Flames Of Seduction- Book 1

By LauraEBrown

***This story contains mature scenes*** ------------------------------------------------------- She doesn't g... More

Before Reading
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
The Bonus Chapter- Part One
The Bonus Chapter- Part Two
After Reading
Wattys 2016 & Second Book

Chapter Sixteen

12.3K 420 27
By LauraEBrown

Before me, a relaxed Andrew is apparently sleeping with his shirt and pants still on, lying on my bed. Am I hallucinating? His hand is tucked under his head and his eyes are closed. The posture is so pure that I want to attack his shirt. God damn it, what is he doing here? Is he supposed to be at his apartment by now?

I think he's sleeping. The good thing is he's on one side of the bed, so I have some room for sleeping. Or can I sleep next to him? Perhaps I should go and sleep on the couch. But firstly, I need to get dressed.

I grab the clothes I want to wear and strip from the towel, knowing he's asleep. After I put the pants and underwear and bra, I turn around while putting the shirt on. But then I see his piercing icy blue eyes staring at me with such a desire. I swallow; he's been watching me while I thought he was asleep.

I quickly put the top on and adjust it. He doesn't say a word, nor does he need to. His playful smirk explains everything to me, now. He saw me naked. Who are you kidding? He saw you naked before, especially there.

I only shot him a dirty glare, knowing words don't work deep into his thick skull. Just wait till I have the same opportunity Andrew, I will take a picture of it.

"Hmm, what is that look?" he finally speaks. I stand on my side of the bed and cross my arms.

"Why are you here?" I ignore his question.

He chuckles and pushes up, leaning against the headboard, "I believe I have to stay tonight,"

I scoff and roll my eyes, "and why is that?" Without answering my question, he starts to unbutton his shirt and then he takes it off in almost slow motion so I can see every bit of it.

When I think he's finished with his show, which follows by me staring at his heavy- set six pack solid chest, he gets off the bed and starts to unfasten his belt and unzip his pants. He's not going to strip before my eyes, is he? Once he makes sure, he's just in his boxers, he hops in the bed where he laid.

"I know Laura you wanted me to stay; I could read it in your eyes." He says and pats the bed.

I decide to give in and sleep next to him, so I lie down on the bed. "And you just stayed? Good, next time, why don't you also wear my underwears, you are free to do that."

"I will do whatever you want me to do, Laura, except that," He takes my hand and places a kiss on the back of my hand. I feel so wanted and so precious by his action, but can't help the question lurking around my mind. Will you cancel the contract if I ask you?

When he releases my hand, I feel the disappointment in my veins. But much to my surprise when he reaches for the night table, he doesn't turn off the light, but taking the Jane Eyre copy I always keep next to my bed.

He flips through the pages and a boyish smile plants on his face,

"It began calm, and indeed, as far as delivery and pitch of voice went," he starts to read a random page in a British accent. My mouth falls open, he can read in British. "It was calm to the end: an earnestly felt, yet strictly restrained zeal breathed soon in the distinct accents, and prompted the nervous language. This grew to force -- compressed, condensed, controlled. The heart was thrilled, the mind astonished, by the power of the preacher: neither were softened." He finishes the line and I find myself, lying fully on the bed toward him and watching how wonderfully he spells each word in pure British.

"You have British accent?" I ask.

"Yes, my father was British. His mother was Irish. British accent was something I had to learn." How come I didn't know about this? Think about it, I don't know anything about him.

"Can you teach me? I really like to learn British accent." I beg him. Reading historical novels and with great classic authors such as Jane Austen and Bronte sisters, I fell in love with the British accent and of course the culture. But I never had the opportunity to talk in the accent. Of course, as an American I can fake one, but not as good as a real British can.

"Of course, I will," he hands me the book, "choose a dialog,"

I flip to pages. What should I choose? A random one? After reading the book for more than thirty times, I don't remember a single word of it. And then it hit me,

"Do you think I can stay to become nothing to you? Do you think I am an automaton? -- A machine without feelings? And can bear to have my morsel of bread snatched from my lips, and my drop of living water dashed from my cup? Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain, and little, I am soulless and heartless? You think wrong!" I read the quote from where Jane talks about her feelings toward Mr. Rochester.

I try my best to read with an accent, but I know I failed since Andrew keeps his silence as if he's wordless. I know I chose it deliberately to signal him and I think some of his shocks is because of it.

He inhales deeply and then looks at me with his blue eyes-now-turned dark. He flips on his side toward me with his elbow bent under his head,

"You are not a machine? I..." Immediately I regret reading it. I didn't mean to make such an expression, but I wanted to tell him how much he's important to me.

