The Best Days - c.h

By daywefellinlove

& that’s the saddest part, one falls & the other doesn’t catch. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
heyyyyy...whoops
oops still
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 11

679 22 13
By daywefellinlove

"You should have gone to bed, Ava."

Ava's P.O.V

"Did you hear the plan?" Luke asked me as I was sitting with Marcy & Claire. We were helping dye Marcy's roots since she isn't a natural brunette & it was time to touch up.

"No." I looked up at him. "What plan?"

"Tonight is a guys night. The four of us are checking out a club so you three can have like girl time or whatever."

"Girl time? Thanks Luke." Claire just laughed at him. "Do you want us to watch romantic movies, paint our nails & braid each others hair?"

"Yea. That is what I assume girl time is like."

"Got it Luke, thanks." I spoke as we all rolled our eyes at him. "I'll start thinking of rom coms now."

I was done with Marcy's hair so I set the timer before the three of us did decide what movies we wanted to watch tonight. Luke wasn't totally wrong with his idea of a girls night.

-

"Do I look okay?" Ashton was looking in the mirror in our room.

"Yes. That is the perfect black t-shirt & black jean combo that you own."

"Thanks Aves. I think I look good too."

"Then that's all that matters, bud."

Once Ashton was done getting ready, the four guys met downstairs & then they got into the taxi that they had called.

Us three girls gave them the whole be safe/behave talk but let's be real, those four out by themselves is always a show so I was only expecting chaos & I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Alright." Claire clapped her hands. "I'll go grab the movies, Ava get the popcorn & Marcy find the wine?"

"You got it, captain." Marcy joked before she & I went into the kitchen.

I already had popcorn on the stove popped & Marcy grabbed a bottle of sweet wine from the refrigerator, also grabbing three glasses.

We met Claire over in front of the t.v. I cuddled up on the big chair, with a lot of blankets so I didn't feel alone, as Claire & Marcy sat together on the couch, looking all cute & cuddly.

If I had to be a third wheel, I always preferred it to be with these two because they never overdid the P.D.A in front of others. It was nice.

We started with The Notebook & followed that up with Safe Haven but Marcy started to doze off before we even began The Last Song. Every time I watched this movie, I would only think of the moment I realized my feelings for Calum. The moment he wiped my tears as he held me in his hands. The moment it all changed.

"I'm sorry." Marcy sat up. "I don't think I can last another movie."

"Okay baby. It's alright."

"I'll see you upstairs & goodnight Aves."

"Night Mar." & then I watched Claire watch Marcy get up & I knew that if that was Calum going up to bed, I'd want to be there with him. "Hey Claire? Go with her."

"What?"

"Yea. I'm tired too. Who knows if I'll last another movie. Why don't you just go up to bed with her."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep. I know you don't have too many days before you're apart for uni so go."

"Okay. We'll watch this another night, alright?"

"Definitely. Not a problem."

Once alone, I decided against watching The Last Song & likely crying by myself so I just turned on t.v as I watched Friends reruns.

I had a little bit of a mom piece in me so I wanted to make sure the boys made it home safe anyways. I decided to text Michael just to get an idea of how the night was.

Ava-

how is your boys night out?

Michael-

its fucking awesome. i took a body shot off of the hottest girl ever. this club is great.

Ava-

good for you :)

Michael-

i think we're coming home soon. luke is calling for a taxi now. you should go to bed.

Ava-

nah, i'll wait up.

Michael-

no. go to bed. no need to wait up.

Ava-

i'll see you when you're home.
-

I had figured that Michael only wanted me to go to bed since it was really late & he probably assumed I was up alone. Well, that was until I heard the front door open & there was a girls laughter in the group.

I sat up from my chair as I looked over toward the doorway & then I saw Calum holding hands with a girl in a little black dress. He was walking upstairs & she was right behind him.

She was pretty.

I slid back in my chair & I pulled the blankets tighter over me as I tried to forget the scene I had just seen. It was one I was all too familiar with but one that brought on every single emotion anytime I witnessed it.

"Ava!" Luke ran into the room. "Hi! Hi! Hi!"

"Hi Luke."

"How was your night? Ours was the best. Did you see who Calum scored? She's fit as hell."

I just nodded before I looked over at Michael who was frowning a bit. "You should have gone to bed, Ava."

"I kind of wished I had."

"How was your night?" Ashton asked as he sat down on the couch across from me.

