My Record Store Romance

By elizabethrami

After an accident between Hailey and a stranger leaves her summer (and car) in ruins, she is left with no tra... More

My Record Store Romance
Still No Pancakes and a Job Interview
Feeling a Little Woozy There and Oh Not You Again
How It Use to Be and How I Want it To Be, and My Plans For Her
Don't Do That You're Insane and Broken Records
A Little White Lie and a Few Flashbacks
The Sounds of Sadness, Bad Dreams and Our First Customer
Screaming Bones, Wrapping Tape, and the Drive Home
The Affects of Then, Another Lie, and Wishful Thinking
Hugging a Stranger, Anytime Kiddo, and an I.O.U.
Okay Okay Okay -Author's Note-
Craved Feelings, Much Needed Advice, and The Walk Over
Faded Memories, Pancakes at Last, and Seeping Warmth
If Only I Had Paid Attention
Deserving the Worst, Imprints and Returning Lost Things
A Lot Can Happen in Twenty Four Minutes
While the World Cried With Me
Sleep In My Arms, I Can Take the Pain Away
Ally Ally Ally
Suppliers and Stealers of Oxygen
It All Has to Fall Apart Somewhere
Garlic Salt and Awkward Dinner Conversations
The Definition of Drew
Then Her Heart Stopped Beating Part One
Then Her Heart Stopped Beating Part Two
Then Her Heart Stopped Beating Part Three
She Lived but He Died Inside
Very, Very, Very Important Announcement
Apologies
He Was Looking Right Through Me
The MRSR Trailer
When Everything Hurts
He Was the Ocean and I Was the Shore
Most Common MRSR Questions Answered
Open Arms
MRSR 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY CONTEST REMINDER
Congrats Winners; MRSR 2 Year Anniversary Contest
The Phone Call and Frozen Yogurt
The Wrath of Millie Addison
Houses and Homes
The Accidental Arsonist
Black Coffee
I'm a Starving Artist and She's a Picasso Painting Part 1

You You You Me and Unbelievable

154K 2.8K 656
By elizabethrami

Chapter Four; You You You Me and Unbelievable

Rewritten

______

-DREW'S POINT OF VIEW-

No way in hell had I ever expected this to happen.

No way had I ever expected to see the her again. But here she was, the maniac who nearly ran me over, standing right in front of me. In the store I worked in.

God must really hate me.

As I turned around to face them, and I spotted her, my face turned from the biggest smile to the worst scowl I could possibly manage. It seemed to register right away who I was to her as well, because her mouth hung open and her eyes nearly shot out of her head.

Odie stood to the side, obviously expecting me to talk to her or introduce myself or something. But little did he know, I had already met her. And I wasn't planning to do anything other than give her a piece of my mind.

I mean, she nearly killed me the first time I saw her, so why talk to her again and test my already crappy luck?

So while I continued to fume, standing next to the door and sending her daggers with my stare, they both were standing across the room, completely silent.

Odie looked over at me, his flaky white eyebrows raised. He was confused. But he was picking up on all the tension, that's for sure. But how couldn't you? It was so thick you could cut it with a pair of scissors.

The silence hung over all of us a little awkwardly until Odie cleared his throat, breaking me away from my thoughts. I wouldn't take my scowl off of her, and she shifted her feet uncomfortably.

"Okay well are you going to come over here and introduce yourself or-" Odie began, but I interrupted him.

"You!" I snarled, taking my opportunity to walk over to the girl with green eyes as she stared at me in shock. I stood inches away from her, and she stumbled backwards a little before catching herself on the edge of the counter.

She probably thought I wasn't going to say anything. Well, she was wrong.

Then she seemed to get her senses back, because fury filled her features and she pushed off the counter and shoved me, but I hardly winced, not daring to look away from her.

"You!" She hollered right back at me, looking angry and flustered, almost like a troll.

"Me!" Odie added in, still horribly confused on the other side of the room. He had no idea what was going on. But we were too caught up in our argument, so we snapped our heads in his direction, giving him a look.

"Well alright then." He shrugged, huffing as he turned around and hobbled off towards the back room. We both waited until he was completely out of sight to turn back and face each other.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I spat, disgust clearly evident in my voice. Only inches apart, I began to take notice at the veins on the side of her neck popping out and her jaw clenching with anger.

"Me?" She yelled, cackling at me like I couldn't be any more ridiculous. "What the hell are you doing here?"

I shrugged my shoulders at her, rolling my eyes. She was obviously was not the brightest crayon in the box.

"I work here, obviouslymaniac." I said, putting a lot of emphasis on the last part, making sure she knew exactly how low I thought of her. She clenched her fists, and I grinned, now knowing how easy it was to set her off.

I backed away from her, walking over to one of the couches and leaning against it. But being as stupid as she was, she didn't get that I moved to get away from her, because she followed me, stomping angrily.

"Well, I guess that makes two of us now." She said, crossing her arms and smirking at me. I hated that smirk; It was absolutely awful.

But now it was my turn to be shocked. I hadn't expected that one. Not in a million years.

I stepped forward, my hands falling to my sides as I tried to hide my surprise. "He hired you?" I asked, nearly stuttering as my tone dropped.

