It's Funny How Love Starts (W...

Autorstwa thepasthascome

Więcej

It's Funny How Love Starts (Watty Awards 2011 Finalist
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Author's Note
Little Peak At Book Two-To Find Oneself
Little Peak At Book Three-Love Like This

Chapter Two

69.2K 849 32
Autorstwa thepasthascome

Hey! It's me. AGAIN. Wow I didn't know people would actually start reading my story. Yay:D

Here's the next Chapter. Hope you guys like it. Please comment if there's any mistakes in my writing or if you have suggestions or you just want to be plain nice and write a compliment:D Hate msg are okay to lol I'm cool~ ENJOY

“You better start running, Alexia,” he warned but I knew his strategies as well as my own. I sidestepped his deadly bear hug and kicked his man junk harder than I had meant to. He winced before crumbling to the ground, gasping. I laughed but stopped abruptly from the entrance of my dad.

It was obvious when he entered because he had a big presence that makes other people cower with fear and listen. His broad shoulders and high cheek bones gave a don’t-mess-with-me vibe that Zane had also inherited. The only difference they seemed to have was that while Zane had the clearest blue eyes, inherited from my mom, my dad had dark black eyes that bore into you when you did something wrong. His physical appearance was definitely an advantage when it came to play his duty as the Alpha. As for me, I had the same blue eyes, similar to Zane but I had straight dark black hair thanks to dad.

“Enough with this nonsense. Our guests are near. Only three minutes before they arrive,” he said strictly. His werewolf senses told him when the guest’s arrival would be. Zane and I also sensed it but that didn’t stop him from his playful remarks. He was such a kid sometimes.

“Alexia started it,” Zane smiled smugly, sticking his tongue at me when dad wasn’t looking.

“That’s not true you idiot!” I yelled and jumped onto his back, attempting to pull him down but it was hard with the heavy book in my hands. Okay, so I was childish to but I was the youngest.

“Lying is not acceptable little princess,” my brother smirked, grabbing me from his back and knuckled my head, messing my hair again. “Hello, Mrs. Tarzan. Aren’t you pretty today,” he laughed.

“Let go of me,” I kicked but he covered his man junk so my feet wouldn’t have a chance. “You’re mean you know that?”

“Yes, that’s why I’m your brother,” he grinned. I was about to say something unintelligent but dad beat me to the chase.

“They’re here. Act civilized!” he hissed, looking at Zane especially. Zane instantly let go of me and I fell to the ground. I gave him a death stare in which he returned with a smirk but he still helped me back up to my feet. “Marie, they’re here,” dad said more loudly so mom would hear.

My mom came out of the kitchen, her dirty blonde hair in delicate waves and a black dress draped over her curvy body and an apron to top it off. Mine wasn’t as curvy as hers and my straight black hair was as dull as can be. “Oh Alexia, your hair,” she tsked, trying to manage my heap of clumped hair.

“It was Zane.” I narrowed my eyes at my brother but he just gave me a sweet, innocent smile.

“Why would I do that to my lovely little sis?” He continued to smile and I had to fight the urge to jump on him again.

“Children,” dad chided and went to open the door.

“There you go. All nice and pretty,” mom said. She had miraculously tamed my messy nest of hair in record time.

“No thanks to him,” I stuck my tongue but he hugged me.

“I’m sorry Alexia,” he said, giving me a pitiful puppy dog face. “You know I love you.” He then gave me his full smile, putting his arms over my shoulders lazily.

“What a creep,” I rolled my eyes but laughed. “Love you to bro.”

“…This way to the dining room,” my dad’s voice trailed in the hallway. He appeared with two other men walking closely behind him.

The man closest to my dad had dark grey eyes that resembled the color and hardness of a rock. His face had chiseled features, his cheekbones raised high. If he smiled for a second he might actually look friendly and cute but he kept a straight face that could ruin anyone’s day instantly. His body was well toned and his black hair cascaded in a shaggy haircut, coming down to his eyes. The other man had beady black eyes but they weren’t hostile like the first man. Instead he had a nice smiling face and winked at me when I was caught for staring. His blonde hair didn’t really match his dark eyes perfectly but he still seemed friendly enough and had a nice toned body too. Hey, it’s hard not to notice.

