His, Only His

Od lostadventure

Harry Hart, always the gentleman, knew when and how to point out that she needed to keep her emotions and hor... Viac

1. Gone
3. Months

2. Relieved

722 14 0
Od lostadventure

2

I woke up to birds chirping outside my window. I smiled brightly and hopped out of bed after stretching, hitting up my closet. Inside was multiple beautiful dresses my father had tailors make for me.

"Only the best for my little girl," he had said when he showed me the renovated closet. He had also kissed my cheek as a way of goodbye to allow me to explore the rest of the house.

I smiled at the memory and dug below the dresses for my favorite pair of black denim shorts. I grabbed them and headed to the bathroom to shower. After the refreshing shower, I slipped on my undergarments and pulled on my shorts. I also threw on a plaid top with lace shoulders, and my hamsas choker. After that, I slipped on my red converse.

Where I was headed, nobody would have known that I lived in the lakeside house on the far part of town. No, nobody in the center of town would have guessed that the bubbly child who always wore a dress would be the teenaged girl who dressed in denim shorts and Converse.

Of course, I wouldn't know my schedule was fated to match up with the one and only Harry Hart's. No, I, Clarissa Waters, was more aware of how to sneak out of the house without Dad waking up than my fated plans for the day.

And so, just like my surname, I snuck out of the house like a silent body of water flowing calmly down a riverbed. It was quick and easy, and not only that, but I had managed to nab my father's wallet while I was at it. Today was definitely going to be fun.

With that thought in mind, I skipped into town, happily prepared for wherever the winds of chance would take me today.

---

I entered the tea shoppe, ordering a cuppa and taking a window seat by myself. I sipped the drink and read the pamphlets that were left on the table. It wasn't until a group of rowdy teenage boys walked inside that my peace was disturbed.

They knew this was my hang out space. My space for peace and quiet away from home. And they infiltrated it.

I continued to drink as they stood in the aisle, mocking me and laughing. When I had finished, I tipped the waitress, and started walking towards the door. The group of boys followed me.

"Let's finish this outside, yeah?" I smirked, barely looking over my shoulder to even glance at the boys trailing behind me. I heard them laughing and exit the shoppe as well. I walked down the street a bit until we reached the corner. That was when one of them wrapped their arms around my waist and pulled me to their chest, whispering in my ear.

I had grown up with these boys in elementary school, so it wasn't like I didn't know them; I did. I just wasn't a fan of theirs.

"C'mon darling, why don't I take you out to dinner tonight? I'm sure I could treat you right," the one holding me smirked as he tried to nibble on my earlobe. I grimaced and pushed him off me.

"Josh, no. Seriously, not now, not ever." I glared at the boy.

"Aw, c'mon babe. What's just one night with me?" Josh asked, gesturing to himself, arms wide, and his ever present smirk on his stupid smug little face.

"A night of hell. And besides, the lamppost beside you would treat any girl better than you ever could. It also has more uses in it's life," I smirked, a hand on my hip.

"C'mon Josh! Stop standing around! Just grab her and go!" One of the group members yelled. His other friends cheered him on.

I rolled my eyes as Josh advanced towards me, burning under pressure. The first thing I did was grabbed his balls and squeezed them- hard. I then punched him, breaking his nose and gave the final blow, yet again injuring him where the sun does not shine- I kicked him in the crotch.

Josh fell to his knees and then face first to the ground, his voice a couple octaves higher than usual when he spoke. His friends immediately came forward to defend him on his command, and the largest one grabbed me, putting my arms together behind my back.

When I thought I was through and that they were going to do things unimaginable, a smooth English voice spoke behind us.
"I believe the lady said to leave her alone."

That was the only few seconds of distraction that I needed. I bent my knee and kicked my foot backwards, knocking the boy holding me to the ground. The others noticed and turned from the man with the English accent to face me again.

They began to attack once more and I sighed, punching and kicking left and right. One even pulled out a lighter, but I kicked it out of his hands, punched him in the gut, and drop-kicked his head, sending him flying a few feet away.

When they were all laying on the ground, groaning, I knew my job was done. I smiled slightly to myself and brushed my hands off, clearing away the dirt and grime. When I looked up, there stood English Accent, the man who gave me distraction time.

I smiled brightly and walked over to him. "Thank you so very much for that bit of distraction. It was just what I needed."

"O'course, love. I was going to step in, but you handled that beautifully, I must say." The man smiled at her.

