Cloudy With A Chance Of Love

By SamanthaSmilelyyJerome

15 Year Old Samantha totally has had a crush on Jake for years! But, is she ready to move on from the breakup... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3

Chapter 2

65 1 0
By SamanthaSmilelyyJerome

" Who does he think he is?" I say with much attitude into my locker.

" Sam....." Gigi says

" No one tells me that they can call me whatever they want to! Why am i still talking about this? " maybe i'm going just a little crazy.

" Sam?.......Are you oka-"

" And why'd he have to be next to my locker? Out of all the people in this school it had to be me. " I slam my locker shut and start banging my head aganist it.

" Sam?!?! Whats the matter with you?!" Gigi yells clapping her hands in my face.

" What the hell? " I say looking at Gigi annoyed.

" Did you not hear me calling you'? Or is it ' Lets Ignore Gigi Day '? Because you're not the first person who has ignored me today." she says with much sass and her hands on her hips.

I roll my eyes " Sorry I'm just.........I'm just out of it right now......." I shake my head.

She looks at me concerned "Why?"

I shrug my shoulders " I-I dont know? "

Gigi narrows her eyes " You know thats not an acceptable answer. " she says crossing her arms and tapping her foot.

" Okay, okay..." I gave in " Its this new kid.....he's-"

" Omg!!!! Matt?! " she says happily

I raise my eyebrow " Umm yeah I think so..... Tall, flippy dark brown hair, blueish - gray eyes, you know him? "

" Yeah i know him!!!! Actually we're going out on a date today!" she says with a twirl

" Its his first day and he's already going on a date?" I mumble to myself and roll my eyes.

" What was that?" she says stretching out her ears.

The final bell rings

' Yes! ' i say in my head

" Gi don't worry about it, I gotta go so I'll call you later and you can tell me all about the date. Okay? Bye! " I hug her and make my way out the building.

Someone please tell me that i wasn't over reacting because thinking it over I'm pretty sure I was. But you can't really blame me. If he said he can call me whatever he wants that means he can call me slut, right? Whatever let me just brush it off for now.

I see Jake, actually I see his back at the corner of the doors.

' Maybe this is a good time to thank him for leaving me with that jerk. You know in a flirtly playful way? ' i think to myself and smile.

" Jaaaaa .....Oh..........My............God......"

I can't believe my eyes! I am not seeing this right now ! No waaaay, this can't be happening ! I swear I'm hallucinating! I have to be....

Tears start t swell up in my eyes and I run. I run as fast as I can.

I hear someone chasing after me. - Jake? Oh God, please no. Eric? no, he has basketball practice.

" HEY! 410! Wait up!! " a deep voice says.....

' Matt......just my luck '

I stop and wipe the tears from my eyes then turn around. " Yes?......" I say, my voice a little shaky.

" Whats the rush? Wait don't tell me. You're trying to rush home so you can get ready for me tonight in the bed? "  he smirks and looks at me with suductive eyes.

I roll my eyes and start to walk away. Why'd I even stop in the first place?

" Wait, Sam...........antha. " he grabs my arm and pulls me close to him, closer than we were supposed to be and I blush.

" I was just kidding " he says in a hushed tone.

I know I'm going to hate myself for saying this but he sounds so sexy. BUT, I still don't like him.

I look up at him " I see you've learned my name. " I smile

He smiles back. My God! His teeth are so white and he has a perfect smile! What the hell is wrong with me?

" Yeah, but lets try not to change the subject. " He looks deep into my eyes and I get goosebumps . "  I saw what happened...." he says his voice fading away.

I look down, ' Do we really need to talk about this? '

" I knew you liked him, after that ' Im in love ' look you gave him while we were at the lockers today. " He cupped my face and lifted my head up.

" I-I " I don't know what to say, it's like he can see right through me.

" Yooooou ? " he says flipping his hair.

" I wouldn't say ' like him ' its more like a crush. " I said with confidence.

" So let me get this straight...You're mad over a girl kissing your crush? " he askes

" Thats not just any girl. "  I snap back " That's Paola! The girl that took my best friend away from me. The girl who my ex-boyfriend cheated on me with. The girl who litterally hates me, with a burning passion. The girl who is currently now having a makeout session with my crush! " I'm breathing heavily. I look at Matt to see if he got any of that. It looks like he's trying to process everything I just said into his mind.

