The Paid Mother (BWWM) ✔

By josie321

Jackie is a full time clown who lives to put smiles on people faces. Kevin Powers is a hard working business... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Soundtrack
What's next?
My Valentine (Bouns Chapter)

Chapter 31

10.4K 424 22
By josie321

Jackie

"Rise in shine" I felt the sunlight on my face causing me to wake up. I pulled the covers over my head.

 "Get you ass up!" I heard my brother Larry say clapping his hands.

 "Leave me alone" I said going deep under my covers trying to go back to sleep.

 "Child when was the last time you cleaned this room" I heard my sister walking into my room. Suddenly I felt someone grabbing the covers. I quickly got a grip on the edge of the covers and started to pull it towards me.

 "Get up!" Luis, my brother, said to me.

 "Why can't you guys leave me the fuck alone" I yelled back.

 "Jackie you been in this room for two weeks now and haven't done shit" said Luis. 

 "Yeah, its time you get out" Esther said.

 "I just want to stay here until it is time for me to go" I felt my brother starting to pull the covers harder.

 "Jackie we don't know what is going on with you, but just like you. We also have a limited time to be home. Whether it's our last day or not I want to spend these last few weeks spending time with my family" When I heard my oldest brother Jr. say that   I let go of the covers.

 "Alright" I remove the covers from my body. looking around my room to see all my brothers and my sister in my room. 

 "Ok, get dress and wear something comfortable" and with that, they all left one by one. I went to get a shower and got dressed. Since it is snowing outside, I wearied a long-sleeve gray wool sweater with a white scarf,  black tights, and long brown boots. I still have my hair in braids, so I just left it down to cover my face. I grabbed my jacket and went downstairs to see my siblings all waiting for me.

 "Ready" I said with a yawn. I saw 5 backpacks in the living room "What is this for?" I asked.

 "Don't worry about just go wait in the car while we load the things into the car" Jr. said.

 I rolled my eyes " I can't believe you guys woke me up before the dam sun"  Once everything was loaded, we stop at McDonald's to get a quick breakfast. In the car Jr. was the one driving and Esther was in the passenger seat while was stuck in the back between Luis and Larry. 

 "I still don't understand why I have to be the one to sit in the back with these two fools" because Larry and Luis are twins make things worse,  they are both equally annoying. They kept trying to bring up Kevin and Max. And after what happened on New Years I just want to forget everything. And they are making it kind of hard. I didn't know where we were going and plus they woke me up early to I tried to take a nap. But  Larry and Luis would not shut the fuck up.

 "Aw come on Jack it's the first time since we got back that you have been close to us" Luis said pinching my cheeks. I pushed his hand away from me.

 "Whatever. Hey, where are we going by the way? My ass is starting to hurt"

 "It's a surprise" Jr. said. At that moment I started to freak out because everyone in the car started to have some kind of creepy smile on their face.

 "Hey Esther can you turn on the radio" Larry said. When my sister turns on the radio a song by R. Kelly called Ignition( remix) came on.

 "Oh, shit I haven't heard this song in a minute" Both Luis and Larry said. This song used to my siblings and I favorite song when we were little. When this song first came out we all went crazy, I remember when I was little we used to play this song on replay and just dance around the living room.

 "Come on Jackie it's your turn" Larry said bumping me on the side.

So baby gimme that toot toot

Lemme give you that beep beep

Running her hands through my 'fro

Bouncing on 24's

While they say on the radio...

As the song played we all started to sing and jam to the song just like old times. 

 "Man, I don't remember when was the last time we jammed out like this" Larry said catching his breath after the song was over.

 "Yeah, we had some good memories with this song" Esther said. After that was was an awkward silence the whole car ride. I started to look out the window to see if I can guess where we were going, but all I could see were a bunch of trees.

 "Are we still in New York?" I asked feeling nerves.

 "Yes" Jr. answered.

"Hey, Jackie wake up" I woke up to the sound of my sister's voice. When I open my eyes I looked around to see no one was in the car. 

 "Are we there yet?" I asked with a yawn.

 "Yeah,  now hurry up before we're late" My sister said getting out of the car.

 I was still in a daze since I just woke up from a dream, so it took me a while to fully wake up. I stretch out my back and that's when I remember what Esther said.

"Late for what?" I got out of the car to see we are parked in a parking lot. I slowly got out of the car. After I stretched out my legs, I walked towards the back of the car to see my siblings all putting on backpacks. Jr. tossed me a bag.

