Opposites That Aren't So Oppo...

By XxNekocoxX

What happens when a tough nerd meets a popular jock? Kayson may not look it but, he is a nerd with attitude... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Note
Note
Note
Side Story - More Than Okay

Chapter 15

5.2K 256 218
By XxNekocoxX

I held Kayla's hand as we walked to the park. She was talking about what movie we were going to see. Flicka. It was some horse movie. She picked it. I didn't really care what we saw.

"Flicka is such a pretty horse! She's perfect! I wish I had a horse like flicka. I'd ride her all the time and groom her and pet her and I'd even let her have some of my dinner if she wanted it!" Kayla was smiling brightly as she talked and I began to relax.

"But, you know, human food isn't good for horses. She might get sick." I said.

She frowned and thought for a moment. Then she smiled. "Then I'll buy her horse treats and give her those instead!"

I smiled and ruffled her hair. "Okay. That sounds like a good idea."

She continued to talk until we reached the theater and I told her to wait for me while I bought popcorn and drinks. She nodded and sat down to wait for me.

I stood in line for about ten minutes for I finally got to the counter. "Two tickets to the movie Flicka, one large popcorn and two medium sprites, please."

The girl standing there blushed and typed in my order. "We have other things on our menu if you would like an addition to your order, sir."

I smiled kindly and shook my head. "Sorry. I'm here with my sister so I'll just stick with normal stuff."

Her face got even redder and she quickly called the order to the staff working behind her. I took the popcorn and sodas and quickly walked away before the girl had a chance to flurt anymore.

I handed Kayla's drink to her and smiled. "Okay. Let's go."

We found the correct theater and chose seats near the front. As soon as Kayla was sitting she grabbed the popcorn and stared up at the screen. I couldn't help a chuckled and sat back to watch the movie as well.

It was actually pretty good. I wondered why they always chose a girl to play the main character in these movies but, it was still an okay movie. Flicka was a sweet horse and I smiled everytime she was on the screen.

I was just relaxing when Kayla leaned over and held the empty popcorn bag out to me. "Can you get some more, please?"

I nodded and took the bag. "Do not leave the theater, understand?"

She rolled her eyes and nodded. "I'm not stupid, Kyle."

I shrugged. "I'm just making sure. Stay here. I'll be back in a little bit."

She nodded and turned back to the screen. I left the theater and walked back into the lobby, the empty popcorn bag swinging by my side.

The cashier girl was still there and I hesitated. I could just tell Kayla they were out of popcorn... I shook my head and went forward. I couldn't be afraid of a girl.

She smiled shyly when I walked up and asked for a refill. She took the bag and asked the staff to fill it. I waited stiffly until she handed it back to me. "Thanks." I said quickly and hurriedly left.

I was about to step back into the theater when I heard angry, hushed voices coming from around the corner. I knew there was no theater over there and I paused.

Who could that be...?

*******

(Kayson's POV)

I wanted a distraction not a pain in the ass.

I clenched my fists to keep from stabbing the dick in front of me. "Go away, Bert. I don't have time to deal with you right now."

"Not in the mood, huh?" He had me trapped against the wall, his arms on either side of my head. "Do you think I care?"

I rolled my eyes. "Not really but, I'd appreciate it if you left me alone. If you expect me to come crawling back into your bed you are sorely mistaken."

He laughed and stepped back. "Not in a million years. I just wanted to know if you'd like to go to a party. It'll be a blast."

I huffed and pushed past him. "Why? So you can get me drunk and rape me? You forget I used to practically live with you. I'm not stupid."

He chuckled and ran to catch up with me. "I guess you caught me. But, at least it's not like I lied."

I ignored him and ducked into the Cinema. He followed me and I stoppped to glare at him. "Stop following me!"

He grinned and slung an arm over my shoulders. "Nah. I think following you is fun."

I threw his arm off and stormed away. I had only been to the Cinema twice and that had been with my parents so I wasn't really sure where I was going as long as it was away from Bert.

"What's with you? Normally when you're in a bad mood you'd ask to hang out. Did you have a spat with your boyfriend?" He asked.

I flew around and slammed my fist into his stomach. I leaned into his ear and growled, "Leave. Me. Alone."

He grimaced in pain before he stood upright and pulled me down to meet his knee. I coughed and had to put a hand on the ground to keep from falling over. He smirked at my pain and said, "You still punch like a girl, I see."

I glared at him and took a shaky step forward and closed my eyes. "Just go away, please."

I walked away from him, take slow steps to catch my breath from Bert's attack. I thought I was doubling back but, suddenly I came to a dead end.

"How many times have you been here? You don't seem to know where you're going."

I sighed and turned around to look at Bert who was trying to stifle his laughter. He stood up straight and advanced towards me. "So? Will you come? Please?" He gave me puppy eyes like a kid and I started to get frustrated.

"No. I am not going to you're stupid stag party." I said.

He raise his eyebrows. "Stage party? I didn't know you were going to propose to me?" He pushed me to the wall and put his arms around my waist. "Where's the ring? I'll definitely marry you."

I squirmed uncomfortably and shot him a look. "Get lost!"

"I'm already lost. Lost in your beautiful eyes." He chuckled at his own joke and kissed my cheek making me want to slap him.

