Rags to Riches

By FictionalCasualtiez

Teagan Carter was going to wait it out until Oliver Bartholomew, one of the richest men in America, stopped s... More

Part One: Chapter 1
Chapter 2: Billion Dollar Dance
Chapter 3: Take Cover
Chapter 4: The Montage
Chapter 5: Do We Have A Deal?
Chapter 6: The Tale of Erin and Oliver
Chapter 7: Dessert Asile
Chapter 8: Catch Me If You Can
Chapter 9: The Insider
Chapter 10: The One and Only
Part Two: Chapter 11
Chapter 12: Dream Team
Chapter 13: The Ball
Chapter 14: Unlimited Bank Account
Chapter 15: Make Good Decisions
Chapter 16: Dress To Impress
Chapter 17: The Asylum
Chapter 18: Beacon of Hope
Chapter 19: Hypocrites
Chapter 20: Let It Go
Chapter 21: You're Grounded
Chapter 22: Financially Unattractive
Chapter 23: Final Finale
Chapter 24: Handling The Truth
Chapter 25: He Bites The Dust
Part Three: Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Mr. Tall Mysterious and Handsome
Chapter 28: Spring Break
Chapter 29: Focus
Chapter 30: Knight In Shining Armor
Chapter 31: Brotherly Love
Chapter 32: The Price To Pay
Chapter 33: Peace Treaty
Chapter 35: Don't Forget
Epilogue
Author's Note (New Updates)
Interesting Info (updated)

Chapter 34: Kidnapped

8.4K 328 43
By FictionalCasualtiez

The feeling of darkness is one that is familiar to me. Not darkness in the way that when you wake up in the middle of the night in your bedroom. I'm talking about forced darkness. I knew a blindfold was wrapped around my eyes so tightly I couldn't open them. I also knew I couldn't  move my arms or legs because they were tied so tightly to a chair. I couldn't break this chair, not like last time. This chair was metal and if I even attempted to break it, I would end up breaking something else other than the chair.

There was whimpering coming from someone beside me. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to feel comforted that I wasn't alone or more weary. Whoever was next to me could not seem to shut up and I couldn't hear myself think. If I was able to yell at her through the cloth in my mouth I would.

The whimpering stopped as we both heard the footsteps approaching us. There had to be more than one person, which wasn't good. Maybe if they were anything like the idiots I had to deal with last time it would make this easier, but I doubted it.

The footsteps paused right in front of me and the cloth keeping me quiet was suddenly removed from my mouth, but not the blindfold.

"Teagan,"

The moment my name was spoken I knew who it was immediately.

"Julian, seriously? Are we going for a round two, now?" I snap. "Let me go."

His laughter sent chills up my spine and not in the good way. I felt like there were snakes slithering up my back. "Now why would I do that? My friends and I went through all this trouble."

He wanted a reaction so I didn't say anything. I sat there in silence. Besides, Theo had to come for me.

Right?

"Teagan, you're a smart girl. I know as much because an FBI agent came to your house and recruited you. You have potential."

"What I have is a blond and a billionaire." I didn't want to satisfy him. He wants me to ask him how he knew this. Sure, I did want to know. But it's not like that was secret information. He could have casually asked my father and he would have confirmed it.

I hear Julian sigh. "You're not much fun. Where is the rude obnoxious Teagan we all know and love?"

"You tied her up and kidnapped her like a fucking psychopath." I snarl and I hear Julian clap his hands.

"There she is!" He says proudly. "Now. Like I was saying before, you're a smart girl. I need someone with your capabilities on my side."

"You're not seriously asking what I think you're asking," I say.

"Let me finish," Julian snaps. "If you forget Theo and your little blond friend, I can offer you all the money you could ever want. You can live off it for life. All you have to do is get Theo to sign over his father's other company to you somehow. But like I said, you're smart. You can figure it out. He's already in love with you."

I considered this. I mean I really considered this. "If I help you, will you let me go?" I ask.

Julian makes a pleased noise. "Yes, of course. How else will we get Theo over here?"

I only nod. "You said enough money to keep me sustained for the rest of my life?"

"Yes. That and more." He emphasizes.

"Alright. I'll do it." I say and Julian claps his hands once again. "How can I trust you, Teagan? That is my only concern. If I let you go, how do I know that you won't go running for the door?"

"You can trust me because from what I hear you have more guys on me than I have on you. Which means if I run for the door you will shoot me and that means no money for me and no Theo for me either." I say. "Also the fact I'm a teenager and you just offered me a shit ton of money."

Julian laughs with amusement. "That is also true." I feel cold hands touch my face as the blindfold slides down my nose and around my neck. I blink a few times, getting used to the new light. No surprise Alec is here, staring at me with pleased eyes.

