Picking Up The Pieces

De pleasedontcutily

Tony and Jaime have been bandmates and best friends for years. But with Tony's girlfriend's passing and Jaime... Mai multe

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter One

172 13 2
De pleasedontcutily

Tony's POV
I can't believe it. I can't believe she's gone. I can't believe I'm looking at my fiancées gravestone. My precious little Erin is dead. We were planning on getting married. But she's dead.

I guess I should explain what happened. We were mountain biking in June, before Warped Tour started. It was us, Vic and Danielle, Mike and Alysha, Jaime and Jessica and we were all taking a little trip before the tour started up. However just the two of us went out that morning. It was a beautiful day that day. We started early in the morning and took a break around noon. We settled down on a blanket Erin brought and we ate our lunch. I still remember the way her eyes lit up in the sun. They way her hair settled on her shoulders. She looked beautiful like always.

After we finished our lunch we laid down and looked up at the clouds.

"That one looks like a turtle!" she said with a little giggle.

I looked over at her. The way her face lit up looking up at the sky just made me so happy. Her beauty always left me in awe.

I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her in towards me.

"You're so beautiful." I said, kissing her forehead.

"I love you, Tone" she said with a smile.

"I love you too, E" I said as I lifted our woven hands and kissed hers.

"Hey, that one looks like a baby" she said.

I looked up, " Yeah, it kinda does" I said, squeezing her hand.

"How many kids would you want, babe?"

I thought for a second, I never really pictured myself as a dad. Erin would be a wonderful mom, she has such a sweet and caring personality.

"As many as you want, E" I told her.

"I think I'd want three kids" she replied.

"Three times the charm" I said.

She giggled a little and nuzzled her head into my shoulder.

"I can't wait to be married and be with you forever" she said looking up at me.

"I can't wait either" I said with a kiss on the forehead, "come on, let's head back to camp."

We packed our stuff up and headed down the mountain. It was all going great until we were almost back.

It all happened so fast. Her tire hit a rock and her bike flipped up and over the side of the cliff. She just kept tumbling down. She would've been okay if she hadn't have hit her head on a rock. I jumped off my bike and ran down after her. I got out my phone and called 911. Since she was bleeding from her head she had to be airlifted to the hospital. I wasn't allowed to go in either. After they went up I ran back to camp.

"EVERYONE GET IN THE FUCKING CAR WE'RE GOING TO THE HOSPITAL!" I yelled at the guys.

No one hesitated to run outside and jump in one of our cars. I was in no state to drive so Vic jumped in the drivers seat, Mike in the passenger and Jaime and I in the back seat. The girls ran to Jessica's car and jumped in and followed us.

----------

"Where are we going?" Vic asked me.

"Claremont General Hospital" I said choking on tears.

Jaime embraced me in a hug, "Hey, calm down she'll be okay, Tone."

"T-there w-was sssooo m-uch blood" I said between chokes of air.

"Tony, just deep breaths, it'll be okay, kid" Mike said calmly.

So many things were racing through my mind. The drive to the hospital was a big, long, blur.

"We're here, everyone out!" Vic yelled.

I ripped open the door and took off, everyone running behind me.

"We're looking for Erin Aschow!" Alysha yelled at the receptionist as we ran in.

The nurse frantically searched on her computer and told us she was in surgery on the 5th floor.

I didn't even bother with the elevator and neither did anyone else. We all ran up the stairs and to the front desk of the floor.

"We're here for Erin Aschow!" Alysha yelled out again.

A doctor over heard us and ran towards us, "She's in surgery, can I speak with her most immediate family member." I glanced at his name tag, he was Dr. Iero.

I stepped forward and he lead me down the hall away from the others. Walking away from them was horrible, I can still hear their cries in my head. He pulled me to the side and said, "She's in surgery right now, she's doing really good considering her conditions, however we don't know how long it will last, I'll assume you'll be staying here till it's over?"

"Yes, of course" I replied, somewhat relieved.

I walked back over to the group and told them everything I knew.

"Well, we aren't leaving till she's out, we'll stay with you."

"Yeah, Tone, we aren't leaving" Danielle said.

"Thanks, guys" I said bursting into tears.

Everyone embraced me in a hug. I still remember the way we all felt smushed together. In the moment I felt like everything would be okay.

We all sat down in the waiting room and watched the F.R.I.E.N.D.S reruns on the hospital TV.

After 6 hours of surgery Doctor Iero came out again. We all scrambled to him.

"She's doing wonderful," we all sighed in relief, "she has about an hour left, she's pulling through though" he assured us.

He walked back through the doors and I broke down.

"See, Tony, she's okay" Jaime said in tears.

We all embraced in a hug again.

"Let's find out if Joey takes back the chick, alright?" Vic joked.

"Sounds great" I replied with a smile.

After about half an hour, the girls were passed out along with Mike and Vic. Vic and Danielle looked adorable cuddled up together since they were both so small. Jaime, who was sitting next to me with Jessica asleep in his lap, leaned over and said, "How ya holding up?"

"You know I feel really lucky that she's gonna make it through"

"You are lucky, man" he replied.

"Thanks for sticking it out with me, Hime."

"No problem."

Doctor Iero headed towards us, I jumped up as Jaime woke everyone up.

"She's sedated but you can all go in and see her, however only for a bit and then it can only be just Tony."

We all sighed in relief and walked with the doctor to her room.

Seeing her hooked up to all those machines was terrifying. I walked over to her and dropped to my knees by her bed. I held her limp hand and kissed her forehead softly. I then started crying.

"Don't cry, she's okay now" Jessica said, kneeling beside me.

"I just hate seeing her like this ya know?" I said with tears streaming down my face.

"We know, kid" Mike said.

"Alright, it's time for the rest of you to go, Tony, feel free to stay."

Doctor Iero excited with the rest of them leaving me alone with Erin.

I stroked her hair, "I hate seeing you like this, darling, but you'll be okay soon, I promised to protect you and I won't break that promise, I love you so much, E."

I pulled up a chair and sat down, still holding her hand in mine. I finally felt relieved enough to sleep a little, however that was interrupted by a nightmare.

I don't know how much time had passed, but I woke up to a loud beep. Then it hit me. Doctors and nurses ran in to fix why she was beeping. I just broke down and screamed and cried as someone dragged me out of the room.

"Erin, no! I love you, E, pull through for me!"

Jaime set me down in the waiting room and the others crowded around me in a giant hug.

Soon Doctor Iero came out looking glum. He again pulled me off to the side.

"She's gone. I'm sorry for your loss."

"No! This isn't fair! Save her, someone, go save her, she'll be okay just help her!" I argued.

He walked off and everyone came and embraced me in tears.

"I didn't even get to say goodbye" I whispered under my breath.

My flashback stopped as a hand gripped my shoulder. I started crying again.

"Come on, it's time to go home, Tone" Jaime said.

I walked with him back to his car and we drove off.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

35.4K 1.2K 64
Read to find out.
41.4K 1.5K 29
Jaime and Vic have been together for almost a year. Now something from Vic's past has come back to haunt him, causing him to self-destruct. Can Jaime...
33.3K 1.2K 24
*COMPLETED* Mike and Tony, otherwise known as Perrentes by fans of their band Pierce The Veil want to take the next step in their relationship. Actua...
259 155 22
When your first encounter with the love of your life is in the middle of an earthquake it is quite chaotic. On that day, it wasn't just the earth's t...