Leaves of Autumn

By amcka30

Cecelia Bloom has just moved to Lake Gloria, a town no one really knows about, all because of her unblanced s... More

Leaves of Autumn
[1] Leaves of Autumn
[2] Leaves of Autumn
[3] Leaves of Autumn
[4] Leaves of Autumn
[5] Leaves of Autumn
[6] Leaves of Autumn
[7] Leaves of Autumn
[8] Leaves of Autumn
[10] Leaves of Autumn
[11] Leaves of Autumn
[12] Leaves of Autumn
[13] Leaves of Autumn
[14] Leaves of Autumn
[15] Leaves of Autumn
[16] Leaves of Autumn
[17] Leaves of Autumn
[18] Leaves of Autumn
Epilogue

[9] Leaves of Autumn

293 11 0
By amcka30

Chapter Nine

“So Cece, do you have any hobbies?” she asked me.

            I shook my head.

            “Okay... I wonder if you suit hats...”

            “Eve, what are you on about?” I asked her, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

            She resurfaced from her wardrobe holding a few pieces of clothing.  She walked over to me and placed the pile at my feet.

            “Find something you like and put it on.  I’m going to get my camera.  I left it in the shed.”

            “Why did you leave your camera in the shed?”

            “We have two sheds.  The smaller one is for me.  Dad converted it into a darkroom for me.”

            “What’s a darkroom?”

            “It’s a room that is completely dark and allows processing of light sensitive photographic materials.”

            “Oh okay...”                                          

            “That made no sense to you, did it?”

            I shook my head.  “None at all.”

            She giggled.  “Um, look it up at the library or something.”

            “Or I could just use the internet...”

            “Shut up, I’m used to using the library since we don’t really use the internet in this town.”

            I laughed.

            “Anyhoo, get dressed, and I’ll be back.”

            “Okay then.”

            I shifted through the pile of clothes, finally picking out a white summer dress, a black vest, and fishnet stockings.  The shoes she had laid out for me weren’t my style so I just put my combat boots back on.

            Eve came back into the room and looked me up and down, smiling. 

            “It really suits you.”

            “Thanks,” I mumbled back.

            “Anytime.  Let’s go outside.  There is a nice light.”

            “Okay.”

            “Hmm... Perhaps you could lean against that tree,” Eve offered as she held her camera in her hands.

            “This one?” I asked, pointing to a tree.

            She shook her head.  “The one that is two away from the log.”

            “Oh, this one?” I asked pointing to another tree.

            She nodded.  “Perfect.”

            I leaned against the tree and she took a picture.

            She continued to direct me where to stand, sit, how to pose.  It was quite fun yet confusing at times.

            At one point she told me to just walk around and do what felt comfortable.

            Sometimes I pulled a few faces.

            The sun had reached the middle of the sky and we decided to go back inside.

            “Eve, Cecelia, lunch is in the kitchen if you want some,” Eve’s mother said.

            Eve nodded at her mum and walking into the kitchen.

            We leaned against the bench, eating Eve’s mum’s homemade sausage rolls.

            Eve set her camera down in her room, telling me to sit down as she went to go put the photos she had taken in the darkroom.

            I left the next day at midday. 

            I walked slowly down the road and in the direction of Oliver’s house.

            I knocked on the door and Oliver’s grandmother opened it.

            “Hello Cecelia, Oliver is in his room,” she told me and opened the door for me to walk in.

            “Thank you.”

            I walked down the hall to Oliver’s room and knocked on his door.

            He opened his door and smiled evilly.  “Enter, earthling,” he said in an evil voice.

            I giggled and walked into his room.

            He sat down on his bed and patted the spot next to him.  I sat down next to him in silence.

            “So?” Oliver prompted.

            “So what?” I asked.

            “How was the date?”

            I bit my lip and blushed.  “He kissed me.”

            “Oh how sweet.”

            “Shut up,” I said, flicking his arm.

            “No really, it’s sweet.  I’m glad you’re happy.”

            “Thanks.”

            “But Cece...”

            “Yeah?”                                                

            “Be careful.  Don’t get hurt.”

