The Alpha's mate

By xxflowerchild1996xx

Rose had never been one to believe in fate. She wasn't sure of much, but she was sure that the only people co... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
New Book?

Chapter 26

7.8K 252 4
By xxflowerchild1996xx

It was nearly midnight by the time I finally made it to bed. I hadn't seen Xavier in a few hours, but he was a big boy. It was hard to keep my eyes open, but I wanted nothing more than to stay awake. Tomorrow, well technically today, I would be accepted into the pack.

It didn't feel real, like it was all just a big dream, or nightmare, if you see it that way. I was nervous, but thankfully I didn't plan anything. Ruby and Lacey planned the whole thing.

Part of me really wanted to help, make it so it's my ceremony, not theirs, but I knew I couldn't. I only had one birthday party, that I can remember, as a kid.

Fish would take me out to dinner, but nothing special.

My parents weren't into the whole party thing, I guess I'm not either. I'm alot like them I think, we shared alot of qualities, well we used to. I wonder what they think of me, right now.

Are they proud, or our they ashamed? Did they accept my faults, or are they wherever they are, screaming at me to change?

I want to believe they're happy, but I've never really listen to their final wishes. To be safe, to live a normal life. Nothing in my life was normal.

The bedroom door opens, pullling me from my thoughts. "You should be in bed, baby." Xavier says, throwing of his shirt and pants. He was only in his boxers, as he climbs into bed next to me.

"Are you nervous about tomorrow?" He ask, pulling me to his side.

I wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head on his bare chest. "No." I lie.

"Rose, I can hear your thoughts, feel your emotions, I know when you lie."

I roll my eyes at him, he abuses his mate powers way to much.

I turn my back to him, if he thought I was going to cry into his shoulder because I was nervous, he was wrong.

He sighs, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me to his hard chest. "I love you." Is the last thing I hear before slipping into oblivion.

~~~
"What do you care for most girl?" A woman sneers at me. Only it wasn't me, it wasn't my body, it was someone else's.

"My baby." The body I'm in, sobs.

"And you're willing to give up anything to protect the child." Instead of sneering the womens voice is soft, almost slightly sympathatic.

"Yes." I was kneeling infront of this women, crying my eyes out for a child. The body's voice is so farmiliar, and so is the women infront of me.

"I will protect the child, in return for something you hold dear to you." The women kneels infront of me, lifting my head up to meet her stormy grey eyes.

"Anything."

The women's lips lift up into a breathtaking grin. She was undeniably beautiful. She was a short, curvy women, with radiant brown skin. Her hair was down her back in an intricate braid.

"Bring me the child." Her eyes don't leave mine, until a tall, buff, man brings over a basket. I hear the cooing of a small child.

The baby was wrapped tightly in a blanket, only allowing me to see her face, but I knew it from somewhere. There was a necklace around her neck, over the white blanket. I knew that necklace, but I can't put my finger on it.

"She will be safe, she's special, I can only protect her in some ways, she's on her own when it comes to the others. The elders, they must not know about her, you have to keep her a secret. They will hunt her, they will kill her." The womens voice was frantic, and erratic.

"Will she know, can we make her forget, suppress the danger?"

My mind was begging me to stop this women, stop the deal, but I have no clue why. I wanted to scream at the body I was in.

"Fate is fate, child, you can only sway it so much."

'Stop!' I plea memtally. 'stop the deal, stop it all, take it back.'

"Are you ready?" The women ask, placing a hand on the baby's head.

"Yes."
~~~

I jerk awake, my body slick from sweat, holy hell. I know that voice, I know that women, I know it all, thought I'm not sure how.

"You okay, babygirl?" Xavier's sleep filled voice ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just go back to sleep."

I shake off the dream, it wasn't real, it can't be real. It's just a dream.