" Hello? Earth to Matt. " I say impatiently, he's thinking about this way longer then he needs too.

" Sam,..... if it's okay to call you that. " I nod my head in approval " The thing is that he's your crush, and if you haven't told him how you feel towards him, then I'm pretty sure he's free to do whatever, wherever, whenever. " he says shurgging his shoulders.

Thats totally what I didn't want to hear right now........Even if it was the truth....

" Yeah......thanks for talking all this out with me. " I say not knowing what else to say

" You probably didn't want to hear that did you? " he says chuckling

" How'd you know " I asked, not surprised at all that he knew that.

" You're like an openbook, it's easy to read you " he said - I jumped back a little. Now that caught me off guard.

He smirked, this time it was a cute smirk. ' Ugh, what am I thinking? Lord help me think straight again. '

" Don't worry, it's a good thing. "  He says still smirking

" How is that a good thing ? " I asked confused

" It's a good thing because I'll be able to tell when you're falling for me. Like right now you're definitely falling for my smirk. " he said winking and with that he walked away.

I gasped ' Woah this guy is good '

Thinking about what he just said, I remembered I forgot to answer! ' Shit, he's gunna think that I actually am falling for his smirk' 

" I AM NOT ! " I yell smiling. It was a late response but it's better than nothing.

He shook his head and laughed out loud " Sure you're not ! "  he yelled back.

I insist that i'm not falling for his smirk. I swear to God. Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye....................................Okay, okay......maybe I was falling for his smirk, who knows?

I just remembered....I dont have someone to walk home with me. Bummer. Maybe, I should have asked Matt. No, he would think that I wanted to spend more time with him, and I don't want him to get that impression on me. Even though his company was pretty nice. He cheered me up, who would have guessed? Certainly not me, I mean after this early today?  Calling me 410, like my mother named me that at birth? Heck No. I guess it's true, you can never judge a book by it's cover, and I, being me, judged Matt right away, I thought he was a helpless little jerk, that doesn't know one thing about how you approach people. But I was totally wrong. This isn't the first time that has happened though, I guess I have to keep my mouth shut, even my brain shut before I go and make assumptions about people. Well, after all is said and done, looks like I'm walking home. ALONE.

______________________________________________________________________________

I get home safe and sound and without any interruptions from people. Thank God. My mom was home crying on the couch when I came home. Not really a surprise, my mom is kind of emotional. I just wonder why she was home so early and why she was crying on the couch?

" Mom? Are you okay? " I ask as I go comfort her.

" Yes darling i'm okay. "  She says sniffling.

" Totally Mom, 'cause you being home this early and crying on the couch means your okay right? "

" I'm just sad, nothing to worry about...." she says bluntly.

" It is something to worry about, people don't just get sad randomly. Especially if you're a mom, and you my friend, you're a mom. " i say while smiling and hand her a box of tissues.

" It's just you! " she's says starting to tear up again.

" ME ?! " i asks staring at her with enlarged eyes.

" Yes you, this morning, you left in a rush. You didn't even have time to eat breakfast. As you're growing older, we don't have any time to spend with eachother. " she says crying full out now.

" Oh my.....Mom...." i say kind of embrassed, I know no one was around but us two, but trust me it was embrassing, I can't believe she's crying over this. I know, it's sad, it may be depressing too. But, things have been really busy lately. This is not something to cry about right now. Maybe if I was graduating and going to college. But I'm still a sophomore!!! We have pleanty of time to spend with eachother.

" Look you see, I was just looking at your baby pictures and seeing you now..............my baby is all grown up. " she gets up and cries in the kitchen, throwing her arms all over the place.

" Mommy..! " I get up and follow her. " I'm still here you don't have to worry, I'll always be your little girl, no matter how old or how big i get. " I say in a little girls voice and i wrap my arms around her.

She laughs and sniffles " Okay Sam, I believe you. "  I let go of her, wipe the tears from her eyes with a napkin, and kiss her cheek.

" I love you mom. " i say, now i actually see where she's coming from. You know being a single mother and all. My dad left her when I was about eleven? That bastard left is for some stripper. But my mom has got everything under control. So we're happy.

Thinking this over, I realised that we just had a mother-daughter moment. Way too much emotions for one day. I think i'm going to take a nap. I head upstairs to my room and close the door shut. I collaspe on my bed and close my eyes. Allowing my dreams to take me wherever........

Continue Reading