I'm a...Twin?!

By Kaeecoee

"I stared at my father with the most blank expression imaginable, my jaw hanging open. Either he was full of... More

I'm a...Twin?!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
UPDATE! I'M REWRITING THIS BOOK....
Chapter 1 (NEW)
Chapter 2 (NEW)
Chapter 3 (NEW)

Chapter 19

930 37 0
By Kaeecoee

"Pink just does not match your skin tone," Jessica said as she twirled me around in a hot pink dress studded with rubies. I pouted; she was not making this very easy.

My father had agreed to let Jessica come to our house and hang out since he wanted nothing to do with dresses or sparkles. It was their spring break at my old school so it worked out perfectly.

"Then what should I do? The turquoise one didn't work, the pink one didn't work, the green one did not go with my green eyes, the coral color made my brown hair look disgusting. What else?"

"Orange?"

"Ew, no. Orange is close to coral and that probably looked the worst on me. I'm not blonde like you, woman."

"Yellow?"

"Too bright," I said, making a face.

"Red?"

"Too dark."

"Aqua?"

"Jess," I whined. "That's just like turquoise."

She scrolled through the computer in frustration at my pickiness, "Grey? Black? White?"

"Nope."

"Then how about this purple one?" she asked, pointing to a ball gown. It was beautiful. The skirt was extremely poofy with gathers in random places, each one having a rose shaped diamond to bring it out. The whole skirt went to the lower waist and from there up it was a simple dark purple design with sparkles accompanying the purple and it had small but sure sleeves. I sighed at its beauty.

"Seven hundred dollars!" Jess shrieked. "What crazy person would spend that much money on a prom dress?"

"I don't know but that is amazing," I grinned. "You know what I picture that as?"

"What?"

"Midnight blue," I said in a bubbly voice. "Give me a second."

I took my hand and used my energy to begin building the dress. Seeing it on the Internet gave me great plans on how to achieve the amazing look and that's exactly what I had done. Jess was glad she was close to my size so she could have whatever dress I didn't want.

"Midnight blue! That will look so gorgeous with your hair!" she gushed.

"Exactly what I was thinking," I agreed with her. "My emerald green eyes will accompany that too."

"Sweet. Gah. You're gonna look amazing! What are you going to do in your hair?"

"Probably just curl it simply," I admitted. "I don't want to go all out."

"Yeah, I think that's one reason he really likes you. You never do anything too much. It's always just right."

"Oh, shucks," I blushed. "He is crazy for liking such a strange girl like me."

"How are you strange?"

"Well, for starters, just look at my family situation. Because of it I've left Oliver at school and he misses me. I feel bad for him."

"Oh I'm sure he's just being a drama queen," she scoffed. "Well, or a king, rather."

"Yeah maybe you're right," I shrugged, not knowing how to answer. Last time I'd seen Oliver he looked like he was going to cry when he had to leave. The excitement on his face when he saw me after I'd been so brutally removed from my childhood environment was completely a dead giveaway that he missed me and I was responsible for his sadness.

She took the dress I'd finished creating and started to undo all the corsets and clasps off the back.

"You know what's weird?"

"What?"

"Oliver has this new guy with him."

"What do you mean?"

"Yesterday before we got let out for spring break, Oliver had this new guy with him. He was dang cute."

"Maybe you should hook up with him," I grinned.

"He looks tons like you."

"Really?" I wondered, once again pulling off my shorts and my t-shirt to try on the dress. "How?"

"Green eyes, brown hair, tall, you name it."

"That's bizarre," I furrowed my eyebrows. Andrew would never think of doing something like that but he popped into my head nonetheless.

"Yeah, tell me about it. Maybe you can meet him tomorrow night."

"Yeah, but Oliver and I are going to be alone so I won't see this kid like at all."

"If you do, get his number," she ordered. "I need to talk with him. He's dang cute and boy, he is built!"

"Okay, Jess," I laughed as I pulled the sleeves of my dress up to my shoulders. "Maybe it's a cousin."

