Just Hold My Hand

By LilyAvenue

Two best-friends. Now don't run away, these two are special. Andrew and Charlotte have known each other for a... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Andrew
Chapter Two- Charlotte (child)
Chapter Three- Andrew
Chapter Four- Charlotte
Chapter Five- Andrew
Chapter Six- Charlotte
Chapter Seven- Andrew
Chapter Nine- Andrew
Chapter Ten- Charlotte
Chapter Eleven- Andrew
Chapter Twelve- Charlotte
Chapter Thirteen- Andrew
Chapter Fourteen- Charlotte
Chapter Fifteen- Andrew
Chapter Sixteen- Charlotte
Chapter Seventeen- Andrew (special)
Chapter Eighteen- Charlotte (special)
Epilogue - Charlotte

Chapter Eight- Charlotte

13.2K 159 21
By LilyAvenue

Charlotte's P.O.V.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in my room, but it wasn't really my room anymore. It was how my room used to be. When I was young child. I saw my favorite, old stuffed tiger, and my old ballet slippers. I even saw the crayon drawings I made when I was four, and were never removed until I was ten. This was the room of my eight year old self. Suddenly the door opened, and a young girl walked in. I vaguely recognized the girl. She was carrying my doll. My favorite doll. I had the urge to snatch it from her, i loved that doll and i never allowed anyone to touch it.

She walked to the window and looked out. She obviously was unaware of my presence. It was like I was there, but watching from distance. Like a movie. She looked outside at the rainy day, and sighed. It was a sigh, but the sound was exemplified and echoed in my ears. She walked over to her bed and her footsteps were clear and echoed as well. Everything was silent all except for my breathing. Every noise was much louder than it should be. Where was I?

I was starting to recognize this girl, but if was as if my mind was being blocked. I just could not remember no matter how hard I tried. The girl was sitting on her bed, snuggling her doll. It was as if I was her though, I felt my arms a round the doll, I smelled the recognizable sent of the dolls hair, and I could sense the sadness pulsing from her.

Suddenly I felt like I was going to cry. I was fighting tears, but they would not come. The girl began sobbing. It was silent, and she as shaking with tears streaming down her face. I started crying too, feeling all the anguish and pain this girl was feeling. Tears were streaming down my face, and I silently sobbed. I could not make noise though.

Slowly I felt myself fading. I was losing my body and my vision was blurring. I did not want to go, I wanted to comfort the poor crying girl. I wanted to fix what was wrong with her, and dry her tears, to hold her close. I falling away though.

Once I was all gone, I could still see. My perspective was different though. I was crying still, and I was looking at the room from a different angle. I was no longer standing, but on the bed. My bed. I recognized the blue striped comforter, and the tiger that was sitting on the edge. I looked down and realized I was snuggling with my favorite doll. I gasp through my tears in shock, my hand was small and smooth and plump. It had pink nail polish on it, and a small purity ring from my mother.

Suddenly the door burst open. I jumped with surprise, and my doll dropped to the floor. I looked over to the door and my jaw dropped in utter horror. It was my father.

He was in his old business suit, and his face was one of pure rage. He was holding the door knob in one hand, and in the other a belt. This scene was so familiar but also so unknown. It was like reliving something from a different point of view. I was confused and utterly horrified as he approached. I could sense how small I was. I was no longer myself.

He growled and raised his arm with the belt and drew back. I cringed for subconsciously I knew what was coming next. I began to whimper, and the whimper was not mine. I should not be whimpering! I had nothing to fear anymore.

Suddenly the memory flooded back, and I knew who I was. I was not this little fearing girl anymore. I was a woman, a strong, and courageous woman. He could not hurt me anymore. I felt myself changing. I stood off the bed and held my self tall. I felt my self grow, and my father stopped. He watched me with a look of pure bewilderment.

I felt myself stop changing, and I glanced at my vanity. It was me. I looked to my father and spoke.

"You're dead." Those words he had spoken to me countless times before he beat me. I spoke with authority and courage. "You can not hurt me anymore, you are dead." I said it with finality.

He dropped his hand, and a look of grief crossed his face, along with regret. He dropped the belt and fell to his knees. He hung his head and suddenly the unexpected happened.

Through my window out of nowhere, I heard a screech of tires. Then I heard a horn honk, and next thing I knew... A car crashed into my room. It streaked by me and I was blown backwards.

