Bought at a price #SYTYCW15 #...

By JanVanEngen

Bought at a price - Presents - sytycw15 Betrayal - lies - falling in love with the wrong man - friendships... More

Part one - 100 word pitch
Part two - Chapter One
Part three - Chapter two
Part four - Chapter Three
Part Five - Chapter Four
Part Six - Chapter Five
Part Seven - Chapter Six
Part Eight - Chapter Seven
Part Nine- Chapter Eight
Part Ten - Chapter Nine
Part Eleven - Chapter Ten
Part Twelve - Chapter Eleven
Part Thirteen - Chapter Twelve
Alternate ending- due to word count I had to get rid of a lot

Part Fourteen - Epilogue

18.1K 811 87
By JanVanEngen

Settling back in London, Betty run the household like a well oiled machine leaving Sara to help Sayyid in the business, now she had finished all her courses, though not her degree. They bought an apartment below their penthouse to have Betty move in to have her own freedom to come and go as she pleased. Sara always travelled with her husband on their private plane. It had never been about wealth. It had been about people. First Cherry now Sayyid. She had used anger, blaming her mother for the loss of her privilege life to hide her real pain. The loss of her best friend Cherry Stafford who had been a little girl just like her. Everyday she told her husband how much she loved him. Rang her mother everyday to do the same as well as Cherry, just to let them know how much she loved them. It was a privilege to have them in her life. She was only getting to know her father.

Sayyid tried to spoil her rotten only to be smothered in kisses and told him that all she ever wanted was his kisses. Only his kisses and she was bought by his kisses. He just laughed and told her she would always be his sweetheart. Explained a lot. Seated in his lap, running fingers through his hair, she kissed him slowly taking her time. Moaning as his hands roamed freely over her curves.

They had another four hours before they arrived in the Middle East. There would be no public kissing or any affection shown, so she was going to enjoy this. Only to moan loudly in protest as his phone rang to be found. Lips parted to drop her head onto his shoulder and planted kisses on his neck until he disconnected.

"So tell me again why we're going to the Middle east. Oh, oh, let me guess, your big secret," she waved a hand in front of him, beaming with mischief. "You're a long lost prince. Your mother a princess who was thrown into exile, and going back to take reign of your rightful place as ruler of some country. Ta-da!" Shaking his head Sayyid replaced his phone. "Sayyid?" she looked up him "It's not true, is it?" she asked astonished. She had been joking. "Honey?"

He released a long sigh. "Yes, my mother is a princess. She wasn't exiled, though it was suggested to move to London with her new husband, who wasn't a royal prince, just a Lord." Sara's mouth dropped open in shock, then stiffened at the high handiness of it. "Believe me sweetheart, she was happier. Her family visited her often. Just some didn't agree with the arrangement. There would've been tension. She didn't want to live as a princess and had much more freedom as a Lady."

Sighing, Sara rested her head back on his shoulder. "It seemed you have had this conversation before with your mum."

"Over the years, anyway, the family wants me to join them in the business. Building bridges, and desperately need help with their finances. They're struggling. Which would means a new move. I wasn't going to say anything until you had seen the place and got your thoughts," she pressed her fingers against his lips.

"Honey I'm sure I will love our new home," she smiled already knowing what was ahead of them. A new life and a new beginning. "Does this make me?"

He nodded.

"Oh!"

Two and half months After The First Visit.

The morning were the best before the heat rose to unbearable heights to walk through the gardens of Eden as she called it. One of many in the Palace but this one her favourite. Wild and free, mostly of native trees, waterfalls, and nesting birds. Never in a million years did she expect to live in a palace in the Middle East. Her mother now running her own housekeeping business in Australia. She went back home after they had left.

"Your highness." Sara stopped and turned to be rushed over by an attendant.

"Salman," she smiled. "You know, you don't have to call me that in private, call me Sara or..."

"Mistress?" he offered to her horror.

She smiled. "Just don't tell my hubby." To be frowned at. "No, so sorry, meant nothing, whatever you feel comfortable with. Now what's so important?" That had you running down here arms flapping that she didn't add.

He held out a cordless phone. "Your mother is on the line for you."

"Thank you Salman," she took hold of the phone. "Hi mum."

"Highness? I'll never get used to that," Betty laughed with delight. She was so much happier now. "My daughter's a princess."

"Well, you have to blame Sayyid for that, he didn't tell me."

"Never, not my wonderful son."

"Mum," she moaned. "I know, I know. Sayyid can't do anything wrong, so when are you arriving."

"Ah, about that."

"Mum, you promised," Sara wailed, blinking back disappointed tears.

"Look around," she spun around to see her mother on the balcony waving at her. Happy tears rolled down her cheeks, then Sayyid was at her mother's side taking control of the phone.

"Coffee and biscuits in the gardens?"

