Miss Clumsy and the CEO (UNDE...

By Vampirefangsrules

Harper Daniels is clumsy. Full stop. A recent graduate, she's starting her career at Brewer Enterprises. Wha... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter 19- On the run
Chapter 20- GAME ON
Chapter 21- The GAME is ON
Chapter 22- It just keeps getting better and better
Chapter 23- Falling harder and harder
Chapter 24- Resisting is harder than it seems
Chapter 25- Weekend with You
Chapter 27- Cold shoulder
Chapter 28- Guilt
Chapter 29- A mistake
Chapter 30- It feels like I can't function
Chapter 31- Time to make a stand
Chapter 32- Green Eyed Monster
Chapter 33-Jealous?
Chapter 34-Count to Ten
Chapter 35- I still care
Chapter 36- Its a risk I must take
Chapter 37- Can't get enough of you
Chapter 38- Right Move
Chapter 39- "What is it you want, Miss Daniels?"
Chapter 40- "Anything for you, Miss Daniels"
Chapter 41- James' Plan
Chapter 42- Fun
Chapter 43- Take my breath away
Chapter 44- Heart Bleeds for you
Chapter 45- "My Boyfriend"
Chapter 46- Worth the Wait
Chapter 47- Unknown Number
Chapter 48
Chapter 49- HeartBroken
Chapter 50- Damage
Chapter 51- Two hearts; alone once again
Chapter 52- Ethan
Chapter 53
Chapter 54- Eleanor
Chapter 55- Masquerade
Chapter 56 - Truth
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 - True Love Beats All
Chapter 60- No matter the cost
Chapter 61- You bring me Strength
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
END CHAPTER
Author's Note
Epilogue The Wedding
Bonus Chapter/Snippet- Valentine's Day
BOSS UNDERCOVER PUBLISHED!?!?
AUGUST 28th
♦️COVER REVEAL♦️ PREORDER LIVE
BOSS UNDERCOVER IS #LIVE!
BOSS UNDERCOVER PART ONE IS FREE!
Boss Undercover Boxset + Update

Chapter 26- These feelings

448K 13.6K 1.3K
By Vampirefangsrules

Harper stirred as she woke up surrounded still in the warmth of the heat. Sitting up, she noticed James near her, his eyes protected with a tinted pair of sunglasses on as he read through a newspaper. Beads of moisture lay heavily upon his chest, the sunlight embracing him. Harper could look at him all day if she could, she thought.

"Good nap?" He asked, pushing his sunglasses to the end of his nose. Harper nodded blushing as she looked away wondering if he caught her staring at him. James sat up placing the paper on the side as he got up. "We're going back. Not actually far from the port." Harper nodded getting up as well.

"I'll never get bored of looking at that." He said, the smirk upon his lips as his eyes dazed at her body. Harper blushed, knowing he was implying to the fact she was wearing a piece that hardly covered her body. "Its sexy as f**k." He grinned pushing his sunglasses back up his nose. Harper bit her lip, feeling her cheeks burn up. James picked up a shirt off the side she didn't notice and slipped it back on, she frowned inside, missing his naked flesh.

"Coming?" He asked.

"Yes." She said following him back to the back for the boat where the rest of his family was. Gwen beamed as she watched Harper walk over, whereas Violet was busy sunbathing back.

"Ah, did you have a nice nap, sweetie?" Gwen smiled. Harper nodded. "Yes, thank you. I found it hard not to fall asleep. Its so peaceful."

"Well once we are back, perhaps you could join us back for dinner?" She said before James piped in. "Actually, I was going to take Harper back home. Grab her stuff and go." I think she's exhausted from today." Gwen's smile slightly deflated. "Oh, sure...sure. I mean we have just loved your company so much Harper. But I understand your boyfriend is missing you to himself." Harper blushed smiling as she looked down to her feet. James coughed. "Where's father?" Gwen thrusted her chin upwards. "Driving us back of course."

Reaching back to land, James had already had sorted her suitcase to be loaded so there was no need to go back to mansion with his parents however that didn't mean she got away from his Mother easily, Harper was held in a tight squeeze. Violet had offered for Harper to keep the costume admitting it suited her more and stuffed it in her suitcase. James leaned against his door trying his best not to look over, a part of him knew that this would hurt his Mother if she knew this was all fake, he could see the adoration his Mother had for Harper, it was dangerous.

