Someone better |l.h|

By xxHemmoidkxx

In which Luke is in a relationship with Victoria's older sister, Claire, but Victoria and everyone else knows... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
epilogue

6

9.4K 277 141
By xxHemmoidkxx

Wednesday came quickly and we found ourselves in the same diner where Luke, Calum, Michael and Ashton preformed last time we saw them. Harry and Mia were sharing a pizza and Sam and I ate a hamburger. It was yet another hour before the band would preform so they came over and sat down quickly. 

Calum and Luke sat down beside me. "So excited for tonight. I heard there would be more people here tonight than ever." Calum grinned. Luke didn't say anything, he just stared at his phone. "Luke's waiting for Claire to text him back. He asked her to come again, bet she won't be here." Calum whispered to me, but Luke heard and glared at Calum. "Shut up, she said she would come." Luke snapped, turning his attention to his phone again.

After some minutes, Luke sighed and threw his phone at the table. I patted his shoulder awkwardly. We hadn't really been talking since the night at the party, but I decided to speak up. "If she told you she would come, she'll probably come." I assured. Luke's eyes softend and he nodded. Before I could say anything else, he grabbed one handfull of my french fries, smirking. "Luke!" I complained. "I'm hungry." he said, his mouth full of my fries. I rolled my eyes. "Buy your own." I pouted.

We just laughed and talked for a while before Luke's eyes widened and he stood up, running over to the door. We all turned around with wide eyes, seeing Claire stand there. She didn't look quite happy, but Luke looked like a kid on christmas. "She actually came, after almost a year of Luke's begging." Ashton snorted. 

Luke kissed her and looked so in love, it kind of hurt. I didn't know why, but I just hated seeing them like that. I had to shake my jealous thoughts out of my head, why was I even jealous? "Oh no, no no no!" Harry whined when Luke intertwined his fingers with Claire's and brought her to our table. His smile made me smile, I couldn't help it, but my smile dropped when Claire was standing there, glaring at everyone.

"Why are you hanging out with those losers?" she asked Luke, hinting to me and my friends. Luke rolled his eyes. "Come on, Claire, don't say that. You do realise that one of them is your sister?" he stated, sitting down beside me again. Claire glared at me, then Harry, Sam and Mia. 

It was some awkward ten minutes where Luke was talking silently with Claire while she was making it obvious that she didn't want to be here. I didn't understand why Claire had to be a bitch when she saw how happy Luke was when she came, because he was now frowning again.

 "I think it's time to go on stage." Ashton said, eyeing the audience. I notcied that there were a lot of people here again and smiled, it was even more people today than last time. The others nodded and Luke quickly kissed Claire before he followed the others. 

The four of them got applauce as Ashton introduced themselves. Claire snorted, leaning over to me. "Why do they call their band 5 seconds of summer?". I rolled my eyes. "Why not? Claire your boyfriend is in that band.". I earned a glare from Claire. "I know he's my boyfriend, but the band name is stupid." she snapped.

Their first song was try hard and they were amazing as always. Luke looked so happy when Claire was there, always smiling to her, but she didn't even smile back. After some time she sighed. "I shouldn't come here. This isn't even my music taste." she stated.

 I was about to say something when Harry interrupted me. "He is your fucking boyfriend, Claire. Suck it up and be proud of him. Can't you see how happy he is?". Claire rolled her eyes. "You're annoying. You know what? All of you are annoying. I'm leaving, it's your fault." Claire spat, standing up.

 She grabbed her purse, glaring at me. "Claire, think about Luke. He'll get sad when you just leave." I stated, but Claire rolled her eyes. "He'll get to know it's your fault that I left!" she yelled, storming out of the diner.

My eyes widened and I turned to Luke only to see that he was already staring at us. He had furrowed eyebrows and hurt eyes. When his eyes locked with mine, he shook his head, looking away. I noticed that he didn't enjoy playing at all right now and I couldn't help but feel guilty even though it wasn't my fault at all.

After the preformance, Luke rushed over to our table, glaring at us. "What the hell happened back here? Why did Claire leave?" he asked, crossing his arms, but his eyes were locked on mine. "I-" I began, but was interrupted. "Your girlfriend was being a bitch and we told her to stop being a bitch and she left, telling us it was our fault." Harry said. Luke frowned. "What do you mean?". 

"She was telling us that she thought your band name was stupid, that it wasn't her kind of music and that she shouldn't have come here." I mumbled awkwardly, avoiding eye contact with Luke. "She told you that?" he asked, hurt in his voice. "Yeah.." I whispered.

When Ashton, Calum and Michael finally came over, they tried telling Luke something, but he shook his head and rushed out of the diner. "What happened?" Ashton asked, suprised by Luke's outburst. We started explaining everything to them and they sighed. 

"He deserves so much better than that bitch." Michael muttered, sitting down beside me. "Yeah." I whispered, looking down at my hands. "He really chose the wrong sister though." Ashton stated. My head snapped up, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Oh come on, you're so much better than that bitch, you actually try to make him feel better when he has had a fight with her. You get him in a better mood and everything. All Claire does is to hurt him." Michael explained.

 I felt my cheeks heat up, thinking about what they said, but then shook my head. Claire was so much better than me, she wasn't as boring as me. I decided to change the subject, not in the mood to talk about it because why would Luke ever choose someone like me?

When I came home, seeing Claire walk out to a party once again, I wasn't really suprised. I decided to just walk into my bedroom and listen to one of Luke's CDs and read. 

