Not His

De Invincibec

Haley Parker wanted nothing to do with guys - at least none of the guys her parents were always trying to set... Mais

1. 17 and Invincible
2. Saving Damsels in Distress is My Job
3. Who Said the Bad Boy Didn't Care
4. You Owe Me A Meal
5. Wanna Sneak Out?
6. Not 'Friends,' Just Friends
7. Wanna Go Out?
8. Girls Night...Plus Griffin
9. We All Knew I Always Had the Balls
10. I'm Not Your Girl
11. Sometimes Actions Speak Louder Than Words
12. Lilies and Coffee
13. Does This Involve Food?
14. This Place Is Too Clean Not To Trash
15. Open Windows Are the Best Escape Route
16. I'll Crush You Harder Than A Sixteen Year Old Girl On Her English Teacher
17. But You Look So Cute In My Pajamas
18. I Made A Mistake
Sequel Preview

19. All Yours

699 31 0
De Invincibec

I looked at Griffin as he looked back at me anxiously. His hair was a total mess, like he had been running his hand through it several times. It actually looked like he had been so rough that he actually lost hair, but maybe that was just my blurry eyes deceiving me.

"I made a mistake," he said as his voice wavered in despair. "I know I don't deserve it, but can we talk? ...Please?"

My heart pounded rapidly against my chest. At first I felt like crying all over again. He can't do this to me, I thought. It's too much. But the more I thought, the more angry I became.

Who does he think he is, thinking he can just walk back into my life after leaving and ignoring me? He doesn't get to come back and show up with my favorite flower just because he finally grew a backbone.

"Haley?" he pleaded.

My eyes darted to his distraught, droopy ones. I half expected my heart to melt at the sight, but instead it only made me angrier. Quickly looking away, I pushed myself away from the window and backed up.

So...what? Am I supposed to run downstairs, hear him out, and make up with him? Is that what he really expects me to do?

If that's not what you want, then why were you wasting your tears on him?

I mentally yelled at my inner voice to shut up. The last thing I was in the mood for was logic...though maybe that's what I needed.

I bit my lip as I debated on what to do. I glanced at my door, and then back at the window. And then I ran.

I practically tripped down the stairs and out the door as I continued to run to the other side of the house. As I turned the corner, I saw Griffin's back to me as he started to walk away. I suddenly stopped in my tracks, slightly startled after finally seeing him so close in awhile.

He must've heard me, because as soon as I stopped he turned around and snapped his head in my direction. Our eyes instantly connected, each mirroring the other's sorrow.

I whispered his name under my breathe before he looked at me a little softer and started running towards me. Hardly a second past before I began running towards him myself. The next thing I knew his arms were wrapped securely and tightly around me, his head resting in the crook of my neck as if he were afraid to let go. I wrapped my own arms around him as I began to shed a few tears into his shoulder.

"Haley..." He said under his breath.

Letting go, I pushed him off of me and hit his chest.

"What the heck was that?" I yelled. "I said I needed air, not let me go!" I felt a few more tears fall as he looked at me ashamed and heartbroken.

"I know," he breathed. "I know. And I'm sorry. Haley, I'm so sorry. I was just trying to make the best decision but I...I don't know...I know it was a dumb move...but I thought I was doing what was best for you." He ran a hand through his hair, making himself look even more like a mess.

"Well you made the worst decision," I scolded again before my voice lowered and my eyes softened. "You're what's best for me."

His bloodshot eyes connected with my water rimmed ones again as he exhaled remorsefully. "I know..." he said again. "I know that now. Haley, please forgive me. And believe me when I say letting you go was the hardest thing I've ever had to do and I never want to even think of doing it again."

I continued to look at him in thought, unsure what to say, as he stared back at me in regret. My eyes fell to the bouquet of flowers in his hand by his side.

Without taking my eyes off of the lilies, I narrowed them as I spoke quietly, "That doesn't look like the typical dozen."

He held them up slowly and looked at them. "It's not." He looked a little embarrassed before bringing his eyes back on me. "There's 17."

I met my eyes with his again as a warm, fuzzy feeling rushed through me. My cheeks flushed to a subtle shade of pink as my lips twitched up a bit.