"Come back anytime you like. You know that right." Gwen cooed cupping Harper's face in her hands. Harper smiled, her heart aching for how welcomed she felt. "Thank you for having me." Gwen shook her head smiling before pulling Harper into another hug.

James coughed. "Mother." Gwen pulled away apologising as Harper met up with James climbing into the car. Before he climbed in, Harper watched smiling as he kissed his Mother on the cheek, the same with his sister before firmly shaking his hand with his Father then climbing back in the driver's side. Harper waved back as the car started moving away, her eyes were threatening to tear up in joy. He had a wonderful family that she felt warmed up to.

"Tired?" He asked as Harper sat back.

"Yes, your family exhausted me out." She chuckled. James smiled to himself muttering after. "They loved you being there..." Before he coughed looking back onto the road. Harper blushed looking down at her lap before saying, "So back to work tomorrow?" James nodded turning onto the motorway. "Yes, I have plenty of meetings tomorrow to keep me occupied."

Harper looked out the window watching as the scenery beside her blurred, the surrounding of the country disappeared and replaced with urban. James glanced through his corner of his eye upon her, he was having these strange feelings that were threatening to overwhelm him. It was completely out of the ordinary, he didn't feel these feelings with various other women, and now they were just coming out of the blue being near her.

James pulled up outside her apartment, they drove the rest of the journey in utter silence and now it was proving awkward as the car ran and no one dared to speak. James switched the engine off keeping his fingers remained on the key, for some reason words wouldn't come out of his mouth.

"I'll see you at work then." Harper said, averting his attention. 'Thanks for...the weekend. I guess." James nodded barely speaking a word. Harper got out grabbing her suitcase from the car boot before meeting back at the passenger window. "Well...bye." She muttered, James looked at her, his expression unreadable as he nodded once more. Harper started pulling her suitcase away, the sound of the car speeding down into the distance. She frowned to herself, she noticed how he became off with her. Harper sighed opening the door but was bombarded into a embrace.

Dani beamed before letting go. "Gosh I've missed you. Remind me, I'm going to a hotel when left alone with Duke. He's been moaning all weekend saying he's bored." She smirked, rolling her eyes. "So how did the business conference go?"

"Boring." She lied. "So...did you get strange letters again?" Dani shook her head. "No, none whatsoever. Maybe it was nothing. Some stalker." She chuckled. The rest of the evening nothing else happened, Harper ate her meal in her bedroom dodged running into Duke and went to bed early.

James where else was restless, he sat at his office desk in his penthouse drinking back a bottle of whiskey filling each cup each time. He was unsettled by the fact, he couldn't understand what was going on with these feelings. He refused to believe they were, it was perhaps the reason he hadn't had sex for a while now for trying to keep low and out of the press. Maybe it was that he thought. He still had a while till he could grasp that deal but that couldn't stop him surely? Putting on a shirt, he zipped up his trousers before doing his cuffs. He knew he was a bit cold towards Harper when he dropped her off, something wasn't right with him though he thought. He needed a drink, there was only place where the press wouldn't catch him and he could find a decent woman to hook up with in the night.

Getting into his car, he pressed on through to the city, energy kicking in as he raced through the streets, he passed onto a small alleyway where a small lit up bar was situated. Getting out, he flashed his keys locking the car then entered the bar, there were a few people in there, some in a drunken state as they knocked back a few. He headed for the stools by the bar ordering his usual before taking a massive gulp back. His mind however couldn't stop racing back to Harper, everything about her was like a drug to him, she was addictive. This wasn't right he thought, he never got emotionally attached, he adored how hard to get she was at first, her innocence he craved, he didn't think that he would be totally messed up all about it now and doubting his true nature of playing with women's hearts. James sighed undoing his tie slightly from his neck then he rubbed his jawline looking down at his feet. A elegant smell invaded his nostrils, it was overpowering not like the smell he adored Harper smelt of but the common fragrance women he had slept with before. The last time he had been at a bar, he didn't go through with sleeping that last woman because of Harper, he needed to clear his head of these feelings or whatever they were.

The woman sat down on the stool next to him, she crossed her leg over the other, the dress he noticed from the corner of his eye rising up her thigh. He wetted his bottom lip taking another sip from his glass. He kept insisting to himself that he needed to get rid of these feelings, the only way he felt was to sleep with this woman beside him.

