Check-'Mate'

By Stephimarie

Sin isn't your normal werewolf. Abandoned as a baby, she was found, adopted, and trained to be an assassin. S... More

Check-'Mate'
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 3

17K 627 78
By Stephimarie

I had finally arrived to my destination about 8 hours laters. Stopping once or twice to do the necessary things, bathroom, gas, and food. I was staying in a small lowkey motel for the time being so I didn't bring any attention to myself. I was in a very small town in southern Pennsylvania.

When I say small, I mean small. About 600-800 people and a bunch of woods. The perfect place to have a huge pack of wolves. I'll give it to Lucian, his area was great. My wolf was jumping for joy to run out into the forest, but unfortunatly I couldn't go without getting discovered.

My scent covering spray would only work in my human form, so for now I had to stick to it. Once I got myself checked in and brought my bags into the room, the first thing I knew I had to do was call Damien. I didn't want to hear him lecture me on the importance of checking in to make everyone know that I'm okay. 

It rang once and I heard his deep voice speak on the other end. "I assume you arrived safe and sound?" He asked. "What I don't get a hello?" I joked and I heard him sigh. "Hello Sinny..." He mumbled and I smiled. "That's better. Yes I have arrived safe and sound, make sure to let everyone know. I'm going to head to bed early and begin the scoutting tomorrow because I am beat from all that driving." I heard him clear his throat.

"Alright, I want a call tomorrow to check in." I rolled my eye's. "Yeah okay dad, this isn't my first mission might I add. I am and will be fine Damien. I told you if I need help then you will be the first one I come too. Now relax." I stressed. "Fine, but you better be careful baby, I fuckin' mean it." He said in a gruff voice.

"Yeah yeah yeah.." I said in annoyance. "I am serious, I will blink there if I have to. Do not tempt me. You will be lucky if I don't do it anyway." He explained. Blinking is basically a demon's form of transportation. They are the only one's that we know that can do it. Vampires can move extremely fast, faster then us, if they are well fed and demon's blink. 

Lucky bastards, it would of saved me a bundle in gas.

"Don't blink, you will blow my cover. They will smell you instantly, it is a small ass town Damien, don't be stupid." I argued. "Then don't give me a reason to Sindra!" I hissed at that. I hated when people called me my full time.

"I am hanging up now before I get very pissed off at you and end up chopping your nuts off when I see you next." With that I hung up. He needed to stop acting like my boyfriend because it was getting a bit too much for me to handle. I wasn't one for the commitment and he was proving my train of thought right.

I decided to jump right in a hot shower and go right to bed. I'll save the unpacking for tomorrow too.

-------

I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the day. I knew I would have to go out into the small town and get information without looking suspicious. I was on a powerful alpha's turff now, I had to be smart. I got dressed into some average dark jeans and a black tank top. I threw my long black hair into a pony and applied my scent covering spray.

I sat on the bed and opened up the file I had on my target. Lucian Sanders, Alpha of the Eclipse pack, 25 years old, unmated. Interesting, I assumed he would of been mated to be as strong as he is. Being a mated wolf puts you at your strongest and most powerful. It unlocks everything that has been hidden in your wolf. 

I don't know how it works, it just does. I never really cared to know because I never planned on mating with any possessive male wolves. I don't do the whole domination thing, and that is how they are. No thanks.

Te pack consisted of about 200 wolves that lived in the town. I don't know how many were out of the town because it wasn't in the file. I was also curious as to who put this hit out and why. I wasn't used to getting anonymous hits, I didn't like it. With not knowing who was sending you on this mission, you never knew if it was some sort of trap.

I wasn't going to bother enlisting in the school, I wanted to stay off the radar as much as possible. That included using a fake name and I.D for this motel. 

According to this file, I had until the Alpha found his true mate to get the job done. I guess when that happens he will be virtual impossible to get to and all that. I had to work quick, who knew if he found her yet. It could happen tomorrow for all I know.

I mesmerised what Lucian looked like, so If I spotted him I would know immediatly. He was attractive. Extremely so. It was almost strange how connected I felt to a photograph of him, but I brished it off. He had sandy brown hair and chisled cheek bones. Pearly white teeth and full kissable lips. His eyes were melted chocolate surrounded by full lashes. He could pass for a greek god.

I hid the file in the trunk of my car underneath the spare tire and got into the drivers side. Might as well go to a cafe and sniff out the joint.

I drove down the main strip this town had, which was about all they had, and spotted a small cafe and parked my car. Getting out I could smell coffee and various foods. I realized I was starving. Being a wolf gave me a high metabolism and I needed to eat alot to mantain my energy for fighting.

I walked in and sat down at a table in the corner and observed everything. An older waitress walked up to me and asked me for my order. By the smell of her I could tell she was human, so I knew she wouldn't have any info about the pack here.

I ordered a latte and a turkey club and scarfed it down while watching the people in the place. Everyone seemed happy and carefree, it was kind of nice. There were wolves in here, but it wasn't like I could walk up to them and be like ' Hi where is your alpha so I can kill him and go home'. So I would wait it out.

I paid for my meal, got up, and walked out of the cafe. I left my car where it was parked and decided to take a stroll down the busy street. For having little people in this town the street was packed with shoppers and just people walking their dogs. 

Alot of the shoppers were indeed wolves, none of the people walking their animals were among them, go figure. Walking a dog would be an insult to us. 

I breathed in the fresh air and smelled a delectable scent, mouth watering. Carmel and chocolate mixed with a little bit of vanilla. I looked around trying to find where the scent was coming from when my wolf screamed 'Mate' over and over again in my head.

No, no, this couldn't happen. I couldn't afford this to happen, this could be the death of me during this mission. Especially with me killing their alpha if this mate was a wolf, which I assumed he was.

I kept my head down, avoiding everyone's eyes. I could smell him, but he couldn't smell me with my spray. If I were to look into his eye's on the other hand, his wolf would recognize me as his other half. I had to steer clear of that.

The scent was getting more powerful the further I walked down the road. I turned around and headed to my car, I needed to thing of a plan to make sure this doesn't effect anything. I would just move far away from the scent anytime I smelled it.

Yeah, maybe you think what I am doing is selfish, but my life isn't suited for the likes of having a mate. It's just what it is.

I was walking as fast as I could without showing off my wolf speed to my car. I could see it clearly and I knew I was close, when a hand grabbed my shoulder. I wanted more then nothing to grab that hand and flip the person who dared touch me, but I couldn't blow my cover. 

I slowly turned around, but didn't dare look the person in the eye's because the scent was very potent at the moment. "Hey, you new around here?" The man asked. His voice was deep and powerful, it made me melt and want to jump his bones right then and there. I knew at that moment my 'mate' was in front of me.

"Just passing through, I have to go." I said, my voice low. I turned and ran to my car, locking myself in. I peeked at the person nw that I was safe in the confines of my car and seen that is was no other then....my hit. Just my fuckin' luck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.4K 1.6K 26
After Layla is forced on a rip across the country to visit all of the packs in the U.S.A. a lot of unexpected things happens. She meets her mate for...
14.6M 358K 42
I am Sophia. This year I have to be in The Mating games, but unlike most of them I will fight till the end. What happens when Sophia's mate ends up b...
520K 13.1K 51
all my life the parker boys have been mean to me and i dont know why im the soon to be alpha my name is hunter and this is my story about finding my...
404K 11.7K 32
Alex finally finds her mate after a broken past. Will she finally have the fairy tale she has always dreamed of or will it all crumble before her ver...