"Maybe."

Jessica helped me put on the dress the rest of the way. She zipped it up and tugged the corset tightly to the point where I was struggling to maintain oxygen in my system. Olden day girls should be so much more respected for the clothing they had to survive; I thought my insides were going to explode.

"Good?"

"Too much," I huffed, but she didn't seen to notice.

"Oh. My. Gosh," she gasped. Her face remained in focus as she glanced me down, "You look amazing! Midnight blue is just perfect."

"Is it?" I chuckled. "That's good."

"No, seriously, go look at yourself, Lee. You look amazing."

"Thanks," I grinned as I headed toward the full length mirror in my bathroom. The dress extended out a couple of feet around me and it took a bit of getting extremely skinny to fit through the bathroom door.

When I made it through, I took a good look at myself. It was definitely the perfect dress. It fit my figure to full perfection and the midnight blue brought out the dark locks of my hair. Jess was right. Perfect.

"This is the one," I grinned, twirling around as best as I could in my gown.

"You're so right it is! It's fabulous! You know what else would look great with it?"

"What?"

"Come here, I'll show you."

I gathered up the fabric of my dress in my hands and squeezed through the door once again. Once I was through I let the dress loose and I went over to the computer. Jessica had pulled up some jewelry that matched the color of my dress in every spectrum of light possible. It had a bead at the end and diamonds were lining every other blue pearl.

"Is that too much?" Jess asked me.

"Nah, it's great," I shook my head and started to build the necklace. "I really like it."

"Me too. You should make one to match all of the dresses you've already made," she said, gesturing to the pile of rejected dresses I'd made. "I seriously am in love!"

"I seriously am not," I snorted, slipping on the necklace and sliding the earrings into my pierced holes.

"You're just a big ol' tomboy," she said, sticking her tongue out at me playfully.

"Am not," I disagreed. I just wasn't huge into bright colors. I was a purple, blue, green and maroon type of girl. Jess, however, was the opposite.

"Sure. Nevertheless, I'm glad I get your dresses."

"Your welcome," I chuckled. She would.

"So this date is tomorrow, eh?"

"Yep! Sure is."

"Looks like you are so ready," she grinned wide.

"Yep. Hey, you should ask your mom is you can sleep over. That way you can help me get ready tomorrow and then we can take you home when I head to Ollie's house."

"I like your thinking," she bobbed her head up and down in agreement and pulled out her phone. She slipped into the bathroom while I messed around with my dress some more. It made me look like I hardly had a waist but that was the only deformity.

When Jess got off the phone with the great news that she could sleep over, we stayed up and talked about boys pretty much all night. We filled each other in about what was happening in our lives and we caught up.

No one could ever even know how much I missed my old life.

"Your dad is such a strong person," she said, yanking the sleeping bag over her shoulders.

"Yeah, he truly is. I don't know why he's even surviving," I sighed. "I would have just killed myself by now."

"What good would that have done?" she pointed out. "He's doing what he should do. He's fighting."

"You're right," I yawned. "I just don't know what to do about the crystal."

"What about the crystal?"

"I got this crystal that will break our curse, you know the one I told you about? The reason I have powers? All I have to do is get my blood and Andrew's blood to mix together on the crystal and the curse will reverse and we'll live our lives as if it never existed."

"Alleah, that's so exciting!"

"No it's not," I frowned.

"How is it not? You can restore your family!"

"Jess, if I do it then it'll be as if my old life never existed," I explained. "Doesn't that bother you a little? Because it really bothers me."

"Of course it bothers me, losing my best friend, but you're not seeing the whole picture."

"What do you mean?" I inquired.

"Alleah, you and your family will be together without anyone stalking you and trying to kidnap you. Not only that but you aren't going to remember any of this and neither will I."

"But I want to remember," I bit my lip and buried my head in my pillow. She just didn't understand.

"You want to remember being stalked by a creep?"