"Yes, my darling." Closing down the phone to hand back the phone to Salman. "Coffee and biscuits in the garden. I'll have my usual."

"Of course, your highness," Salman rushed off to do her bidding as Sara worked her way up to their private garden setting on high ground in front of the build in pool over looking the Arabian Gulf. Many hours she had spend there with her husband and his new founded family.

Sayyid and Betty were already seated waiting for her. He stood to take out a chair for her to kiss him before she took the offered seat then hugged her mother. "You're early."

"I finished early," her mother smiled back. She had been flown in on Sayyid's personal plane. Just waiting until she called when she was ready to leave. "We couldn't waste all that space either," she added to have Sara frowning, confused, to look behind her as her mother pointed in that direction. Leaping to her feet at the sight of her father and Cherry standing behind them. Sara rushed across to throw her arms around them, hugging.

"Sara," Sayyid warned softly.

"I know," she waved his worry away to guide them to join them at the table. Removed the phone to organise more coffee and biscuits as she she settled on Sayyid's lap giving up her seat to Cherry. "This is a nice surprise, so what's going on?"

"A wedding," Sayyid answered.

"What?' she gasped looking at her mother then her father. "Really?" she asked excited. Her mother nodded to have Sara practically bouncing on Sayyid's lap to have arms go around her to calm her down. She turned to him throwing her arms around him. "You did this."

He laughed. "No sweetheart, they loved each other."

"No, not that, all this."

He just smiled. "They thought it would be nice to be married here in the Palace before going back to Australia." 'Oh' she mouthed then frowned. What happened to the other Mrs Stafford? Her mother would never marry her father while she was still around to have her eyes opened. That only meant one thing to feel sorry for her, but perhaps better off.

"I'm so sorry," she offered her father and Cherry. No matter what she was still their mother and wife. She didn't ask what happened, she didn't need to know, only that her mother was truly happy by the glow in her face.

Feeling light headed she reached for Sayyid's who swore as he swung her up into his arms and carried her inside to have a worried family following behind. "I told you take it easy," he scolded to place her on a sofa, snapping orders to soon have water to sip from.

"Sayyid," she warned softly. "You're scaring the family when there is no need. He does fuss so, only because I'm pregnant." She placed a loving hand on her still flat stomach.

Sayyid sighed at the gasps behind them then shrieks of delight to have a grinning wife who shrugged. "You just have to do it, didn't you?" he sat down at her side brushing hair from her yellowish tinged face from morning sickness.

"Does that make me a half Aunt or a full one?" Cherry asked smiling.

"A full one, you ninny." Sara stated placing her free hand onto her husband's chest after he placed down her glass on a nearby table, held by his caressing caring gaze.

"This is wonderful news," Betty beamed the looked across to her future husband. "Maybe we should have the wedding somewhere else."

"What!" Sara squawked.

"No, we will have it here. Sara can't travel at this time and needs to calm down." Sara sunk down into the cushion under her husbands warning glare.

"Fine, we will go ahead with it."

Three days later Sara's parents were married in the Palace that now was her new home, wearing traditional Arabian designed clothes at her husband's side watching proudly. Cherry also at her side to have a lovely feast of traditional foods of the country, belly dancing, traditional beating drums. Her parents left to go on their honeymoon while Cherry stayed with them only to be picked up on the way through back to Australia. Watching the car leave until out of sight, Sara turned to be guided inside by her husband. "You know honey we never did go on that honeymoon," she pointed out.

"I thought we had that in Spain." She smiled. Perhaps they did. "Are you up to a small trip?" he asked catching her gaze. Her morning sickness easing. She was hardly effected to nod. Pleased, he guided her to a waiting car, cases already packed and headed to the mariner where she had the first glimpse of his white gleaming super yacht to go cruising for a month to the Mediterranean sea and back. Even visited the hotel Sayyid had bought her that was a lot more romantic and all Spanish. In style, cuisine, and entertainment to stay a couple of nights to enjoy the very sultry bedroom bringing it all back their first visit. Sara thought it was the most perfect honeymoon. 

Now back home standing on the balcony of their bedroom she warmed all over as familiar arms went around her waist and leaned back against her husband as the large orange blazing sun sunk in the horizon over the Persian Gulf. A gentle breeze brushed against them. Their whole life was spread in front of them and they had each other. One kiss, one ring, one love.

The end

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 17.3K 68
Sequeal of 'Home To You' can be read stand alone. ©️All Right Sereved by me @deliciouspeach__ (writer_maira)©️ 25 years have passed and everything i...
1K 220 23
I loved him so much that I overlooked what he actually was, what he was capable of doing. Family was never the problem, it was always him. You fall f...
1.1M 43.7K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...
53.4K 1.4K 42
She had her own apartment, her own job, and her own life. Nothing to drag her down. Everything was perfect. Her abusive parents weren't in the pictur...