New York To Los Angeles

By Hidden_shadows98

A surprise move from her home city of New York, to Los Angeles has Amelia in a whirlwind of emotions. But it... More

Chapter 1- New York To Los Angeles
Chapter 2- Los Angeles at last
Chapter 3- Sleepover and Pranks?
Chapter 4- A Game Of Soccer Anyone?
Chapter 5 - First Day Of School Joy!
Chapter 6 - The Diner and Bella
Chapter 7- Midnight Misfits and The Carters
Chapter 8- Dodgeball and Bonding?
Chapter 9- What You Aren't A Fan Of 1D? ;)
Chapter 10- The Drama has only just begun....
Chapter 11- WestOak gains an Oompa Loompa
Chapter 13 - I Ditch School
Chapter 14 -Secrets...How Stupid Could I Have Been?
Chapter 15- Screw My Hardened Heart!
Chapter 16 - An Afternoon With The Player
Chapter 17- The She-Devil Has A Little Sister?
Chapter 18 - Sasha's Point Of View
Chapter 19 - Soccer Season & Sasha
Chapter 20 - A Party With A Side Of Drama
Authors note
Chapter 21 - Confusion, Jealousy and Reese
Chapter 22 - Music And A Whole Lot Of Awkward
Chapter 23 - Just A Kiss Goodnight
Chapter 24 - Like You Never Existed
Chapter 25 - Christmas And Unwanted Guests
Chapter 26 - Jake's POV
Chapter 27- A Heated Apology
Chapter 28 - The First Date
Chapter 29 - Love Is In The Air
Chapter 30 - 'These Words'
Epilogue - Part one
Epilogue - Part two
Epilogue - The End

Chapter 12 - Chase finds a girl and Alex throws a fit

4.4K 120 9
By Hidden_shadows98

I was wondering does anyone have any ideas on possible songs for the past chapters that i haven' posted a song on. message me or simply drop a comment :) Warning some swearing in this chapter towards the end

********************************************************************************************************

"GOOD MORNING L.A!" the stupid radio announcer screams through my alarm clock. The song 'good morning' by Mandisa and Tony Mack flows through the speakers not long after.

"Too early" Courtney moaned. I grunted my agreement before looking at the time and doing a double take.

"Who the hell put my alarm for five thirty!" I shrieked immediately waking up.

"That would be me" Hailey replies coming out from my bathroom dressed for training. "Come on we've only got an hour 'till training" she continues as she notices my blank stare and Courtney's glare.

I walk downstairs so Courtney can take a shower and made some toast for Hailey and I.

"Has Jake formed his team yet?" I ask making conversation.

'Yep we'll being having combined practises on Tuesday. Can't wait to kick their ass" she says happily eating her toast while I burst into laughter.

"Someone wants revenge...What did he do to you?" I ask calming down.

"His team flipping beat mine last year and that was only because my three best players were distracted! Since he had set one of his hottest players on all three of them. They found out but instead of being angry at the guy they got jealous of each other and ended up nearly killing each other on the field. Thank god they graduated last year" she shudders a scowl on her face.

I burst into laughter halfway through "Oh...man...he really is something. He did that all just to win a game?!"

"Yep and if that asshole sets us up again I'll just have to make sure to be one step ahead of him" she says grinning evilly.

"Well I'll support you if you do" I reply placing my plate in the sink as Courtney comes down looking refreshed and a whole lot happier.

*********************

Twenty minutes later and we arrived at school simultaneously with Coach Melissa and Rayne.

"Hey you guys are early" Melissa says walking towards the field.

"That's because somebody had the brilliant idea of waking us up and half past five!" Courtney whined glaring at Hailey who just snickered.

"Well you can help me set up the field" with that all five of us got to work, setting up the soccer goals and other drills.

I was currently running a couple of laps when one of the girls in the team caught up to me, a smile on her face.

"Hey I'm Amanda, your Amelia right?" she asks. I nod.

"Nice to meet you" I reply politely, I was already on my seventh lap and currently running out of energy.

"Well we'll be seeing more of each other if you join the school newspaper" she asks hopefully looking sideways at me. I frowned thinking about it, I'm not sure I wanted to be on the newspaper at a new school. I just wanted to focus on my study and sports.

"Um........"

"Look just think about it. No pressure it will just be random columns so no hard, time consuming work" she gave me one last smile before running off, meanwhile I collapsed on the grass after doing my required eight laps. Man I was out of shape.. I thought. Being midfielder meant a lot of running so I could not get tired so easily. With that thought I headed over to where the drills were set up and trained twice as hard than I normally would.

