~ Light Of Hope ~ (A Toushir...

By AmeChan192

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN BLEACH CREDITS GO TO TITE KUBO~SENSEI~~<3 Yuuki is a bright, cheerful, compassionate... More

Hi Guys!! (^w^)v
1. " Things Lost in the Rain "
2." Into the Abyss "
3. " New Beginning "
4. " Home "
6. " Shinigami Daikou "
7. " Parting and Reunion "
8. " To Soul Society "
9. " A Chance Encounter "
10. " A New Found Hope "
10.5. Extra Chapter - " 3 Again "
11. " Girls Day Out "
12. " The Sacred Jewel of Soul "
13. " Growing Feelings "
14. " Incoming Storm "
15. " Game Start "
16. " Missing Again "
17. " Battle Preparations "
18. " I Hear Your Voice "
19. " Reunion "
20. " Confession "
20.5. Extra Chapter - " Personality Gone Bad "
21. " Confusion "
22. " Vasto Lorde "
23. " Calm Before the Storm "
24. " The Guardian Deity "
25. " Friends and Foes "
26. " Frustrations "
27. " Visored "
28. " Espada "
29. " The Twelve Honoured Knights "
30. " Light x Dark "
30.5. Extra Chapter - " First Date "
31. " True Feelings "
32. " Training in Hell "
33. " Visions of the Past and Future "
34. " Deciding One's Fate "
35. " Personal Vendetta "
36. " Complications "
37. " Hell Has Fallen "
38. " Strategy Meeting "
39. " Under the Moonlight's Glow "
40. " Nagisa "
41. " Pledge of Loyalty "
42. " Awaken "
43. " True Meaning of Sacrifice "
44. " Memories "
45. " Camaraderie "
46. " A Heart That Doesn't Forget "
47. " Choices "
48. " The Inner Abyss "
48.5. " Extra Chapter - Lost Child (Part 1) "
49. " Deepest Secrets "
50. " Truth Unveiled "
Final Chapter ~ A Place to Return To
Sequel
51.5 " Extra Chapter - Lost Child (Part 2) "
51.5.5 " Extra Chapter - Lost Child (Last Part) "
Thank You

5. " Unknown Origins "

619 29 2
By AmeChan192

After finishing their investigation in the human world, Toushirou and Rangiku went back to Soul Society and reported everything to the head captain along with the Gotei 13.

"Alright dismiss, and Kurotsuchi-taichou, we'll wait for the results regarding the dimensional rift and the Chained Hollows that Hitsugaya-taichou investigated. Send every captain a copy of it when you're done.", the Head Captain, Yamamoto Genryusai sternly said.

"I'll get right to it.", Mayuri, the 12th division captain said.

Afterwards, Toushirou and Rangiku went back to the 10th division barracks to finish up their paperwork.

"Haah!... I'm beat! Give me a break already!", Rangiku complained as she slumps to the couch.

"Stop slacking off! The sooner you finish, the sooner you can rest.", Toushirou scolded.

"Hai, hai..... but really, I wonder if that little girl got back to her family.", she said.

"She's not just your concern anymore. If my suspicions are correct then we all might be in trouble.", Toushirou said with a serious look on his face.

As they continue to work, someone called from outside.

"Sir, the results from Kurotsuchi-taichou's investigation on the dimensional rift has just arrived.", one of his subordinates said.

"Bring them here.", Toushirou said.

Couple of papers were laid out on his desk and Toushirou reads them thoroughly.

"It's just as I thought.", Toushirou muttered.

"What does it say?", Rangiku asked.

"It says here that aside from their sudden increase, they also became more active and attacked Shinigamis and wandering souls.", Toushirou said.

"That's not good. What about the dimensional rift?", Rangiku asked.

"It was a trace left behind by someone or something that got transported from another place."

"Did they found out where it originated?", Rangiku asked.

"Unfortunately, no."

"So we're at another dead end.", Rangiku said as she sighs.

Toushirou ponders for a while and remembered the incident with Yuuki and Momo.

"Matsumoto, can you call on Hinamori here? I need to talk to her about something.", he said.