 "What's this?" I said confused.

 "This is your bag. We're going hiking now hurry up" he said walking away while the rest followed. I looked down at my outfit and realized I am nowhere near dress to go on a hike. When he said dress comfortable, In my mind I thought we were going out to eat or somewhere inside. Since it is winter and cold as fuck outside. You would a person wouldn't go hiking in the snow. Seeing as I had no choice I put on my bag and followed. 

 On the hike, Jr. was in the front and Esther followed close behind. The twins were in the own little world while I followed behind them. I tried my best to keep up with him, but this cold weather was getting to me and I was becoming tired.  I looked up to see them still walking ahead of me.

 "Fuck this" I said. I lean next to a tree and catch my breath. It was so cold that I could see my breath every time a breath of air. "Geez man, why did I come here" this is why I  never really liked to hang out with my siblings that much. Because every time I am with them I always feel like the five wheels. I guess if you want to call it that. I never felt wanted or part of the family around them.  Especially since I went against my father's wishes and didn't do what they wanted me to do. To my father and my family's eyes, I always felt like I was a lost cause. The oddball. 

"Hey Jack" I jumped in surprise to see Larry. "You good?" he asked.

 "I just needed to catch my breath" I answered rubbing my cold hands together.

 "Oh I got you" Larry went into his bag and pulled out a pair of gloves and a beanie.

 "Thanks," I said taking them.

 "No problem. Now let's go before the others get worried" he said taking my head.

 "What's the rush. It's not like if we don't make it the world is going to end" 

 He turned around and smiled "You'll see"

 We manage to catch up. And Larry stayed back my side the whole time. He had my back when I almost slip on the snow and when I needed a break he would wait for me. I never saw this side of Larry before it was kind of weird because I'm so used to seeing him with Luis. You know they are both kinds of a package deal. Seeing him and Luis together I felt like that bond was something I could never be a part of even if I am there sister. 

 We finally made it to the first rest stop. And I quickly to advantage of it. Sitting happily down on a bench I took off my backpack. 

 "Oh, Thank you, Jesus" My feet are killing me. These boots are not made for hiking or walking this long. I went into my bag to find a packed lunch "I guess they thought of everything" I took out a bottle of water and a ham and cheese sub sandwich.    Eating my sub, Esther came over and sat next to me. It is kind of awkward since we haven't talked at all on the hike.

 "How you holding up?" she asked.

 "Alright, I guess. My feet are sore, but I'll be ok" I answered.  We both ate in silence. When I am halfway done with my sub, Esther decided to talk again.

 "I'm sorry" I haven't talked to Esther ever since I left during are shopping free.

 "For what?" I took a sip of my water "Are you sorry that it's me and not you? or are you sorry for what dad has put us through?" I turn to face her.

 "I---"

 "Look just stop with the bull shit ok" I shook my head "You guys weren't there when I ran away. And you guys won't be here when I Ieave, so don't act as you care now"

 "Jackie I've alwa---" I got up from the bench and started to walk on the trail again.

 "Hey Jack!"

 "Jackie wait" I felt someone grab my arm. I was pull back and force to turn around face to face with Larry.

 "Do me a favor the next time you guys want to do some sibling outing don't invite me. And don't wake my ass up four in the morning" I yelled and pulled my arm back. I turned around and started to walk up the trail again. 

 I don't think I can make it anymore. I don't have Max anymore. I don't have a family. And I definitely don't have Kevin anymore. I'm so angry at myself. Angry that I didn't fight enough of Max and Angry that I can't be with the one I love before I go. I tried my best to walk ahead of the others because I didn't want to see them or be around them.

 I looked up and saw a sign that said we were almost at the top. And thank God too. I don't know how long I could have made it. Once I made it to the top, I screamed at the top of my lungs not caring if I was getting a few stares.  When I was done letting it all out, I took the time to enjoy the view. Although I didn't want to come to the hike the view was all worth it. We made just in time because the sun was rising. It looked beautiful. In a weird way, I felt like I was being baptized. Like a new day and a new begging was about to come. A fresh start.

 I felt strong arms wrap around my neck.

 "Get---"

 "You're going to take this" Suddenly everyone came around and gave me a hug. I was trapped in between my siblings. On the plus side, I am warm. After a few minutes, they finally let go of me and I gladly welcome the cold.

 "Listen Jackie. You can say whatever you want, but you can't deny that we will always have your back" I slowly turned around to face Jr.

 "Do you?" I said confused.