"I know, just forget it." I hand him the book, "Will you read more to me please, and I'd like to hear your voice,"

"Absolutely," he takes back the book and starts to read the chapter of Jane and Mr. Rochester's first meeting. His husky voice is like a lullaby to me. I tuck closer to him and put my head on my net, his chest, and relax. At first, he's tense, obviously didn't expect me but he gets used to it and even welcomes me by putting his hand around me and cages me between his arms. I close my eyes and listen to how his voice makes me sleep, and finally, I sleep.

With the sound of my clock going off, I wake up. Stretching on the bed, I feel the happiness inside me. I reach behind me and disappointingly I see Andrew's gone. He must have waked up early so he can get a fresh up at his place. Or maybe last night was a dream? Was I dreaming about him coming here?

A handwritten note is on his side, though. I get the note and read it,

Sorry, I left you in the morning, I have early meetings.

Last night was amazing, and I have to tell you, dear Ms. Brown,

You bewitched me.

A tiny smile creeps on my face, so it was all real. What does he mean by bewitching? What have I done?

I get up and jump in the bathroom. When I remember how he was so gentle and how he read the novel to me like a father reading his child a story, I get yet another reason to smile. I don't know if it's right to say this but, yesterday, besides all its creepiness and sadness at first, was a great day of my life.

When I get to work, everywhere is neatly and there are some giant bouquets around as a celebration. I catch the sight of Caroline, one of the employees who work as a connector and controller with other companies. She is one of my best friends also; we talk to each other more than I talk to other employees.

"What is happening here?" I ask her after we greet each other. My first guess is someone just got married.

"Oh, you haven't heard? The OPC is sold to a new owner. I heard they still are going to keep the company. I hope they don't put down OPC, otherwise, we will all lose our jobs," she looks uneasy. Why haven't I heard about it yet? I guess being away this long time had its own consequences.

I have to see Ben and ask him about this new owner. If this company is put down, I don't have a job anymore. Damn, why is everything so complicated? I've been looking for a job as an interior designer since I graduated, but still there is no news. I wanted to get employment, but no office has a need for another interior designer.

Ben arrives at ten sharp. Due to his everyday arrival, he must have been here two hours ago but it must be the new owner who kept him.

I jump off of the chair and dash into his office.

"Good morning, Ben,"

"Good morning dear," he rubs his temple and walks to his desk; "Do you mind bringing me some coffee?"

"Of course, but before that. Is everything ok?" he inhales and exhale, "I heard about the new owner and putting down the OPC,"

He shakes his head, "they wanted to. They said they wanted to put an interior design office, but I oppose them and almost beg them to let the company work."

"Why would they want to make an interior design office?" I'm confused. This is a carrier company using is turned into a company with the similar field.

"Apparently, three of my employees, including you, are interior designers who are placed in the wrong placed so they work here after the eradication. As in for others, they were getting the transition to one of their companies with of course increased salaries and promotion," he exclaims.

I nod and drag myself out of his office so I can make his coffee, apparently he lost so much energy to keeping the company as the way it is. I don't if I should be happy that he kept the company and now everyone can work on the usual routine or sad for losing a good opportunity while I could get to my dream job. One day Laura, one day, I promise myself.

The day passes with just tension and everyone speaking of what is going to happen to them. However, it's all after Ben made a clarification about the company still doing its job.

When I get home, I'm deadly exhausted. The good thing is these shoes with kitten heels that I found in a store one day and I'm so grateful for that, so after work, I don't have to face red sore feet.

Then I hear a ding sound, informing of my incoming text,

-Where R U, girl? I've missed U like crazy?

Alice is right; I haven't seen them in age and after what happen to me they were the only ones who helped me to stand on my feet and to never give up. One of the reasons why I didn't leave Los Angeles was because I wanted to stay with them.

-I've missed U 2. Let's see each other tomorrow.

-Excellent. We come to get you at 7.

Letting her choose the destination, I know we won't get out of her favorite club before midnight with an additional of watching three movies in the row.

I enter my bedroom and smile crazily to the spot where Andrew slept last night. The Jane Eyre novel is lying on the same spot as I put it. I can still hear his voice.

Stripping out of my clothes, I run a warm bath for myself. I stand before the mirror and look at the same brunette girl with those silly brown eyes. What has been changed in me during this week? I feel more alive and freshened. Considering this my first time having sex, I should say made so many differences to me. For a second, I wonder what it would be like if I haven't lost my virginity to some asshole.

I shake that thought away and slip into the warm, cozy water and let it soak me in. I close my eyes and lean back. Then another text comes. Luckily I put my phone nearby so I can reach it without getting out.

-Where shall I take my girlfriend for her first date?