"Hai, I'll bring her right away.", Rangiku said and leaves.

Several minutes later, Rangiku came back with Momo trailing behind.

"Hitsugaya-kun? Rangiku-san told me that you wanted to talk to me about something?", Momo asked.

"Hinamori, it's not Hitsugaya-kun, it's Hitsugaya-taichou, and yes have a seat.", Toushirou said.

(He looks tired.), Momo thought as she looks at Toushirou.

She sits down at the couch across Toushirou.

"What is it?", Toushirou asked when he noticed her staring.

"Shiro you look tired maybe you should take a break.", Momo said in concern.

"I'm fine. Anyway on to our discussion, back when we first encountered those Chained Hollows we also met a little girl, right?", Toushirou asked.

"Yeah, how can I forget? You saved her from a Chained Hollow. It was also the very first known incident of their appearance.", Momo said with a hint of sadness in her face.

"I'm not sure if I already told you, but back then, that little girl did something. She touched me on the forehead and golden light engulfed me. Ever since then my attacks work on those Chained Hollows.", Toushirou said as he absently touches his forehead.

Chained Hollows are now what they call the beasts back then because of their slight similarities in presence and appearances to Hollows. They're not much different from regular Hollows. Instead of masks, they have black chains, hence they're called Chained Hollows.

"By the golden light you mean the same light we saw back in the Human world?", Rangiku asked.

"Yeah, there's no mistaking it's the same light.", Toushirou said.

"How is that possible?! You said she vanished into thin air!", Momo said.

"The first thing came to my mind was that she probably got dragged to where those Chained Hollows came from. If that's what really happened then her chances of survival were almost nonexistent since they were after her in the first place. But there's still a possibility, no matter how small it may be that she could've escaped.", Toushirou said.

"So what you're trying to say is that the one who came out from that dimensional rift could be her?", Momo asked.

"Hinamori, I'm sure you too somehow noticed that she wasn't an average little girl, right? But without any solid proof we can only surmise. That's why I haven't said anything to the Head Captain yet.", Toushirou said.

While they were deep in conversation, the emergency alarm went off.

"What's happening?!", Rangiku asked.

"Sir the victims of the Chained Hollow are on a rampage.", one of his subordinates said.

"What?! It shouldn't be happening that fast!", Toushirou exclaimed and turns to Momo. "Hinamori, stay here. Let's go Matsumoto!"

Toushirou exits the room with Rangiku trailing behind.

A few hours later, the emergency was settled and the Head Captain called for another meeting.

"These incidents regarding the Chained Hollows are escalating at an alarming rate. What's worse is that we know too little about them. Until we figure out a way to stop them, do not engage in battle and report to Hitsugaya-taichou immediately if you were to encounter Chained Hollows. Announce this to all Shinigamis, even the other captains have no exemptions.", Genryuusai sternly said.

All the captains were taken aback by the Head Captain's decision. But no one objected since they don't have the ability to kill them. If they engage into battle, the Chained Hollows will end up getting stronger. What's more if they get any kind of injury from them, they'll lose their sanity and eventually transform into one of them.

Then someone suddenly called from outside the room.

"Sir! We have a report that a Chained Hollow attacked a human!", a Shinigami informed.

Once again, everyone expresses surprised looks. It was a sudden announcement and it happened for the first time.

"Unohana-taichou, I'll leave everything to you to take care of the Chained Hollow victims including that human and report anything on what you may find out. My decision stays the same, if nothing else then that's all. Dismiss.", Genryusai said.

Toushirou heads back to the 10th division barracks where Momo and Rangiku were waiting for him. He told them about the meeting.

"Shiro... will you be okay?", Momo asked in concern.

"Don't worry about me. I'll manage somehow.", Toushirou said.

"But you look tired already, if there's anything I can do to help then don't hesitate to tell me.", Momo said.

"Thanks Hinamori, but I'm almost done here anyway.", Toushirou said.

"I see... if you don't need anything else then I'll get going Shiro-chan, Rangiku-san." Momo said with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"It's Hitsugaya-taichou....", Toushirou muttered.