Two men work on untying my wrists from the rope restraining me. Once I'm free I stand up and stretch my arms. I wonder how long I've been here for.

Julian walks over to me and holds a gun out to me. I raise an eyebrow, surprised he's so eager to trust me. But then I hear the click of a gun and turn around to see one pointed at me.

"Just in case you try anything," Julian smiles tightly as he hands me the gun.

I take it gingerly as Julian walks over to the other person sitting in the chair. I recognize her black hair almost immediately as Julian deicides to rip the blindfold off. Erin's big eyes adjust and they land straight on me. Her glare is more than a death glare and frightens me just a little bit.

"How could you?" Erin spits.

"Now, now." Julian says as he steps in front of her. "I am going to offer you the same exact thing. If I own both Oliver's and Theo's companies-"

"You may get Theo's but you won't get Oliver's." Erin snarls at him. "Seems like a lot of work to handle two companies."

"That's why I have my son." Julian smirks. "So I'm taking that as a maybe from you?"

"You should take it as a no way in hell." Erin snaps.

"Have it your way," Julian sighs and motions for me to come over to them. "You will try and convince your friend here to join us. Hopefully she will make the right decision." Julian cuts Erin a look before something in his pocket starts to ring. He picks up the phone and presses it to his ear. "Oliver! Just in time,"

There is yelling coming from the other side of the phone that I couldn't make out. "Well," Julian responds. "You won't be able to find them. I made sure of that. Are you outside like I asked?" More yelling. "Wonderful! I'll meet you there. Is Theo present with you as well?" a response. "Great. I'll meet you out front. I just need to gather the paperwork." He says like a giddy teenage boy who touched a boob for the first time.

"Teagan, Alec," Julian looks over at us. "Stay here. I'm going to get the paperwork and meet Oliver and Theo back outside."

"Yes, father." Alec nods stiffly like a robot. Who knows, he probably is one. Julian leaves with his mini army of men and it's just me, Alec and Erin in the room.

"How could you?" Erin hisses at me, the hurt from my betrayal shining in her eyes. "I know you hate me now, okay? But Oliver said his little brother was in love with you. How could you do this to him? Hasn't he been through enough-"

"Erin, shut up." I say flatly. "You know nothing about Theo so stop pretending like you do."

"As much as I would love to see a cat fight," Alec says. "We need you, Erin. How could you pass up all the money in the world?"

"Because Oliver is already giving that to me, moron." Erin glares at Alec. "And besides, I don't even care about the money. I would never hurt him. I love him."

Alec sighs loudly and I shift closer to him.

"Erin, I knew you were stupid but I didn't think you were this stupid. Oliver is just using you. I can't believe you actually thinks he cares about you." Alec huffs.

"Actually," I interject and Alec gives me a weird look. "He isn't using her. But you're using me. Right now. You're going to kill me the second those papers are signed."

Alec's face pales as he goes to reach for his gun. He was fast with it, but I was faster. I grab his wrist and twist it so the gun falls to the floor. He screams in pain and I level my gaze with his. "That's for kidnapping me," I take the gun I'm using and slam him in the head with the butt. "And that's for drugging me you asshole," I say as he collapses to the ground, holding his head in agony.

"Teagan..." Erin trails off and I run over to the ropes tying her to the chair. "What are you doing?"

"I'm letting you go." I look up at her as I untie the ropes around her ankles. "Run and find Oliver and Theo. You don't have much time before Julian gets to them before you do. Go down that hall over there and there should be a back door. I've been here before."

Erin shakes her head as she continues to stare at me. "Why won't you come with me? What's the difference?"

Alec starts to push himself up but I pull out my gun and point it at him. He freezes and stares at me with his body strung tight and fear flashing across his features. "Julian will call in to check on us and we can't have Alec telling him to rush back here and finding out we left. He'll kill me and you. Just tell Oliver and Theo and hide from him afterward. He can't know you escaped."

Erin remains frozen and I glare at her. "Now!" I snap and she takes off running toward the exit like the bats of hell are chasing her.

"You're not going to get away with-" Alec starts to say but I cut him off.

"I already have."

"Trained men in combat versus two spoiled brats and their teenage girlfriends? I don't think this battle is looking up in your favor."

I roll my eyes and look down at him. "Who says this is a battle?"

I was so focused on Alec I almost didn't notice the footsteps coming in our direction. I fell to my knees and pressed the gun to Alec's head as two of Julian's men enter through the doors. They stop immediately and aim their guns at me. Maybe these were the idiots form last time.