"Sure did, maniac." She mimicked me cockily. I couldn't believe this. Odie, hiring her? Did he have any idea what he had just done?

A frown spread across my face instantly, and I couldn't contain my anger any longer.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I threw my hands up in the air, still not being able to comprehend what had possessed him to hire her. "This is such a joke."

"You wish." She laughed, snickering as she glared at me. She knew she had the upper hand now, dropping a bomb shell like that on me.

I mean, how was I suppose to ever know this would happen? After our first encounter, in this large of a city, I was positive I would never have to see her ever again.

God really did hate me.

I pushed away from the couch, running a hand through my hair; a nervous habit I never was able to shake off. But, I had no idea why I was even nervous in the first place.

"This is completely mad." I muttered, turning away from her and walking towards the back room, slipping through shelves and not even bothering to be discreet as I opened the door and it slammed behind me.

"Odie!" I yelled frantically, looking around the back room until I finally spotted him, back in his office examining something on his computer.

"Odie!" I repeated myself, finally catching his attention as he looked up and I walked over to him. But then he looked back towards his desk, his old gray eyes unamused.

I ignored it. "How could you hire her?" I asked angrily, but Odie still didn't understand.

"What do you mean how could I hire her? Why the hell not?" He responded, turning off his computer and backing out from his desk, standing up. "Can you please explain to me what in the world is going on, Drew?"

I huffed as I turned away from him, clenching my fists.

"Odie, it's her." I said, still not truly accepting it myself.

"Her who?" He asked, "Who is she? Why can't you just-"

"It's her," I hinted again, hoping he would finally get what I was talking about. "You know, the girl I told you about a few days ago."

He obviously wasn't. "Are you trying to play mind games or-"

"Dammit!" I said, finally snapping. "It's her! The girl who nearly turned me into road kill a few days ago with her car!'

Finally his aging brain must've understood what I was talking about, because he burst out laughing.

"Oh- oh my goodness." He put his hand over his mouth, hardly being able to contain his laughter. But then he couldn't because his occasional slip of a chuckle turned into full out chortling.

"Are you serious?" He asked, trying to recover but still not getting over how funny he thought this all was.

But it definitely wasn't funny.

"Does it look like I'm joking?" I sighed heavily, crossing my arms. Oh, how badly I wish it was all a joke.

He held onto the edge of his desk as he nearly fell over from another fit of giggles. "Well, I'm going to have to go out there and thank her."

He was smirking, standing before me. I just shook my head at him, rolling my eyes. I wasn't in the mood for his jokes. I wanted her gone.

"Can't you just take it back or something? Tell her it was a huge mistake and send her away?"

He then looked at me as if I was the biggest idiot he had ever laid his eyes on. I followed him as he walked out of his office and into the main area of the back room.

"Yeah, right." He scoffed, "And put up another help wanted sign for two years? I don't think so."

He stared at me sympathetically as I frowned. "C'mon Drew; give her a chance. When she came in she looked just as in love with the store as we are. And you might come to like h-"

"I highly doubt that." I grumbled.

Odie cleared his throat loudly. "As I was saying, you might come to like her. She could be a ton of help. Just go introduce yourself, talk to her, get to know her."

I rolled my eyes again.

"Please, just give her a chance." He pleaded, "You weren't exactly the greatest person when you first walked in here either, if I do recall."

"Yeah, I guess not." I chuckled, remembering the first time I had found myself in the record store, three years ago. It seemed like only yesterday.

I looked over at Odie. His old age had definitely made him more accepting. He normally didn't give people second chances like these.

"Yeah, I guess not." He mimicked me in an overly deep voice.

He got me. Now I was the one laughing.

"Okay, okay. Fine." I muttered unhappily. "I get it, you think I'm overacting and should go apologize and blah blah."

I wasn't happy about this. Not one bit. But I was compromising with Odie, and he was enjoying it.

"You definitely will!" He agreed excitedly, pushing me out of the back room and towards the door.

I looked reluctantly back at him before opening the door. Frowning at him, I mouthed 'You owe me.' as I sighed and stepped out.

He just waved at me to go, shaking his head back and forth.

Once I was finally out of the back room and the door shut behind me, I looked around.

"Hey!" I yelled, hoping to spot her quickly and get this nonsense over with. Just because I was being forced to apologize didn't mean I was actually sorry.

But to my surprise, as I circled the shelves and the bins and the counters looking for her;

she was nowhere in sight.

I knew it. I knew she was a bad person, from the moment I saw her.

She left!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127 1 13
Growing up in an abusive household has taken a toll on Kamiyah. In high school she had a couple close friends then she met the Sturniolo triplets. Th...
71 14 9
Summers are supposed to be that time of the year that you should look forward to. No school, hours at the beach, late night parties. What's not to lo...
269K 16.8K 43
[FREE STORY WITH EXCLUSIVE CHAPTERS] When George Shaw tries to find a plan for the last fifteen days to spend with his best friend, who he's had a cr...
207 0 18
Natalie Wilson wants to go home. Not her "new home"- the house that her father is moving them into with his fiancee and her son, and not her mom's ap...