************

It wasn't until after training when we changing into comfortable clothing, that I found out how people were reacting to Sasha's new makeover and let me tell you it was hilarious.

"OH my gosh! You guys won't believe this!' Stephanie (a girl from the team) squealed.

"What? Spit it out already" Sally urged looking at her curiously and I giggled watching amused as the whole team listens in.

"Sasha a.k.a royal bitch has the worst tan ever! It looks damn hilarious!" She laughed and I shook my head anticipating their next question.

"Seriously? I wonder what caused that" Sally replies with wide eyes, taking this as my queue I cleared my throat.

"It's not what caused that, it's who caused that" I reply smirking, watching as realization dawns on their faces before they smile.

"Sasha is going to murder you!" Bree says with wide eyes, out of all of us she was the quietest and the sweetest, though I've only known her for a day....

"Well then I'll just have to be prepared won't I?" I smile and walk out the room excited to see everyone else's reaction.

Entering Algebra class I instantly gained the attention of a few girls who were staring at me with looks of awe, admiration and some even looked .... a little scared . That was new. Sitting down at my seat I was bombarded with questions from the two guys who have experienced my pranking ways.

"Tell me you aren't the reason behind Sasha's new carrot look" Daniel pleaded looking at me with a hopeful expression, Jake's reaction was the complete opposite.

"God that must be one of the greatest pranks ever! Nice work Mia" he sends me a wink and I laugh.

Once a player, always a player. I think to myself.Though I hope that doesn't apply to Chase, I mean Alex changed didn't he? So maybe Chase can too. Okay going off track there Mia. Turning my attention towards Daniel I replied.

"It's a roasted cashew look actually, not carrot. And don't worry it will only last two weeks".

That calmed Daniel down and his face broke out into a smile.

"Well in that case awesome job" he gives me a high five and out of the corner of my eye I see Lily looking longingly at Daniel. When she sees me looking she rearranging her face in to a smile but it seemed a little forced. I smile back and keep that reaction in the back of my mind.

***********************************************************************************************

Hushed silence broke out into the cafeteria when I entered, it was obvious that news travels fast in this school. I'm guessing the girls in the locker room passed along the snippet of information that I was behind the prank on Sasha. Which was exactly what I wanted!

I sat down at my table and said a quick hello to everyone, the band had now adopted this table as well so we were quite a big group.

"Uh oh behind you" Danielle warns me as I sit down. I turn around in my seat to notice Sasha storming my way with stupid 1 and 2 (I should really learn their names). She was wearing a full sleeved black shirt and tight black skinny jeans, obviously trying to cover up. I'm surprised she has such conservative clothing!

"You little bitch!" Sasha screams when shes about a foot away. If I thought the cafeteria was quiet earlier you could hear a pin drop now. It was clear everyone wanted to hear the confrontation that was about to happen.

I raise an eyebrow standing up so as not to give her a height advantage. I cross my arms across my chest mentally applauding myself for wearing 'intimidating clothing' . I was wearing black skinny jeans, a navy blue top and a leather jacket. I'm such a bad ass! I hooted mentally. "Yeah now would be a good time to focus Mia" the inner me warned.

"How dare you! You know how long this stupid tan will last now?" She shouts.

"Two weeks. And you should be thanking me, I mean you like attention. And well, the tan is getting you attention. Take a look around" I answer her calmly.

"You don't want to mess with me Amelia! This, this has gone far enough" she fumed clenching her fists, it almost looked like she was going to cry.....Crap I didn't want that!

"Look Sasha, I've already told you I'm not scared of you and you go pull a prank on me. I warned you I wouldn't let you walk all over me and this horrible tan is the consequence"

"So you did this just to prove to me you won't be a pushover?!"

"Pretty much" i shrug

"Watch your back Amelia Johnson, because I won't back down that easy" she threatens in a quiet voice before running out of the cafeteria. I stare at her retreating back in shock, for once I saw Sasha as a girl with feelings; not just a pesky bitch who needed to be brought down to size.

"Wow that was...." Brandon starts

"Intense?" I suggest sitting down before addressing the nosy school.

"Don't you guys have anything better to do?" I asked annoyed.

"Don't you guys have anything better to do?" I asked annoyed. They turned around but it was clear they were still keeping a close eye on our table.

"You sure know how to get yourself into trouble Amelia" Drake speaks up shaking his head.

"What can I say? It's a gift" I shrug my shoulders nonchalantly and he laughs.

"Did you fight with the dreadful Queen Bee at your old school too?" Zach says dramatically leaning in.

"Nope we pretty much ignored each others existence, it was a lot easier that way. Plus I was on the school paper and soccer team I could've easily taken Michaela down" I say smugly.