            “I won’t.”

            “So are you two a couple?”

            I shrugged.  “I’m not sure. It could have been just a kiss...”

            “Knowing Jordan, it wasn’t just a kiss.”

            “You think so?” I asked him, smiling.

            “Yeah.  He usually only kisses girls if he has intentions of dating them.”

            “You make it sound like he’s done that a lot...”

            “He gets around...”

            The conversation grew awkward and I mumbled, “Am I just another fling?”

            “Oh no, no!  Not at all.  Jordan has never broken up with a girl.”                         

            “What?” I asked in shock.

            “They all break up with him.  He becomes to hard for them to handle.”

            “How so?”

            Oliver sighed.  “Because most girls are friends of mine.  He gets... controlling... most girls give up on him.  He’s always heartbroken and ends up hating me more.”

            “Well he’s not going to be able to control me.”

            “Oh I know that.  Everyone knows you don’t like to be controlled.  But why lose a relationship over me?”

            “Because you’re my friend, right?”

            Oliver nodded.  “Of course I’m your friend.”  He smiled.  “But still... Every time a girl breaks up with him they try asking me out and I turn them down.  Then they’re left regretting it and Jordan never takes them back after they break his heart.”

            “I’m not going to go asking you out Oliver.  You’re just a friend.”

            “Wow, hurt!” he mocked.

            I rolled my eyes.  “Don’t be a twat.”

            Oliver chuckled and said, “Fine.”

            “Why do you turn them all down?”

            “Because I don’t want to hurt them when I leave.”

            “What do you mean?”

            “Everyone knows I’m out of here when I finish school.  And I don’t want to fall in love with a girl or have her fall in love with me, then end up having to break her heart when I leave.”

            “Why can’t the come with you?”

            Oliver sighed.  “Cece, everyone in this town wants to stay here.  No one wants out of here except me.”

            “And me...”

            “Exactly.”

            “Huh?”

            “Cece... if you asked me out, after I knew you longer, I’d say yes.  Because I know you have no intentions of staying here.  I wouldn’t object to falling in love with you.”

            I didn’t have a reply.

            “But everyone else in this town just wants to work a farm, or a convientent store... its not the life I want.  No matter how much i’d love someone i can’t do it.”

            “Then what am i doing with Jordan... he’s staying here.  And I’m going to hurt both him and me.”

            “You’re with him for the experience.  But make sure you tell him that he has to keep in mind you’re leaving with or without him.”

            “You’re right.”

            Oliver smiled.

            “Did you really mean you could fall in love with me?”

            “I don’t know... I could.  You’re a really nice and pretty girl Cece.”

            I rolled my eyes.

            “You are,” he insisted.

            I sighed.  “Life’s confusing.”

            Oliver laughed.  “I know right?”

            We fell back on his bed, and stared back at the ceiling.

            “Hey Cece?” Oliver started.

            “Yeah?”

            “I’m glad you came here.”

            “Why?”

            “Because there is finally someone who understands me.”

            I turned my head to look at him, he met my eyes and I smiled at him.

            “I’m glad there is someone here who gets me too,” I told him.

            He grinned.

___

Vote/fan/comment

*sigh*

relief, finally got past her first week here.

Heads up, I'm now speeding up the story in the next chapter.  I can't just let her live day by day since I only want 200 word pages and I'm at 75 already.

So next chapter will probablyjust be a filler but after that I promise to get in some more action (:

Oh, and the youtube video is a song that relates to how Oliver feels.  :D Listen to it!!

I did :P

Cheers!!

____

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 53.2K 49
Others carved her past, she was now deciding her future. But was she living? The memories that haunted her determine each decision she made until he...
903 105 21
Some people are meant to be in our lives forever, whereas some aren't​. Yet, they leave us with lots of memories! What if the person whom you haven't...
6.3K 115 32
With Charlotte's past fading away, she thinks she'll be able to enjoy her life. Is she right or will she sink even further than before.
58 9 5
Poppy, 24, always lived her life behind the safety of her camera. Always watching people live their life, take risks, get hurt, fall in love, get hur...