Momo silently leaves the room with a sad look on her face. She just wanted to be of help to him, ever since they were little Toushirou kept everything to himself. She only wanted him to open up to her but she just knew that it won't happen anytime soon.

After Momo left, Toushirou turns his attention to Rangiku.

"Matsumoto you are not to take a break until you're done with your work.", he said.

"Whaaat?! That's not fair.", Rangiku said and pouts.

"It's your own fault for slacking off in the first place. We'll be busy from now on so you better get used to it.", Toushirou said with an annoyed look on his face.

Toushirou ignores Rangiku's tantrums and retires to his room to get some much needed rest.

******

Meanwhile at the Kurosaki Clinic,

Isshin, Ichigo and Yuuki finally got home. Ichigo went straight to his room while Yuuki fell asleep on the way. Isshin took Yuuki to her room and tucked her in bed. After that, he went to Ichigo's room to check on him, he was fast asleep so he went to bed as well.

The next day,

They went to the specialist as planned. After a series of examinations and tests, her diagnosis took some time. It was hard to determine her condition and needed a few days. So they had no other choice but wait.

By the time results came out, they wasted no time and heads back. Now, the doctor shows them the results of her tests.

"It doesn't seem to be Selective Mutism based on what you told me. She has no memories and no medical history, so I can't say for certain but my guess is Conversion Disorder.", the doctor said.

"Conversion Disorder?", Isshin asked.

"Hai, it is a condition in which one shows psychological stress in physical ways. In her case, she lost her ability to speak. It is rare, occurring in only about 1 to 3 out of 10,000 people. It is even less common in children younger than 10 years of age but girls are more likely to suffer from it.", the doctor informed.

"What could have caused it?", Isshin asked.

"It is caused by extreme psychological stress such as injury, death of a loved one, or a dangerous situation. That is somehow converted to physical symptoms.", the doctor said.

"Is there a cure for it?", Isshin asked.

"It's typically treated with psychotherapy. But we don't know how long it may take for her to recover.", the doctor said.

"I see.... but we'll still do our best to help her recover no matter how long it takes. Thanks for everything but we should get going now.", Isshin said.

Isshin was deep in thought for the duration of the whole trip back home. For Yuuki to experience such things at such a young age. He recalls what the doctor said, she didn't have any kind of injury when he first saw her then it can only mean that she might have lost a loved one or an accident perhaps or even both.

"Dad, I'm going back to my room now. If you need anything just call me.", Ichigo said with a tired look on his face.

This snapped Isshin out of his thoughts and turns his attention to Ichigo.

"Alright then, Yuuki you should go back to your room as well and rest.", he said.

The two children makes their way back to their rooms to rest.

The next day,

Isshin and Ichigo dropped Yuuki off on her first day of school at Karakura Nursery School. Isshin told the teacher about Yuuki's condition so she could have a better understanding towards the young girl's situation. As expected, her first day of school didn't go so well. Everyone in class ignored her and teased her for her inability to speak. But she just ignored them, that's why they gave her the nickname 'Stone Face'.

School might not be fun but Yuuki didn't mind about it much. Both Isshin and and Ichigo gives her the love and attention she needed so she does her best at school. To have a loving family is enough for her.

*******

Few months later, Parents Day came. Isshin didn't waste this opportunity to find out how Yuuki is faring at school.

At the school, students were busy with sports and their parents watch them along with the other teachers. Then Yuuki's homeroom teacher saw Isshin and approaches him.

"Good afternoon, Kurosaki-san, can I talk to you about your daughter for a moment? Please follow me to the classroom.", the teacher said with a bit of tension.

"Of course, what is it? Is it something good or something bad?", Isshin asked as they walk inside the classroom.

"Well... it's both.", the teacher said.

"Both?", Isshin asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes. Which do you want to hear first?", the teacher asked.

"I guess I want to hear the bad one first.", Isshin said.

"Very well... please have a seat.", the teacher said and gestures for the chair.

They both sit and the teacher takes a deep inhalation of breath and begins to speak.