 "Did you have my back when dad said he disown me? Where you there when I was bullied and picked on? All my life I wonder what it would be like to have a brother who would my back. A brother who could beat anyone's ass who made fun of their sister" I turn to face Esther "A sister who I can confide in"

 "You guys weren't there when I needed you guys the most" I looked away to hold my tears "And I know part of it is not your fault, but I thought you guys would have at least have my back when I told dad I didn't want to join"

 "Jackie when you stood up to dad. We were all in shock you did something we never had the balls to do." Larry spoke.

 "Yeah, when we find out you ran away. I was sad, but at the same time jealous because you did something I only dreamed I could do. When you left I was happy at least one of us could live out our dream" Luis said.

 "Well, it's too late for that. He got me too" I said. I turned around and look back out towards the sunrise. "I'm afraid" I whispered.

 "We all were afraid. Shit, I'm still scared" Luis came next to me.

 "No, I'm afraid of turning into you guys. Never being able to smile again and always in content fear" I turn around to look at Jr. "Do you still get night terrors?" when he didn't answer I took that as a yes.

"Well don't worry. If any happens we promise to have your back" Larry said putting his arm around me and hugging me. "I know we're not the best family, but that's all we got" he said with a smile. It causes a cold chill down my spine because that's the first time I ever have seen him smile or well try to smile. 

 "Yeah, and I'm sorry Jackie we weren't there in the begging," Esther said walking up next to me.

 "And I'm sorry for not being there for you guys also. It's up until now I realize the struggle you guys went through. I now know doing this wasn't easy" 

 "It's ok Jackie as long as we stick together everything will be ok. It's a new beginning" Jr. said.

 Going down the trail is way more fun than going up. Not because now my brothers and my sister and I have now come to an understanding, but because it's way faster. On our way back home in the car, Esther was the one driving and everyone else was asleep. I wanted to go to sleep too, but I couldn't because Jr. is sitting next to me and he snores. 

 Ring

 Ring

 Ring

 I looked down at my phone to see a number I don't know. Taking a chance I answered it.

 "Hello?"

 "Yes, is this Cindy the clown?" a woman said.

 "What?" I said confused. Cindy is my clown name.

 "Is this Cindy the clown?"

 "Yes but---"

 "Oh good, Listen my grandson is turning 6 next weekend and for some reason, he wants a clown at his party. Do you think you can bring some kind of entertainment"

 "Listen I don---"

 "We'll pay you $200 an hour"

 "An hour?" I said in shock causing Jr. to almost wake up.

 "Yes, is that not enough? if you want more then you'll have to do one hell of a job"

 "It's enough" I quickly say "Um can you hold on please I have to speak to---my team" I put my phone on hold. 

"Esther" I whisper. She looks up at the rearview mirror "There's a woman on the phone that is paying me 200 bucks an hour for being a clown at her grandson's birthday party"

 "What!" She screams causing everyone to take up.

 "Hey what the hell" Luis said waking up. 

 "Jackie said there's a woman on the phone who will pay 200 bucks an hour or be a clown" Esther said.

 "Oh shit. You better take that job" He answered in a sleepy tone.

 "You guys want to do it with me?" I asked.

 "Uh---"

 "Yes," Esther quickly said.

 "Esther" Luis said glaring at her.

 "What it could be fun?" He rolls his eyes.

 "Alright fine" I take my phone off hold.

 "Hello"

 "Do we have a deal?" The women answered.

 "Yes, and can I bring my two partners?"

 "Sure why not" She answered.

 "Ok Thank you" I say excited and hang up. 

A WORD FROM JOJO:

Sorry for the late update and grammar. I don't feel like this was my best chapter, but I did not want you guys to wait any longer. I might redo this chapter when I have time or when I come up with a better scene. Thank you for your love and support <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 95 20
25 year old Kenya Smith, never had a normal childhood. With a absent father, drug addicted mother, verbally abusive twin. Her life took a drastic cha...
50.3K 1.7K 35
thinking no one could ever break down those walls. is she willing to let him in when 𝒉𝒆 comes along?....or will her stubbornness prevent him? ||ON...
3.6M 141K 34
C O M P L E T E D ☼ Book 1 ☼ - for·bid·den love a love forbidden by family, society, conscience, etc. - Jonathan Stiller, the powerful owner of th...
822K 25.2K 42
Valeria Patterson is the IT woman. She has everything: the looks, the brains, and not to mention the countless billions of dollars she owns. She's be...