No matter how many times I tell myself this, I can't fully let it go. I'll find that lady, find out who those people were. But for now, I can't, I have to try and be normal for tommorrow.

~~~

This is it, this is really it. My fights and protests have all lead to this. I was basically going to be married to Xavier in these next few days.

Lacey had just finished my hair, curling it to perfection, before adding a waterfall braid. I was sitting infront of a vanity, just staring at my reflection. I looked like her, I really do.

"Lacey, can you give me a minute?" I ask quietly.

She nods her head, quickly leaving my room.

Once she's gone, I get up locking the door. The butterflies in my stomach wouldn't settle.

This was what my mother felt, all those years ago, being accepted as beta female. My mother and I could have, at one point, passed as sister. I took after her, and everyone knew it.

I got my dad personality, though, I had an undeniable need to be in charge, and I was stubborn as a mule. If my dad and I argued, it could go on for weeks, even if it was for a stupid reason.

Even thinking about them, sends me sliding down the wall. My silk robe bunches at my thighs.

I want to say that thinking of them makes me want to die, that I felt the way I did all those years ago. But, I couldn't bring myself to feel the same rage I once felt.

The thought puts a smile on my face, even if I wouldn't admit it before, being with Xavier has changed me. Melted my heart just a little, and gave me a reason to stop being so angry, gave me a reason to stop running. At the same time, he's been giving me a reason to fight, but for something worth fighting for.

I stand up and walk to my closet. The first dress was simple, probably as simple as you could get. It was just a plain black dress that flared slightly at the bottom.

I pair it with a pair of silver flats. Lacey didn't make me wear makeup, despite how much she was dying to. I wasn't going up to be introduced to the pack caked in makeup.

Lacey and I had been really butting heads through this process, but I was determined, and she underestimated that.

Smoothing my black dress, I fling open the door, ready to face all that's ahead of me. Okay maybe not everything, but I could do this. I want these next days to go perfect, I don't want to think about vampires, or witches, or war, I just want to relax.

"Are you ready?" Emma squeals excitedly, when I make it down stairs.

I nod my head, I was ready. I was ready to give Xavier all the love and commitment he gives me. Once the ceremonies were over, it's official, I can never leave, even when the going gets tough.

I notice Ivy in the corner, whispering frantically to Talon. I couldn't tell if they were arguing or not, but the conversation seemed serious.

Every curious, nosey, bone in my body, told me to investigate, but I'm quickly whisked away by Fish. Normally one of your parents, or your pervious alpha, would lead you to the ceremony. Only under my circumstances, Fish would take me.

"Don't worry about them, kid, they're just angry at each other because of past mistakes. I over heard them talking, I can almost promise you that by tonight, they'll be all over each other." Fish chuckles, patting my shoulder in a comforting manner.

He stops suddenly, pulling me away from the few people in the house. "Rose, I want you to know something. I want you to understand that you'll always ne my daughted, no matter where life takes you. I'll always be here for you, when you need advice, or help. Just know I have a specific set of skills, and one hell of a shotgun."

I laugh at him, Fish didn't have an emotional bone in his body, I knew that. I had never met his mate, but I knew she had made him emotional. She was a sweet human, torn apart by his world. That was the reason he started hunting.

I've talked to Talon about what Fish used to be like, but Talon can barley remember. He was only a child when his mother died.

Ever since she died, Talon says that they just stopped trying to be good.

"I remember when you were thirteen, how angry you were at Talon for teasing you about boys. You swore up and down, that you'd never fall in love. It was such a strang thing coming from a teen girl's mouth. That was the way you were though, I guess you still are, deep down."

He sighs, running a hand through his hair. "She'll always be here Fish, I can never forget all that you've done for me. You have taught me more than I could have possibly learned. I just hope wherever you end up, you'll remember me. You're like a father to me, and I'll never be able to thank you enough for that." I whisper to him.

He kisses my forehead, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the backyard. Werewolves wasted no expense when it came to welcoming parties. The backyard was done beautifully. The yard itself was huge, but today it looked especially big. That may be due to the fact it's pact with werewolves.

It wasn't a mandatory thing, but it was frowned upon if you are able and don't show. Kids, teens, adults, elderly, they all show up.

"Ready?" Fish ask me one final time.

I don't have time to nod before they call my name. Well it's now or never.

**********************************************************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 30.8K 24
"I can listen to your thoughts!" I whisper panicking again. He begins to smile while I back away. Oh moon goddess I'm sure he will kill me now. No I...
237K 5.1K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
1.2M 43.2K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
19.5K 647 47
Highest Ranking #14 in Hunter 4-12-19 #21 in Warlock 10-25-18 #55 in Demon 1-19-19 #431 in Werewolf 4-15-19 Book One "MATE!" He yelled. I stared at...