My Nine Guardians

By PacificLove10

Sang Sorenson is an average girl. She gets good grades, has a cookie-cutter family, and regularly participat... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
A/N - Adoption?
A/N - Adopted!

Chapter One

14.8K 494 77
By PacificLove10

Hi, Wattpadians!!

This is my first story, so please don't be too hard on it, although I am definitely open to criticism.

If you hate it, just don't read it. :P

Good reading!

P.S. Don't forget to drop a comment or vote!! It means the world. :) xoxo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEEP!! BEEP!!! BEEP!!

'Ughhh...', I groaned.

As I slowly squinted my eyes open, I looked over at the alarm clock.It was 6:00 in the morning. 'Too early...', I mumbled, slowly sliding out of bed and sitting up to slip on my slippers.

I got up, and walked towards the bathroom to splash my face with cool water. After I was finished, I grabbed a towel and dried my face off. I looked at myself in the mirror, cataloging my features.Green eyes, check. Straight, blond hair, check. Unremarkable features? Check.

I brushed my teeth, then grabbed my foundation, and brushing a light layer all over my face. Then I took my mascara and applied a few swipes, just to my upper lashes. I typically didn't wear a lot of makeup, especially just on school days. I walked over to my closet and pulled on some black, plain lacy underwear.

It was fall, so the weather was somewhat cool. I grabbed a pair of ripped, patched light-wash jeans, a black camisole, a white t-shirt over that, and finally my black leather jacket. I usually wore my black leather jacket every day, even when it was hot out - it was kind of like a security blanket of sorts.

One last time, I glanced in the mirror to see a petite blond girl staring back at me.

I wonder people see when they look at me.., I thought.

All I saw was a girl with moderate height issues (I was only 5'3), a small nose, and large, green eyes peering back at me from the mirror.

'SANG!!! HURRY UP!!', my mom yelled, breaking me out of my reverie.

I jumped in surprise, and then jogged out of my small room, heading towards the stairs.

Our house was an average-sized home, with two stories and a small attic space just above my room.

When I was little, I would always love to hide up there and pretend I was in a different universe, without my clashing parents and feelings of overwhelming loneliness.

You see, I am an only child.

My parents have always been somewhat distant from me and each other, always making me want to please them to get rewarded with even a little of their time and praise. So, when I was little, I spent my time on a whole number of activities - karate, Krav Maga, piano, cheerleading, various sports, languages - to try and please them.

This work, however, resulted in me being quite a lonely child, never having enough time to make friends.

My parents never seemed to get closer to me. In fact, as I grew older, they seemed to get even farther away. This past year, I realized that whatever I did, I couldn't please them more. I decided that I would learn these things, not for my parents, but for myself. I would become smart and strong, and wouldn't give up, no matter how lonely I am.

I walked downstairs, and into the kitchen.

My mother was just grabbing her purse and slipping on the heels to go with her business suit.

'Have a good day at school, I will be back around 6:00. Don't call unless it's an emergency, I am busy,' she called out, without looking back. 'Ok!', I called weakly after her.

I heard the front door slam, and walked over to the kitchen cabinet to grab one of the granola bars lying in it.

I wasn't very hungry, so I just slipped it into my book bag for later with a bottle of water.I glanced at the clock - it was 7:00. The bus would be here pretty soon.

I walked out of my house, waiting at the bus stop for the bus which would bring me to the place of hell I called Ashley Waters High School.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 9K 51
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
1.4M 97K 24
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
39.1K 1.7K 12
Five immortal males. One heir to the Glass Throne. One huge secret. It should have been as simple as Kira laying low and not drawing attention to h...
544K 17.6K 158
Genre: Space, Doting, Farming, Time travel, Healing Synopsis: Xu Linyue from the 21st century crossing over with the heavenly space soul penetration...