Rude Awakening

By craftea

Ashlee Becker: a short-tempered and naive girl is ready for her dreams to finally become a reality. Everythin... More

Chapter Two

Chapter One

157 7 11
By craftea

"Whoa, careful with those boxes buddy!" Dylan ran a hand through her hair angrily and stormed into another room of the apartment. I chuckled at her, and sat the box I was carrying down in the kitchen.

I took the short moment to gaze at our new apartment together. Dylan and I had been saving for years, with this dream that one day we would go to college together and get an apartment together as well. We were finally putting our dreams into place.

"Babe, where do you want this box?" I looked up and remembered the task at hand.

"Does it say anything?" I asked and walked over to my boyfriend, Hudson. He bit his bottom lip and shook his head.

"No, I don't think so."

"Here," I took the box from him and he went back outside for more. I set the box down on the kitchen island that separated the living room from the kitchen itself.

I opened the flap of the box and pulled out what was inside. I smiled to myself when I realized what it was. "Dylan, come here!"

I heard a loud audible groan from the other and the footsteps behind me. "Yeah?"

Dylan showed up beside me. "Look," I set the item down. It was an old scrap book Dylan and I put together when we started our freshman year of high school. "Do you remember this?" I asked, eyes wide with excitement.

"Of course I do, it was the year Jake Hanson kissed me," She smiled at first, then shuddered. I giggled at her poor choice in boys.

I started flipping through the pages, remember each memory of each photo as they flipped by. "I really did have a bad fashion style back then." Dylan sighed. She disappeared outside moments later and I put the scrapbook back into the box. I carried the box into my bedroom and sat it down beside my desk.

I wiped my hands on my pants and looked around my room. It was definitely messy right now, and I still needed to put together my bookshelf. Maybe Hudson could do it for me.

I shrugged it off for the moment and went back outside to carry more boxes. We were so close to being done, and then we would have college orientation tomorrow afternoon.

"There's one more box left," Hudson told me as he brushed past me and headed back into the apartment. I nodded and hurried to U-Haul. Sure enough, there was one lonely box in the back.

I climbed up into the truck and knelt down for the box. I mentally cursed myself when it was too heavy to carry. "Fuck."

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. "Need help?" I jumped slightly, and spun around.

"Shit, Hudson." I put a hand over my chest. "You fucking scared me."

He climbed up into the truck and ran a hand through his ruffled curly blonde hair. "Sorry," He gave me a half smile. He walked over to me and pressed his lips into mine.

"You left this box in here on purpose, didn't you?" I asked between kisses.

"Of course I did." His kisses trailed down my neck. I closed my eyes, and turned my head the other way, pretending to like it. It just, wasn't the same anymore. After two years with Hudson, I lost interest. I lost that... spark. But it pained me to tell him.

His large hand reached underneath the hem of my tank top and slowly tugged it upwards. I stopped him. "N-Not right now." I let out a shaky breath.

Hudson bit his lip and without another word he grabbed the box and left. I leaned against the truck and pounded my fist into the wall. Why was I such an idiot?

Later that night, long after Hudson had left, Dylan and I decided for dinner we would pop popcorn and watch movies seeing as we wouldn't have cable for a couple of days.

I was just getting the popcorn out when Dylan appeared from her room wearing sweats and a tank top when she asked me how Hudson and I were doing.

"You can't keep leading him on, Ash," She sat on one of the bar stools on the other side of the island and propped herself on her elbow.

I grabbed two bowls from a box and poured the popcorn into each one. "I know, Dyl. I know." I sighed and handed her a bowl. I know Dylan was just trying to help, but it agitated me. I felt like she didn't think I could handle the situation.

Dylan took the bowl and headed for the living room. "I'm just looking out for you, that's all." She shrugged and grabbed a movie from the TV stand. "Anyways, what movie do you want to watch?"

I sat down on the couch thought for a moment. I honestly didn't even want to watch a movie, but I told Dylan I would. "You pick," I answered already bored and tired. I shoved a handful of popcorn into my mouth as Dylan put in the movie.

"What'd you pick?" I questioned as she sat at the other end of the couch.

"The Day After Tomorrow." She squealed with excitement. Movies about the world ending were always Dylan's favorite.

"We've seen this movie about a hundred times." I pouted, sticking out my bottom lip.

"Sh, be quiet!" She didn't even look at me when she shushed me. Instead she crossed her legs and stared intently at the screen while continuously shoving popcorn into her mouth.

