This is Glek

By varzanic

(Sequel to Beloved) Helix is at war, and they're loosing. Tobias is called to the front lines to lead his men... More

(Part 1) Chapter 1: Trouble
Chapter 2: Fashion Statement
Chapter 3: The Emperor's Banquet
Chapter 4: Counter Attack
Chapter 5: Suspicion
Chapter 6: A Scorned Pet
Chapter 8: Valorous
Chapter 9: Will and Testament
Chapter 10: Gone
Chapter 11: Gift from God
Chapter 12: Taming the Devil's Pet
Chapter 13: Thanos
Chapter 14: Forget
(Part 2) Chapter 15: Saving Your Neck
Chapter 16: Mending Helix
Chapter 17: Unsynced
Chapter 18: The Devil's Return
Chapter 19: A Monster
Chapter 20: Worthy of a Reward
Chapter 21: Demons
Chapter 22: Mind Games
Chapter 23: One Shot
Chapter 24: Until You've Killed Someone
Chapter 25: Bits and Pieces
Chapter 26: Headaches
Chapter 27: Mountain Cat
Chapter 28: Wake-Up Call
Chapter 29: The Final Beast
Chapter 30: One Must Die
Chapter 31: Underground
Chapter 32: To Hell with It
Chapter 33: Beloved

Chapter 7: War Declaration

8K 452 27
By varzanic

~This chapter has an unedited version with a sexually explicit scene, which can be read for free on Radish Fiction, or on Wattpad in The Nitty Gritty which can be found on my profile~

Once the ship had docked, Tobias led me by the hand down the corridor of a larger space ship. Men moved out of his way with a solute. He opened a door and ushered me inside. Closing it, he flipped a switch, so the panel glowed red.

I stared at him and back up against the desk.

"Well," he said with a big breath. "I'd say today was a success." He nodded and took off his hat. "We got a lot accomplished."

My knees buckled, and I fell to the ground, clasping my mouth.

"Raja," he sighed, kneeling in front of me. The general pulled me into his arms and kissed my forehead. "I'm going to have a word with Eric about being early."

"You're not funny," I breathed. "So stop."

He held me tightly to him. "I'm sorry, you weren't supposed to be there to see that."

"You killed those men," I said softly. "You shot them."

"They were giving information to the Taris government."

"Taris?" I rubbed my eyes.

Tobias tucked my hair behind my ear. "The ones who attack our home, and they're also responsible for the explosive at the banquet as well as other attacks across Helix."

I wiped my face. "So it's over? We're safe now, right? You took care of it, so now we can go home."

Hugging me, he tucked my head under his chin. "I'm working on it."

"Then no." My body sagged. "We can't go home."

The speaker started to beat. Tobias stood and pressed a button on his desk. "Yes?"

"You're needed, the emperor is about to make the announcement."

"I'll be there in a moment." He helped me to my feet and led me to a joined room. Opening the door, he ushered me inside.

It was a rather nice bedroom. The bed wasn't as big as the one back home, but still large enough for us both. The door to the bathroom was also open and I spotted a tub. I needed a soak in a hot bath.

"I'll be back soon." He tipped my cheek up to him and gave me a kiss, before leaving.

With a sigh, I sat down on the bed. My head hurt. I hadn't been expecting that. I finally get to see Tobias, and it after he just executed a bunch of men. Falling back, I rubbed my eyes. He was in so much trouble.

I rolled over and grabbed all the pillows. A remote was sitting on the nightstand. I grabbed it and press the on button. A scream rose up out of the baseboard. I clicked through the channels trying to find one that didn't require much thought. I settled on some random animation with an assortment of talking animals.

The TV went black. I sat up and changed the channel. All were the same. A picture reappeared, and my eyes grew wide. The emperor was standing with his officers, Tobias was at his side.

"People of Helix, we have been betrayed by our own, and we have discovered that Taris is responsible for the recent attacks upon the empire. They were fed information from within our ranks. The men responsible have been terminated and as of today, we are declaring war on the Republic of Taris. Any and all who are found to be associating with citizens of the Republic will be deemed traitors and sentenced to death." The emperor stood tall. "Now is the time to show your allegiance to Helix." He stepped to the side and a man took his place.

Tobias left with Eric. A question and answer session started. I flicked off the TV and curled into a ball. It was Official. Helix was at war, and my lover was the leader of the armed forces.

***

The door opened later that night. I didn't need to look to know it was Tobias. The smell of ham filtered into the room with him.

"I heard the announcement," I said softly.

Tobias let out a deep breath and set a platter on the table resting between two armchairs. "Forgot to limit your technologies access."

"You weren't going to tell me." I sat up. "You're going to war, and you weren't going to tell me!"

