Chapter Three

Hey guys! Hope you've been having fun reading this so far. Here's the third Chapter! It turned out to be longer than my other ones. Well that means more action and much more in store! This is just the beginning(; The next Chapter will be more action and maybe sad~ Hope you guys enjoy. Comment, like, vote, love, hate!~

“Well this is nice,” Jace mused, breaking the silence that seemed to drone on forever. Alpha Slade didn’t seem to be too amused, more like pissed and annoyed. “Come on Lucas. You’ve always complained that you didn’t have enough pillows to support your back. Now you’ve got what you wanted,” Jace joked.

“This will be all picked up when I get back showering,” he grumbled and left. What a jerk. I wanted to go after him and give him a piece of my mind but I didn’t see a great conclusion if I did.

“Well, that went better than I had thought,” Jace said, plopping himself on the pillow-less bed. At least someone felt comfortable.

“We’re very sorry Mr. Kyler,” Zane apologized.

“No need,” he waved his hands, “but you should start picking those up before Mr. Grouchy comes back.”

We quickly picked up all the pillows and to my surprise, we didn’t even trade rude remarks for once in our life. I noticed Zane looked really nervous and concentrated on the task at hand which was another surprise for me. He was never serious or at least in front of me. He was always happy and carefree. When the tiring task was finished I asked if Jace needed anything else.

“Calling me by my first name? I like it,” he mused. “I’d like a glass of water if you would be so kind,” he smiled politely and we left.

“Dang, we are so screwed when dad finds out,” Zane said when we were back in the hallway.

“No dip, Sherlock,” I groaned. “I’ll go get the water,” I volunteered, already making my way downstairs.

Zane rubbed his neck and groaned, “I think you injured me with those pillows.”

“It was a pillow, Zane, not a bowling ball,” I rolled my eyes. He could get so dramatic at times.

“Come on, don’t be a puss.  I won the pillow fight anyways,” Zane said, leaning on the handrail, looking down at me with one of his wicked smiles that made his eyes bluer than blue itself. If that was even possible.

“You’re so immature,” I laughed.

“Might I say the same to you sis,” he smiled and saluted mockingly as I continued my way to the kitchen.

Thankfully my mom wasn’t there when I entered. I didn’t want to be scolded if she had already heard about our eventful incident. I quickly grabbed a clean glass and filled it with ice cold water ran upstairs, trying to avoid getting caught.

I knocked on the door and Jace’s voice told me to ‘come hither.’ He was definitely one of the weird guys I’ve ever met. I came in with the water in hand when suddenly a loud yell erupted inside the room.

“Why’d you let her in?” I heard Alpha Slade’s voice just before I saw him…Half naked. Only a thin towel was wrapped around his waist, his upper body well toned with a nice eight pack. Jace laughed hysterically and I looked away blushing. I quickly handed Jace his glass, regretting I had never asked him if he needed anything.

“You can look if you want,” Jace said, still laughing. “I’m too used to it because he always strips in front of me. It’s quite disturbing but he can’t help himself," Jace joked.

“I’d rather not,” I said, keeping my eyes only on Jace and away from the Alpha.

“Shut up, Jace. Of all the people, you shouldn’t be talking,” the Alpha teased. He went in the closet and came back with pants and a shirt.