"I'll shoot him." I say, my voice unwavering. "If you come any closer."

I wasn't going to shoot him. I couldn't kill someone, it was simple logic. I just hoped they wouldn't figure that out.

I jerk Alec off the ground and walk backward toward the other exit Erin ran out of. If I could get to there maybe I had a chance of escaping.

What I wasn't expecting to happen was Alec fighting back. I was stupid to think Alec didn't have some training when it came to the game his dad was playing. Alec gains the upper hand as he kicks my injured knee and I fall to the ground.

"I thought you would try something like this." Alec snarls as he swipes my gun and points it at me. "But I can't kill you. Not yet."

"You're crazy." I simply say.

Everything happened so suddenly I thought it was my imagination.

"FBI! Get on the ground!" A familiar british accent radiates through the building. I almost cried with relief.

I look behind me to see not just Sebastian but several other men. They were all with the FBI I'm assuming. The only question that popped into my mind was that I wasn't aware that this was FBI business.

Alec drops to the ground afraid, because he was outnumbered. That was a smart move on his part, but the other two men continued to shoot at the men marching toward them. The two men run out the door while two agents follow them.

"Teagan," Sebastian runs over to me and holds out a hand. "Are you alright?"

I take his hand and push myself to stand up. Nothing I couldn't handle. "I'm fine."

"Teagan?" I hear Theo's voice call out to me in all the chaos.

"Theo," I sigh with relief as I run over to him. I sort of stumble because of my knee but he met me halfway so I didn't have to go too far. He grips my shoulders before studying me closely. When he's satisfied he pulls me in for a hug.

"I was so worried about you. Do you know how horrible that was? Watching Erin run out to my brother and you not being with her?"

"I know and I'm sorry. But I had to." I say as I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I'm just glad you're okay." Theo whispers in my ear and we stay together, just like that, for however long. I wasn't sure, because who was keeping the time?

"Search the building." I hear Sebastian order. "We must find Julian. I'm not losing him again."

I pull back and look up at Theo. "Why are they here in the first place?"

"Because I called them." Theo says bluntly. "Apparently they have been after Julian for a while, but it was hard to convict him for crimes that... Disappeared. I'm not really sure myself."

"That's okay." I say with a small laugh. "That's completely okay." I went to kiss him, but we were interrupted.

"YOU!"

Everyone freezes before we all look toward the exit where the FBI agents entered. Julian was standing near the opening, his gun pointed directly at me.

"You ruined everything! I could have been one of the richest men in the world!" Julian cries, a crazy look in his eyes. He looked like a lunatic.

"Put the gun down, Julian." Sebastian snarls. "What damage can you possibly cause with all of us against you?"

"This." He snaps as he pulls the trigger.

I stood frozen in my spot, the terrorizing fear of being shot taking over my mind. The terrorizing fear of death. This all happened in a matter of seconds so it took time for me to process. I thought I would feel pain, maybe fall to the ground and pass out.

But I didn't.

I felt nothing. I was still standing up, unharmed. I thought it was a miracle, that maybe Julian had missed.

Sebastian tackled Julian and pinned him to the ground, but that didn't matter to me. I finally realized what really happened. Where that bullet had really gone.

"Theo." I cry as I fall to my knees. He was lying on the cold ground, staring off into the abyss. "Theo, please," I grab his face and direct it toward me. "Please look at me."

Theo blinks a few times as he gives me a lazy smile. "I always seem to be saving you. I don't mind it much though."

"Why would you do that?!" I practically scream, removing my hands from his face and gently placing his head to the ground. I began to press my hands to the wound. I knew you had to keep pressure to stop the bleeding, but he was shot right in the stomach. How was I supposed to save him from something like that?

"Because I love you." He says simply, his eyes fluttering closed.

"Please," I whisper, silent tears pouring down my face. In the distance I hear sirens and press harder. He grunts slightly but I take that as a sign that he's still alive.

So he better stay that way.

****

OMG I am so sorry for taking so long to update! You guys are the best for tolerating me XD The next chapter is the last chapter but I will make an epilogue I will most likely post them on the same day or at most post the epilogue a day after.

I'm sorry got being annoying and not updating, but I promise to be netter next time! I also entered this story for the Wattys because why not

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 17.5K 37
Raven Collins has an enemy: her best friend's twin brother. The only problem? That very same twin brother blames Raven for his twin's death, as well...
406K 14.2K 52
Ivy knows it's time to return to her childhood seaside town to battle the demons of her past. Two years away from her friends, family and the beloved...
28.5K 960 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
41 0 19
Adeline Carrington had it all figured out. At 20 years old, she had finally saved up enough money to move to London, England. She believed in taking...