"WOW you really do have an evil side....I mean when Daniel and Jake told me I didn't believe them but wow..." Zach trails off smirking a little at Daniel who was fidgeting nervously under my stare.

"OH really? Huh..." narrowing my eyes at Dan like I was going to interrogate him I pretend to think. "Thanks for the compliment" I laugh watching Daniel's nervous face turn into a scowl as he realised I was teasing him.

Just then Rebbecca and Cameron walk into the cafeteria holding hands, when they reach our table I wiggle my eyebrows and smile "And when did this new couple become official?"

Rebecca blushed and Cameron moved his arm so he was now holding her by the waist.

"Last night" he beamed kissing her on the cheek. Danielle Courtney, Bridget and I fake gasp.

"And you never told us!" Bridget faked outrage.

"How could you!" Courtney faked sobbed and Lucas wrapped his arm around her which made me smirk and wink at the two. Courtney blushed while Lucas shook his head laughing a little, a smirk on his face.

"Well congrats, you two make a cute couple" I grin.

"Who looks like a cute couple?" Jake asks coming to our table, Lily in tow.

"Rebbecca and Cameron" I reply watching Lily take a seat next to Daniel, the two striking up a conversation quickly. Meanwhile Jake was sitting on my left.

"Sure they're cute but I can think of a cuter couple" Jake said smirking causing us all to look at him.

"Oh yeah who?" Cameron asked.

"Me and the gorgeous Mia of course" the same irritating smirk on his face, man how I want to slap that off! Wait what did he say! Once I processed what he actually said I choke on my Pepsi and notice that people are actually thinking the idea over.

"One, we are not a couple. Two, will never be a couple an three. We wouldn't make a cute couple even if we were one" I tick off the list using my fingers.

"Aww baby you hurt me....right here" he replies patting the place on his chest where his heart is.

"Aww...well...piss me off and I'll hurt you down there" I smile sweetly.

"Ooh getting violent are we?" he asks smirking and leans in. I push his face away and roll my eyes not justifying his comment with an answer. "And now I'm receiving the silent treatment. Don't worry babe I know you want me, I can see it in your eyes" He winks and the table starts chuckling noticing my red-with anger- face.

"I thought we had this conversation yesterday. And I thought that I made it pretty clear that I'm not interested!" I say through clenched teeth.

"Ah I see you're still playing the denial card, don't worry you'll come around soon enough" That's it! Time for some serious action!

"You're right" I sigh plonking myself down on his lap, shocking everyone at the table as well as the surrounding ones.

"See I knew you'd come around" he grins wrapping his arms around my waist. Two things were going through my mind right now, first Geesh how full of himself is he? and second (though I'll never admit this) God his arms around me feel like heaven!.

"I guess.... I just can't deny it any longer. I mean look at you captain of the soccer team! You're just irresistable" I whisper into his ear, my whole act nearly going drown the drain when I see the shock on my friend's faces. Now for the main event.

"U-u-uh thanks" he stuttered dazed by my actions. Perfect. Grabbing my bottle of ice cold water I unscrew the top and dump it on his head, jumping off his lap in the process.

His once tousled hair now had a drenched dog look and his blue shirt was now slightly damp since I only had a little water left, he was in luck. He shook his hair muttering swear words loudy while everyone laughed.

"O-oh gosh! For a second there I thought Amelia was saying the truth!" Zach squeezes out clutching his stomach.

"I know right! She had me scared for a minute" Bridget adds.

"Why thank you guys! My acting skills are exceptional. Don't you think Jake?" I ask him with a smug look on my face. "Oh and don't worry, I know you're secretly in love with the awesomeness that is Amelia Johnson. You just need to get past the denial stage" I pat his hair sympathetically and practically run out of the cafeteria when I see the glare directed at me.

**

"So how's life Lil sis" Chase asked me as we drove home at the end of the day. Today was Thursday and I was meant to have after school soccer practise but we had a morning one instead, fortunately. It's been way too long since I've had a proper chat with Chase and we usually have a close relationship. It was kind of sad really, I really need to work on that!

"Just peachy! I had a fight with Julia yesterday, got prank-ed by Sasha, returned the favour. Now having a crazy prank war with Sasha, enjoyed bowling yesterday AND I totally embarrassed Jake at lunch" I replied all in one breath.

"Phew" he whistled "Sorry I haven't been there for you Mia" he looks at me with a guilty expression but I just wave him off.

"It's fine. It's not like I've been keeping you in the loop anyway" I then tell him all that he's missed out on these past few days.

"Well it looks like you're settling in nicely" he smirks at me "How are things with Julia by the way?"