He sat quietly on the corner of the bed.

"What is going on Tobias?" I snapped. "No more lies." I pulled at my hair. "I'm tired of sitting around trapped in random safe houses waiting for someone to tell me you're still alive."

"Come here." He held out his hand to me.

"No," I muttered. "I'm pissed at you."

"Raja," he said softly. "Come here."

Crawling over, I leaned against his side. "Stay with me. Don't go, please don't." I buried my face in his uniform.

"It's my duty, Raja. I have to protect the empire. I have to protect you."

"Then hold me," I whispered. "Hold me before you disappear again."

Tobias brought my lips to his and parted my lips. We parted. I started to undo the button on the front of his uniform. He tossed his hat onto a chair and tossed his coat next to it, before pulling his undershirt over his head. I leaned forward and kissed his chest. He was thinner. I ran my hand down his side, tracing every indent.

Tipping up my chin, he kissed me again. "Lift your hair for me."

I gathered it up and turned. Tobias unlocked my collar and set it on the nightstand. My hair fell about my shoulders.

"Come here." He leaned back against the bottom bedpost.

I straddled him and left a trail of kisses along his shoulder and up his neck. Tobias played with my hair as I did so. I loved this man. Even after all these years, he was still my beloved. I pledged my life to him.

The general carefully laid me down. "You look beautiful."

Guiding his lips to mine, I kissed him slowly and enjoying every moment I had left before he left me again.

"Shit," hissed Tobias, kissing me hard. "Don't make this so hard."

My eyes met his. Those red eyes, I had thought belonged to the devil.

I cupped his cheek. "Stay with me."

"Tonight is yours," he whispered. "For now, that's all I can give."

***

I brushed my fingers along Tobias's collarbone. "Do you think others are working for Taris?"

"Everyone aboard this ship has been cleared, and all other units are being swept. If they are others, we'll find them and dealt with."

"How'd you find out about those men?"

He rubbed my shoulder. "I suspected that someone within Helix was involved with the attacks. I was planning on going home that day they bomb the house. Very few people knew about my plans to visit the mansion. I received a message from Eric on the way and had to change routes." Tobias laid his head against mine. "Eric already expected that it was someone on the inside that arranged the attack at the banquet. It was confirmed when the mansion was hit."

I sucked in my lips. "When do you have to leave?"

He shifted and pulled the blanket further up. "Let's not talk about that right now."

"Just promise me you're going to be safe." I sat up and met his gaze.

"I've always have been." He kissed me. "They don't put general's on the front line, Raja."

"It still scares me," I rested my head on his chest. "Someone could be sent to kill you. They've already tried twice already, how do you know it won't happen again."

"Hey," Tobias said sternly. He sat me up and grabbed my upper arm. "Enough. Don't think like that. I'm fine."

With a frown, I fell forward and put my arms around his neck. "Where am I staying while you're gone?"

"You'll be staying in a safe house with Sora. You be kept far away from any kind of danger."

"Yeah," I breathed. I wasn't looking forward to being locked in some cement block again. I just wish Tobias could be locked up with me in that cement block. "Will you call?"

"When I can." He adjusted the covers over my body. "For now, let's just enough the time we have." He pressed his lips to my cheek.

My stomach started to growl.

"Don't move." He gave me a peck and climb out of bed. Returning with the tray, he laid it on my legs. "It probably not warm anymore."

"That's okay."

He joined me again and put an arm around my shoulders. I removed the lid and grabbed the bottle of juice. I twisted off the cap and took a drink. I ate quickly as Tobias looked through his phone.

I noticed he was going through his messages. Reaching over, I took it from him and tossed it to the bottom of the bed.

He sighed and laid down, with his arms around my waist.

"Tonight, you're mine." I finished my food and place the tray on the ground. I curled up next to him. "No general bullshit."

Tobias pinched my side. I jumped and stared at him shocked.

He just gave me that classic smirk and yanked me back into his embrace. "No swearing." The general kissed my cheek. "You know that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.6K 4.9K 29
(OLD VERSION) A soul, wishing to be free of its confines. A kingdom, harsh and unwilling to unlock the chains. Davian was taken from his home from a...
1.1M 38.4K 42
Matthew is sixteen years old and finally in a stable environment, after being in multiple foster homes. But then he gets kidnapped and his whole worl...
262K 12.3K 33
When a game goes too far, Varian wakes to an unfamiliar room. He's tortured and taunted by a masked man that's set on breaking not just his body but...
1.6M 61.1K 45
This story is being republished on wattpad! The whole series in already on Amazon and Smashwords! Enjoy :D A chain and a collar can imprison a noblem...