polaroid ; lrh

Por tiptoesluke

❝are you taking a picture of me?❞ Más

pink
friday
snowflake
thunder
tequila
safe
rescue
want
lunch
pinky promise
little j
car radio
chemistry
alone
after midnight
cold
vanilla
skipping
heights
yours and mine
intoxication
forget
friends
astrology
new years
hungover
ignorence
home
giggles
bruises
summer
8128 miles
distance
graduation party
graduation
butterflies
getaway
adventures
buttercup
IM BACK
hi hi is this thing on??

confident

3.9K 172 17
Por tiptoesluke

lukes point of view

6:32 PM

though i was away for months and months, the dinner table seemed to be quiet and boring.

my family for some reason had nothing to talk about. we pretty much covered it all from the car ride home from the airport.

my apartment with calum, the record shop, the beaches, the americans, Olivia, and my schooling.

but I seemed to skip over the most important reason there. she never really came up.

we all sat there, in our normal spots at the table, just how it used to be. jack to my left, dad to my right at the head of the table. it had seemed like nothing had ever changed and time stood still.

the silverware chimed against the plates as we ate our food, in silence. the Australian sunset shone through our large kitchen windows, a view from the beach.

I sort of played with my food, tossing it around with my fork. my mind was racing about one thing and one thing only, but it was all cut off by the sound of my brother,

"it's a shame you and olivia didn't work out," jack cleared his throat, "though she was out of your league completely."

and then jack and ben both exchanged glances, chuckling with each other.

seriously, nothing has changed. i was still the youngest in the family and my two older brothers will always make fun of me, always.

mom sat on the other end of the table, giving them a stern look as if she wanted them to knock it off.

I placed my chin in the palm of my hand, resting my elbows on the table, letting out a soft groan.

"sorry sorry luke, is talking about the breakup too soon for you?" ben giggled, squeezing his eyes shut.,

jack teased along, "you've always been a very emotional little puppy."

mom let out a scoff and rolled her eyes, "that's enough boys."

I let out a soft breath of air, clenching my fists together. if they only knew the whole story.

and i didn't quite know how to open up about jade. that conversation would be very long and too detailed.

jade was the type of girl you read books about. she couldn't be described in just one word. she was so amazing, way too good for me. and every little detail about her deserved to be expressed so gently and perfectly.

she was everything to me. my whole time in America couldn't even compare to the time I spent with her. every laugh and every kiss and every cry couldn't be spoken about in just 10 minutes.

how on earth would I be able to describe those incredible lustful hazel eyes that rolled back when she laughed at me. how do I put in words how her smile made my mind go wild and my heart explode.

how do I bring up her giggly laugh and how it was the cure to heartbreak. how do I capture her beauty and her desire to make me happy before herself.

she was my own personal book, and I swear to god I could not put it down even if I tried. and I fucking love her.

oh god i love her.

"I mean mate," jack sparked up again, "you really let some prick steal olivia away from you?"

I could tell the two of them were both judging me, laughing at me inside their heads. from their perspective they thought olivia was wonderful, they thought she was good for me, I mean she did bring me to America.

but they didn't know the truth. they didn't know the pain she put me through, and they didn't know how i was saved by a girl with hazel eyes and blonde hair.

as the two of them continued to chuckle and shake their heads at me, I could almost feel myself get more and more tense.

"how long were you two together anyways like-" jack opened up his mouth, only to he cut off by myself,

"i have a girlfriend."

and then suddenly all the silverware was placed back down on their plates, the dining room became silent.

even mom and dad looked at me with wonder in their eyes.

my weary eyes peered upwards from my plate to find all eyes on me with confused glances.

"what are you talking about luke?" mom pitched in, she almost sounded excited.

my mother fell in love with the idea of her boys finding the right girl. growing up she would always set me up with the daughters of women she worked with. i would come home from a long day at school to find a girl sitting in my backyard treehouse waiting for me.

she always bothered me with questions about why i never brought girls home or if I have even had my first kiss yet.

she must have thought I was gay, but the truth was i just didn't know how to talk to girls.

and when I had finally got the guts to ask my childhood crush to the high school dance, my mother was in love. she got out a camera and made sure I rented a suit and had a photoshoot in my yard. it was a mess.

and olivia never really was the type of girl i wanted to introduce my mother to. I wanted to make my mother proud, and olivia just did not fit.

but jade, she was a different story.

as i sat there in my dining room and glanced into my mothers eyes I just knew bringing up jade into the conversation was the right choice.

my mom would fall in love with her. bringing jade to my house would be a dream come true.

i confidentially nodded, "her name is jade."

ben and jack gave each other a look and then faced me again. I could tell they weren't buying this.