I sigh "I called her but she ignored my all seven times! So now it's up to her" I say sadly. "Anyway how's your life?" I ask him trying to change the subject. He frowns at me a little before letting it pass.

"It's going good actually. Hailey and I got to know each other a bit better yesterday, she's the only girl who has ever bothered to talk to me after I play them. Not that they didn't have a good reason of course" he says quickly a small smile on his face as he talks about Hailey. "She really is smart and loves watching football games! Plus she likes the Marianas Trench!" he exclaims.

WOW this is big! Chase is absolutely in love with the band! Seems like Hailey has earned respect in Chase's books. I smile a little at my rambling brother talking about the things the two have in common. It was cute!

When we arrived home I went straight to my room to catch up on my homework and wouldn't you know it! It took my till dinner time to finish it all! Teachers are the devil's spawn honestly!

At dinner Chase carried on rambling about the wonders of Hailey to my parents, funnily he got started when my Mum asked him to "Can you pass the salad please Chase". Chase then went on about how Hailey isn't one of those girls who is worried about her weight and likes her food. It's amazing how a couple of days playing her he never realised all this but a night bowling and he's a fricking encyclopedia on all the great things about Hailey.

My parents and I watched amused as he carried on speaking, their earlier shock wearing off. Chase has never talked about a girl at dinner before. My parent were smirking at each other realising that Chase did indeed like the girl, though he has yet to realise that fact. Idiot!

My Mum caught my eye and winked "Looks like our Chase has found a girl he can finally stick to" she whispers to me and I nod my agreement. Finally my player brother has a chance to change.

After that amusing dinner I was changing into my pajyamas to go to sleep in when my phone rang. Looking at the caller ID I noticed it was Alex so picked it up confused, it's around midnight in New York why is he calling now?

"Hello?" I speak into the phone sitting at my desk.

"What the hell did you do to Jules" Alex's angry voice flows out of the phone leaving me confused.

"What do you mean? I didn't do anything!" I say confused.

"Don't fucking lie Amelia! Ever since yesterday she's been in a state and I finally got her to tell me why. And what do you know it's Amelia fucking Johnson's fault! Now what the fuck did you do?" he seethes while I'm frozen in shock.

"Amelia fucking Johnson?! WHAT the hell is that supposed to mean? And this isn't just my fault you know Alexander! Julia had something to do with our fight too!" I shout amazed at how rude he was being.

"Yes. Amelia fucking Johnson because everything is about you! And please! I'm sure it's more your fault then Jules's you have a tendency to get carried away with your words" he scoffs down the phone.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Since when do you take sides in our argument! I can't believe what I'm hearing right now! We're best friends! Did she even tell you what happened exactly?" I screech, not caring I'm probably disturbing my parent's sleep right about now.

"I started taking sides when you became a snobby bitch. You might be my best friend but Julia is my gir- other best friend. And if I knew what happened I wouldn't have called to ask" he snaps.

"WELL THEN! WHY DON'T YOU JUST ASK PRECIOUS JULIA WHO CAN DO NO WRONG! WHILE I GO AND FIND SOME BETTER BFFS CAUSE MY OLD ONES SURE AREN'T SUPPORTIVE!" tears are now flowing down and I don't think I can handle anymore insults.

"YOU DO THAT! IT'S NOT LIKE WE'RE MISSING YOU ANYWAY. WE ARE BETTER OFF WITHOUT YOU. ESPECIALLY BEN AND MICHELLE NOW THEY DON'T HAVE TO HIDE THEIR LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER" at the last line I think my heart breaks, I can hear his heavy breathing on the other end as he curses for letting that little piece of information slip.

"Their what?" I whisper bringing my knees to my chest.

"Nothing, I didn't say anything Johnson. Forget it" with that he hung up on me, leaving me sobbing loudly while clutching my knees.

************************************************************************************************************

I wanted to kick Alex just then! But it had to be done. Did anyone catch his other slip up? Wasn't happy with the Sasha scene wasn't as dramatic as I hoped :( Oh well

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 72.2K 86
[FREE STORY with paid bonus content] Kathy thought she had her entire life figured out, until she realizes that, in order to find herself, she must u...
687K 12.2K 42
UNEDITED! "I can't act like I'm not in love with you!" he says at last. Every single drop of confidence fades away from my body. "What did you say?"...
78 0 7
Andy has been having trouble while at his school And comes home with a busted lip most days from fights, with Andy having a new sibling on the way an...
19.2K 355 36
(UPDATED COVER & TITLE) Y/N had a normal life. Living with her 3 best friends Aleyna, Khloe and Abby, moved into a new house about a few months ago...