“Marie, only these two gentlemen will be seated with us tonight. Alpha Slade didn’t think two packs in one room would be a wise decision. They are also staying for the next few nights so make sure the guest rooms are ready” dad said.

“Pleased to meet you,” mom bowed formally, to the waist down and hurried into the kitchen. We didn’t have a maid to do all the chores so mom did everything around the house. Even though we had plenty of money to hire a chief and a housemaid, mom always insisted her doing it because she enjoyed it. Typical housewife if you ask me.

“Children, say hello." We said our ‘hellos’ and dad introduced everyone. The man closest to my dad was named Lucas Slade or the Alpha of the pack and the second man was Jace Kyler, Alpha Slade’s assistant and closest friend. Zane and I each took turns bowing, mimicking mom.

When I looked up and got a better close up at them, I realized that they were incredibly young. Young enough to be in their late teenage years or early twenties. I looked at Zane and he gave me the same curious look. Alphas were usually older because they would have more wisdom and a better understanding. These two looked like college kids maybe even Zane’s age who was at the ripe age of nineteen.

“Dinner should be ready now. Shall we gentlemen?” my dad gestured to the dining room. The Alpha didn’t give us much more than a glance before following dad to the dining room but the guy named Jace smiled at both of us and kindly said ‘hello.’

Dinner was served and it was practically the most boring meal I’ve ever had. Dad and the Alpha were talking about business and Jace contributed at times but mostly kept quiet, looking around his surroundings.

Zane kicked me from under the table and I glanced up, thinking there was a problem. He was eating his food as if everything in the world was fine. I resumed eating, slowly this time and watchful. The kick from under the table was harder this time, making me wince when it hit my ankle that I had injured many years ago. This time Zane couldn’t hold his snicker.

I rolled my eyes and kicked him across the table without getting noticed. Dad was too sucked into the conversation between the three men. Mom looked at us suspiciously though which ended our little battle at the dining table but Zane’s wink told me that it wasn’t over yet. I gave him my best smirk.

After the endless dinner without being able to mess around a bit with Zane, we were free from our good behavior. The guests were led to dad’s office and we were about to sneak off upstairs when mom stopped us.

“I want you two to get the guest rooms ready,” she said, crossing her arms. Caught.

“But mom…” I whined but she tsked, shaking her head.

“Don’t think I didn’t notice you two at the dining table. Now scat,” she said sternly but playfully, hitting us with her dishtowel.

“Come on Alexia, it won’t be that bad,” Zane said, taking my hand and ran up the stairs, dragging me like a ragdoll. We finally reached the guest wing and made sure the bed sheets were fresh and the room looked decent. “What do you think about them?” Zane suddenly asked, catching me off guard while I was fluffing a pillow.

“They look really young,” I observed.

“Ew, don’t tell me you have a crush on them,” he said with a disgusted face.

“No, of course not!” I threw the pillow at him, hitting him straight in the face. Bulls eyes.

“What was that for?” He sounded hurt but he was the master at emotions so I wasn’t too worried.

“I was checking to see if the pillow had enough fluff. Guess it did,” I shrugged. Seconds afterwards, a full blast of a pillow fight erupted, white pillows flying everywhere across the room. Within a few minutes, the floor became layered with pillows and things were getting pretty messy.

“Eat this,” Zane grinned and shoved a pillow in my face. I yelled but the sound of my voice was lost into the pillow.

“You suck,” I spat once I was released.

A knock came from the door and it opened, revealing the Alpha and Jace. All four of us stood in shock. We were in a shitload of trouble.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

139K 7.5K 34
Thrown out and bashed by her own family, April Rutter was among the only wolves who couldn't shift nor held any powers. Mocked by male wolves and abu...
30.3K 1K 13
Being a werewolf wasn't all bad, I had a pack, loving yet annoying family, friends, tight knit community. The one thing I really hated was the season...
112K 7.7K 46
Shade Shadows is what the pack calls a Keffer, a cursed name for a being without a wolf and therefore denied the moon goddesses' greatest gift, a mat...
18.6K 670 53
Hannah Jefferson, the daughter of the Alpha of the silver pack, feels unfulfilled in her life. She yearns to meet her mate, hoping this will allow he...