When There Was Me and You

By xxJulietxx

|:| COMPLETED |:| Everyone has their own story; their amazing adventures and terrible experiences. When peopl... More

CHAPTER ZERO |:| PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE |:| WHERE IT ALL BEGAN
CHAPTER TWO |:| ROOSTERS' NUMBER ONE
CHAPTER THREE |:| STOP SENDING ME LETTERS
CHAPTER FOUR |:| BRIGHTER FUTURE
CHAPTER FIVE |:| I'M IN A HURRY
CHAPTER SEVEN |:| IT'S COLD IN HERE
CHAPTER EIGHT |:| I'M WATCHING OUT FOR MYSELF
CHAPTER NINE |:| NUMBER ONE FAN
CHAPTER TEN |:| I LIKE ...
CHAPTER ELEVEN |:| NOVEMBER NIGHT
CHAPTER TWELVE |:| MY HAPPY PLACE

CHAPTER SIX |:| FAVORITE THINGS

2.7K 150 77
By xxJulietxx

 C H A P T E R   S I X  |:|  F A V O R I T E  T H I N G S

a month after and a year before  

May 2, 2010

I put the pan away, careful to not get burned again. I open the fridge and get two pieces of strawberries and put them on top of two scoop cream at the plate. I look at the plate, tempted to eat the bacons that took me a lot of time to cook perfectly. I wiped the grease near the place where I put the bacons at the bottom of the plate.

There.

I grabbed the tray, careful to not let the glass of warm water break. I don't want to wake my mom up yet.

When I reach the master bedroom, I open the door slightly. When I see that my mom was still asleep, I try to avoid laughing at myself for what I am about to do next.

"MOM! MOM! MOM! MOM!" I scream frantically, as if I got lost in the supermarket and was looking for her.

My mom wakes up in the worst way possible, with her hair all messy and her eyes all wide open. She sits up properly and looks at me with worried eyes.

"Happy Mother's Day," I say sweetly. I hand her the table tray and lay it on her bed.

I look at my mother as she looks confused. She looks like she's about to get mad at me for waking her up at seven a.m., but she broke into a big smile and quickly draws me into a hug.

"I love you, too." I roll my eyes and pat her back.

"Don't you ever do that to me again," she lectures.

I point at her food which is going to be cold any minute now and motion for her to eat it.

"Well, come sit beside me and we'll eat this together." My mom moves aside to make some space for me to fit in. I follow her, not wanting to argue with her.

"That's all for you, I brought my breakfast with me." I grin at her widely. She looks at me while I take out my plate that I placed on the bedside table.

My mom eyes my breakfast with jealousy as I start to eat her favorite. "Why didn't you make me pancakes, too?"

I decide to act innocent, like a lost little puppy. "I made you bacon, mom. That is your favorite."

"No, it's not. It's your favorite. Mine is pancakes," she says slowly, as if explaining to me like a three year old.

I roll my eyes and say, "Okay, fine. I'll leave some pancakes for you to eat. It just didn't match with the strawberries and cream."

"But they aren't my favorite. They're yours!"

"Mom, they're just not your favorite yet. Plus, they look so beautiful on your plate!"

"Okay, fine. I won't bicker with you."

"Good." I pat my mom's head as if she was a little kid. "Happy Mother's Day."

∞ 👩 ∞

"Okay, now, I know you're about to say something bad about what I am going to say, but you have to hear me out."

"Shoot."

"I need you to deliver this to the Andersons' and -"

"What? Mom, no!"

"Just let me finish."

"Mom, you already know what happened between me and-"

"I do, honey. But please be a bit more mature about it and let it aside just so you can deliver this to the Andersons' and -"

"Ughhhhhhhhhh. You let me change my clothes for this?"

"Say thanks from me because Yanny and her husband have given me a lot of help ever since it happened," my mom finishes.

"Okay. Fine. Expect me to be back in three minutes." I stand up from my seat, knowing that ever since it happened, I have been grateful to the Andersons.

My mom hands me the paper bag with a smile, and I return her one that is just a bit too big and fake. "You better give them that with a good attitude, young lady."

"Yes, mom," I say and slip out of my slippers and wear my shoes.

Just as I was about to leave, my phone buzzed.

MissyChrissy: Happy Mother's Day, mom!

Received by 13:01

CallMeMassie: I'm not your mom.

Sent by 13:01

MissyChrissy: You're not? I couldn't tell from all the lectures you've given me from the past two years.

Received by 13:02

CallMeMassie: You're overreacting, Chrissy.

Sent by 13:03

MissyChrissy: Of course, I am, mom.

Received by 13:03

"Mase! You better still be not at our house!" I quickly put my phone in my pocket and run out of the house before Mom catches me.

One. Two. Three. Four.

I'm sure it's here somewhere.

Five blocks. Six blocks.

I think I should've just ridden the bus on the way here. But then, it didn't seem that of a long walk when Christian used to walk me back home.

Seven. Eight.

I stop and look around me, not quite familiar with the neighborhood.

It has been two years since I have last been here.

When I see the nearest supermarket just a hundred feet away, I walk towards it. Well, more like walking like a snail, because my legs are tired.

I bite my cheek, refraining from smiling as I catch sight of a very familiar red haired woman. I try to sneak along, not letting her see me.

I slowly walk towards her, my hands already up, ready to scare her. I probably look like a monster scaring a little girl on her bed.

"BLOOD!"

"What? Where? Who are you?" Yanny looks scared and stays as far from me as possible.

If people theoretically are monkeys, then I am a retarded seal laughing. I ignore the bystanders looking at me.

"Massie! What on Earth are you doing?" Yanny helps me from the ground and I wipe the tears from my eyes.