"Movie night. Claire & Marcy went up to bed like an hour ago so it was nice I guess."

"Looks like I'm crashing in your room tonight." Luke raised his eyebrow, referencing the situation Calum was currently in. "I call Ava's bed."

"Nah. I got her tonight." Michael quickly replied. He was honestly the best friend.

But I couldn't sit here with these three guys & pretend like the fact that Calum was currently upstairs pulling off a girl's dress wasn't bothering me.

"Yep. You guys should go up to bed. I'm just going to clean up this mess & then I'll be up."

"Okay!" Luke jumped up. "I just want to take my pants off to be honest. I'll be upstairs." & then he ran up the steps, tripping on his way up.

"I'm going to go pee for like an hour." Michael announced as he walked toward the toilet.

"I can help, Aves." Ashton said as he grabbed the wine glasses.

"No, you don't have to. Go upstairs."

"I'm not that tired. I didn't drink much tonight."

"Oh." I was purposely trying to avoid facing Ashton because my eyes were tearing up. I picked up the popcorn bowl as I quickly walked towards the kitchen, still trying to keep my back toward Ashton. "You don't need to help."

"I got it." & then Ashton placed the glasses in the sink, now looking right at me. "Aves. Are you okay?"

"What? Yea. I'm just tired." I pretended to yawn.

"You look like you're about to cry."

"No. I'm honestly okay. Movie marathons make me tried, that's all."

"No it's not. Ava, this is me we're talking about. I know you. What's wrong?"

"Ashton. It's nothing."

"Ava."

"Stop. Really." Now that Ashton was asking me what was wrong, it was making the problem even more noticeable & I felt like a break down was coming.

"C'mon. What happened tonight?" Ashton put his hand on my shoulders so I couldn't move away.

"Ashton. I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"I can't tell you this."

"We tell each other everything."

"Not this."

"Ava, please? You've seemed a little upset this entire trip. What's going on?"

"Ashton. No, I can't. Please let this go." I begged as I felt a few warm tears on my cheek. "I just want to go to bed. Please let me go to bed."

"I just want to make sure you're okay."

"Well I won't be for awhile but I'm trying, alright? Just let this go. It's nothing. I'm over emotional or something."

"Fine." Ashton wiped away a tear & then I heard Michael walk in.

"That was the longest pee of my lif- Whoa, Ava. Are you okay?"

"She won't tell me what's wrong."

"I know what it's about." Michael sighed as he walked over to me, now both boys trying to comfort me. "Aves, it'll be alright."

"What am I missing out on? Why are you so upset?"

"I can't tell you, Ash." I whispered.

"Please? I won't tell anyone else."

"Ava." Michael paused. "Just tell him."
"Michael, I can't."

"Yes you can. Ava, you can tell him."

I looked up at Michael who seemed totally reassuring & then I looked at Ashton who looked like he only wanted to help so I decided why not.

"I uh, I fell for someone who has no idea that I have feelings for him & it's really hard to deal with right now."

"Awh sweetheart, who is it?"

"Calum." I whispered.

I then walked away from those boys & I continued walking out the back door & then down the sand before I sat down, facing the beach, my knees into my chest, as I let the rest of the tears fall.

-

A/N hi. happy tuesday. i went to the dentist this morning & i have no cavities. my dentist also said i have really nice gums which was an interesting compliment.

i had this chapter planned for a long time like when i first came up with the idea for this fic, i just imagined this scene like as a calm way of her finally telling someone else about calum. it wasn't supposed to be dramatic or anything, just her finally admitting it.

thanks for all of the support on this fic so far! it means a lot!

& ashton is 21 which is insane but i'll be 21 in two months so i guess it isn't that insane but still. drunk 5sos when they tour america since he can buy the band alc :)

-

cathy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 192 19
The one where Michael never wanted Calum to find out his deepest darkest secrets. Or Michael doesn't think he's good enough for Calum so he represses...
1.4K 10 28
And when that day comes, It'll be the day that I finally admit to your cold, lifeless, body. That I love you.
1.1M 13.5K 199
A series of 5sos preferences. Request are open updating at least 3 times a week. Vote, comment, and follow PLEASE. Most will be from tumblr ill let y...
176K 7.7K 45
she wanted the fame and the friends but all he wanted was her | it sounds so cliche, but i promise otherwise | { C O M P L E T E D }