Someone better |l.h|

By xxHemmoidkxx

In which Luke is in a relationship with Victoria's older sister, Claire, but Victoria and everyone else knows... More

Prologue
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
epilogue

3

10.4K 287 120
By xxHemmoidkxx

It was kind of awkward when I woke up and saw Luke still sleeping on our couch. I walked up to Claire's room, only to see that she wasn't there. Claire had probably slept over at the frat house or something because she was too drunk. I decided to just change into something else than my pajamas before I woke Luke up. I took on a black skirt and an arctic monkeys band t-shirt, braiding my blonde hair quickly. 

When I walked in to the living room again, I felt myself get nervous. It would be awkward to wake him up to be honest. I walked slowly over to him and shook his shoulder. 

"Uhm, Luke?" I asked my voice shaky because I was so nervous. 

Luke groaned and turned around, hugging the pillow he was holding onto tighter. He looked so cute and cuddly. I shook his shoulder one more time, making his eyes flutter open. Luke sat up, looking around the room confused. It was kind of cute how confused he was. 

"Uhm.. Why am I here?" he asked awkwardly. 

Hir hair was in a mess and he looked so tired. 

"You came here drunk last night, wanting to talk to Claire, but she wasn't here so you asked to sleep on the couch." I mumbled, not telling him that he complained to me about Claire, that would just make it even more awkward. Luke's eyebrows furrowed, but he nodded. 

"Okay.. Well is Claire home now or what?" he asked. I shook my head. 

"She was at a frat party last night and she probably fell asleep there.". Luke looked disappointed, but nodded. 

"If you want to eat something before school today, just make yourself at home." I shrugged. 

"Okay," Luke nodded, walking into the kitchen. 

I decided to follow him because I needed to eat something for breakfast too. I found a bowl, putting lucky charms into the bowl before sitting down. I noticed that Luke did the same, well he poured milk into the bowl too.

He sat down across me and we both avoided looking at each other. I just started eating my cereal when I felt his eyes on me. 

"You forgot the milk." he stated. I rolled my eyes playfully. 

"No, I just eat it without milk.". Luke raised his eyebrow at me. 

"Why?". 

"Because I like them crunchy and they don't stay crunchy with milk." I explained. 

Luke stared at me for some more seconds before nodding and gazing down at his food again. I frowned, did he think I was weird? 

"Claire hasn't talked about coming to my preformance today, right?" Luke mumbled after some time. I sighed, shaking my head. 

"I kind of knew that, I just.. I was kind of still hoping she would change her mind." Luke muttered, taking the spoon with lucky charms into his mouth. 

"I'm sorry, Luke." I said, giving him a sympathic smile.

We were quiet after that. It was awkward to be honest, but luckily, Harry came to the rescue. "Good morning, Victoria!" he grinned, hugging me quickly. He hadn't noticed Luke yet, but I knew he would. Harry walked to the fridge, grabbing an apple like he did everyday before he turned around, his eyes widening. "Oh uhm hey Luke." he said, staring at me with raised eyebrows. "Hey." Luke nodded, still eating his cereal. 

After eating the breakfast, we all made our way to the bus. Luke was walking in front of us, headphones on his head. "So, wanna tell me why Hemmings was at your house when Claire wasn't there?" Harry whispered. I shrugged. "He came there drunk, wanting to talk to Claire, but she wasn't home and then he slept on the couch." I explained. Harry nodded his head. 

When we finally came to school, we met with Mia and Sam. I found my books quickly and we talked for a bit before we had to walk to class. Harry and I were going to have English while they had science. 

"So what did he talk to you about when he was drunk?" Harry asked. I just shrugged, sitting down in our usual seats. "He just talked about Claire. He was sad that she wouldn't come to his preformance tonight." I explained. Harry nodded.

 "I wonder if they're any good." he suddenly said, talking about Luke's band. "I think they are." I answered. "Maybe we should go and check them out?" Harry asked just when Luke and his friends walked into the classroom, laughing like they always did. I knew that his friends were the one in the band. "Yeah, maybe we should." I agreed, looking away from Luke before he noticed my stare. That would be awkward. Well he would probably not notice though, because he never noticed me..

Lunch came by quicker than I expected and I walked over to my friends' and mine table. "So we're going to see Luke Hemming's band preform tonight, wanna join?" Harry asked Mia and Sam who looked at us, nodding. "Yeah, but where is it?" Sam asked. "I heard him tell someone that it was at this diner, I don't remember what the name was, but I know where it is." Harry explained.

After school finally was done, Mia, Sam and Harry went home with me. We decided to hang out and then later walk to the diner where Luke's band would preform. I didn't remember the name of the diner. I didn't even know Luke's band members, well I knew their names, but not anything about them. 

We were eating pizza when Claire walked in, holding her phone to her ear as she sighed. "Luke, I told you I'm not coming tonight. Can't you just shut up. I'm going to a party." she snapped before angrily hanging up. 

Claire stared at us for some seconds before shaking her head. I knew she didn't like my friends, but she didn't really have a reason. I think she just didn't like me having people around. She didn't like that she wasn't the attention. I knew Claire wanted to say something, but luckily she just stomped up the stairs. "I feel bad for Luke, why would he want to have Claire as a girlfriend?" Sam asked. I just shrugged, wanting to talk about something else. 