"No, I want to remember my old life."

"Alleah, look, this is really hard for me to say," she started, then paused.

"What?"

"Alleah, you have to choose what's most important to you, but if I were you, I would break the curse. Your father deserves it and so does your brother and especially your mother."

"I guess so," I mumbled. "How's the volleyball team?"

I had to change the subject. I was so torn in between what I should do. It was stressing me out and I just couldn't take the pressure.

We eventually fell asleep because I had to make sure I had energy just in case I had to fight my brother again. We slept from about four in the morning to two in the afternoon.

"Alleah!" Jessica yelped before a pillow squashed my face. "Get up!"

"Ugh," I whined, pushing the pillow away from me. "Why are you hitting me?"

"It's two in the afternoon!" she shrieked. "We have to leave in an hour! Get your butt out of bed!"

I shot up fast enough that my head started spinning but I had no time to be dizzy. I cruised to the bathroom and started getting ready.

"Why didn't your dad wake us up?" she panted.

"He probably isn't thinking about it," I said, finishing using the restroom and washing my hands. Jessica was throwing on some clothes herself before she ran to my dress and started undoing all the clasps and zippers.

About forty five minutes later I was fully dressed and ready to go. Jessica collapsed on my bed and breathed.

"We should go professional."

"You're most certainly right," I agreed, gathering up my skirts to fit through the door. My hair was simply curled, my sandals were secured to my feet and my jewelry was perfect. I felt like a Hollywood star.

"Let's go run to the car," she suggested, grabbing my hand. "It's time to leave."

We scurried down to where my father was waiting by the mustang. He beamed at me when I entered the garage and Barry and Phil gave me awkward smiles.

"Sweetheart, you look magnificent," my father grinned. "Jessica, you are my hero. Thank you for being such a great friend to my daughter."

"You're welcome, sir," she replied shyly. She gave Barry her suitcase to load in their car and we both slid in the back of the mustang.

"Your dad has some serious style in his choice of cars," she whispered while the boys loaded their luggage.

"He really does. He's an inventor."

"No way!" she exclaimed. "That is legit!"

"Yep, that's where he met the guy that has Andrew," I told her.

"That sucks," she made a face. "I wonder how your dad feels about that."

"I don't know, I've never asked him," I said. She nodded and closed her mouth when my father entered the car. Barry slipped in the front but Phil stayed back.

"Where's he going?" I asked.

"He's not going to be coming with us today," my father responded. "He's going to go visit a special girl of is."

"No way!" I gasped. "You mean Ivory?"

"Yep."

"Ah! That is so exciting."

"Ready to go kids?" he looked back at us and winked. We nodded in response and he turned the engine on, pulling out of the driveway.

We spent the two hour drive with the radio on high and dancing. It was very entertaining and I could tell even my father was grinning when before I wondered if something was bothering him. He seemed to be a little bit stressed before.

When we arrived, Jessica was let off at home, which made my heart twist in a sickening way. This could be the last time I ever would see her before I broke the curse and I was deeply saddened at the thought of losing my best friend.

I gave her the biggest ever when we let her off.

"Bye, Jessica," I frowned, giving her a bear hug. "Thank you for all you've done. I couldn't ask for a better best friend. I love you."

"Aw, shucks, Alleah," she grinned, hugging me back. "I love you, too. I'm going to miss you."

I felt tears prick at my eyes. "I'm going to miss you too, Jess."

She leaned into my ear, "Just please break the curse. Do it for your family, okay?"

"Okay, Jessica. We will see," I nodded, trying not to cry. She began to slide out out of the car, waving to my father.

"Thanks for letting us hang out, sir."

"You're so welcome, hun," my father said. "Bye."

"Bye," I called as she slipped out and closed the door.

Stay composed, I thought to myself. Don't break down. It's going to be okay.

My father pulled away and headed for Oliver's house.

"Alleah?"

"Yes?"

"Do you have the crystal?" he wondered.