"I was just trying to warn you." I smile sweetly at her, the same smile I gave to my mom earlier this morning.

"Well, what blood are you talking about?"she looks at me, concerned.

"The color of your hair," I say for a fact. I motion my hands towards her hair and Yanny lets out a humph.

Yanny takes a deep breath, in and out, for a long while, so long that it scares me.

"Massie," she warns slowly.

"Happy Mother's Day?" I give her my famous smile as I hand her the bag that contains my mom's famous cookies that I helped her bake.

"What is this?" She eyes the bag, as if it's another prank. Well, I was just thinking that maybe I could prank her one more time but decided against it.

"My mom and I made these. She says she wants to thank you for everything, so here it is." I take her hand and let her hold the bag.

"Happy Mother's Day," I added softly, just for safety measures so Yanny won't kill me.

"Thank you, dear." She now looks at me with a smile, and then her face turns blank.

"Good thing you're here, come help me!" She was holding my hand for a second, and next, she's busy scanning the frozen foods section.

"Why, are you having trouble picking which bacon to choose?" I ask politely. Yanny's push cart is beside her and it's empty.

"Well, I don't know which one he likes the most, since he just shoves it into my cart, but you're here now! You can help me."

"I'm a bit confused, what are you looking for anyway?" I join Yanny searching the entire frozen section even though I don't know what she is looking for.

"For his birthday today! Which reminds me, you're going to his party later, right?" Yanny looks at me expectantly and I can't help but smile.

Oh. Right. His party, of course I've heard about it.

"Maybe, if my mom lets me," I say politely, not wanting to make Yanny feel sad or disappointed. I don't know if Yanny is aware of what happened between Christian and me, but as far as I know, we are clearly not on good terms.

"Why wouldn't Kate let you go to – ah!" Yanny suddenly stops talking as she realizes what day it is.

"Well, uh, yeah." I just smile at her, not wanting to say it out loud.

"Staying up all night, aren't you?" I smile at Yanny's words, realizing how much I missed her.

Aware that we are going off-topic, I go back to helping her find Christian Anderson's favorite bacon.

"Cheese-overload honey-flavored bacon," I say knowingly. I take the blue package and put it inside Yanny's basket, but not without showing her what brand it is so she can remember it next time.

Yanny's smile reminds me of Christian's and I can't help but smile weakly back at her.

"I'm so glad we bumped into each other." And I agree with her.

On the way back home, I think hard about if I should greet him or not through text. Obviously, a lot of people have greeted him on Facebook since it was broadcasted publicly.

I open the door of my house, not realizing that I'm not tired from walking back home. I hear the sound of the television so I join my mom watching our favorite show.

"Season three?" I ask her, watching as my mom eats her pancakes.

"Yes, now sit down and join me." Together, we watch Sheldon making a smart comment about something that I don't understand but I laugh anyway.

It isn't until we are in the middle of laughing so hard and almost choking on our food that the phone rings.

My mom looks me in the eye and tells me to get it and I put my sad face on. The phone keeps ringing, which not only sounds irritating but also ruins the mood of watching The Big Bang Theory.

I walk around the couch and pick up the phone. I sit down at the chair, away from the television so I can hear the other person.

"Hello?" I say softly.

"Good evening, Massie!" I try not to smile at grandma's excitement.

"Good morning, Grandma. Why are you always waking up so early?" I put my knees up so I can hug them. I look at Mom and see that she is still busy watching the television.

"I always want to check up on both of you even if I live in a different timezone. So how's your mom?" I look at my mom and she is still in the same position. I almost call her over but I refrain.

"Good. How are you and grandpa?" Grandma laughs quietly and murmurs something that I don't catch.

"Still the same, isn't she?" she says afterwards. I nod at her, but remembering that she can't even see me, I say yes.

"She isn't exactly in a forgiving mood," I whisper quietly to the phone.

My grandma and I chat for a while like we always do. After we bid goodbye, I put down the phone and move beside Mom.

"She greets you a 'Happy Mother's Day.'"

"Oh. Did you thank her on my behalf?" My mom looks at me and I can see her eyes watering a bit.

"Yes," I hug my mom, not wanting to see her cry because it breaks my heart into pieces.

"Did grandpa say anything?" my mom mumbles into my shirt.

As she asks that question, I hug her more tightly. "No. But grandma told me to tell you that she knows he forgives y-you."

It is probably my unsteady voice that makes my mother cry, and I never can bring myself to lie to her and say, "He forgives you. He wants to see you."

Because in reality, no one likes the sugarcoated lie. That's why everyone has someone in their life that they can rely on no matter what happens. My mother has her best friend, and I have Chrissy.

A U T H O R ' S N O T E :  

This chapter is dedicated to drwhogivesadamn because her story "Someday" makes me smile and break my heart at the same time. 

A new mystery unfold! I think. I hope. Did you guys like this chapter? 

Feel free to express your love by voting or commenting down below! :) I'd totally appreciate them <3

Question of the Chapter: 

1. What's your favorite breakfast?

2. Yanny is Christian's mother if you haven't figure it out. Are you close to any of your best friend's mother? And if you do, would you scare her the same way Massie did on the supermarket? 

3. Do you find anything suspicious on this chapter? Do you like this chapter?

:)

edited by flourish <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 144 24
"I don't know, Gracie. That's the point. I don't know why I'm willing to feel how much you broke my f*cking heart every minute we're together just so...
207 20 21
"sometimes the secret we keep are the heaviest burdens we carry. SECRETS of pain, of struggle, of love and loss. But when we want the most closest pe...
4.3K 438 22
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘎𝘰𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺...
1.9M 51.9K 48
Nicola and Gabriel used to be best friends while growing up, but she had made the classic mistake of falling in love with him, which resulted in not...