Love Unconditionally

بواسطة fattymayonnaise

This is the Sequel to The Guy Next Door. ------------------ Unconditional- not limited by condition. Absolute... المزيد

1.New Beginnings....
2.Not Today Satan...
3.Full of Surprises
4.Complications....
5. My Favorite Guy
6. Sparks Will Fly
7. Curiosity
8. Family Affairs
9. Fight Night
10. Reality Check
11. Something Like a Date
12. Nosy People..
13. Secrets Secrets & more Secrets?
14. Confessions
15. Shxt Happens
16. B*tches Be Schemin'
17. Change of Plans
18. Say Whet?!
Q&A
19. Out of Control
20. Telling the Truth
21. Trouble Follows
22. Was it Worth It?
23. Hurtful Things
24. Two Wrongs w/ a Side of Delusional...
25. Made It Out
26. Forgetting the Past
27. You Remind Me
29. See You Again
30. Epilogue
For Better or Worse

28. Overcoming Pride

40.9K 1.9K 768
بواسطة fattymayonnaise

KyLeah

"Wassup Ky," Keenon said, walking up the bleachers. I had Brae sitting in my lap, bouncing him. He kept tryna reach for any and everything that was close, including the lady's hair that sat in front of us.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked, sliding over. He took a seat beside me.

"Uh, I came to see the boys game. I seen little Kirsten out thea. She ain't a baby no mo," he laughed rubbing his chin. I laughed with him, shaking my head.

"She isn't. She probably weigh just as much as I do now."

"Real. Who's this little fella?" He asked referring to Braelyn. I stood him up in my lap and started making silly faces. He giggled, slobbing on his hands.

"This handsome man is Braelyn," I cooed, smiling at him. He reached for my hair but I pulled back. He thought. "He has an obsession with my hair." Braelyn screamed, clapping his hands together. I don't know why he was all hype now but he was and I was okay with it. Maybe he'll wear himself out so he'll sleep through the night.

Keenon pinched his cheeks, getting him to smile. He held his hands out to Brae and surprisingly, he went to him. "He likes to squirm so mak-"

"Ky," he said cutting me off. "I know how to hold a baby. I got this." I threw my hands up in surrender and watched as her interacted with my son. Brae held on to his finger, shaking it. He made eye contact with his tattoos and started scratching at it, like he did all the time with Ant.

"My husband has tattoos and he does the same thing."

"It's cool. My niece does the same thing. I find it funny." It was an awkward silence, although there was a game going on. I thought back to when Keenon and I went to school together and all those times he'd help me with Kirsten. I used to think it was because he felt sorry for me but he didn't have sympathy for me. He was just being a good friend.

"Hubby coming? I'd like to meet him."

The question threw me off because it was so random. "Uh, yeah, he said he would make it. I'll be happy to introduce you."

"For real? I was just joking. I don't want to cause problems."

I frowned before laughing. "Problems? How? We're just old friends."

"Yeah, but do he know that?"

I paused, thinking about how I never really told him that I ran into Keenon. It just seemed like all we had been doing for the past few weeks was fighting that we never talked about anything. I don't have feelings for Keenon in that way so I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. Ant knows I wouldn't cheat on him.

"I'm a take your silence as a no," he chuckled.

"It's not that I'm hiding it, it's just we haven't really seen much of each other lately."

He looked at me and sighed. It was like he still knew me. "Ky, iono what ya marriage got going and it ain't my business to know but I knew you once. And you not a quitter. If it's something you want, don't let nothing get in the way. Especially not me. I respect you as a friend and I'd never interfere with what you got at home."

"Thank you." I gave him a faint smile, wiping under my eyes. He wrapped his arm around me, giving me a hug as Braelyn crawled back in my lap. His tiny arms squeezed around my neck.

"You know I got you." He smiled at me as he leaned over, resting his arms on his thighs. We joked about the old days and how we both used to get put out of class for laughing. Those were the days.

Kirsten

"Share punk," Ishmael said, pushing my head. I laughed, spilling my iced tea. We sat outside the gym, passing the time until the game. He bought me a pack of Skittles, which are my favorite. He knows I don't like to share Skittles.

"Huh, dang!" I laughed, pouring some in his hand. I couldn't stop laughing which only made him get in his feelings some more. He was a big baby. My big baby. I love him though.

I felt his face close to mine, staring at the side of my face. "Can I help you?"

"You still haven't said anything about what we talked about earlier? I wanna know what you're feeling Izzy."

I gave a faint smile, looking out into the parking lot. "That's because there's nothing to say. I'm not ready."

"Izzy, we gotta ta-"

"Damn it Junior. Can we just sit here and not talk about how my boyfriend will be a freshman in high school next year and I'll still be in middle school." I pouted, slightly throwing a temper tantrum.

"Fix yo face and quit whining. You know you my girl and ain't nothing changing. I'll still see you, come to your games when I can, we'll still go on dates."

"You promise?"

He lifted my chin with his index finger and pecked my lips repeatedly. "I promise. Okay? So stop worrying, you're the only girl that has my heart. You're the only one I want and ten years from now, you'll the one I'll be married to."

I blushed, grabbing his face. "I love you. I mean it."