"It's in my suitcase," I said. "I thought I'd keep it there until I went into Ollie's house."

"Okay. Just have it in case. If they do find you, promise me you'll find a way to get yours and Andrew's blood in the crystal so you can break the curse, okay?"

I felt my heart tear. His words sounded like hey, Alleah, I'm asking you're forget about everything for our family.

Did I want our family to be together? Of course. But giving up my memories at high school and my friends and foster mother? That was another story.

"I'll try," I heard myself say as he pulled up to the curb of Oliver's house. He got out and opened the door for me, helping me find my way out of the mustang and on to the lawn of Ollie's house.

"I love you, sweetheart," he said, kissing my forehead. "Be safe. Use your powers if necessary."

"Got it, Dad. I love you, too," I blew him a kiss. He pulled me into a big hug and sighed into my hair. I heard the door of Oliver's house open, but we didn't even flinch. I held my father close and buried my face into his shoulder. Today was so emotional saying goodbye to my best friend since elementary school. I didn't know how it could get any worse.

"Go have fun," he whispered, releasing me reluctantly. "I'll pick you up at eight."

"Sounds great," I waved at him as he got into the mustang and drove away. I watched him until I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist.

"Who's this pretty princess?" Oliver whispered against my neck, grinning.

"I'm the tooth fairy, retard," I teased. "I heard you lost a tooth."

"Did you? You seem to be misinformed because what really happened is I gained a tooth."

"How does that work?"

"It's a sweet tooth for you," he chuckled. "Wanna see?"

"Hmm, sure, why not," I decided. He grinned and turned me so he could press his lips up against mine. It lasted a few seconds before he backed away from it.

"I didn't know I saw things through my mouth, but hey, apparently it's possible," I laughed. He pressed another kiss to my forehead and grabbed my hand.

"It sure is. Now let's go have prom, princess."

"Sounds great, handsome."

He led me into the backyard where he had a gorgeous display set up and music was playing in the background. I felt my lips pull up at the corners.

"You are amazing," I playfully nudged him. "This is great."

"I thought so, too. Want to dance?"

"Sure," I nodded. I slipped off my shoes and we got into dance position and begin to waltz with a song I'd heard from High School Musical 3.

As he guided me around the back porch, we stared into each other's eyes. His read all sorts of languages of love and attraction and I couldn't even guess what mine read. I hoped it was positive. My skin tingled where his hand held my waist and it felt like our palms were molded together. I wouldn't have cared even if they were.

"Alleah," he whispered. His voice made my heart flutter. I was falling for him just like he'd fallen for me. I was more than happy to hear it roll off his tongue like a delicate harmony of a master piece, the kind that gives you goosebumps down your spine.

"Yes?"

"You are so beautiful," he replied. I felt my lips pull up at the corners.

"Not as beautiful as you are handsome," I grinned at him with a wink. He chuckled and pressed our lips together, beginning to kiss me again.

Candy was never going to taste the same again. Not when I'd tasted the bliss of Oliver's lips. I mentally slapped myself for getting romantic. I was normally not this way but Oliver was bringing it out in me.

I shivered as his fingers touched along the base of my neck and the other ran up my back while both my palms rested on his chest. I was now on my tippy toes full on making out with him and I couldn't gather myself together to stop. It was just too amazing.

"Ollie?" I whispered against his mouth. He paused and tilted his head a little.

"Yes, gorgeous?"

"Do people make out at prom?"

He shrugged, "I don't know but this is our prom so we can do this however we want."

"Okay," I laughed, leaning back in. He accepted the gesture immediately and we were back to our kissing stage.

Once we finally stopped, we headed over to the swings and sat for a while. His parents had two swings on one side of their large apple tree that were suspended right next to eachother on the lowest branch. Oliver took us over and helped me on to it so my dress would be okay and he sat next to me.

"When are you ever going to come back to high school?" he asked, looking behind him for a brief second before turning back to me.

"When we get my brother back and fight off the guy who kidnapped him."