I blanked out the movie about halfway through, and thought about tomorrow. Was I going to meet people? Would they like me? Did I even want them to like me? One thing was certain, I was definitely going party tomorrow. Because, it's the least I deserved.

I must've fallen asleep in the living room last night while watching that stupid movie. I woke up with a very stiff neck and a blanket draped over me. I sat up and stretched. I couldn't see Dylan meaning she probably slept in her own room.

I debated on whether to cook or take a shower. I warily smelled my armpit. I chose the latter.

Luckily the apartment had two bathrooms, one for Dylan and one for me.

I quickly stripped of my clothes and stepped into the steaming hot shower. I let the water cascade over my coffee skinned body and my dark hair. It felt soothing and relaxing.

I wrapped a towel around my body and entered the bedroom. It was going to be chilly out today, so I settled on a simple cream wool cardigan with a gray tank top underneath and a pair of jeans.

I quickly dried my hair and got dressed before Dylan awoke.

"Dylan?" I whispered, slowly opening the door to her room. I opened the door wider and slipped in. "Dylan?" I brought my tone up.

When I look over at her bed though, she wasn't there. I straightened up and raised an eyebrow. "Dylan?" I called through the house. Hmm. Maybe she left without waking me up?

I headed to kitchen, looking around to make sure Dylan didn't leave me a note to let me know she was leaving. When I didn't find one I decided it was probably time to leave for the orientation.

I grabbed my keys and quickly left the house, deciding that I would walk, seeing as the campus was only around the corner from our apartment.

I immediately began shivering as I made my way to the campus. I wrapped the cardigan tightly around my body and crossed my arms over my chest hoping to warm myself. I cursed myself for not wearing something warmer. But in Indiana, it was always hard to predict the weather.

It was honestly worse than a woman PMSing.

The campus was soon in my sights. Cars were parked along the sides of the streets, and filled the parking lot. Students were filling the campus yard, where booths were set up for the students to sign up for coming classes.

It was strange to be here. I never really imagined this. Growing up, I didn't want to go to college. I figured I could just take over my parent's donut shop when they eventually got old. But, I realized I wanted to do more. I wanted to open my own shop one day.

"Ash!" I heard the familiar perky call behind me.

I smiled brightly when I saw Dylan running up to me. "I'm so sorry I didn't wake you this morning." She brought me in for a hug. I laughed at her innocence and rolled my eyes.

"You're fine," I told her.

We started walking, and she told me about the classes she'd signed up for. None of them really interested me though, I was just happy she actually signed up for something. "Oh, and if you're thirsty or hungry, they have a refreshments booth over by the Choir booth." She informed me and pointed somewhere behind us and then left me alone.

I put my hands in my pockets and made my way over to the drinks. I wasn't necessarily hungry or anything, I think I just needed to ease my mind.

A woman behind the table smiled sweetly at me. "Drink?" I nodded my head and she poured a cup of lemonade for me.

I took it from her gratefully and quickly gulped it down. "Thirsty, much?"

I coughed a bit of the lemonade as it went down and looked in the direction of the voice. "Excuse me?"

A taller guy stood with a smirk. He ran his tongue along the bottom of his lip. "I just noticed how fast you drank your lemonade. It seemed like you were thirsty." He shrugged.

I looked him up and down. He was dressed casually dressed in black jeans and simple tie-dye tank top, revealing his muscles. He dressed young, but when I saw his scruff, I thought he was older. He raised an eyebrow at me. "Um, are you okay?"

I immediately regained my posture and cleared my throat. "Y-Yeah, sorry." I tucked a lock of hair behind my ear and looked shyly at the ground.

"Have you figured out what you're signing up for?" He asked out of curiosity.

I shook my head and bit my lip. "Nope, I've mostly just been looking around." I shifted my feet. "You?"

He shrugged. "Well, this is my second year here, so I'm basically used to all of this and had my classes planned ahead."

My mouth for an 'o' and I simply nodded. So he's older? Hot.

"Well..." I dragged out hoping he'd get the message that I should be going.

His eyes lit up with realization. "Right, well, I'll you to it then." He turned on his heel and began walking away. I let out a deep breath of relief. Maybe college wouldn't be so bad if met cute guys like him every day.

--------------------

hi so, this is my new TEEN FIC. 
This is different than what I normally post... so, enjoy?

THANKS TO;
Ash, because, Ashlee is based off of you. (boards)
Syd, because you made the cover, and well, you have a character in the story too. (bradmcquaid)

Lola, because you helped with names, and much more. (kingsofmuke)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8M 650K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
134K 6.6K 47
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...