"I love you too Izzy." He stood up and helped me up as well. Our hands intertwined with one another as we walked back to the dream. It was almost time for the first game and I wanted to watch.

We bypassed the line and walked in the gym. Of course it wasn't packed yet. It usually doesn't get live until the boys game. I have no idea why because our record was just as good but it's just something about boys basketball that was exciting.

"Kristen!"

"Daddy!" I yelled, letting go of Ishmael's hand and running to Ant. I jumped on him, causing him to stumble a little bit. People turned to look at me but I didn't care. The fact that my parents set aside their differences and are both there to support me made me happy. Even if it was only for the night.

"You getting too big for this la girl," he laughed, holding his back. I play slapped his arm. "I thought I was always daddy's little girl? Huh?"

"You are but you gotta warn a nigxa before you run and jump. I'm usually sitting down when you jumping on me. You ain the same size you were 3 years ago." We both laughed as I jumped down. I spotted my mama at the bleachers sitting by Keenon.

"Ma!!" I yelled and got smacked upside the head. "Ow." I frowned, rubbing the back of my head. We walked up the bleachers and I sat beside Ishmael. I watched as my dad stood at the end of the aisle, looking at my mom.

"Hey, I saved you a spot," she said, patting the empty spot next to her.

"Can I talk to you?"

Anthony

I stood there looking at Leah and this nigga beside her. It was like my worst nightmare coming true. I neglected my wife and didn't pay attention to her like I should have. I messed up and let pride get in the way of what really mattered to me the most. My family.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I reached my hand out for her to grab. She gave me a strange look before sighing. She gave Brae to Kirsten and took my hand. I lead her out, towards the women's bathroom.

"Ant, what you doing?"

I didn't say anything as we entered the restroom. There was a lady in there and she looked at me crazy as she washed her hands.

"You do know that this is the women's bathroom right?" She asked sarcastically.

I shook my head. "Nahhh, I just brought my wife into the men's bathroom so a bunch of random niggas could look at ha while I'm tryna have a conversation."

She scoffed, wiping her hands and leaving out. I turned to Leah who just shook her head.

"I'll apologize to ha later but right now, I owe you an apology. I've been selfish in my own world lately and I haven't thought about your feelings and how my words and actions make you feel like you're not wanted or appreciated but you are and I am truly sorry. You've been a major part in my life, packing up and living Houston, having to start over."

"I love you more than life itself and I don't know what I'd do without you. I miss you laying next to me. I miss the conversations, the family dinners, I miss my support system. I miss my wife and I miss my bestfriend."

She just looked at me as if she were trying to get her words together. She just simply smiled and hugged me. No words were spoken after that. Just a moment that was well overdue.

-

"OMG! I'm so proud of you baby," Leah squealed as she left the gym with Kirsten. Ant was right behind them, holding Braelyn. Both teams won and Kirsten was named MVP.

"Yeah, scrub, you gon be a real baller just like your old man," Ant laughed, gripping the top of her head. She knocked his hand away. "Or I can be a better baller."

"Oohhh, burn!" Leah instigated, unlocking the doors. She tossed the keys to Kirsten. "Catch."

"You serious?"

"Yeah, you'll be fourteen soon and you can take your driver's test so why not practice." She shrugged, smirking. Ant agreed to take Braelyn and kissed his wife before heading to his car. Leah got in the passenger seat and Kirsten jumped in the drivers. She checked the mirrors and put on her seatbelt.

"Try not to kill us, okay?"

Kirsten mugged her momma, starting the car. "You always tryna play me ma. I got this."

-

Lamar walked down the street to meet Nicole. He had a duffel with him, full of the cash that she gave him. He wanted nothing to do with what she had going on after finding out that Leah was his brothers girlfriend mom. He just didn't have it in his hurt to see his little brother hurt.

"Here, I'm not doing it." He dropped the bag at her foot. She looked down at the bag and started laughing. "I figured you would. You can keep the money though. It's already done." She laughed hysterically as she got in her car and drove away. She had won in her eyes.

-

"OnStar, what is your emergency?"

Kirsten looked over at her motionless mother and cried. Everything happened so fast, she couldn't stop it. "It's my mom. She's not moving. M-mom. Wake up plleeaaseee."

"Okay stay calm honey, help is on the way. What's your name?"

"K-Kirsten."

"Oh that's a pretty name. My name is Amanda and I'm going to stay on the phone until the police arrive okay?"

Kirsten coughed violently, spitting on her on blood. She didn't know that the pact of the airbag broke a few of her ribs. Her breaths were short and shallow.

"Kirsten, are you there? Kirsten talk to me."

"I-I-I can't br-breathe.." The faint sounds of sirens could be heard in the background. Kirsten grabbed her mothers hand and squeezed it.

"I-it's okay mama. I got you."

*****

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

38K 714 21
Class 1-A just moved into the dorms and had a competition. The idea had been suggested by Asui, known by most of her class as Tsu, to get her spirits...
Doors open. بواسطة ash

قصص الهواة

501K 7.6K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
682K 24.8K 100
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
103K 2.1K 33
This story is about a girl named Asia who lives with her father and is abused by him. One day she gets really hurt and left her house. Who will she r...