disappeared.”

            “Well where did she go.”

            “I don’t know... she was there one day.  Then the next...”

            “Do you have any idea where she went?”

            “A bit...”

            “And where do you think she went?”

            “... well I only date people who share the same interests as me, right?” he started.

            “Right.”

            “Well she and I talked about how we wanted to get out of this town as fast as possible.  Any way we could get out, we would.  Every year, at the end of autumn, the army would come to town.  The day she disappeared was when the army went through.  I think she went with them.”

            “But how?  She’s only sixteen.”

            “She probably asked for a ride.”

            “Where do you think she went?”

            “Probably New York... she loved books.  It was her passion.  She loved to write and read.  Knowing her she’s probably studying her final year of school to become a publisher.”

            “So that’s it?  She loved you and just left you like that.”

            “Yeah.”

            “What a bitch.”

            “Watch it,” he warned.

            “No,” I retorted.  “Who the hell does that?  You loved her and she loved you.  You just don’t go walking out of someone’s life because the opportunity comes up.  She could have at least asked you to come with her.”

            Oliver shrugged.  “It’s in the past now.”

            I sighed.  “I guess.  But what’s the second reason?”

            This time Oliver sighed.  “I can’t tell you Cece.  As much as I’d love to, I just can’t.”

            “Fine.”

            It was silent for a few moments till Oliver decided to mess up my hair.

            “Jerk,” I muttered and he grinned.

            I lay in bed that night thinking about mine and Oliver’s conversation.

            I could have sworn he muttered “She’s not you.”

            Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I told myself, Get a grip.  This is Oliver we’re talking about.  He’s your best friend.

            I agreed with myself and rolled over, drifting off to sleep.

            I opened my locker to find a note pinned to my door.

            I took off the note and read it, a smile forming on my face.

Every time I see you, my heart skips a beat,

To imagine you in my arms, I become so weak.

When you smile, it makes my day,

Just to be with you, I know that everything would be okay.

You seem so care free and happy,

Then when I'm around you, nothing seems sappy.

You don't seem to mind what people say about you,

Never letting your mood turn blue.

You live by your own rules,

Not caring if someone thinks you're a fool.

Every time I'm around you, it feels like a dream,

Like nothing could break me from this scene.

I want you to be mine, to have you in my arms every day,

The only thing you need to say is okay.

We could laugh together, just give me a sign,

Please promise me you'll be mine.

~Jordan

            “You like it?” said a voice from behind me.

            I turned around to see Jordan.  “But I’m already yours,” I told him in confusion.

            “I know.  I wrote it before we were dating.”

            “Really?”

            He nodded, his face hinting red as he rubbed the back of his neck.

            “How sweet,” I said grinning and kissed his cheek.

            “You think so?”

            “Definitely.”

___

Vote/fan/comment

2 uploads in the same day, give me a clap :D

Pretty awesome hey?

Damn I love this story sometimes, it's so easy to write.

Anyhoo, I won't keep you long, don't forget to comment.

I shall try to write the next chapter tomorrow.

And again: which team?  Jordan or Oliver?

____

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183 20 16
Does love at first sight lasts forever..? Join me in this journey of Celina finding her one true love Enjoy! Cheers!!! 🥰 #19 revelations (17 feb 202...
85.3K 4.1K 64
This story is about two broken people who have lost their loved ones. The girl falls in love with the person who was living in the memories of his lo...
59 4 12
Sixteen years later of my high school life, on a rainy night, being an independent successful woman, i was still a loser in my balcony looking at the...
1.4M 53.2K 49
Others carved her past, she was now deciding her future. But was she living? The memories that haunted her determine each decision she made until he...