He remembered my favorite number.

"17?" I said again softly. He smiled sheepishly in response before a small smile grew on my lips as well. Taking a step forward, I wrapped my arms around him again as I felt his arms once more go around my waist.

There was a moment of silence as we just held each other. The heavy air I felt earlier was suddenly accompanied by dark clouds and small rolls of thunder.

"You know I was wrong," Griffin spoke softly on the other side of my shoulder. "When I told your parents I was worthy of you." I loosened my arms as I brought my head back to look at him, my eyes concerned. "I'm so not," he continued as he looked at me sweetly, if not almost desperately. "But if you let me, I promise I'll do everything I can to be deserving of you and I'll never ever let you go again."

I small smile forced it's way on my face as I held up my pinky. "Pinky-promise?"

Any anxiety in his face had now completely vanished as he had a slight turn of the lips as well. Bringing out his pinky, he linked it with mine and whispered, "Pinky-promise."

"Good," my grin widened. "Because you're all mine."

His amusement revealed the top row of his teeth as his lips pulled back some more. "What about James?"

I just shook my head. "I'm not his." Inching my head a little closer to his, I whispered, "I'm all yours."

I heard another crack of thunder, this one much louder than before, as his smile pulled back farther before colliding gently with mine. Placing a hand on his cheek, I felt him pull me slightly closer by the small of my back. Our kiss deepened a little more as chilly drops of rain suddenly started coming down, relieving the heaviness of the air.

Before we knew it we were practically soaked. I felt a shiver run down my spine as Griffin's arms suddenly appeared around mine.

"Come on," he nodded towards the house as another roll of thunder made a loud bang. "Let's get you inside."

With the lilies in one hand, and mine in his other, we took off and started sprinting towards the front door. I shrieked when I nearly slipped, only for it to have quickly changed to laughter when Griffin caught me and kissed the side of my head.

Despite all the ups and downs of the past several months I've been back in Boston (both literal ups and downs and metaphorical), it was right then that I knew everything was gonna be ok. Cause we were staying right here, at home. And Griffin was staying with me.

The end.

~~~~~

A/N

I know - short chapter! Especially for the last one. Even though I could've easily just attached this to chapter 18, I wanted this scene to be a on its own, even if it wasn't as long as I wanted it to be.

But anyway, to those who are even reading this/who even care, no there will not be an epilogue. But stay tuned, because I do plan to make a mini sequel!

I don't know when, but soon. Just as soon as I can write up a basic outline to follow by so I know where the story is going - even though I already have a pretty good idea. But it will be a short sequel, even shorter than this story (probably only about 10 chapters). I considered just including it into this story (since Not His is kind of short as it is), but it takes place a few years in the future so it felt right just having it on its own.

Anyway, I hope whoever you are reading this you enjoyed Griffin and Haley's story. I definitely enjoyed writing it, something I never thought I could ever see myself doing. So thanks for all the favorites and reads! Compared to most books on Wattpad it may be a small number, but they still mean a lot to me :)

And a big thank you to my friend for proofreading and editing each chapter for me. ^.^ This chapter is dedicated to her.

Oh and one last thing! I decided to enter this short story into the Wattys this year, cause ya know, why not, right? I figured maybe it would get a little more noticed there. So yeah, even though I don't expect to win anything, hopefully it will get this book out there and other people will discover it! I otherwise am new to the Wattys and don't fully understand how it works, but if it's a thing to vote on, don't forget to vote for Not His if you enjoyed this book!

Either way, hope you guys liked it. :)

Stay invincible.

-Rebecca

July 19th, 2015.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

5M 131K 52
"Do I seem like an idiot to you princess?" he sassed taking another agonizingly slow step towards me. "N-no." I stuttered out a blabbering mess, unab...
99.7K 1.6K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
100K 2.5K 41
Lindsey thought she had it all figured out. This was her last year at University and she was happily engaged. That is until she told her family. No o...
8.1K 1.1K 39
I stepped forward and asked, "Where do you want me?" It took me a second to realize what I just said. Shit! I placed a hand on my crimson face and mu...