"Name's Ce Ce. Ce Ce Waters. What's yours?"

The man gave me a slight smile. "That's classified information, my dear."

"Aw, c'mon. I can't keep calling you 'English Accent' for the rest of my life, now can I?" I smirked slightly.

He chuckled. "No, I suppose not. In most cases, I would not give out my name, but to you I shall. The name is Harry Hart." He held out his hand and I shook it.

"So what's a handsome English fellow like you doing in Small Town USA?" I asked curiously as we began to walk toward the tea shoppe that I had just come from. We took the same seats as I had before as I waited for Harry's answer.

"I was sent here for a bit of adventure," he smirked slightly. And damn, did that smirk look good on him.

"Do you travel a lot for more of these adventures?" I questioned as a cup of green tea was brought to me.

Harry nodded. "I do. It's for my work."

And he stopped there, not giving away any more information. Just stopped and took a sip of tea. I gave him a curious look but he didn't give me an answer.

"Would you mind if I asked you a question instead?" Harry asked politely. Such a gentleman.

"I believe you just did," I smirked, taking another sip of my tea.

Harry chuckled. "You know what I mean."

"Yes, I do. And sure, ask away." I smiled brightly.

"What's such a refined woman like you doing out on the streets of this town?" He seemed absolutely curious.

My gaze quickly scanned who was around before answering. "I have no idea what you mean," I told him, lying and feigning confusion.

Harry gave me a sly smile. "Yes you do, my dear. Now please, you asked and I answered. I believe it is time for you to return the favor."

I sighed and nodded. "I just wanted to have some fun, spend the day in the center of town. With the rustling and the bustling-" I sighed happily. "It gets a bit boring back home sometimes. Some days I just prefer the rush of a wide-awake town."

Harry nodded understandingly. "I get it, I truly do. The adventure is what I live for."

He smiled and I smiled back. Suddenly his watch began to beep.

"You have to go," my smile dropping slightly, saddened that he had to leave.

"I'm afraid so, my dear. It was lovely to meet you." He took my hand and kissed my knuckles, looking up at me. I blushed slightly and he stood to leave.

"Wait!" My arms flew out and I grabbed his wrist. "Will I ever see you again?"

He smiled sadly. "Not likely, love." My heart fell. "But that doesn't mean never." He smirked at me and I let him leave this time, watching him go.

I sighed and sipped my tea, thinking about him.

---

Dad's work was hosting a gala, and I was being forced to attend. Being his daughter meant that I had to attend every work party- this being one of them.

There was a knock on my bedroom door.
"Ce Ce, are you ready to go?" Dad stuck his head into my room.

I smiled at him, looking at his reflection in my full length mirror. "Yes, Dad. Just one more touch and then we can go." I smiled as I put a little lipstick on, finishing off my makeup.

Dad smiled brightly at me, held out his arm, and we walked out to the car. Otis- Dad's driver- drove to the gala.

When we got there, the place was crawling with business men and women, daughters and sons of employees, and all potential or current business partners to the company.

I smiled as Dad walked in, grabbed a drink, and headed to the stage to greet everyone. He made his little speech quickly. "Oh! And one more thing. I'd also like to introduce my loving daughter Clarissa who joined me here tonight. My pride and joy and the one who keeps me going. Without her, none of this would be possible." Dad smiled at me and I stood up, waving to the crowd. There was applause and a few whistles from some of the male audience members my age.

"Speech, speech, speech, speech," people chanted and I chuckled, walking over to my dad and taking the microphone from him.

"Thank you Daddy, that was very sweet of you to say. I love you too," I smiled brightly at my father before looking out at the crowd of people. "Honestly, it is such an honor to be in front of you today. My father has worked incredibly hard on everything he has done this past year for the company and we are so very glad that you could all join us to celebrate yet another fantastic and progressive year. So sit back, have a few drinks, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves tonight. It's a celebration!" I smiled brightly and someone took the mic away, returning it to the DJ.

There was applause and then the music started up. It wasn't fast paced, nor super modern, but more of a classical playlist.

Well into the night, I was standing at the bar, getting another non-alcoholic Shirley Temple when I heard a familiar voice ring through my ears.

"Hello, love. I certainly didn't expect you to be here tonight." The English accent gave it away.

"Harry!" I exclaimed immediately, turning around to face him.

He smiled at me. "Yes. I had no idea your father was Victor Waters. Although, your last name should have given it away."

I giggled slightly. "That's usually the first thing that happens."