I let out a laughter. I didn't know Andrew can be such a romantic guy. So am I his girlfriend now?

-I don't know, maybe my boyfriend can impress me.

If he wants to flirt with me so why not return the favor?

-Ok. Tomorrow at six. A surprise.

Tomorrow? But I have plans with Alice and Ella. What should I do? Cancel on them or cancel on him? I can't disappoint my friends and I can't resist him either.

-Ok. See you then.

I know they will hate me if I tell them I can come with them. Only if I tell them about my date, maybe I can make the guilt lower. But if I tell them, they will probably ask me who he is and how we met. What should I tell them then?

-I'm sorry Al. I can't make it, maybe another time.

There, I send it. I know she will ask me about it so I put the phone away and get out of the bath. After dressing up, I realize it's really early if I want to sleep at eight o'clock. How can I burn the time?

Then a wicked smile covers my face. I know exactly how I can make this long night enjoyable. Grabbing the iPhone again, I search Andrew's name in the engine.

A long list comes up immediately with his activity and his empire company's website. Then a website gets my attention. FamousFix one of the famous and most clicked a website on which you find a celebrity's status. That makes me curious; I want to know how many women are after Andrew.

When the website opens, I scroll down and read. There is just one person on the list. I zoom in and gasp. This is the same woman who has been in every picture with Andrew. The dates show they'd dated for nine months and have been separated just a year ago. So it's long before me, is he still in love with her?

He said he can't love and date. So why didn't he tell me he dated once? Doesn't he count it? Perhaps their separation was nasty.

I get jealous of this woman, whoever this woman is. Amelia Moore.

She's just the model type, blonde hair, long lashes, and perfect body. I wonder why Andrew wants me when he had someone like her. She's just like a Barbie, but I bet she doesn't know anything about politeness. From the picture I can tell, she shows off her perfect dress.

What ticks me off more is that her status is single so is Andrew's. But I don't think it takes much time until the media finds out about us.

I search down the photos Andrew has once again. Although, most of them are a business, but I can see some of them are with the blonde or better say, Miss. Moore. I can't help the jealousy inside me. I know I have no right, but I have to ask him. Why he hid it from me? I know he didn't want me to know and perhaps yes, it's not my concern, but I need to know if this is true, if he really dated her.

Again everywhere is dark. I can feel objects around me so this not a plain black paper. This must a place.

"Hello?" I call out but there is no answer. And then the lights turn on but not around me, just on a spot, a few feet away from me, but so far that I can't see the things under the lights. But still enough to see there's a figure standing there. I decide to go near and see who is standing there.

When I'm just five feet away, I call out again but the man doesn't answer. Consequently, I get nearer. I tap on his shoulder; oddly this man seems so familiar to me only I don't remember.

"Sir?"

This time, I get his attention. He turns around and when the face is revealed to me I get shocked. Not because I see him, but because behind him is a girl. They look like they've been making out. Hell, they've been making out.

"Andrew?" I call his name. He just smirks at me and turns to the woman standing in his arm that is also looking at me with devil eyes and smirking as if she owns the world.

Then I remember everything, the girl is from the photo I saw. The same girl Andrew had dated before me.

"Who is she?" I stutter. My own feet betray me and try to give up the holding energy.

He chuckles and turns to the woman, "this is my wife, I wonder how you didn't find out by now." He caresses her cheeks and smiles sweetly at her.

His wife? How could it be possible? It was just yesterday that I talked to him. What is happening here? How can they be married?

"H-how it c-could be..." my feet finally give up and I drop numbly on the ground.

"Oh, poor thing, she didn't know about our love," the woman or better say Amelia says.

"Laura, how can you be so naïve? I just wanted your body, there was never an especial thing about you," he laughs and then they both leave while I sit on the ground and face the floor.

"No, no. that's impossible. T-that cannot be t-true..." the hot stream of tears covers my face.

Then I shake awake from my nightmare. I let out a relief sigh that it's finally over. Shoving my hand in my hair, I try to gain some strength. It's four in the morning, but I don't feel like sleeping. I drop lazily on the bed and stare up at the ceiling. What have I gotten myself into? How could someone get under my skin this so fast? Only then I realize how much he can hurt me, how much of a wreck I will become if he leaves me.

In the morning, I wake up early so I get much enough time to do some stretching and yoga. Last night events or better say this morning event was dreadful. I can still feel the shake in my body. I try to just relax and forget all about the nightmare.

"Hi, good morning," I say to Ben as I enter OPC. He replies with a smile and then disappears into his office; I can tell something is off. And I bet it's about the company. I wonder who would want to buy here and turn into an interior design office. A construction company, perhaps, but why this little company? Why not somewhere else?