I looked up and saw my father be blown away with the car. They both sort of turned into dust, and as they made contact exploded into a sandstorm of glitter and smoke. Then he was gone, and I was alone in the dark. My room was gone, and so was he.

~~~

I woke with a start. Cold sweat dripping down the entire length of my body. I swiped a hand across my forehead and it was soaked. I was panting for breath and could barely catch it. My head felt light, and I was surging with adrenaline.

That was unreal. I glanced around to my surroundings and realized where I was. I was in Andrews room. The thought of the name shot a surge of an unknown sensation throughout my being. It made me realize I was in the real world. I was alive, and my father was not.

I could now remember what I had forgotten in my dream. The girl, was myself. The room was mine, and the situation was the day I met Andrew, after I had met him. I was so weak and defenceless then. I could do nothing and my father had all the power. That was no longer the case. He was gone, and even if he had come back to get me, I could face him head on.

I breathed deeply and actually smiled to myself in the darkness. I actually smiled. I had no fear anymore, I felt light and free. I felt like climbing a mountain, or running a marathon, or cliff-diving into the ocean. I felt like I could take flight. No fear, and nothing to fear.

I wanted to scream and cry and laugh and smile all at the same time! I was free.

Suddenly had the urge to do something amazing. To take a risk. To be brave. I remembered where I was. I was at Andrew's house in his room. Andrew!

A thought occurred to me. I just went with it, I was just running on adrenaline. I didn't think twice and jumped out of the bed. There was no time to hesitate or over think. I needed to act and be bold about it. I made my resolution and ran for the door. I swung out of the room and went to the stairs. I was smiling and breathing fast. I didn't even think of what I was doing. I just had to do it now.

I walked slowly to the stairs though, suddenly being clamped with anxiety and nerves. Not fear, but I was starting to get my senses back. Not enough to stop and turn back, but my inner self was screaming to stop. I walked slowly down the stairs now, the last drops of adrenaline falling away. I was still resolute though, no turning back now. I held my self up and tried my best to look confident.

I reached the bottom stairs and heard a voice, a familiar voice, but not Andrew's.

I entered the kitchen and saw him, it was James. At the sight of him, I lost all shreds of my resolute decision.

I was not going to tell him. Not now. Probably not ever.

I caught sight of Andrew then and was filled with warmth. He saw me smiling ,and he reflected it. His eyes were sparkling with delight but there was hint of sorrow and frustration. I became puzzled. What was the matter? He continued to smile, but his smile became one of sadness. He also looked a bit peeved. I just smiled, and then spoke to James,

"Hey Jimmy." He turned around in surprise. I must have startled him. He collected himself quickly and then replied with a smirk,

"So sleeping beauty has awoken. Welcome back." He smirked wider and then walked over to embrace me. I hugged him back lightly and pulled away first. I wasn't one for hugging right now. I was still feeling aftershocks of the dream. I was also very disappointed in myself for having such a weak and brittle resolve. I looked to Andrew. He was still smiling, but still had that disturbance in his eyes. He walked over and then spoke,

"Charlotte, I have something I need to tell you." Suddenly my stomach clenched in anticipation.

I nodded and spoke,

"Go ahead." What now?

He sighed and looked pointedly at James. James held up his hands, palms facing us and he shook his head vigorously. Andrew sighed once more and then looked to me, with a face of pure anguish, he grabbed my hand. He tried to smile, but it was obviously forced. I squeezed his hand comfortingly urging him to speak. I was beginning to really get worried now. There were only so many surprises I could take in one day before I broke, what else could have possibly happened on this one in a million Saturday's?

He cleared his throat then and opened his mouth to speak. I just kept holding his hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so there you go! Another chapter! Ya :) I just want to say a big thank-you to all my fans and all my readers! It means the world to me every time you comment and vote and fan! Thank you!

I also wanted to thankyou for helping me get onto the What's Hot List even if it may be a low number, I am still eternally grateful!

AUTHOR"S NOTE:

So at the beginning that was Charlotte's dream. Her resolve after waking up, was to tell Andrew she loved him. It faded though once the fight or flight reaction faded away and she was left wit her senses. Just in case that wasn't clear :)

So next Chapter will be up soon! How will Charlotte react to what's coming? What about Andrew? What was with James's smirk?

We shall see.

Yours always,

Lily Avenue

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 2.2K 43
Ruby just started at her new school and trips into a complicated life, involving her best friend's boyfriend, Matthew. And God, did she try to keep a...
124K 3.8K 72
Losing someone is never easy. Especially if it's your best friend. Being in love with that someone though, makes it even more complicated. * Harry an...
178K 6.3K 29
Charlotte sat there unmoving, tears falling down her cheeks. She could not do anything as she watched her sisters casket go down into the ground. She...
Clueless By Ash:)

Teen Fiction

393K 10.4K 30
He runs up behind you, picking you up and spinning you around. You laugh and blush the whole time. He finally sets you down and kisses your forehead...