"It's just that... her inability to speak casts her out among the rest of the class and is often misunderstood. Most boys tease her but she only ignores them.", she said.

"Is she being bullied?", Isshin asked in concern.

"No, that's not it. You know how cute she is and you how little boys are with the girls they like. It's just... how should I put it... for a 5-year-old she seems so mature.", the teacher said.

"I see... if that's the case then there's nothing else we can do but to talk to them, right? They're still kids so we have to make them understand whats good and what's bad.", Isshin said.

"Yes, as their teacher it's my responsibility and when it comes down to it I'll talk to their parents as well. So you can leave it to me.", the teacher firmly said.

"Thank you, I'll leave her in your care, I know she's in good hands. What about the other one?", Isshin asked.

"Oh yes, she's an excellent student. Most of her test scores are perfect. She's top in the whole school, I won't even be surprised when she skips a grade or two in the near future. I must say, she's a very special kid.", the teacher happily said.

"Yes, I noticed that as well. Thanks again for telling me.", Isshin said and smiles.

"It's part of my job and she's such a sweet little girl, I hope she gets better soon.", the teacher said.

"I hope so too....", Isshin said.

Then they heard the bell ring.

"Looks like P.E. is over, that's my cue to go.", Isshin said as he rose up from his seat.

"Alright, thanks for your time.", the teacher politely said and rose up from her seat as well.

"No, I'm the one who should say that for taking good care of her. Bye then.", Isshim said and gave her a small wave

The teaches waves at him as he leaves.

Class has just finished so Isshin carries Yuuki's bag and walks back home. Ichigo is the one who usually picks her up after school. But now he feels happy that he's the one who picked her up and learned about her school life.

"We're home.", Isshin cheerfully said.

Ichigo was already home so he greets them.

"Okaeri. So how was Parents Day?", he asked.

"It's great, and Ichigo! Guess what?! Guess what?!", Isshin enthusiastically said.

"What?", Ichigo asked raising an eyebrow.

"Her teacher said she's top in her whole school and almost all of her test scores are perfect!", Isshin proudly announced.

"Woah! That's amazing!", Ichigo exclaimed.

"I know right?! So we're going out today and celebrate! Yuuki, your surprise was wonderful so this is for you.", Isshin happily said and ruffles Yuuki's hair.

"Where are we going?", Ichigo asked.

"We're going out for dinner. So you two go get ready.", Isshin enthusiastically said.

"Okay. Yuuki let's go.", Ichigo said and grabs her hand.

He enthusiastically drags Yuuki to her room to get ready.

Several minutes later, the two came down ready to go. They head to the living room where Isshin was waiting.

"Okay dad we're all set.", Ichigo excitedly said.

"Let's go then.", Isshin said.

The trio walks out the door to have dinner outside together.

It was a bit late at night when they got home. They clearly had a good time seeing how worn out they were. Both Yuuki and Ichigo fell asleep while on the way and Isshin had a hard time carrying both of them. Luckily, the taxi driver was kind enough to help him out.

"Thanks for your help, you can put him down on the sofa. I'll take him to his room later.", Isshin said referring to Ichigo.

"It's no big deal, I have a family too and seeing as how you guys clearly enjoyed yourselves makes me want to do the same for my family too.", the taxi driver happily said.

"I see, that's good.", Isshin muttered. (You'll never know when someone might be taken away from you so you should make the most of it.), he thought.

"I better get going now.", the taxi driver said and leaves through the front door.

"Yeah, goodbye and thanks again.", Isshin said and closes the door.

He retires to his room as well after that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 6.3K 34
A month has passed since (Y/n) started living with the Sakamaki brothers and her 'annoying' sister Yui. Things were peaceful for a while after the in...
17.4K 422 23
Not much is know about captain Mayuri past and his long lost little sister. What will Mayuri do when he finds his beloved sister and once again have...
1.6K 22 14
As his childhood friend had finally recovered and got the news at the same time he left, what will Momo Hinamori do to be able to save him or will sh...
33.5K 1.1K 19
(The story set before Yhwach asked Aizen to join him. ) Years after years with only darkness as his solid friend. Silence is the only music to his e...