"James? James Brewer?" The woman beside him said. James tensed frowning as he looked to the women. His mouth went dry instantly, he recognised her face, hey he remembered sleeping with her but not her name. She pushed her blonde hair to the side revealing her neck and jawline. Bursting in excitement, she leaned forward, her cleavage on full show tempting James very much.

"You do remember me?" She said. "Its Taylor. Remember?" James shrugged his shoulders carelessly as he took a sip from his drink, that thought earlier of sleeping with her sounded like a bad idea now. She was appearing clingy he thought.

"We dated for a month back in the day. Until you...got bored of me and...dated that Olive." She blabbered looking down at her drink before meeting his eyes again. "However the case, I bet your not just here for a friendly drink. I used to feel something for you if i'm honest, but I have learnt to deal with guys like you now." James nodded not even interested in the words coming out of her mouth now.

"So are we gonna f**k or not?" She said openly. James choked on his drink looking at her instantly. "Excuse me?" He said, raking his hair back with his fingers. She pursed her lips tapping her shoe against the stool. "Well, lets be honest. You always go to a bar for one reason or another. That's how we got it off the first time we met. Look." She said, leaning in closer to him, pulling his collar she pulled him in muttering near his ear. "I won't tell a birdie. And I won't feel anything for you as well, I've learnt not to. So, if your interested, here's my key, its a hotel room." James was stunned, shocked, he just sat there watching as she got up flicking her hair to her back placing the key in his hand before walking off. He was used to taking control, but he wouldn't lie that it was entertaining indeed. Knocking back his drink, he threw a note on the bar before heading outside, he searched the area for any press which was unlikely. This would sure forget his feelings he thought.

He entered the hotel lobby, casually entering the lift as he undone his cuffs before opening the door with the key he was given. Inside, he cocked his eyebrow as she lay on her front on the bed kicking her feet in the air wearing nothing but lingerie. She in return cocked her eyebrow up.

"You came? Well, I'm not surprised...mind you, its not like you'll ever settle down. Or if you do, its not gonna be a long marriage." She said. James sighed. "Should I just go? Or are we just having a Mother's meeting?" Taylor got up, revealing her to be wearing only a lacy blue set of lingerie. "Oh you're interested now?" She mocked.

James sighed in frustration quickly taking his tie off before striding over as he pushed her back onto the bed. He could feel blood pumping through his veins, the strength to get rid of these feelings he felt. He growled at the back of his throat as he crashed his lips against hers, there was no urge or possession to do so, but he kept his lips against hers enjoying the instance feeling to have her. He could feel her hands unbuttoning his shirt as he leaned over, ripping off his shirt, he was embraced with her experience as she kissed him exactly where he liked it. James then took the control of releasing her bra as he handled her ,that she moaned his name. James soon was taking her into the covers, and for that moment, Harper was not on his mind. It was just him and this woman.

When James woke up, he was barely covered by the covers, he looked over expecting Harper but instead brought him to reality that he just had sex with a woman he dated a while back. He sighed raking his hand through his hair as he sat up. He didn't feel right, right about doing that. Getting up, he slid his boxers and trousers on, before slipping his shirt back on. This was ridiculous he thought, why was he feeling guilty? He's not dating Harper. James left the room, putting on his coat as he left the lobby. It was early, about five in the morning. He needed to go home, take a shower and get ready for work. He was feeling guilty for some reason, a instant regret.

Harper got up, it was six in the morning. She couldn't sleep, it was proving difficult to lie in. Harper was anxious to see him today, its almost seems right to be seeing him everyday. She sighed, was she just getting herself into trouble? She felt something for this man, that weekend pretending to be his girlfriend was just making it more difficult for her.

Why did she have feelings for her boss?

Thanks for reading, sorry if this is a bit of a short chapter. We will be getting further into the plot soon. Please vote, comment and follow for more.

Thank you for the wonderful comments, it inspires me to write more.

VAMPIREFANGSRULES xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 76.4K 62
#1 ambivalent love series Highest rank #23 in romance Meet Britondii Luca - the simple 23 years old woman living with her best friend Lucas,the proud...
2.3K 208 28
OH MY GOD! There's nothing quite like being trapped with the one man you can't stand .. egotistic, pompous, and brutal. He was the epitome of opulen...
170K 4.5K 21
Kimberly thinks she has her life figured out,with her about to graduate from college. A small job on the side to take care of her expenses but what h...