I was in the middle of the book when there was a knock on my door. I quickly rushed to the door and saw Luke standing there, eyes bloodshot and hair in a mess. "Claire isn't here." I whispered, but he shook his head, walking into the apartment. "I didn't come for Claire." he mumbled.

 I frowned, not liking this side of Luke. He was in fact crying. "Oh, Luke. What'swrong?" I asked. Luke's bottom lip trembled and before I knew it, he wrapped his arms around me. I was really suprised, but let him hug me as I put my arms around his waist too. My heart was beating faster and the butterflies in my stomach was going wild, but I shook the thoughts out of my head, knowing Luke needed comfort right now.

"I- I'm s-sorry I didn't know where else to go." he sobbed into my shoulder. "Luke, it's alright. Do you want to tell me why you're crying?" I asked. It was a long silence between the two of us where we just stood there, hugging. 

I hadn't hugged Luke before, but it was already on top of my favourite things now. His arms were strong and safely wrapped around me and he had his head nuzzled in the crook of my neck. Since he was so much taller than me, my head was placed on his chest where I heard his beating heart. I loved this, just being so close to him.

"Claire won't answer the phone and I couldn't be alone right now. I'm just so tired." he whispered, his lips brushing my shoulder. "Tired of what?" I asked, not sure if I pushed him now. "Tired of arguing with Claire. I just feel like I'm the bad guy all the time, but I don't really think I am. I think she just wants me to feel like this and I hate the feeling." he explained. I pulled away a bit and saw that he was still crying. Before I knew what I was doing, I cupped his face. 

"Luke, listen to me now okay? You're not the bad guy. You're always so caring to my sister and it's a shame that she's behaving like she does towards you. You don't deserve that feeling like you're not good enough because you are good enough, Luke, and if Claire doesn't see that, I feel really bad for her." I explained to him. 

Luke's eyes softened and he quickly wiped his eyes. I let go of his face and pulled away, feeling awkward. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." I sighed. Luke gave me a small smile. "It's alright, it was nice hearing someone say that. It means a lot, Vic.". My eyes widened as he called me Vic and so did his. "I'm sorry, I thought it would be okay to call you Vic. I can call you Victoria if you want." he mumbled, staring down at his hands. I giggled at how awkward we were. "Luke, Vic is fine." I assured.

Luke didn't seem like he wanted to go home, so I told him we could watch a movie. He followed me into my bedroom and just as I thought he was happy again, a frown came onto his face again. I then understood that the CDs Luke had made Claire was laying on my bed because I had looked trough them. "Shit." I mumbled, grabbing them as I put them away. 

Luke looked confused. "Why do you have the CDs I made Claire?". I quickly paused the CD I was currenly listening to. "Uhm.. Luke it doesn't matter." I sighed, not wanting to tell him the truth. Luke frowned, walking over to me with crossed arms. "It does, tell me." he ordered. I bit down on my bottom lip nervously. "Claire gives the CDs to me because she doesn't like the music." I blurted out. 

I noticed how Luke just stared right in front of him. He was currenly having a staring contest with my white wall. "L-luke?" I stuttered. "I heard you." he mumbled, walking over to my bed. "She gives you them? Hasn't she listened to any of them?" he asked. He clenched his jaw as he glared at the CDs.

"N-no, I'm sorry" I whispered. Luke shook his head. "I can't believe it. I asked her everytime if she liked the CDs and which one she liked the best and she answered a song on the CD." he mumbled, leaning his head in his hands. I frowned as I sat down beside him.

"She always asked me what song was my favorite and I answered my favorite and then she told you that one." I explained. I couldn't see Luke's face anymore, but he looked kind of angry and tense. "Luke." I mumbled, grabbing his hands so I could pull them away from his face. I ignored the electricity I felt as our hands came in contact and let go quickly. 

"If it makes you feel any better, I really liked the CDs. The music is perfect." I stated. Luke shook his head. "That doesn't make me feel better, she fucking lied to me, Vic! I'm so stupid." he groaned, slapping his head. "No, Luke. Stop it. This is Claire's fault and I suggest you to have a talk to her tomorrow, okay? Let's stop thinking about it now because it only makes you sadder. Let's watch modern family." I said, giving him a small smile as I grabbed his hand and pulled him off my bed. 

Luke looked like he debated on watching modern family with me, but after some time, he nodded. I handed him a blanket, grabbing a blanket myself. We sat down on each side of the couch, having a distant between us. I kind of wanted to scoot closer, but that would be so wrong, seeing that he was in a relationship with my sister and would never see me as anything else than a somewhat friend. I didn't even know if he saw me as a friend either. "Vic?" Luke asked, turning his head to me. I stared at him and he gave me a small, but sad smile. "Thanks for making me feel better.". I nodded, giving him a smile too. "No problem, Luke.". 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 381 39
Mallie never expected for anything to happen when her and her friends go out their first night in Los Angeles. When she meets Luke Hemmings, a singer...
2.9K 56 20
Ashton and Kelsey have been best friends ever since they can remember. Through all of their own ups and downs, they've always had each other, but whe...
371K 10.5K 35
In which a popular boy who cares too much about his reputation meets a girl who hates attention.
61K 1.7K 47
"Why don't you talk to anyone?" "Why don't you?" Bailey moves schools constantly. She's always been too shy to talk to anybody, but this all changes...