After two hours of us just talking and laughing, we decided to make our way to the diner. We would have to order something to eat to stay there too. It wasn't a long walk and when we came into the diner, it was a lot of people there, eating and laughing. I noticed that instruments were placed on the stage and I wondered if Luke was here already? 

We sat us in a booth almost in the front, ordering milkshakes and brownies. "I wonder if they're good." Sam said, taking a sip from his milkshake. I nodded. None of us had ever heard them before so it would be cool. I took a sip from my oreo milkshake. "This milkshake is delicious." I mumbled, but when I was about to take another sip, Harry grabbed my milkshake and took a sip himself. I pouted at him. "I ordered banana, wanted to taste yours." Harry said. "It was good by the way.". I grabbed Harry's banana milkshake and tasted, nodding. "This was delicious too, maybe I'm going to order the banana milkshake next time." I smiled, handing it over.

Ten minutes later and we heard footsteps on stage. My heartbeat quickened as I looked up to see Luke and his friends on the stage. Luke was wearing black jeans with holes on the knees, a black nirvana t-shirt and a flannel. His hair was in a quiff as usual and he looked good. He always looked good though.

 Luke's eyes studied the whole diner and I kind of knew he was still hoping that Claire would  be there because he frowned after some seconds. I decided to look at his other band mates, the one with the dark brown hair was also very handsome, I think his name was Calum. The one with the blue hair was really cool and I'm pretty sure his name was Michael. The last one with the bandana and a huge grin was Ashton, he was cute.

"Hey. We're five seconds of summer and I'm Luke. We're going to play some songs for you tonight. I hope you like it." Luke said into the microphone and I noticed that he didn't look sad anymore. He had a huge smile on his lips and I couldn't stop myself from smiling either. His dimples were showing too and his eyes were shining. "The first song we're going to play is out of my limit." Michael informed.

They started playing and my eyes were glued on Luke as he was playing the guitar and singing. They were all amazing though. I didn't know that they were that good. It was really cool that Luke didn't have to look down on his guitar to play it. I knew I would have to do that.. His eyes were on the crowd in the diner and it was suprising that so many people were in the diner. I understood why the band got paid to play here, because they got a big crowd into the diner and everyone had to order something.

Suddenly, Luke's eyes locked with mine and I noticed how he furrowed his eyebrows for some seconds. I frowned, maybe he didn't want me here? He gazed away after some seconds, a smile coming onto his face again. "They're really great." Harry whispered to me, making me nod in agreement.

After they were done preforming, they all jumped off the stage. Luke took out his phone and frowned at it, but then started talking with his bandmates. I decided to stop being creepy by staring. "Maybe we should make a band." Harry smirked, taking his arm around my shoulder. I rolled my eyes. "Harry we can't sing or play instruments." I stated. Harry giggled. "But we have good looks." he winked. 

We were discussing how I should play the triangle, Harry would sing, Sam would play the saxophone and Mia would play the accordion when we were interrupted by four people sitting down beside us. I noticed that Luke sat down right beside me and my eyes widened. 

"Hey people we actually know. There's not often people from school here." Michael laughed, waving at us. We all said a hello to them and they smiled widely. "Did you enjoy our preformance?" Calum asked. He was sitting across for me. I nodded. "You were amazing!". "That's great. You're Victoria right? We have classes together?" Ashton asked. I nodded, suprised that he actually remembered us. I felt Luke's eyes on me, but ignored it. "I'm Harry and I have classes with you too." Harry stated. Sam and Mia introduced themselves to the band and we were all messing around after some time.

It was kind of funny to talk to them, well Luke didn't talk very much, he was just looking down at his phone and frowning. "Luke's grumpy because his girlfriend couldn't come to this preformance." Calum suddeny said and patted Luke's shoulder. Luke tensed up.  "Calum, shut up." he snapped. "Victoria is Claire's sister." he mumbled awkwardly and I felt everyone's eyes at me again. 

"Oh are you? Can you tell your sister that she's a fucking bitch because she never comes to Luke's preformances?" Michael suddenly asked. I shifted awkwardly in my seat and I could hear Luke sigh. "Claire was going to a party. It wasn't her fault." Luke hissed, making his bandmates roll their eyes. 

"She always has an excuse and then blame you. Why are you together with her?" Ashton asked. Luke glared at his friends and stood up. I bit down on my bottom lip as Luke glared at me too. "Fuck you Ashton. You know I love her." he snapped before he walked out of the diner, leaving us all alone.

"Uhm that was awkward." Harry suddenly said. Calum, Ashton and Michael sighed. "Luke's just been down the whole day because of Claire. No offense Victoria, but your sister is a bitch." Michael said. I shrugged. "It's alright, I know that.". "Everybody knows that." Harry laughed, making the whole table laugh and agree.

I frowned and looked out the window to see Luke standing there with his phone pressed to his ear and a deep frown on his face. I felt bad for Luke, I really did, but if he wanted to be in a relationship like that, it was his choice.. No one could do anything about it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 697 41
In which a girl who's scared of love falls for a boy who's afraid of being left. ((Completed)) *under editing* Rankings: #2 in lukehemmings
371K 10.5K 35
In which a popular boy who cares too much about his reputation meets a girl who hates attention.
3.8K 227 48
Rory's been away for too long she's half a person without him. Michael knows how it feels to be half a person He wants her to come home.
4.1K 290 34
After a horrible break up, Luke is there to catch Michael. Till something happens and the two boys start to ignore each other.