"And why, might I ask, are you not on the ballroom floor, dancing with some lad who desperately wants to?" The corners of Harry's lips turned slightly upwards into a smirk.

"Because none of them have come to ask me. Also that I don't really like the spotlight. And if I were to go out there, it sure as hell would be the Ce Ce and Random Guy Show."

Harry chuckled. "Are you sure about that?"

"About 99.9% sure," I told him, smiling.

Harry shook his head. "And what if you were wrong?" I shrugged. "A bet then. If I am right and that the spotlight won't be focused on you, then you agree to go out for tea with me."

Whoa. Was Harry Hart flirting with me? I think my heart just swelled so much that it burst.

I smirked, composing my thoughts. "And if I'm right, we go to the pub next door and have a grand old time."

Harry chuckled at my imitation of him. "Agreed." Harry set down his drink on the counter and smiled at me, holding out his hand. "May I have this dance m'lady?"

I giggled and nodded, placing a hand in his as he pulled me out to the dance floor. The song changed to a perfect slow dance and Harry put one hand on my waist, the other still holding my hand, and I put a hand on his shoulder as we began to dance.

We spun around the ballroom together, all eyes on us. I was totally and completely right. Though nobody else decided they would join us on the dance floor, it wasn't awkward.

Harry kept subtly moving his arm further around my waist. I noticed it, but I didn't say a word about it.

When the music began to end, Harry elegantly spun me and dipped me just as the final note hit.

"Shit," I breathed, smiling brightly, my chest rising and falling quickly as I tried to catch my breath. "You're an amazing dancer, Harry."

Harry smiled kindly. "As are you, Ce Ce. And now I believe we shall be going next door, yes?" He smirked slightly.

I chuckled a bit. "No. I think it'd be more fun to stay here. Besides, I was joking. I can't legally drink yet," I mumbled the last sentence, afraid of Harry's reaction.

He was obviously older than me, only by a few years though. He had to be around 25-ish.

I looked up to catch his expression but he was only mildly surprised. He tried to cover it up with a smile. "Tea tomorrow it is then."

I laughed. "Sure thing, Harry. Anywhere with you."

---

I met up with Harry at the tea shoppe again. I was dressed in a black skater skirt, a dark grey tank tucked into the skirt and a plaid shirt tied around my waist. I wore my red converse yet again. They seemed to be my good luck charm.

We chatted for hours about anything and everything. It was blissful. Josh's crew didn't even come over and mock us. It really was great. I was already loving having Harry around.

It was late into the night when he drove me home and then walked me to my front door.

"Thank you for everything during the past two days, Harry. It's been really spectacular having you around," I smiled at him.

"O'course, love. And you know that if you ever need anything, just call me. Tell the operator 'Oxfords not Brogues' and they'll let me know it's you. I may not speak with you, but I'll be notified, okay?" He held the ring out in his hand and I smiled, taking it from him and slipping it on.

"Words to live by," I mumbled, laughing a bit. Harry chuckled. "This is going to be the last time I'll see you for a while, isn't it?" I looked up at him sadly.

He nodded solemnly. "But I'll always be here with you. And you have my number."

I sighed and looked at the floor. "Just-just don't forget me, Harry. I know that sounds cliche and cheesy, but bloody hell-" I couldn't even finish my own thoughts as I twiddled with my fingers.

Harry lifted my head to make me look at him, two fingers underneath my chin. "Sh, love. No need to even worry about that. I could never forget you." He kissed my forehead. "Goodnight, Ce Ce."

"See you later, Harry." I whispered, hugging him tightly. Harry hugged me back.

Before I headed inside, I kissed his cheek. When I turned around to close the door behind me, I swear I saw the brightest blush on his cheeks.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

9.7K 123 10
Harry knew he shouldn't. He was older, and she was his daughter's best friend. It's certain disaster, written in the stars to cause a stir that none...
Unexpected Royal Heir Od kazzygirl1

Tínedžerská beletria

720K 24.3K 32
Princess Lilyanne Blythe sneaks out to a party and has a one night stand. Assuming that was in the past, that one night stand stranger ends up living...
14.3M 246K 99
***WARNING: OF VIOLENT AND SEXUAL NATURE*** ***THIS BOOK IS UNDER EDITING. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS WHILE READING, THANK YOU** ❝I think violence in a cin...
110K 2K 53
Isaac Newton's Third Law of Physics: "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" Opposites attract. You cannot touched without being t...