Soon, it's time for lunch and like some other days; I decide to go out with Caroline for lunch. So we take our time and ride down the elevator to the lobby. A block away from our tower block, there's a restaurant, placed professionally for people like us who are craving for a good meal after five hours of work.

We choose a seat and order. Caroline orders some salad, but I order a pasta that I've been craving for weeks now.

"So any boyfriend?" Caroline asks out of nowhere. I blush; I don't even know what to answer people's question of my personal life and boyfriend. The truth is I don't know if he's really my boyfriend or just someone...

I just wanted your body; there was never an especial thing about you,

I shake away the thoughts, not in here, not now.

"Well, maybe." I shrug and offer a small smile and look down at my hand knitted into each other on the table. "What about you? Any romance?"

She smiles shyly and tries to not look exciting,

"Um... well, there's someone who I like him. We've been to some dates," and I can tell you are desperately in him.

"Good for you, I like weddings," I tease her and she turns into tomato even redder than it.

The lunch goes smoothly and we decide to go back to OPC. When we enter a man stands in the front of the reception, as known as my desk. He's in his business suit, which means nothing personal but why this time of day.

"How may I help you?" I say and then turn the desk around and put my stuff under the desk and look at him. He looks in his mid forty, but the stress of the work shows something else.

"Sorry for bothering in this time, but I was hoping if I can take some of your time," he puts his hand behind him, the figure shows he has this every day to confront that means a professional businessman who works in fact with lots of people during work.

"Of course," I stand up and ask him to follow me to the conference room.

"My name is Jose Stanford; I'm the CEO of Future Dream, one of the best interior design companies. We have many offices in the country and some out of the country. We heard about you, and I was wondering if you can apply to our programs. We accept a large amount of very intelligent and full of ideas, interior designers and architects. If you would like, you can join us."

What just happened? I've been looking for a job even before my graduation, but there was no reply from them, and now the head of the company is here before me and ask me to join their company.

"That is very considered of you. I would like to," I smile professionally, just like him, but can't ignore the very odd fact here, why me when they have a thousand of best-experienced designers in the states.

"That is very good; I hope you could do it faster." We both stand up at the same time and shake hands. We head to the doors and I usher him to the elevators, but before he can leave I have to ask the wandering question in my mind,

"Were you the one who bought here and was about to turn here to an interior design office?"

He raises an eyebrow and looks taken back at my question, "No, miss. It wasn't me. But perhaps some other interior company," he suggests and with a nod, he steps into the elevator and leaves.

I take a relief sigh and go back to my desk and start to work. The good thing is Ben hasn't noticed my absence at the mean time.

When I reach my apartment, I feel exhausted as hell and I can't even move a muscle. I drop my stuff on the couch and try to relax and that is not possible with a mug of coffee and a bar of my favorite brand of chocolate.

So how am I going to pass this night? Going to a club needs at least a friend with you and you can't possibly go out to a restaurant alone because that seems so creepy. Maybe I should call Alice or Ella and arrange us a girl night. Wait a minute... It was last night when Alice texted me and I declined it, but why?

I jump out of my seat and look at the clock on the wall in shock. Holy cow, it's five thirty and I haven't even gotten shower yet. What should I do now? Andrew is going to be here in thirty minutes and I don't know what I should I do?

I jump hurriedly into the bathroom and just wash my body and hair. I don't even have time to try myself properly. Now that I thought everything is in its place, I stop dead on my spot and stare blankly at my closet. What should I wear? I flip over the hangers and there is no proper dress for me. Less than twenty minutes Andrew is going to be here and I still haven't got dressed.

Since I don't have any dress to wear I have to come down to faux leather and lace peplum scoop neckline top and a skinny red legging that hold to my body very tightly.

I blow dry my hair with the blower and apply some mascara, but I stop when I hear the knock on my front door. Damn it, I knew I can't make it in time. I look like a disaster.

------------------------------------------

what do you think? who is this Amelia really? were they lovers?

comment and let me know...

PS. don't forget to check out The Unnoticed Billionaire... and of course don't forget to vote;D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8M 81.5K 20
Now available on Amazon in ebook and paperback. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B4PK3JQ3 [Sample] As far as Elena Wilson is concerned, Kai Davis destroye...
4.5K 666 68
Book 1 of Affection Series ♡ You were an unexpected surprise, the defining moment. The collision of stars that slammed into me hard and sent my chaot...
124K 6.1K 57
[18+] [Photoframe Series Book #1]🦋 [🎖️The Fiction Awards 2020 winner] It's a new adult love story with a possessive, billionaire hero and scandalou...
63.6K 2.2K 98
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...