"So never?"

"Oliver, why are you saying that?" I asked, hurt. "Have some faith."

"How can I? What if they get you first?"

"They're not going to, Ollie," I frowned at him. Now was not a good time for pessimism. I wanted this night to be magical like all the other girls said their prom was like.

"How can you be sure?"

"Do you know something I don't?"

"No?"

"Good to know," I huffed, getting off the swing. "Then let's not worry. I'm trying, okay? Let's enjoy our night while we can because my dad is picking me up at eight."

"At eight?" he gasped. "But that's so early."

"I know, so let's get on it," I said, sending him a reassuring grin.

"Want to go inside for a drink and some dinner? " he asked.

"Sure, anything to get our minds on something else," I agreed. He rose from the wood board and let it swing behind him as I grabbed on to his elbow. He led me back to the porch and held the door open for me.

"Thanks," I smiled at him, waiting for him to finish coming in.

"Anytime. Hey, I'll be right back. I'm going to grab my iPod and its dock and bring it inside."

"Okay," I nodded, heading for the little table set up by the window aside from the back porch door. It's white surface was decorated with the finest tablecloth and it was full of chocolate goodies. I dug in and ate a bunch before he came back.

"Well, well, well," a way too familiar voice cackled in my ear. "Looks like our little missy here fell for the harmless trick."

Shivers shot down my spine as I felt a bunch of hands grab at my arms. I tried to push them away, but as a result I fell more come and attack. I whirled around to see my brother and Zemlicka standing behind me. Zemlicka wore an evil smile on his face and Andrew looked a little uncomfortable.

"What trick?" I growled through my teeth as the men started hauling me away from the dessert table.

"Your so-called 'boyfriend' helped us set this up," Zemlicka said. "I am very disappointed in you for not obeying me, young lady."

At that very moment, Oliver hopped in the door, but froze and looked alarmed. I felt anger boil up in me at the very sight of him. What a loser.

"Some friend you are!" I snapped at him. "How could you?!"

"What?"

"You betrayed me! You helped them get me! Who are you?" I cried. "What happened to the Oliver that used to be my best friend? You ruined everything!"

"Alleah! It's not what it looks like!" Oliver panicked, trying to come toward me. Zemlicka went over and pushed him away.

"Get away from my daughter, peasant. We appreciate your willingness to help us, but now we need you to step aside and let us handle it."

"You threatened me!" he hollered as Zemlicka's men began to lead me away. The sorrow of Oliver's betrayal alone made my energy leak out of my body. I couldn't even stand the thought of fighting back. Tears were stinging the corners of my eyes.

"You called us, boy. I didn't realize you were best friends with Alleah. Some friend you are but I do appreciate the favor. She's back in safe hands now," Zemlicka called as he exited Oliver's house.

"Alleah, please believe me!" Oliver hollered out the front door. "They made me. I love you!"

"If I ever see you with my sister again, I swear, I will rip your face off," I heard Andrew threaten him as he and Zemlicka left the house. Their ship flew down to where we could enter it and the ship's entrance opened for us.

I took one last look at my best friend. The tears were now pouring down my face ruining the makeup Jessica had worked so hard on. Oliver looked so devastated and upset with himself that I couldn't help but feel a little bad but the same went. He made the worst thing happen to me that could have possibly ever happened.

He ruined my whole entire life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

693K 34.6K 50
❝𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂 𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒏𝒕, 𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒂𝒏𝒕.❞ (the stars incline us, they do not bind us.) ━━━━━━━━━━ 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉�...
116 11 32
In the fantasy world of Andromeda, twins are pretty rare. But when they are born, each twin is good and bad. So once they get to a certain age, they...
70 0 22
How do I explain this? My mother is a mortal, my dad and his family are wizards, but he gave up his powers to be with our mom and now there are four...
2.3K 293 23
When twins Skylar and Jake were born, their scientist parents used them as an experiment. Each was injected with a dose of serum that would supposedl...