He leaned towards me and I leaned back. I thought he was going to kiss me but, right before his lips met mine something came down over his head and he gasped, stepping back.

Bert had a popcorn bag over his head and was cursing as he pulled it off. I looked down and saw popcorn covering the ground around my feet.

As I glanced behind Bert and a chill ran down my spine. "What are you doing here?!"

Kyle glanced at me with a frown and shrugged. "Don't I have the right to take my sister to the movies?"

I looked at the ground as I felt heat rise on my cheeks. Bert had yanked the popcorn bag off and whipped around to glare at Kyle. "Who are you?"

Kyle scoffed and shoved him away from me. "Go pick on someone else."

Bert frowned for a minute but, then he recognized Kyle. "You're the one who got in my way last time!"

I clenched my teeth and tried to block them both out. Unfortunately, I failed. "So what? Are you stalking him? Why don't you leave him alone?" Bert said.

Kyle stood in front of me. "I'm not stalking him. If anyone's the stalker, it's you."

Bert glared at him and huffed. "Whatever." He glanced at me. "You're still invited, love. Don't feel shy." Then he turned on his heel and walked away.

Kyle walked back to me and frowned, concern showing on his face. "Are you okay?" He asked, reaching out to check for injuries.

I slapped his hand away and he looked surprised. "What-"

"Leave-... Leave me alone! Why don't you understand?! I don't want to be friends with you!" I shouted.

He stepped back and I rushed past him. I heard him call my name and his footsteps following me. "Kayson wait! Can we please just talk? I want to talk to you!"

I ignored him and kept going, leaving the Cinema and hurrying through the parking lot. He ran after me. "Kayson!"

I was about halfway to freedom when he grabbed my arm and yanked me to a stop. I tried to pry his hand off but, he tightened his grip and pulled me to the side of the Cinema, tossing me into a dead-end alley and blocking the entrance. "We need to talk."

"I glared at him, travel to hide my blush from looking at his face. "I don't want to talk! I already told you-"

"No, you didn't! You said you didn't want to be friends! No reason! No explanation! Nothing! I'm tired of ignoring you and pretending it doesn't hurt!" He clenched his fists and tried to calm his breathing. "What did I do to make you hate me?! Huh?! What?!"

I shook my head and tried to block him out. "I didn't-"

"What, Kayson? I don't know what I did so please! Enlightened me!" He shouted.

I stepped back and continued to shake my head. It was too much. I couldn't control myself. I was losing it.

"Well?! Just tell me! It's not like it can make things any worse than they already are!"

I lost it. "You! I hate you!" I screamed. "You did nothing except be yourself! That's why I hate you! Because of who you are!"

He stared at me, his eyes reflecting shock. I swallowed shakily and looked down. "Everytime I look at you I get this horrible feeling... I feel like I can't control myself when you're around. I feel... disgusting."

I wouldn't look at him. I was too embarrassed. I could practically feel his eyes boring into me. I was sure he was disgusted with me.

I flinched when he finally spoke. "What...? I... What feeling?"

I shook my head and refused to talk. He stepped towards me and I moved away. "No, tell me. What feeling? Are you sure?"

"It's horrible... I don't like it and I don't want it..."

"Kayson... I feel the same."

My heart almost stopped and my eyes came up to meet his. He stepped towards me and took my hands in his. I tried to pull away but, he pushed me into the wall and I couldn't move. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

I shook my head and pushed on his arms. "That's not... Kyle, please let go."

"Kayson, it's okay. I've been thinking for a long time about the same thing." He put his forehead against mine and I shivered by how close he was.

"You-... You don't understand. I can't do this. It's wrong." I said as I tried to break away from his grasp.

Unfortunately, I was shaking too much and couldn't move properly. He lifted my chin and leaned down. I struggled to pull away but, his lips still came to meet mine and I almost melted on the spot.

I stood shocked for a few seconds before I realized what was happening and twisted around. "Kyle-....! Sto-... mn...!"

I was finally able to yank my hands free and moved to hit the first thing I could. There was a deafening slap and the pressure on my lips released.

Kyle stepped back, holding his face as he stared at me. I had tears in the corners of my eyes as I wiped my mouth. "I told you! I can't!"

I didn't even let him reply as I bolted past him and ran for home, leaving him in the alley.

*******

Hey everyone! This is a really kong chapter! It's over 2000 words! But, the last one was much too short so I kinda owe you guys. Yup! Bert is still here and Kayson is now scared of Kyle. A LOT of new information for you all. It's a lot but, I hope you guys are happy. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! AS ALWAYS, VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW, AND STAY AWESOME!

-Nekoco

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 5.8K 28
| Novel | Version 1 ~ Published early 2018 ~ Burdened with undeniable romantic feelings for his best friend, Greyson feels as if his life has becom...
674K 17.1K 46
"And what if I don't Parker?" He asked, Smirking. I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms. "I can easily go and tell my dad about-" I was instantly...
771K 19.4K 69
You know the normal cliche of the nerd secretly being a street fighter and the bad boy just so happens to find out? Well this is like that.... But no...
57.6K 1.7K 30
"I hate you - so much Tripp." More confusion because, once more, wasn't this a good thing? "Why did you have to say that? What if," A little quieter...