"it's okay luke," jack reached out and scruffed up my hair, "you don't have to make up a fake girlfriend to hide the fact that you're still upset over olivia."

and then the following laughter released from bens lips, covering his mouth to stop, it runs in the family I guess.

"let him speak jack," mom hushed him quiet, "how did the two of you meet."

a slight smile creased from lips as I began to think of the memories we had together. it seemed like not so long ago i saw her in the record shop and lost my shit because of how hot she was and how she was in my record shop.

i cleared my throat and the smile faded from my lips, "she came into the record shop calum and i worked in and she kind of became friends with calum and I right away."

"so you're just friends, and not dating." ben clarified, being a smart ass.

I dropped my fork against the table and gave him a harsh glare, "actually no you asshole, we are dating so you can fuck off." I snapped.

"luke robert!" mom wasn't actually defending him, but was more offended by my mouth.

"sorry mom," I quickly spat out, "and when you guys meet her you will understand everything."

"so suddenly we are going to meet a girl who lives in the united fucking states of america?" jack ran his tongue over his lips, pondering this.

moms disappointed eyes shot in his direction, getting very upset with our language.

I nodded casually, "she's coming to visit next month."

"for how long?" moms concerned face finally turned back to excited.

I shrugged my shoulders quickly, "for the summer."

"the whole damn summer?" jack tossed his napkin on the table and shot his hands up in surrender.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "is that a problem?"

mom answered for him, "no! we would love to meet her, luke."

and then jack gave her a quick look, shaking his head slowly. he then looked back over at ben to see if he believed this.

ben looked at me, "so how long have you kept this secret from us?"

I never mentioned jade to them simply because i couldn't sum her up so easily. she was everything I never knew I needed or wanted.

"a couple months," I shrugged once again, "it's complicated."

"is she hot?" ben quickly added between laughter.

and then mom rolled her eyes along to the sound of jack laughing along with him. I couldn't help but laugh at this too, shaking my head at them.

"so what did calum think of her?" dad being quiet the whole conversation, finally jumped in.

all eyes came back on me, wanting to know the answer to this question as well.,

"they became really close," I smiled a bit, "he's dating her best friend."

jack and ben exchanged glances once again, eyes becoming wide as they let out a deep gasp.

"well shit I guess what happens in america stays in america." jack finally shot up from the table, gathering his left overs together.

everyone at the table chuckled at this, standing up and helped cleaning up the mess. as I collected my things together, I saw my mom smiling at me in the corner of my eyes.

she knew jade made me happy, wasn't it obvious.

"so how exactly are you going to make this work between the two of you?" ben came up behind me as I washed the dishes at the sink.

I began to play with my lip ring, I didn't enjoy speaking about this too much. even the slightest doubt that we could make this work made me terrified.

i wanted to pretend that everything was going to be okay, because it was just easier to avoid it than talking about it.

I didn't wanted to lose her, I couldn't just let her go because of some distance.

I was determined to make this work, some way and some how, we would find our way back to each other.

i quickly spun the faucet off and turned to face him, "im not sure, but it's going to work."

he looked a little taken back in surprise, "you seem so confident."

and i was confident, I've never been more sure of anything.

jade was all I wanted in this moment and she made me all around a better person.

being with jade was like a breath of fresh air, i wasn't gasping for breath anymore.

and then i looked up from the ground and peered into my brothers similar blue eyes, "because I love her jack."

and then i pushed past his doubtful shoulder, and headed upstairs.

-

ok hi guys this was way short but sweet and i just wanted to say i love u guys so much thank u for being so nice u guys really make me feel so loved by all ur cute lil comments.

ok well i love u and i love luke he is pretty cute ok bye.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

6.9K 80 12
Just like the song... :) Enjoy!! This is a super old story I wrote a super long time ago. Please don't judge just thought I would publish it again.
32.7K 1.1K 37
*will start editing starting on saturday*